Rants & Raves

I’M VERY disappointed in the Republicans voting for Obamacare. The will of the people don’t want it. There is something very wrong here. They probably just care about their paychecks and their health insurance. I am very disappointed.

OBAMA AND HIS Democrats make the shutdown as difficult as possible for the military and veterans. More proof that these folks are ANTI-AMERICAN. Anyone who continues to support these guys are either parasites or low information zombies.

BIG RANT FOR Columbia County roads and bridges. Surveying on Columbia Road for widening? Five lanes down to two? Then a new three-lane bridge that was obsolete when built. Then three lanes, then four, then five at intersection. This major cross county road should have four-laned 10 years ago. CC leaders knew they would build 100s of housing units with two-plus automobiles emptying onto a two-lane county road. Urban sprawl with country roads. Who is stealing the highway money in CC? And don’t say CC has no control over these roads. CC can build any type of road amendment if the money comes from a business or a housing developer.

THE AUGUSTA Greenjackets will not be called the North Augusta Greenjackets. The powers that be in North Augusta will call them what they want to call them and we won’t have anything to say about it.

HOW ABOUT just call them a person and not worry about what color they are or where they came from or anything else? I think that would be a good idea.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN any group of people in a so-called free country have such hateful attitudes toward the president in this country. They are will to disrupt the lives of so many people to continue the theme of racism. The insurance no different than car insurance. There will be ways to work out the kinks. The Bible is being fulfilled for the last days.

BLACK AMERICAN is the correct term. I am a black American.

RANT FOR CC latest entertainment. The annual mowing of the trash with the grass. Beautiful. Isn’t there a law against littering the roadways? From Wally World to Pollard’s Corner. William Few looked like a war zone this morning. Piles of grass in the middle of the road. Next we will be treated to the bi-annual surveying of Washington Road from Wally World to General Riverwood’s Plantation. Three years straight.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/12/13 - 11:12 pm
Ranter #8

Try to chill out. The next rain will wash all that trash and grass into the ditches. Then it will look fine until the next mowing.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/13/13 - 07:38 am
Green Jackets purposed new names

my suggestion is

Riverside Turncoats.

Whats yours ?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/13/13 - 07:41 am
The race card again?!?!?!

People please, don't let the Emperor backed by Reid set race relations back 50 years. Just because I don't agree with you it DOES NOT mean I am racist. I do like Herman Cain and Condelezza Rice, so how in the heck can I be racist????

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 08:04 am
The biggest lie of all

"If you like your insurance you can keep it"

Attention to all retirees with any kind of benefit for working for YEARS!

The bell system employees/retirees are finding out we will have big changes in our bennies...remember now, some worked for over 30 years for this so called "earned" insurance..last night one of my friends called & was almost crying because she is learning her bill would be over $180.00 a month...she can't afford that she said...they live on social security & her small pension...

There is a reason people are upset...a damn good reason...they can't work any longer because of their health issues....I see a revolution in our future...a BIG ONE......say what you want but some have had enough crap!

BTW....COLOR has NOTHING to do with it!! LIES about what you worked your tail off does though..

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 08:11 am
A Crippled Nation

We are becoming a nation of needy people...no will to make a living by honest work....all that we have learned from the past has been turned upside down.....now you are a fool for not "milking" the system....some laugh about how they can do just that..

I see a disaster in the making...& I don't blame just one side of politics for letting this happen..sorry if I'm gloomy today, but the reasons are hittng me in the face & I can't ignore them.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/13/13 - 08:20 am
A face of the person that pointed a gun at the

Anti-Obama protestors is Gwinnett Co.

Gwinnett Co. Police have arrested Roy Smith, the man accused of pointing a gun at anti-President Barack Obama protestors.

Roy Smith now faces 3 counts of misdemeanor simple assault and pointing a firearm at another.

BTW: He was freed on just a $1,000 bond?
For a firearms related charge.

EnoughAlready2
EnoughAlready2 10/13/13 - 08:23 am
Black:White

Condelezza Rice is quoted as saying she dislikes the term "African American" as it gives her credit for being an "immigrant". I agree. I have never understood the importance of the label. I consider myself to be a Mutt Amercian as I am descended from England, Italy, Germany, and Ireland relatives, some as recent as two generations ago. I consider myself an American. I happen to be Caucasian; an American caucasian, if you prefer. African American is a useless label. I would like to hear from someone the significance of the title. As far as I know, none of my black friends, of which there are many, can trace their roots back to Africa. Embrace your rich black heritage within the borders of this country. African, Irish, Italian, Hispanic......we are all mutts......and if anyone should be complaining, it should be the Native Americans. Not meaning to offend anyone. Can't wait to hear the comments. Let the crucifixion begin.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 08:49 am
Pride of the older generation

Believe it or not but some of us still have "pride".

Some of the older folks don't want to get a "subsidy" of sorts to pay any bill ...they want to stand on their own 2 feet like they have for YEARS & YEARS....I know some won't grasp that thought, but it is true.

Any time you are granted a "subsidy" someone (tax) will have to cough up the money...TRY TO GET THAT!

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/13/13 - 08:51 am
Watching Frank Luntz talk

Watching Frank Luntz talk about the why the GOP is losing the popularity vote over this stalemate. He says Rep talk about process that doesn't resonate, yet Dems are using the most inflammatory language in decades with jihadist, extortion, etc and that is resonating with Americans. So basically the Dems win the kindergarten battle of ad hominem-which isn't even an argument. How gullible are Americans?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 08:59 am
How gullible are Americans?

They are gullible enough to put a community organizer in as the President of the USA....

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:12 am
Rant about what to call people

"HOW ABOUT just call them a person and not worry about what color they are or where they came from or anything else? I think that would be a good idea"

I assume this is talking about the different races. I think EVERYONE should think like this!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:15 am
Rant about Obamacare

"They probably just care about their paychecks and their health insurance. I am very disappointed"

I think it is going to make the insurance companies super rich with gov. money!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:19 am
Rant about shut-down

"OBAMA AND HIS Democrats make the shutdown as difficult as possible for the military and veterans"

I would like to see veterans FILL THE HALLS OF CONGRESS with letters, e-mails, and phone calls for the gov. TO FULLY fund The Verterans' Affares Dept.!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:21 am
nocnoc @ 7:38

"my suggestion is

Riverside Turncoats.

Whats yours"

I wish "Project Jackson" would not even happen.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 10/13/13 - 09:28 am
There are no white Americans,

There are only Americans.

The racial prefix is a ploy to divide us and set us against each other. You're either an American or you are not.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:29 am
SeenitB4

I have never "seen it be fore" how you are on a NEGATIVE role today!! Where is the kidding around!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 09:32 am
Casting_Fool @ 9:28

"There are no white Americans, or black Americans, or Hispanic Americans, or any other racially oriented type of Americans.

There are only Americans.

The racial prefix is a ploy to divide us and set us against each other. You're either an American or you are not"

WELL STATED!! We are all Americans, PERIOD!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 09:48 am
Negative you say..heh

Let me ask you something bledsoe..

Have you ever worked for a company for 40 years....worked holidays---nights & all nighters....gave up family time because you believed in giving service & wanted a decent retirement & insurance rights???

My husband did just that...now we learn what we were promised won't happen .....some nights he worked in cold outside that made his hands bleed...HAVE YOU??

I'm ashamed of what is happening in this country today......when 52% of babies born will be on wic help the moment they arrive...

If YOU can't see the nonesense in this....just ignore my posts from now on ....we won't have anything in common to talk about on here.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/13/13 - 10:05 am
Stick a fork in the Multicolored-American "frog". He is done.

America will be of no value in the world economy in 15 years.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/13/13 - 10:22 am
SeenitB4 @ 9:48

"If YOU can't see the nonesense in this....just ignore my posts from now on ....we won't have anything in common to talk about on here"

OK, I seriously deserved that!! It's just that you are usually one that can bring a "light hearted" air to this place. I would like to continue following you, AND I WILL think before I talk!

dichotomy
32038
dichotomy 10/13/13 - 10:23 am
"The Bible is being fulfilled

"The Bible is being fulfilled for the last days."

Yeh.......at least the part about the Antichrist.

JggrNAUT
JggrNAUT 10/13/13 - 11:06 am
Americans

Yes, we are all Americans. Now if we could only treat each other if the statement is fact........

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/13/13 - 11:10 am
T3

You are on the wrong side of the isle.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/13/13 - 11:33 am
I'm waiting for countyman to

I'm waiting for countyman to let us know what is going to go where Bass Pro WAS going to go.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/13/13 - 11:39 am
Rant - How Green is A Green Car?

With a relatively short life span of about 4 years, the rechargeable electric car batteries in cars will contribute substantially to be the increasing problem of electronic waste (e-waste), the fastest growing segment of the U.S. solid waste disposal.

These batteries contain potentially toxic materials including metals, such as copper, nickel,and lead, and organic chemicals, such as toxic and flammable electrolytes containing LiClO4, LiBF4, and LiPF6.4

Human and environmental exposures to these chemicals are typically regulated during the manufacture of the batteries through occupational health and safety laws, and potential fire hazards associated with their transportation are regulated through the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Claim: It produces no carbon pollution like fossil fuels?
Response:
42% of the electricity generated in the USA is by a fossil fuel called Coal.
20% by Nuclear power
23% Natural Gas.
6.9% by water
3.6% solar and other renewable sources (waste burning is an example.)
1% by burning oil waste
and etc...

So is using a electric vehicle really increases energy consumption, which requires additional power generation, which usually involves Fossil Fuel.

That is how green a green car is?
-------------------------

BTW:
Yes I have a distaste for Eco-terrorists.
The attached prius owner video serves as a general example of the misguided Eco-Terrorist movement taking root in the USA. A movement that in many cases is blindly growing and in your face if they just see you doing something they disagree with.

I acknowledge the women in the attached video is likely short a few fries of a happy meal.

Note: The woman ranting is driving a so called Prius Car.
Which brought up my question:

How Green is Green in this case?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/13 - 11:46 am
European Grapes Don't Work in Georgia

Grapes from France didn’t work in Georgia. The Chateau Elan in Braselton advertises they are surrounded by vineyards supporting their winery. But come to find out the wine grapes didn’t work out in the Georgia heat and the vineyard grape supports (I suppose there’s a name for those things.) sit around this luxury resort basically bare. Well, not exactly, they are growing some eating grapes around the edge for show. A friend and I talked with this lady who worked there and she said they were going to try muscadine grapes next since the others couldn’t take the heat.

Well, duh, Southerners have known forever the only kind of wine grapes that worked down here are muscadine ones. How can a luxury resort spin muscadine wine as something European? They had just as well hang Budweiser cans out there.

But thinking about this more, I think the drunkest I've ever been was off muscadine wine. Drink enough of that stuff and you don't need any kind of dope. You'll howl at the moon.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/13/13 - 11:47 am
nocnoc

That lady would have a heartastoke if she saw my Freightliner idling in 90 degree weather. Yes we run the truck when sitting so the non duty driver can sleep. But I would probably have to remind her of the amount of plastic, which is a petroleum product, used in the manufacture of her Prius.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/13 - 12:01 pm
Columbia County News Times?

Does anyone know what's really going on with the Columbia County News Times? I enjoyed Steve Crawford's reporting in the past and was looking forward to him being the new editor. But about all I see are guest columns and outdated ones from the CCNT staff that don't list the author. When I look up the CCNT staff Crawford isn't listed. This is not a slam in any way because, as I said, I admire Crawford's past reporting, but something ain't right over there. It would be nice to get an explanation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 12:04 pm
So you want a joke this am

'A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named 'Amal.' The other goes to a family in Spain, they name him Juan'. Years later; Juan sends a picture of himself to his mum. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wished she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "But they are twins. If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal." '

Now I'm going to spend some $$$ B4 the giverment takes any more...& that is not a joke!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/13 - 12:07 pm
I see this now

I really see why some hide money in other places.....I have always thought that was cheating the system BUT now it is beginning to make sense.