Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I CALLED AUGUSTA Cares at 9:30 a.m. on a Monday to report a dead animal on my property, and by 11 a.m. it was removed! A big thank you to Augusta Cares and Animal Services for prompt attention to the matter.

THE REAL REPUBLICANS are morons to put up with the tea party’s stupid, cynical threats against America.

WHY DO PEOPLE assume that Georgia Regents University is going to be able to take over, renovate and use the mills? I realize there are different funding but they can’t rehire back for positions, they can’t pass a raise, they already have grounds they can’t keep up with at Summerville. Where is the money coming from?

MR. PRESIDENT, YOU were very quick to pick up the phone to call the Iranian president to discuss ways to shut down their nuclear program. However, you were very slow to pick up the phone to call House Speaker John Boehner to discuss ways to avert a shutdown of our country. I guess it all depended on which had the better photo op.

I HAVE A RANT about Georgia Power. Once again they want us to pay for their mess-ups. They are asking for yet another raise.

HUGE RAVES TO the Augusta Players for their outstanding performance of Les Mis. I was enchanted and transported the entire show. The level of musical talent rivaled anything on Broadway. Well done!

HUGE RANT TO the Democrats. The Republicans tried and tried to compromise with their last offer being to strip Congress’ Cadillac health care package and have the same health care that the public now has. Where is the common sense in Washington? The Democrats shut the government down.

RANT TO THE Chronicle, not for highlighting breast cancer awareness but for failing to recognize September as Ovarian cancer awareness. Ovarian cancer is even more deadly than breast cancer, and it receives little attention.

THIS IS A RAVE for the sheriff’s office for having a larger presence in south Augusta, but the next time you want to do a traffic check, please do not sit at the bottom of the hill on Morgan Road. When I saw this, the word entrapment came to mind. A law of physics states that a vehicle’s speed will accelerate when going down a hill. We are black, but we are working taxpayers who deserve the same fair laws as people in west Augusta and Columbia County.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/14/13 - 05:26 pm
So I am a Moron for feeling I am;

T

axed

E

nough

A

lready

* Wanting my Government to learn to live within its means?

* Wanting my elected representatives for follow the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

* Wanting my elected representatives to answer to the voters instead SIG's and PAC's?

The Tea Party Patriots' mission is simply to restore America's founding principles of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

If you are against that, then I have have to ask are you foe to freedom and against the US Constitution?

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/14/13 - 06:47 pm
YES - RCSO loves to setup

At the bottom of long steep hills.

Did you know that GA has a regulation to covers how steep the hill and and process.

O.C.G.A. 40-14-9 (2010)
40-14-9. Evidence obtained in certain areas inadmissible; use of device on hill

AS defined in Code Section 40-6-182. No speed detection device shall be employed by county, municipal, or campus law enforcement officers on any portion of any highway which has a grade in excess of 7 percent.

HINT: A smart lawyer / or person would check the TOPO Maps for a few common Speed enforcement areas.

Don't get me wrong,
I am all for stopping speeders. But lets be fair in the process. When any vehicle can coast down a hill faster than the speed limit, requiring constant braking to stay below the speed limit, that is MORE TRAP than Enforcement.

NOTE: 7% grade means it goes down 7 units for every 100 units of horizontal distance. So, that would be arctangent (0.07) = 4.00417 degree from the horizontal.
4.00 Degrees is not really that much if you think about.

BTW: Because you are Black has nothing to do with it.
But, if you have forgotten our Sheriff, let me share with you another important FACT:

The radar gun is Color Blind.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 10/14/13 - 08:28 pm
I always brake going down

I always brake going down hill in order to stay at the speed limit. I don't see what the problem is.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 10/14/13 - 08:29 pm
For the record, I drive a

For the record, I drive a heavy duty van, nearly 3 tons. It always wants to accelerate 15-20 mph going downhill.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 10/15/13 - 03:51 am
To the last rant/raver...you

To the last rant/raver...you had me in agreement until you brought up the "black" thing. Why would you feel you had to add that part? What on earth does you being black have to do with anything here? And please don't give me the "Well, you don't know what us black people have to put up with!". Old and stale.
Just be like the rest of us and slow down.

angedelune
angedelune 10/15/13 - 04:41 am
mills

well i for one support renovating them. what better use for the area? do you have a better suggestion or do you just like to complain and whine about stuff without offering a solution.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/15/13 - 05:04 am
If the police officer sitting

If the police officer sitting at Allen Station Rd and Mike Padgett Hwy yesterday morning between 7:30am and 8:00 am would have been in the same location yesterday evening between 5:30pm and 6:00pm your day would have been more productive. Why people have to drive 75 mph on a busy road designated for 55 mph is ridiculous.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/15/13 - 05:37 am
CRIMINAL RANT TO THE EBT MOB IN SPRINGHILL LA.

I hope every one of you that stole all types stuff, is arrested for Felony theft. Just because there was an EBT screw up does not mean OBAMA turned off the limit so you can purchase $,$$$.00 worth stuff you have NO rights to.

Note: At least every purchase was electronically recorded. I hope each of you have to pay back every dime or lose your SNAP rights until the illegal purchases are covered.

In my opinion, stuff like this is what gives honest people who are on SNAP a bad name.

Notice all the loaded to the hilt abandoned carts after a Walmart employee got on the PA and announced the card limits had been restored to stop the Food riot.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/15/13 - 06:30 am
EBT thieves

How dare they - they have no principles - they are like wild animals

chapen71
chapen71 10/15/13 - 06:49 am
sitting at the bottom of the hill

Why are you writing to the rants and raves?

Sheriffs Office would be a better choice.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 06:57 am
What a difference

When I look at nocnoc's video & then I think about cgee's post yesterday...I wonder..what in sam hill happened in the USA....do you think we could leave veggies for sale on a table & come back at the end of the day & find the money in a jar for every veggie that was taken??

Why is it Japan is the opposite of what is in the video?? When M Obama talks about being ashamed of her country, I wonder, is she ashamed of this?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 07:12 am
Soc SEc raise

Hold ooon...it will be a whopping $17.00

Power bills have gone up.
Heating bills have gone up.
Gas too
Grocery bill too
Insurance fees we didn't pay before but thanks to daddie giverment we will now.

Give me a freaking break.....we need a revolution.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 07:23 am
Smartest people around

I said yesterday I would find them....well they are from all over the world...a stripper---bouncer---chess player--actor--BUt...none from the CSRA....imagine that!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/13 - 07:27 am
sitting at the bottom of the hill

Another place I have seen officers with radar guns is I-20 eastbound as you are approaching Bobby Jones. There is a little downhill grade there, and the officer is sitting in a concrete triangle made by the recent construction. He is in plain sight, but by the time you've spotted him he already has your speed logged.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/13 - 07:30 am
Core Inflation Rate

Hey, seenIt, did you know that heating, power, gas and groceries are excluded from the "core" inflation rate the government uses to calculate social security cost of living increases? Yep. That is why they are proposing no cost of living increase for 2014, because they are trying to make us believe that inflation is not a problem.

JRC2024
JRC2024 10/15/13 - 07:40 am
Seenit, my cousin used to

Seenit, my cousin used to have a big garden off of Berkmans Rd and put out fresh veggies with the price. Every day people would come by and buy what they wanted and leave the money. Now the EBT people would come by and take what they wanted and take the money ya think?

For the person talking about the speed trap at the bottom of the hill, they also sit at the bottom on Jackson Road on the left side going toward Wrightsboro with the laser gun. You being black is just a dumb comment especially since you are the majority in Richmond County.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 07:43 am
Yep Llamb & JRC

I see why olders are sooo dang grouchy..they have a right to be.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 08:03 am
Bottom of hill trap

That happens here too..they must have a system that puts more $$$ in the cookie jar.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 10/15/13 - 08:06 am
Don't fall for it.

LAST RANT:

How do you guys KNOW FOR A FACT that the writer is black....just because it is printed doesn't make it true.

Hook, line, and sinker.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 10/15/13 - 08:09 am
Social conditioning

Why would Wal-Mart allow people to use an EBT card without knowing the amount left on the card? Are they not smarter than that?!?

Why didn't they turn people away when the stores became noticeably overcrowded?

Have you heard Wal-Mart's response?

Sounds like a set-up to me. I am sure the Wal-Mart execs. are smarter than that...

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 08:12 am
A set up from walmart

GEEZ...give me a freaking break...the video tells the story.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 10/15/13 - 08:13 am
Cell phone footage(s)

As with this story, why haven't we seen multiple videos of the Boston Bombing? Sandy Hook shooting? The most recent DC event? Or even the killing of Kendrick Johnson in South Georgia?

It seems that the media allows certain controlled images to be implanted in the minds of the masses...

What's to come?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/15/13 - 08:30 am
^^^^^anyone?

If anyone can make sense of that post of unknowns please do..

gotta go now. smh smh smh smh smh

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/15/13 - 08:31 am
"they are like wild

"they are like wild animals"

EBT, welfare, Section 8......of course they are like wild animals. Those programs are how we keep them in their dependency cage and out of the workplace where they can't bother the working people who make the wheels go 'round.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/13 - 08:35 am
Be my guest

Good morning, internationallyunknown. The links to the Wall-Mart videos were posted by internationally known commenter nocnoc.

Please feel free to post links to the videos of the Sandy Hook Shooting, Kendrick Johnson Killing, etc. Don't rely on others when you have the wherewithal.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/15/13 - 08:37 am
"Give me a freaking

"Give me a freaking break.....we need a revolution"

Seenit......been telling y'all that for years. It's time. There is zero hope of fixing it so it's time to tear it down and start all over again.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 10/15/13 - 08:49 am
"President Obama has lost the

"President Obama has lost the legitimacy necessary to be able to be a cohesive force, that could bring people together" and therefore "there has to be a transition government, there has to be a new governing entity in United States." I took what John Kerry said about President Bashar al-Assad of Syria and transposed it to President Barack Obama of United States.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/15/13 - 09:13 am
JRHC, you make good point;

JRHC, you make good point; but it needs to go further than just the POTUS. He is the head of the snake; but there are many more in Washington that need to go home.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/15/13 - 09:19 am
Never agreed with Mr Cain

Never agreed with Mr Cain until today.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/13 - 09:19 am
al-Assad

Yeah, somebody needs to nominate Bashar al-Assad for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.