Rants & Raves

ISRAELI PRIME Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is right when he says we need to take a tough stance when dealing with Iran. We need to learn from the past. Look at how far they have come with their nuclear program since our previous “negotiations” with them. They just can’t be trusted. What I am afraid of is that President Obama will be conned into giving something for nothing. He will just act to make himself look good.

RANT FOR North Augusta Parks and Recreation football. The management, along with the officiating, is absolutely atrocious. Many of the coaches do not follow the rules and put wins over player safety, while the NAPR does nothing. I want to thank my grandson’s coach Rob for sticking up for the safety of his players and teaching his boys the correct way to play.

I FEEL SORRY for the people who want to sell their homes and move from Richmond County. They are being held hostage because there are no buyers who want to live here, either.

JUST BECAUSE you don’t have insurance doesn’t mean you’re looking for a handout and are black. My job was eliminated, which eliminated my insurance. I work 40 hours a week with no benefits and make less at my current job. Don’t judge another person by what’s in your wallet or what kind of car you have or how long you’ve been on your job. Big corporations can and will take away your lifestyle and anytime. By the way, I’m white.

I WANTED TO thank the kind-hearted lady in the silver Ford Explorer who paid for my husband and me at Starbucks. My husband had just had another procedure at University Hospital for his many health problems, so you really made our day. I’ll surely pay this forward.

RANTS TO the river property owners who continue to claim North Augusta residents are against Project Jackson, overtaxed (North Augusta taxes are the lowest I have ever paid), and being plotted against by this wonderful project. Sometimes it is hard for the financially blessed to realize that their world includes everyone. Stop your whining!

APPARENTLY 3,000 people participated in the Great Bull Run in Conyers, Ga., recently. I am afraid my sympathy is with the bulls that have to put up with a bunch of idiots running alongside waiting to get hurt. I just hope that none of the bulls got hurt.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/01/13 - 10:08 pm
The Sun Also Rises in Conyers But....

The Great Bull Run in Conyers is lacking Hemingway and The Lost Generation. It’s like building an Eiffel Tower in Ludowici.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/02/13 - 04:51 am
RANTS TO the river property owners

It's apparent this ranter doesn't own property in the area. The property owners affected are worrying about the value of their property going down while their taxes go up. What comes along with these projects? Crime, car break ins and thefts, homes burglarized and muggings.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/13 - 06:06 am
Escape From Augusta

The ranter lamenting the inability of people to sell their houses in Richmond County brings up something. If things are that bad with home sales maybe it can be used as the catalyst to initiate referendums for areas to break out of the consolidated ARC government. Money talks and if people are fed up with ARC government and their inability to sell their homes, the way out is to move the Augusta city lines away from your area.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/13 - 05:33 am
Board of Regents Blunders Again

I’m still flabbergasted that the regents consider the future plan of GRU to be “repurposing” the former ASU campus and consolidating campuses with MCG at Frog Hollow. That move would have absolutely no regards for the history of ASU, the cost of such a move or the impracticality of an undergrad college in the busy medical district. A contiguous campus in an urban environment is not necessary. As with the name change, the Board of Regents has once again shown it has no grasp of the local community.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/02/13 - 05:46 am
Feeling sorry "for the people who want to sell their homes... "

Our family as of 3 weeks ago has sold it last piece of property in ARC.
It took us 3 years to sell 2 houses. While we sold them for about 74k less that 1970-80 purchase prices (purchased premarket raise), we just the same, as relieved to be done with it and cutting all ties to ARC.

Kind of Makes you wonder about the AC E-paper front page article headline a days ago.

"Want To Buy A House in Augusta?"

T-Minis
143 days
12,355,200 seconds
205,920 minutes
3432 hours
as of 5:44am

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/02/13 - 05:49 am
I agree

"JUST BECAUSE you don’t have insurance doesn’t mean you’re looking for a handout and are black."

But it was helped to elect and re-elect a SOCIALIST that
made such promises and made it possible.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/02/13 - 06:02 am
Go Dawgs

Good bleary eyed morning from Amelia Island. Sic em.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/13 - 06:08 am
JTF, just have another one

JTF, just have another one. It's college football season and we have an excuse to stay drunk for days on end. Go Dawgs.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/02/13 - 06:11 am
River

Thanks, just wanted I wanted to hear. My bud is mixing bloodies as we speak. Good luck to Clemson today. See ya.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/02/13 - 06:25 am
A RAVE to my Mother

Happy 90th Birthday.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/13 - 06:39 am
Good Morning "Happy People" America

Reading the R&R's this morning proves that we are now all happy. The only one that is not happy is #5.

So I will reframe from making an unhappy comment. I just wouldn't want to start the day being unhappy.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart "Great President Obama!"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/13 - 07:18 am
nocnoc

There is no doubt in my mind, She know what life is all about.

Congratulations and many more, Mother of nocnoc.

Play my 07:11 for her,

JRC2024
JRC2024 11/02/13 - 07:55 am
Cobalt, I am happy today

Cobalt, I am happy today also. Happy that I was able to wake up today, happy that I have food in the frig or have the ability to buy what I need, happy that I have been married to a wonderful woman for 27 years yesterday, happy that the sun is shinning and happy that I live in the United States instead of some backward country in the middle east or elsewhere.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/13 - 09:04 am
Question For Mike Sleeper About Scott Dean

About the Scott Dean appeal for another trial. I’d ask Mike Sleeper, the Columbia County BOE member, son-in-law of CC Commission Chairman Ron Cross, how he NOW feels about the possibility? Sleeper was Dean’s campaign manager and close friend, but resigned at some point in Dean’s problems… the county employee whose Army husband was in Iraq and Dean’s well-publicized problems with his adopted daughter.

The testimony in court was revealing in many ways, although, to me, since no penetration occurred, the 20 year sentence was entirely absurd. (The same as with the 20 year sentence for the woman involved in the accident driving near the lake.)

I ask directly how Mike Sleeper feels because he also represents the powers that be in the county, who have contact with Judge Blanchard, and probably knows this case better than anyone. Mike, do you feel you were right in distancing yourself from Dean? I’m not being judgmental, but simply asking?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/13 - 09:37 am
Thanks a bunch Cgee

Like we need a reminder we are getting older...♥

Happy Birthday to noc noc's mom..

Good am to bigj706...yes it has been a few days .....

I need to start my book....times a- wasting away & I might "forget" the good stuff.....last weekend I changed the clock back ...sooo I know the brain cells are going bye bye as I speak...:)
If we could turn the clock back....what part of life would we do over.....I have some moments (can't share on here) but I would definitely play it again..haha

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/13 - 09:41 am
What made me happy this week

I saw some of the most beautiful fall colors I have ever seen...the trees from Gwinnett to Fulton county were knock outs this year.....maybe because we had so much rain...dunno, but I enjoyed every leaf.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/13 - 10:13 am
Unbelievable nonesense from the students

And this week, at Brown University in Providence, R.I., a group of student hecklers, in a coordinated assault on free speech, prevented the New York Police commissioner from speaking at an event and, therefore, from also taking questions from the audience.

What saddens me is that this group of idiots will soon run this country..

harley_52
harley_52 11/02/13 - 10:54 am
"What saddens me....

.....is that this group of idiots will soon run this country."

They already are.

And anybody who believes this was just an isolated group of overly emotional teenagers spontaneously responding to a social issue discussion.....I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

None of these things are spontaneous, isolated, accidental, or coincidental. Like the "occupy wall street" protests, they are planned, organized, and controlled by puppeteers pulling their strings.

etlinks
20872
etlinks 11/02/13 - 11:26 am
Rant #6

You must be a new citizen of NA and it is not the project it is the stadium that is hard to swallow.

countyman
20129
countyman 11/02/13 - 12:00 pm
Facts

#3... How do you explain the new movie theater, H&M, Cabela's, hotels, Whole Foods, Michael Kors, etc coming to county where nobody wants to buy?

Developers build new commercial investments based on residential growth.

Richmond County might have the highest amount of resales this year, because the people moving to the suburban counties usually new housing..

''New construction homes continue to dominate the local residential real estate market. Beginning to see an increase, however, are re-sale homes that are appealing to home buyers who would rather live closer to Augusta and not in Grovetown, Jones said. The main price point for resale homes has generally been between $350,000 and $450,000, he said.''

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/13 - 03:09 pm
That's Columbia County

The Commissioner of North Richmond County posted this link: http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/business/local-business/2013-06-07/hou...

It's about a family buying a house in River Island which is around the corner from me in Columbia County. Heh.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/13 - 04:42 pm
Our Great Hammer & Sickle CIC!

I have sent this to the 102 addressee's in my email list and for those that are not on that list......View and Weep....

Thanks LC

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/02/13 - 05:58 pm
Thank you CG......Yes, view

Thank you CG......Yes, view and weep!

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/02/13 - 08:19 pm
FACTS are pesky things!

Rent.....

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/02/13 - 08:27 pm
FACTS are pesky things!

This from Builderonline.com on 10/6/13 would seem to contradict hizzoner the mayour of north richmond...

"In the Augusta, GA market, closings of new homes sank year-over-year in July, and the percentage fall, which was steeper than June 2013, gave suggestions that the market may be worsening. There was a 15.3% fall in new home closings from a year earlier. This came on the heels of a 11.8% fall year-over-year in June"