Rants & Raves

RANT TO ALL of the cable companies and the television networks for continuing to allow abusively loud commercials to be broadcast to our televisions. The FCC recently introduced regulations that made it a violation for these commercials to be played at an extremely loud volume. The worst offender is a local mega car dealer who always has loud commercials and you all know who he is.

TO THE RCBOE: Why are the taxpayers paying for the GPS tracking devices on all these school buses, yet they are allowed to go to gas stations and fast-food restaurants? Who is tracking this?

I HAVE OBSERVED, with more frequent occurrence, school-aged children out and about with their parents during school hours while all schools are in session. I am told they are homeschooled. If so, why aren’t they at home? Being schooled. Not much education being attained while shopping at the mall, eating lunch at restaurants, etc.

RAVES TO ALL of the kind and compassionate people that care for stray dogs and cats. It is amazing to see the love in the eyes of people that rescue companion animals and the grateful faces of the animals that are saved. We need more help. If you are willing to help with donations of time, love, money, supplies or your home as a foster home, please do. Your talents can help save more animals, and put you in the company of more good caring people. You really can be part of the solution.

RANT FOR THE empty suit in the White House. He was right! I was able to KEEP my insurance, but today I received notice that my monthly payment has been increased 800 percent. And I’m 70 on a fixed income.

SO, LET ME get this straight: Our federal government pays farmers to not grow crops, but when that payment doesn’t come because the government is shut down, the farmers sell their crops at lower prices. Less expensive products with market-regulated protection against inflation sounds like a pretty good idea, and we would have fewer farmers parked at the federal trough and fewer politicians giving them money to not be productive.

REMEMBER THAT THE members of the House and Senate still get their paychecks and their health insurance. Remember this when you vote in 2014.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 05:05 pm
Ok...Let me get serious

Do you think Simon Cowell will make a good daddy??

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 05:12 pm
The basket thingy

That came from Ya ya Sisterhood movie....

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/27/13 - 06:13 pm
"Our federal government pays

"Our federal government pays farmers to not grow crops"

We pay farmers not to grow crops and we pay people not to work. We need to cut off ALL subsidies, private and corporate. Stop subsidies to farmers, the dairy industry, oil companies, green energy, welfare, Section 8, SNAP, everything and everybody, and limit unemployment to 6 months max. What we do now is just stupid.

Stunned 2
Stunned 2 10/27/13 - 06:34 pm
I am fostering a 6 week old Kitten right now, thanks for the enc

I am fostering a 6 week old Kitten right now, thanks for the encouragement! I am not a 'Cat' person, but started feeding/vetting a stray cat about a year & a half ago. Now, I am caring for 2 cats. My dogs are from a rescue shelter. Would anyone out there like to adopt this precious kitten? He is a charmer. He's smart, healthy & playful. Sad story: He was picked up just inches from the pavement on a busy Evans road..curled into a ball, alone, cold night. His owners haven't come forward to claim him. Nice area of town, expensive homes, cars...but, no money to spay and/or neuter your cats????? Let me know if you need some love...free to a good, kind home!

KSL
KSL 10/27/13 - 07:22 pm
You were so good to rescue

You were so good to rescue him. I have 5 rescues.

row
row 10/27/13 - 08:31 pm
home school

You need proof home schooling is BS. I had a guy come to work for me(as a favor to his Dad) that was home schooled. He said he had always wanted to go in the Army after school but claimed there was some kind of problems with the tests they had. To make a long story short, come to find out he couldn't read a lick. That's home schooling for you.

Tots
Tots 10/27/13 - 10:34 pm
Bus drivers sitting around,

Well,you just may have seen this bus driver sitting around behind KFC Friday around 1:20pm....Yes,i went to work at 5:30am after doing my regular morning routes i took a group of first graders to the Augusta History Museum for a field trip....Those kids really enjoyed themselves ..
Forgive me for being hungry and stopping for a bite to eat on the way to my next school..Guess you would have felt better if i hadn't have used the bathroom too....Oh well!!!

Morning fire closes Broad Street

An early morning fire is closing parts of downtown Broad Street and motorists are advised to avoid the area around Ninth Street.