Rants & Raves

I AM A NONSMOKER. Booze causes more deaths then smoking, so leave the smokers alone. I live in the USA, not Rus­sia. This is a promise: If you ban smoking in Augusta, there will be a lawsuit.

IT’S NO SURPRISE that the only folks getting hurt during the government shutdown were the taxpayers, military and veterans. The parasites are still getting their welfare, food stamps and Section 8 housing. Egypt and Syria are getting their American aid. President Obama and his Democrats are showing whose side they’re on – and it isn’t the working class.

WHY DOES THE Rich­mond County Board of Edu­­cation build a new Gar­rett Elementary School and still keep open National Hills Elemen­tary School, which has only 12 students in a classroom?

TO ALL THE WORKERS using Gate 5 of Fort Gordon: The posted speed limit on that road, once you get onto the base, is 35 mph, not 15, not 20. The only time it is slower is when the lights are flashing on the 25 mph school sign. Please do the rest of your fellow drivers a favor and drive the posted speed on the base, and quit being overly afraid that the MPs might be lurking. Your slow driving could be making someone late for work.

PEOPLE OF THE Augus­ta area: It is now time to register to vote and clean out the den of iniquity in Washington, D.C. Do it for the dead soldiers who have been spit on by our government.

WHY DOES Channel 12’s local evening news have to look all the way to Mexico to drag up some story about a guy putting a padlock on his girlfriend’s pants? Give us a break; this has nothing to do with Richmond Coun­ty or the area but a lot to do with sensationalism that the media love to create.

AIKEN COUNTY SHERIFF Michael Hunt has retired once and is receiving a check he earned and deserves; however, the extra check he receives biweekly he is not earning. We are not getting equal police protection in north Aiken, and his call screeners and handlers will not let callers speak with him, nor will he return calls.

CONGRESS WAS FORMED to keep any president from becoming a dictator; therefore, Congress is just doing its job by questioning the president’s policies and programs. The Republicans are fighting Obamacare because it is an extremely bad program that has about $500 million more taxes in it to be imposed on the American people.

geneb
geneb 10/24/13 - 07:40 pm
Smoking causes more deaths than booze. MUCH more.

>>"Booze causes more deaths then smoking. I live in the USA"

No, you live in the State of Ignorance.

As even arch-conservative George Will has pointed out,

"Every year tobacco kills more Americans than did World War II — more than AIDS, cocaine, heroin, alcohol, vehicular accidents, homicide and suicide combined."

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 10/24/13 - 08:14 pm
The Republican hostage crisis

The Republican hostage crisis had ended after Democrats in Congress and the President stood for the American people. While there were some calls for giving in and offering cuts to our earned benefits from Republicans,they were drowned out by our voices. It might seem like a time to celebrate,but unfortunately,the next fight is around the corner. We are tired of defending our social security systems against cuts year after year as Wall Street fat cats keep hovering up billions in ill- gotten gains. The same people who shutdown our government want to dismantle our core institutions and sell them off brick by brick,by any means necessary.

carcraft
carcraft 10/24/13 - 08:21 pm
Kissofdeath, NOW EVEN

Kissofdeath, NOW EVEN DEMOCRATS ARE ASKING FOR DELAY OF OBAMA CARE!

bumblebeerose
bumblebeerose 10/25/13 - 05:50 am
Gate 5 of Fort Gordon

To the person complaining about traffic at gate 5 maybe you need to leave a little sooner for work and you would not have to worry about how someone else drives.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/25/13 - 05:01 am
SeenIt In Town Today

SeenIt will be in town today I heard for the JB turkey give-away. I'll look for you in line. I'll be wearing an orange Clemson shirt. That will make me stand out in THAT line.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/25/13 - 05:12 am
Obamaturkeys

Those will be given later in November.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/25/13 - 06:23 am
Obamaturkeys

If anyone wants some I have a big drawer of paycheck stubs full of them!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 07:22 am
The more we allow the few to steer to masses

in creating their idea of Utopia, the more we end up being forced to live their ideas and not ours.

2 Questions:
Why is it Liberals always want us to conform to their ways for health reasons, when they should be looking in a mirror 1st?

Why do we listen to the few make demands of the many?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 07:43 am
No she won't be in line today.

Not to SEE a turkey or to get a turkey...Sean said he couldn't make it sooo why waste my time...:)

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 07:45 am
"folks getting hurt during the government shutdown"

HIGH PROFILE,
MEDIA PLANNED FOR MAXIMUM DRAMA
and over hyped for media coverage.

NOTE:
A National Park Service Director admitted last week, the NPS used more personnel to enforce the closure of high profile parks and monuments than it normally uses to run those PUBLIC attractions.

An while this was going on, the 2 Big party Boys and Gals just added
another $1 TRILLION DOLLARS to the DEBT Ceiling.

I really feel like I have been played so they could raise the Debt ceiling and Spend.

I am seriously starting to wonder:
Have we just witnessed a congressional 2 party version of
Wag the Dog played on the American taxpayers?

justthefacts
20423
justthefacts 10/25/13 - 07:46 am
@ River

Figured you burned all your Clemson shirts.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 07:49 am
sweetson ...about the police in Gwinnett

I'm not going to criticize them in anyway...I have seen them in action & they are OUTSTANDING....they flushed a jerk out of a house near me about 2 years ago & no one was hurt but the jerk...also a deranged guy held 4 firemen hostage & threaten to kill all of them BUT they rescued them & took out the guy.....so amazing that the neighbors stood & applauded them as they drove by...

We support them 100% in this area...as we all should.

justthefacts
20423
justthefacts 10/25/13 - 08:04 am
seen it

I like them too. One gave me a warning ticket a couple weeks ago. I was surprised and lucky.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 08:09 am
Why you say,,

Because it gets ATTENTION...it gets Ratings...the National news does it too....Miley Cyrus has been a genius getting attention....remember Madonna stunts....same thing.

We have some on here that know how to get attention too.....they NEVER let me down in THAT department!!! haaha-I hope they got that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 08:12 am
JTF

You must have been a gentleman when they stopped you.....I always whip out my Sheriff's card & show how much I give to that organization every year...worthwhile & I support what they do for needy kids.

justthefacts
20423
justthefacts 10/25/13 - 08:17 am
@seenit

Just showed him the respect he deserves. Guess he was in a good mood. I thought you women just started crying to get out of tickets??

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 08:19 am
Ironic to me

There is something ironic about showing ID & proof of address to get a free turkey BUT not to vote in elections....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 08:26 am
Crying

I haven't had to try that stunt in years..haha

I do remember years ago in Augusta something that happened & was kinda funny...I was speeding along on the Gordon Hy & actually passed a police car....(in hurry to get to work that day)...He stopped me & said...you know I had to stop you, don't you...I said yes...but you are going SOO slow today ...lol......anyway ...after some chitchat he realized he knew my husband & some friends & he set me free....but he looked like he was giving me a ticket..

So yeh...women can get away easier than a man..

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 08:27 am
TYPICAL SIGNS OF A TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT

I am not applying this list to any politician(s) or political parties.
This is a list I quickly put together based on the actions of what we as
Americans, view as to what a Dictator or Totalitarian government is:

1. An increasing Rule by force, not by law.Rule by Executive Orders.
2. The Control of the media and the control or staging of protests or events to push agendas.
3. Travel Checkpoints and ID required for travel.
4. A Citizen Snitch Network
5. National Internal Spy Network monitoring its population.
6. "Shall Not Travel Lists" developed without reason.
7. Control of regulatory agencies to bypass an elected representative political body.
8. A group of loyalists which is constantly rewarded with free or extra privileges.
9. Control over basic, day to day living, and medical care.
10. Control over media and communications (aka propaganda)
11. A single person/leader which has control over BOTH the military and the economy.
12. Seizure of personal property and/or Incomes of the middle and upper class directly or by taxation.
13. No legal recourse.
14. All purchases are tracked
15. Misleading and outright lying to promote Gun Control
16. A "STATE" developed and maintained list of undesirables hounded by Government Agencies or that are blackmailed, or removed as a threat or problem.

Any 1 of these is a Major Problem for ANY Free Society.
. But, a collection or combination of these items is an Emergency Situation that must be addressed, while it still can be.

thauch12
thauch12 10/25/13 - 08:43 am
Amen geneb

I am amazed the Chronicle will publish such lies as those propagated in the first rant. Cigarette smoking causes FAR more deaths (on the magnitude of 6-7 times as many) than alcohol use. Don't believe me, check out some facts:

While this may be America and you have the right to kill yourself in this manner if you choose, please don't bring me to the grave with you in the name of your perceived rights.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/25/13 - 08:49 am
Unemployment

Why are companies not hiring? They are trying to. The problem stems from the candidates. To get a pool of 30 people you first have to wade through mountains of resume's. The next step is to test them to see if they have the education or abilities that they claim on their resume's. At this point you've lost 60% of those. Next you do job specific and comprehension testing. About 50% of the remainder are weeded out. Now comes background investigations, (I didn't think you'd find out about the drug charges!) and you've lost 40 to 50% of those. Then the education that the applicant's claim is checked and 10% are gone because they claim what they don't have. Now we're down to drug testing and you'll lose another 10 to 15%. So out of a pool of roughly 1000 applicants you now have 30 that seem to qualify.
Next comes training in which you lose 20 to 30%. Now your down to 20 potential employees and of these about 50% can't seem to make it to work on time if they deem it necessary to come to work. Now we're down to 10 probationary employees who may or may not stay because they wanted to run the company, not sweep the floors and learn from the ground up! And so we tighten our belts, do more with fewer employees and go through the motions!!! Meanwhile the multitude that you wanted to hire from talk about how it's everyone's fault but their own that they can't get a job!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 09:01 am
On the news last night

This really irks me too..

It seems if we need any kind of pain medicine we will have a tougher time at the drug store now...we will have to see a Dr more often & they won't be able to call in the presp.....why you ask...because SO MANY YOUNG folks are abusing the meds...they are addicted & they really don't need the meds....BUT some of the older folks do need them....as usual the innocents are paying a price for idiots in our world....no dang wonder the business won't hire them....I don't feel sorry for them....I didn't stay drugged out in my younger years..I had to WORK everyday to pay the dang bills...THAT is what we are doing wrong today...we GIVE too much to lazy free loaders & they should have to work for food.imho imho imho imho

harley_52
harley_52 10/25/13 - 09:29 am
"....some story about a guy putting a padlock....

....on his girlfriend’s pants?"

Whoa...

How did I miss that one?

Were there pictures?

Do you have a link?

harley_52
harley_52 10/25/13 - 09:31 am
How All These "Young Folks"....

....going to foot the bill for Obamacare, as I keep hearing, when they can stay on their parents' medical care policies until they're 26 years old?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/25/13 - 09:34 am
Parents coming to job interviews!

Yes, folks, it's happening! It seems that as things have become easier more parents are giving too much and giving in too much to their children. The inmates are running the asylum! It's no wonder that companies are able to hire very few qualified applicants. Those that get hired think any work is beneath them and since their parents can't do it for them like they did their homework for them, they quit those jobs. People if your child is spoiled, doesn't have a good work ethic, or refuses to work, won't do chores or help around the house, look in the mirror. You may just get a wake up call from yourself!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 09:35 am
Bizkit
Bizkit 10/25/13 - 09:43 am
Several developed countries,

Several developed countries, including the United States of America, have experienced high rates of lung cancer mortality in males, with more than 100 deaths per 100 000 men aged 50–54 years of age. In Japan, however, this rate of lung cancer mortality is only seen in males in age groups 60–64 or older, even though the prevalence of smoking among Japanese men is high. Among Japanese women, age-standardized lung cancer mortality rates have increased in the absence of any increase in the prevalence of smoking.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 09:56 am
RAVE - Want to know who is looking over your Internet shoulder,

while you surf the Internet?

Grab either a FREE copy of:

Mozilla's Lightbeam tool, which will list who is looking over your shoulder on the web.

Or

Ghostery for Firefox, which will show and Block who is looking over your shoulder.

Note:
It is interesting to note even certain AC Articles may have more or less cookie trackers depending on the nature of the topic.

AddThis
Digilant
Google Adsense
Google Analytics
News Registry
Press+
Tealium

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/25/13 - 10:31 am
Have to exit now

I have things to do & places to go BUT first I have to put on my chastity belt...YEH, hold your breath for that to happen....:)

I have found out that the news has been depressing me...I will have to filter the sad news out from now on.....just like some erase words on markers.....I want to live in fantasy land too...I shall call it...seenitramaville...haha

john
john 10/25/13 - 10:33 am
At least he is honest

A liberal called kissofdeath. Sounds appropriate.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.