Rants & Raves

THIS IS A RANT for the Savannah River Site. According to the Oct. 12 paper, managers have reportedly told their staffs that they might not be covered under a bill passed by the House to retroactively pay all federal employees for lost salary. My rant is if we’re not treated as federal employees now, why were we treated as federal employees three years ago when the president froze federal employees’ salaries and we received no cost-of-living increases for these three years?

GIVE ME A BREAK. Re­cipients of food stamps will not starve in a one- or two-day glitch. I get stopped all the time by people wanting to sell me their food stamps. They get enough to store some staples in their cabinets. The whole program has gone crazy, people keep having babies they can’t afford. When is it ever going to stop?

THIS SHUTDOWN situation is the fault of the Republicans who want to blackmail the president and force aside the Affordable Care Act that most people want. How could any decent person not want uninsured people to get insurance? Stop the shutdown Republicans!

I THINK THE mere hours of EBT failure served a good purpose. We find out more of possible scammers on the system. The REAL poor people should know the churches and other locations for free groceries and/or meals. Now maybe the scammers will learn the true value of the free foods they have been taking for granted.

FOR ALL THE back-seat presidents: Y’all voted in Bush and his three stooges to run our debt up with a huge lie that killed our soldiers daily. Never heard any of you complain about that. Lying to his wife about Monica got Clinton impeached. Lying about Saddam? No big deal!

QUESTION FOR Sherriff Roundtree: If the feds asked the RCSO to lock down open air memorials or federal parks in our community, would you order your officers to deny law-abiding citizens access?

THE HEALTH CARE Act is 2,700 pages and has spawned more than 13,000 pages of regulations. The Civil Rights Act is four pages long. Throw out these arrogant, meddlesome politicians who exempt themselves from atrocities they pass.

WE HAVE LAWS on the book that prohibit the loud music coming from cars in south Augusta. Why don’t the police stop these people? They hear them. Give them a ticket. Do something.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/27/13 - 07:25 pm
Bakes

I was reading the school menus in Sunday's Columbia County News-Times and saw this menu item for Tuesday:

Baked sweet potato fries

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say, “Sweet potato bakes?”

fishman960
fishman960 10/27/13 - 07:26 pm
Headache

My head hurts trying to think of intelligent responses to these rants....

harley_52
harley_52 10/27/13 - 09:01 pm
"How could any decent person.....

....not want uninsured people to get insurance?"

I think most decent people would like to see everybody have insurance.

There is, however, a vast difference between wanting the best for everybody and paying for it.

I'd like everybody to have a nice house, nice car, bass boat, flat screen TV, steak in the freezer, etc., etc., etc.. I wish the best for everybody, BUT I am not willing to release them from the responsibility to pay for it themselves.

I want everybody to be successful. That means I want them to work hard, educate themselves, and learn the skills necessary to succeed on their own merits.

Decent people don't want other people to be lazy, unskilled, uneducated loafers who would prefer to sponge off society over taking care of themselves.

KSL
KSL 10/28/13 - 12:00 am
Rant #5.

Has to be from someone either totally stupid or totally ignorant, or both. Yuo are fussing about Bush running up the debt and lying to go to war with Iraq and Clinton lying.

The president who has lied the most and run up the debt more than than all of the rest of presidents combined.

Heaven help us!

tanbaby
tanbaby 10/28/13 - 04:07 am
ranter #4...you wasted

ranter #4...you wasted perfectly good breath that you will one day need...i feel the vast majority of people with EBT and other free things that we as taxpayers supply them, will never "get it"....they are living off of us and will continue to do so until the end of time....

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 10/28/13 - 04:47 am
To the person commenting on

To the person commenting on the poor being able to get free food from the church programs...there's even scammers involved with that! I know a lady who boasts about providing food for the poor through her church, but then she's also admitted to keeping some of that food for herself and her extended family! And no, she's NOT poor and can certainly afford whatever she wants to eat.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/13 - 06:05 am
Good Morning America

The R&R's today is just too complicated to comment on, so I will just make this link post for u'all southerner's.

Taking my Grand Girl to her school all the way to Aiken for Grandparent breakfast. An hour ride so you all have a teeth chomping day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/13 - 06:13 am
Oh, For My Veteran Friends.

I wonder why our King CIC Devil hasn't had it tore down yet.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/28/13 - 06:23 am
Move to Sweden and have it all. But everyone works and contribu

Move to Sweden and have it all. But everyone works and contributes.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/28/13 - 06:24 am
No country exists where half the population does not work.

Let alone a country where you get everything in life for free.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/28/13 - 07:07 am
To the ranter about

To the ranter about Republicians... I sincerely hope you are not one of the many that will loose their health care coverage because of Obamacare. Like hell I do, I hope yours goes up 10 times what you were paying.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/28/13 - 07:11 am
More on Obamacare. I am 54

More on Obamacare. I am 54 and have been neutered. My girlfriend is 48 and has been spayed. Now tell me why either of us should be forced to pay for maternity care.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/13 - 07:23 am
RK, too much information.

RK, too much information.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/13 - 07:26 am
Contribute to My Event

I see where these guys are going to play games in a marathon session and want people to contribute money to them. It's a good cause...for charity. But it seems it would be like people contributing to watch me drink beer with football on TV. I mean I could do that.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/28/13 - 07:38 am
Maybe river

As long as you are not watching the Falcons.....

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/13 - 07:46 am
JTF, I do have my limits.

JTF, I do have my limits.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/28/13 - 07:52 am
Offer

Would you like a deal on some tickets? Ugh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/13 - 07:58 am
Maybe they will get a decent

Maybe they will get a decent draft pick with their bad record. Heh.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/28/13 - 07:58 am
Spying

Even I know we have always spied - how could the pres not know

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/28/13 - 07:59 am
Doubt it

They will fool around and go 7-9 and finish middle of the pack.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/28/13 - 08:20 am
Day 13

Americans Held Hostage..... by Obama Care.

300 MILLION Americans now face fines, federally impose unaffordable and unwanted costs, or even imprisonment.

All with no working way to avoid it.

Liberals and Socialists, Cannot blame this one on:
* Bush,
* the RINO's
* or the Tea party.

The Whites House and the Socialist Liberals own the whole mess.

southern2
southern2 10/28/13 - 09:22 am
Y’all voted in Bush

Yep, at least GW and our brave military were able to keep our country safe from another terrorist attack after 911 during his term. Can't say that about Barack Hussein Obama (Boston, Ft. Hood, Benghazi, etc) and he has spent more than Presidents Washington through Bush.

Was Bush lying about Saddam? No, not based on the provided intel that even passed muster with the Democrats in Congress.

Was Barry lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Healthcare, Stimulus, Fast and Furious, job creation, unemployment, building stronger allies and better foreign relations, the Syria 'Red Line'? Was his lips moving?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/28/13 - 08:27 am
Question

What are the qualifications for the Obamacare Navigators? What kind of background checks are done on them? What is the Obama Admin plan when one uses someones information to commit fraud and forgery? Do you trust someone hired off the street, with no insurance license and only 20 hours of training to safeguard your information? Would you trust that person to select the proper insurance coverage for you and your family? Would you trust them more than you would a licensed and bonded insurance agent who has handled your business for most of your life?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/13 - 08:39 am
Trust with info?? heh

coldbeer...I wouldn't trust them to babysit my dog much less my health info....I predict we will see more theft in IDs than ever....lawsuits too.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/28/13 - 08:50 am
RK..."and have been

RK..."and have been neutered"

Yeh, you should not have to have a policy that covers maternity......or birth control.

And neutering should be a requirement for welfare and food stamps. That does not violate anyone's rights. They have a CHOICE....take the free stuff and be neutered or don't be neutered and WORK for a living.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/13 - 08:50 am
To this rant

"The whole program has gone crazy, people keep having babies they can’t afford. When is it ever going to stop?"

When we stop paying the bills...or we drop over dead from working to pay for everything....because we don't have enough voters to change the tide of freebies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/13 - 09:43 am
Benghazi

Last night I saw more info on the Benghazi killings...it seems they had begged for additional protection for MONTHS before the attack.....some knew something was in the making & told the Ambassador what they feared would happen.....why can't the WHouse tell the dang truth....we all know a coverup was done there..sad to hear they were sitting ducks at that place.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/28/13 - 10:29 am
Golden Harvest needs your vote!!

GH is a worthy charity that has excellent ratings for delivering benefits to recipients with minimum overhead costs. In other words, no high paid administrators skimming the take.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/28/13 - 10:02 am
Was Bush lying about Saddam? Chemical Weapons?

Based on the Latest UN Audit Reports.

Syria's Chemical Weapon Stock piles contains
a lot of NON-Syrian made weapons?

Made by a neighboring country.

I wonder who?

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/28/13 - 10:23 am
The VA in GA, SC and TN

Just saw this report. Shameful!

“In each case, erroneous actions by hospital staff contributed to patient deaths, according to the OIG report”

“The hospital’s work in the aftermath of the deaths was also problematic.”

“Like other hospital systems, VA isn’t immune from human error — even fatal human error. But what the department does seem to be immune from is meaningful accountability…”

That last quote is government in a nutshell! Not only are they not accountable, but the attitude of most is “who are you to question me!”.

You people that support the government taking over and controlling more and more will look back at this day. If you’ve a conscious and an intellect, a chill will run down your spine!

'Go Downtown' initiative gets mixed reviews

The "Go Downtown" initiative aims to foster a downtown environment that welcomes the college community and creates business for merchants. The event is held every third Thursday of the month ...