Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT FOR THE Augusta Commission approving money for police to improve safety on the highways. That’s a joke. Follow some of those guys some time. They run red lights; they watch people run red lights; they speed; they do illegal lane changes; they don’t have their lights on when it’s raining. They are some of the worst drivers out there. I wouldn’t insure any of them.

PLEASE DON’T SMOKE in front of the door. We don’t want to walk through clouds of smoke just to get inside a grocery store. Please move at least 20 feet from the front door to smoke.

RAVES AND HEARTFELT thanks to two women in the commissary when I fell so hard and broke my shoulder and hurt my nose. Thanks for keeping me calm.

I AM SO GLAD Sheriff Roundtree is taking control of these corrupt cops. Good work. Keep it up.

IN THE WORDS OF M-A-S-H’s Col. Sherman Potter, “Horse feathers!” Not only am I not going to be able to keep my current insurance, the plan foist upon me and my family is more expensive and covers less.

THOUGH I AM sympathetic towards the city workers concerning their raise, I am not empathetic. The teachers in Richmond County have not had a raise since Obama took office. If fact, we have endured either eight or nine furlough days per year. When will we get a raise?

TO THE RANTER who suggested we stop listening to the hate on Fox (which is 50 percent opinion, 50 percent news), should we then listen to the hate on MSNBC or NBC, which is 85 percent opinion?

I LIVE ON RICHARD’S Road, and I am a friend of the mosquito man who got locked up. It broke my heart that he got arrested, but it did my heart good when I saw that his boss, Mr. Kendrick, stepped forward and got him out of jail.

DON’T BE SO proud and arrogant at church. Speak to people when they speak to you.

POLICE, YOU NEED to take your sunglasses off and make eye contact with people when you talk to them. It is unprofessional. They can’t see your eyes through those glasses.

I AM EMBARRASSED to be a retired military veteran. Hearing that our government won’t pay our deceased soldiers their money. All veterans please do not reelect anybody who is currently in office.

I DON’T THINK THE Republicans should be blamed for the shutdown. It all started because Obama will not give up the lost cause of Obamacare. He puts this country to shame.

OBAMA HAS BEEN, and is, forcing us into a gross economic depression; and it’s clear that’s been his aim all along.

Comments (59)

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/29/13 - 07:39 pm

OK Amercia -

A vast majority of America knows now it was lied to and screwed
over, by the Elitist Socialist leadership from the start.

Even Liberal leaning Media like CBS, NBC, CNN are pointing out the false statements used to sell Obamacare.

I ask every one who originally supported Obamacare these 2 questions.

1.) Is this poorly designed and implemented plan still worth forcing on America as is?

2.) Is it time to STOP, backup and workout the major issues and get back to covering JUST the few million that were not covered and NOT Mess with the other 95+% (295+) million already that were?

Seriously I want to hear from Obama supporters
and if and why you still support the Obamacare trying to be implemented now?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/29/13 - 09:30 pm

Hate on Fox

I missed that rant. Did they offer anything specific or were they just parroting the Fox Haters line? I would like for any Fox critic to watch a few minutes of every segment over a few days and tell me where the hate is. Right political bias? Yep; but very minor compared to MSNBC's left bias. Talk about hateful! Just watch a few hours of that and get back to me. I watch NBC in the mornings 90% of the time and don't find them to be particularly biased; maybe guilty for a lack of coverage on the negatives of the Dems, but not overly biased either way. Fox isn't either with the exception of Hannity; who is pretty harsh towards the left.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/29/13 - 09:42 pm

Smokers at doors

This dovetails nicely with the ongoing downtown debate. I have to agree with the ranter; if an establishment is providing a smoke free environment for its patrons, why the heck does one think it is OK to put up a cloud of noxious fumes at the door? This inconsiderate behavior, plus things like littering the roadways and walkways with butts win smokers ZERO friends! People who may otherwise agree that it is a matter of personal choice for the smoker and business owner will turn against you for the slobbish behavior.
I am more than willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with smokers to defend their personal rights; but in return I need some respect too.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/29/13 - 10:17 pm

Smokers at doors

This dovetails nicely with my assertion that the people who want a city ordinance to ban smoking in bars (and other adult entertainment establishments) do not want to stop with 'just take it outside.' Once they've got their ordinance to ban smoking indoors, they will then expand their reach. The next step will be to ban smoking outdoors in parks. Then they will ban it outdoors on college campuses (oooops, it has already happened at Grooo). Then they will ban it within 100 feet of any building doorway outside. Then they will ban it at pedestrian crosswalks. Then they will ban it on city sidewalks. Then they will ban it in private grocery store parking lots.

Give them an inch — they'll demand a mile.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/29/13 - 10:58 pm

I haven't attended a concert there, yet

Has Columbia County enacted a ban on outdoor smoking at the Lady Antebellum Pavilion?

countyman
countyman 10/29/13 - 11:36 pm

Developers love Richmond County & falling in love with the CBD

Lower Broad might become the next growth area in the CBD(attract developers away from the riverfront, Artist Row &, Upper Broad)...

Whites Building(residential, commercial, & retail)
758 Broad(14 new apartments)
967 Broad(4 new apartments)

Holiday Inn Express & Suites(under construction)
851 Broad(Sprint Food Metro Market underway)
901 Broad(9 apts/4,300 sq. ft. of commercial space coming soon)

An application for a Certificate of Appropriateness – 972 Broad Street – Anglin & Griffin Properties – requesting to renovate the façade with an inset entry, restore window
openings, and install a railing to enclose an outside area -Downtown

The Google street view of 972 Broad in the CBD....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/30/13 - 06:07 am

Good Morning "A New Day For Me" America.

After seeing all the TV news, reading newspapers, listen to many radio prod cast for the past 5 years, I have come to one conclusion. Lying is accepted and a new way of life in America.

So with that said, I now feel honored to admit that I am so glad that I voted for a president that has done so much to improve the living standards of America. He has accomplished more than any president to secure this great nation, provided God given support for all the poor, brought racism to an end, made morality the greatest it has ever been
and I now feel that I can leave this earth knowing that all my off springs will live in peace and comfort. I have no more worries and very proud to be an American.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 06:24 am

LL, Columbia County Bans Outdoor Smoking

LL, Columbia County already bans smoking at all the parks except the camp grounds at Wildwood.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 06:26 am

Backhanded Compliment

That one rave-rant looks like a backhanded compliment to Sheriff Roundtree and the RCSO.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 06:31 am

From Bush Did It To...

We've heard every problem the Obama administration has had blamed on Bush. With the total chaos resulting from Obamacare, MSNBC and the Democrats are now saying the Republicans did it with their opposition. I don't believe even the low info voters are going to buy Republicans caused this national disaster called Obamacare.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/30/13 - 06:34 am

I Now Exhale Water Vapor

with my new E-cigarette. Am I now an accepted part of society?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 06:39 am

CG, you ain't never gonna be

CG, you ain't never gonna be an accepted part of society. Heh. Me either, come to think of it.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/30/13 - 06:45 am

CG

I'll bet after that statement, you had to wash your mouth out with two extra glasses of Reserve!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 06:46 am

Good Advertising... I Guess

Speaking of being backhanded...The headline says, "Testing Find(s) No TB at A.R. Johnson." I wonder if Augusta’s Housing and Community Development Director Chester Wheeler could use that trying to sell those houses on Laney Walker that cost millions to build?

"No TB in Our School"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/30/13 - 06:49 am

Public Smoking

After doing some checking with a very informed friend I found that smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of an entrance to a public building. The reason is for the second hand smoke that everyone would have to pass through to enter. Think about it. I used to smoke and still enjoy a good cigar once in a while, but, when entering a building and they have a butt can at the entrance or smokers standing there, what do you smell!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/30/13 - 06:51 am

Things learned enroute

While researching this I also learned that throughout the course of a day you will inhale appoximately 1 liter of hydrocarbon particles expelled from other people! Yes, I'm talking plain old everyday farts!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/30/13 - 07:03 am

CBBP

Don't you dare call me a Liar!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 07:09 am

“Developers love Richmond County and falling in love with CBD.”

“Developers love Richmond County and falling in love with CBD.”

These developers must have strong feelings for the CBD that border on fetish/obsession. These feelings for inanimate objects give them romantic desires and satisfactions in a quixotic way. I wonder which buildings they desire most?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/30/13 - 07:12 am

Black Gay Club

Maybe that is the one they desire the most.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/30/13 - 07:20 am

Is it just me

Somehow I can't get real excited about this...

requesting to renovate the façade with an inset entry, restore window

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/30/13 - 07:22 am

OOPs

Didn't mean to intrude on the testosterone parade going on here...

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 07:36 am

Someone Please Explain THAT Photo

The mugshot of the guy caught stealing from the storage place in Columbia Cty is bizarre. What's wrong with his face?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/30/13 - 07:38 am

Serious question on the ACA.

Serious question on the ACA. If you have insurance through your employer and change jobs, are you a criminal for the usual 90 day period before you are eligible for coverage at your new job?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/30/13 - 07:39 am

We need the estrogen to

We need the estrogen to balance the testosterone. Good mornin' SB4

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/30/13 - 07:42 am

CG

No Sir, I could never question your veracity and have no reason to insinuate that you may prevaricate!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/30/13 - 07:41 am

Gay Club

Just released, Gay Club owner says he feels he was "Rear Ended by the ARC"

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/30/13 - 07:52 am

Thanks Roadkill

At least YOU appreciate the female point of view!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/30/13 - 07:56 am

Maybe & maybe not

I think once I was approach by a gay female...not positive though.....she wanted to keep her hand in my pocket all the time....I thought she had cold hands...lol heheh

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/30/13 - 08:16 am

Seenit, she was simply a

Seenit, she was simply a Democrat trying to get your money.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/30/13 - 08:25 am

Dang, Seenit, now you have me thinking

Dang, Seenit, now you have me thinking of the video about the cops stopping the women in Texas and having the woman cop do the "body search" on them. Whew.

Officials say errors made in meeting

Officials with the Richmond County Health Department acknowledged Thursday that public health employees improperly denied requests for information and attempted to bar photographs during a public ...