Rants & Raves

RANT TO ALL of the cable companies and the television networks for continuing to allow abusively loud commercials to be broadcast to our televisions. The FCC recently introduced regulations that made it a violation for these commercials to be played at an extremely loud volume. The worst offender is a local mega car dealer who always has loud commercials and you all know who he is.

TO THE RCBOE: Why are the taxpayers paying for the GPS tracking devices on all these school buses, yet they are allowed to go to gas stations and fast-food restaurants? Who is tracking this?

I HAVE OBSERVED, with more frequent occurrence, school-aged children out and about with their parents during school hours while all schools are in session. I am told they are homeschooled. If so, why aren’t they at home? Being schooled. Not much education being attained while shopping at the mall, eating lunch at restaurants, etc.

RAVES TO ALL of the kind and compassionate people that care for stray dogs and cats. It is amazing to see the love in the eyes of people that rescue companion animals and the grateful faces of the animals that are saved. We need more help. If you are willing to help with donations of time, love, money, supplies or your home as a foster home, please do. Your talents can help save more animals, and put you in the company of more good caring people. You really can be part of the solution.

RANT FOR THE empty suit in the White House. He was right! I was able to KEEP my insurance, but today I received notice that my monthly payment has been increased 800 percent. And I’m 70 on a fixed income.

SO, LET ME get this straight: Our federal government pays farmers to not grow crops, but when that payment doesn’t come because the government is shut down, the farmers sell their crops at lower prices. Less expensive products with market-regulated protection against inflation sounds like a pretty good idea, and we would have fewer farmers parked at the federal trough and fewer politicians giving them money to not be productive.

REMEMBER THAT THE members of the House and Senate still get their paychecks and their health insurance. Remember this when you vote in 2014.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/26/13 - 07:10 pm
While we are chewing on Cable companies

1st
Why do we have to drive almost to SC to turn in, get or replace equipment?

Other COMCAST locations GA, like Gwinnett co., have Multiple FULL SERVICE OFFICES. to provide real service.

2nd
Why does COMCAST BAN Ad's with the related word GUN in them like United Loan & Firearms. But then turns around and rents PAY FOR VIEW movies that are over the top, with GUN Violence, 100's of killings, rapes and sexual assaults?

Would someone from Comcast care to explain both of these abnormalities?

==========================================
Good night everybody
the family is are target shooting tomorrow
afternoon and I have some serious reloading
to do tonight.
==========================================

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/13 - 07:52 pm
Gee nocnoc

I wish I hadn't thrown away 1000's of Brass a year ago.

fishman960
fishman960 10/26/13 - 09:09 pm
#4

Yes, I am a cat rescuer myself. I have seen such heartlessness when it comes to felines... In fact my profile pic is a rescue.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/26/13 - 10:03 pm
Gamecocks win! Gamecocks win!

Gamecocks win! Gamecocks win! Gamecocks win!

Missouri goes down! Missouri goes down! Missouri goes down!

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/26/13 - 10:20 pm
Cocks

Connor Shaw is something. A real winner. Dawgs and Cocks got a chance. Mizz will never beat A&M. Ole Ms will be tough for them too, unless they get Franklin back.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/27/13 - 06:01 am
A RAVE Before we head out

Yesterday evening, I took the wife out to LOGAN's Roadhouse.

Despite the place being crowded, we were seated in under 2 minutes.

Had our Waitress Jasman, at our table in another minute.
Followed by Hot bread and drinks in another 2 minutes.
Now that is service. Just 5 minutes after walking in the door we have the best hot bread rolls in Augusta and our Ice teas.

We each had a 12 oz juicy Ribeye's, along with a pair Bake Potato's, cooked until they were chunky soft inside. Plus 2 1/2 racks of Ribs as a TAKE OUT order for a shooting lunch at the range.

The meal was great and the service was fantastic.

Special Note: Ask for Jasman M. for as a waitress.
She is extremely polite, well above normal communications skills, and a very sincere attitude and effort to make our dinner right as it hit the table the 1st time.

Everything arrived as promised, refills were constantly attended to the Tea pitchers never touched our drinking glasses.
(important in Flu & Cold season,)

BTW:
The Logan's table bread/buns easily beats T-BONZ bread for hot, taste, and freshness, no ifs, and's, or buts. Much better.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/27/13 - 07:07 am
70 Year Old is On Medicare

I detect deception in that comment for some reason. A 70 year would be on Medicare or if his/her income wasn't great enough on Medicaid. It appears to be a snap to get on Medicaid with this new online system. That's what most people are signing up for. There used to be a strict vetting process for that. Now it's like food stamps with the government encouraging people to apply. How in the world are the states going to be able to pay for it all? Obamacare is about to ignite fires that will destroy things we had no idea would be affected.

etlinks
etlinks 10/27/13 - 07:12 am
Gamecocks!!!

Mr. Shaw is hell on wheels. What an exciting comeback after the turnovers and a defense that bent but did not break. Proud, proud, proud!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/27/13 - 07:16 am
Ball Off Goal Post

That Missouri field goal attempt bouncing off the goal post would make a classic poster. I hope there's a good photo of it somewhere or one can be culled from the video. What an incredible game. UGA could now be in the hunt is the way I see it because they beat Carolina.

scoobynews
scoobynews 10/27/13 - 07:14 am
Homeschooling is abused.

We get far to many former homeschooled children who come back to the regular classroom missing vital skills to successfully move on to the next grade. We recently had one who came in about late September with no grades. Not one!! How was learning assessed? When asked what he was working on before he came in he shrugged. Another student was pulled out last February with mostly 50s for grades yet magically had all 90s by the time May rolled around. He passed on to the next grade with no proof of passing anything using his previous averages. Amazing isn't it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 07:27 am
To this

"I was able to KEEP my insurance, but today I received notice that my monthly payment has been increased 800 percent. And I’m 70 on a fixed income."

I think what the rant was about is the same thing MANY are facing now....Their backup insurance to Medicare is floating away as we speak...doesn't matter if you worked umpteen years for this insurance...you will be bounced off ....this stinks.

Sooo....if you like your insurance you can keep it IS A BIG FAT LIE!!!

But, so many lies are in the works now...who's counting.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 07:33 am
OH please

"Why are the taxpayers paying for the GPS tracking devices on all these school buses"

Give the school bus drivers a break...if they go on their way home & etc. why are you so upset...I'm surprised they don't pull into a bar & tank up...I probably would.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 08:04 am
Barneys

It seems Sharpton has another fish to fry now....it seems the high end store named Barneys has been mistreating the black customers..(according to Sharpton).

They have blasted JZ for doing business with them....BUT J Z has a comeback to them....He said he isn't making a decision til he hears the FULL story....duh...he actually is thinking properly & also wants to make money with this store.....some will go to help needy kids get a college education...

That is the reason he is a multi millionaire....he said emotions don't rule his decisions...thank goodness some blacks are not led around by the likes of Sharpton..

harley_52
harley_52 10/27/13 - 09:37 am
"Obamacare is about to ignite fires....

....that will destroy things we had no idea would be affected."

Who had "no idea?"

You're thinking all these bad things we're discovering about Obamacare are just accidental and coincidental?

The plan to let the states pick up 90% of Medicaid costs after the first year wasn't designed in a vacuum. They knew exactly what they were doing. Let the federal government pay 100% first year, load the Medicaid books with non-vetted recipients, then dump it on the states and watch it "fundamentally transform" things.

It's all part of the plan.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/27/13 - 08:15 am
For the bus drivers ranter

Do you get a bathroom break in your job? If a particular driver shows a pattern of extending their on the clock hours via idling at convenience stores, parking lots, etc.; deal with them. If not, quitcherbeefin.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/27/13 - 08:22 am
Home schooled?

I am interested in why that concerns you. If that home schooled child is getting educated, why is it anyone's business what time of day they do it?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/27/13 - 09:18 am
The face of a killer

Apparently my link won't work. His name is Deadre Wesby; doing 20 for aggravated assault and 5 for weapons charge.

This is the man who shot Martha Eubanks with a shotgun through the back door when she surprised he and an accomplice burgling her outbuilding.

She suffered massive infection due to it being a "gut shot", and had a heart attack while in the hospital. She survived, though somewhat debilitated, and for the past 5 years has been in a continuous downward spiral.

Martha died this past Wednesday and was buried yesterday. She was the mother of a friend of mine.

scooter2762
scooter2762 10/27/13 - 08:57 am
Home schooling

I think the concern is that they are NOT being educated.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/27/13 - 09:11 am
scooter, what evidence do you

scooter, what evidence do you have that home schooled children are not being educated?

harley_52
harley_52 10/27/13 - 09:36 am
"I think the concern is that they are NOT being educated."

My concern is that students attending many public schools are NOT being educated. Ample evidence exists to support that notion. I congratulate parents who have enough concern for their children to pull them out of the government schools and try another means of getting them an education.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/27/13 - 09:37 am
It seems that you have to

It seems that you have to register AND show identification to get a free turkey. Seems it is the same crowd that is against identification to vote. Just wondering... Is that how we wound up with a turkey in the White House?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 10:01 am
New idea

Let us give a turkey away at the voting booth....that way we can get ID & they won't mind .....amazing & would probably work.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 10:03 am
Thomas Jefferson

The more I read & hear about that man...the more I think we need another just like him.

He was sly & wise at the same time..& he could take a licking & kept on ticking!

harley_52
harley_52 10/27/13 - 10:37 am
"He was sly & wise at the same time....

....& he could take a licking & kept on ticking!"

Much like Senator Ted Cruz.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/27/13 - 11:02 am
For SeenIt

Here is an excerpt from a speech given by John F. Kennedy at the White House on April 29, 1962. The occasion was a banquet honoring the Nobel prizewinners from the Western Hemisphere that year:

“I want to tell you how welcome you are to the White House. I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 11:08 am
possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.”

Thanks LLamb

I think he was one of the smartest politicians we have ever had.

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/27/13 - 11:57 am
Rant # 1 & 2....

Rant 1: Who is going to do anything about it? Thats a rhetorical question, NO answer soliceted nor expected.

Rant #2:....Those bus drivers can NOT find their way!!!!!! (TRY asking the Aiken County, SC BoE that same question! Yet, NO seatbelts for the students, but they ARE required in a student's relatives vehicle! Go figure!

american rose
american rose 10/27/13 - 12:07 pm
Nocnoc

Brian is another one at Logan's you want to serve you. Same kind of service. Kept our tea glasses filled without asking. Makes you want to go back...

etlinks
etlinks 10/27/13 - 12:28 pm
people that understand

JTF what a good post , hope Gurley is ready to go at Florida. Good luck!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/27/13 - 04:04 pm
Lost my basket

Do yall remember the ole southern saying ..."I've lost my basket" or maybe it was "I dropped my basket"?

I think it meant I've lost my mind..

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen