Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CONCERNING “sheriff’s nephews arrested.” They’ll get off. They have connections. If it was me, they would lock me up and throw away the key. Read about their slap on the hand later.

I HAVE NOT SEEN anything about the breach in security at the Navy Yard. Surely someone has to be held accountable for letting a deranged person with a rifle into the facility? With proper security the shootings would not have occurred. The president jumps on the bandwagon of gun control instead of telling us what he is going to do about mental illness in this country.

GEORGIA TECH GETS a big ACC win over North Carolina and gets one small article in this paper. UGA gets a cupcake win over mighty North Texas and gets three articles, and two of those take up almost two complete pages. Does the inequality have to be so blatant with this paper? It really is getting old.

RAVES TO THE Rich­mond County Sheriff’s Office for the crackdown in Fairington/Town and Country neighborhoods on the speeders going through here. The speed limit is 25/20, and most people on Teakwood Drive run 45-plus mph. Keep up the good work.

THERE IS A leash law in Harlem; however, it does not appear to apply to the first lady of Harlem.

YOUR FRONT-PAGE story about a sickle cell GRU grant gave a lot of info, but did it ever tell us who provided the $8.8 million.

A QUOTE FROM MSNBC.com, “President Barack Obama urged supporters on Saturday to ‘go back at it’ and pursue gun control measures after mass shootings in Washington and Chicago in the past week put the spotlight back onto the problem of gun violence in the U.S.” Does anyone else see the irony in this? Both D.C. and Chicago have draconian gun control laws.

TO THE PERSON ranting about freeloaders and their “benefits” on Sept. 30: Realize that envy is one of the seven deadly sins. Perhaps those who feel these thoughts should be forced to walk in the other person’s shoes. I have. It’s not the ride you envision. I thank God for helping me through it, and I thank those kind enough to lend their hand.

PLACES SUCH AS Goodwill wonder why donations are down? You have so many people who keep saying they need handouts when there are already so many places giving those. Then you also see folks panhandling and getting gobs of money from maybe several people.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 05:07 pm
SHERIFF’S nephews arrested - NOT Getting any Break

Don't you read or listen to the news?

It Ain't Happening.
Columbia Co. Sheriff made that clear weeks ago when it happen.
Distant Family yes!, above the law NO.

The dealer weight, dope run was tracked across state lines and the brat along with it.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 05:11 pm
Nothing on the Navy Yard killing?

I saw a week of coverage on Fox News.

You must only watch Liberal NEWS.

Once it was learned there was NO AR-15, the guy used a Bidden Safe Shotgun to take a guards pistol and ammo, CNN and others dropped the story except for trying to blame it on the Sequester for a day or 2.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 05:20 pm
The democrats promise Gun Control will stop Violent Crime

It has NOT DONE SO IN even 1 Democrat Control Gun Banning City.
Criminals will always get their hands on a gun. eg Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC. All Gun Control does is keep guns out of Citizens hands when they are needed most.

What has been proven is increased Gun Ownerships reduces crime.
an Non-Discretionary Concealed Carry Permit states have lower Violent crime.

Read John Lotts book
More Guns, Less Crime, John R. Lott, Jr.,

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 05:28 pm
Don't know about your Goodwill

But the South Side store is busy, busy, Coming and going.

Even the pigeons are getting well fed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/13 - 07:48 pm
Columbia County Exhibition Center Off to Great Start

The Columbia County Exhibition Center opened this month and has signed 22 events through July of next year so far. Interesting that a Cabela's event will be there.

Columbia County Exhibition Center Confirmed Dates and Events
June 14, 2014 – Soul City Sirens home game – 400 people
July 2014
Columbia County Amateur Series

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/07/13 - 07:51 pm
RM

We donated a Steerwater Gun Safe for the raffle for the Oct 10, 2013 - Ducks Unlimited Annual Fund Raising Banquet – 600 people

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/13 - 08:26 pm
CG, fantastic. That place is

CG, fantastic. That place is going to be a super venue.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 09:12 pm
My wife & I had a few

My wife & I had a few helping hands early in our marriage.
It was called FAMILY, a Mother, a Father, sisters and brothers.

It is really a very important thing have because unlike the government a family expects results. Not several generations of Freeloaders.

BTW:
We were raised with the principle, that if you can't afford it, save for it and you'll appreciate it more when you get it. I likely still own things I saved for that are older than many bloggers here.
My oldest saved for item is a 1903 06.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 09:17 pm
Riverman - I wonder why Columbia County Exhibition Center

has manged to sign so many events after just opening the doors?

Could it be cost, travel access, venue area, demographics?

I wonder (humor) ......

BTW: the October 11, 12 and 13, 2013 – Eastman Gun Show – Est. of only 2000 people is very, very low.

That is a number I'd expect from a good Roadrunner Gun and Gem show.

Eastman at the North Atlanta Trade Center pulls in 5000 to 6000.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/07/13 - 10:25 pm
July 2014

Columbia County Amateur Series at the exhibition center - - - - - -

If I blow the dust off the case, and change out the rusty strings for new, shiny ones; do you reckon I could sing a song while strumming on my old banjo?

KSL
KSL 10/07/13 - 11:28 pm
We had helping hands too.

We got married with permission from my parents a year beffore my graduation. His graduation year was the same and he also had a partial scholarship.

KSL
KSL 10/08/13 - 01:54 am
He,was ready to promise my

He,was ready to promise my parents he would drop out of college to insure that I finished. Then he would go back. Are there still people like that?
We paid our own way.

And no. We both graduated at the same time.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 07:34 am
Rant about gun control

"“President Barack Obama urged supporters on Saturday to ‘go back at it’ and pursue gun control measures after mass shootings in Washington and Chicago in the past week put the spotlight back onto the problem of gun violence in the U.S.”"

The federal government has been saying since the Newtown Elem. School shooting that they would act to try to eliminate this in the future. NOW, the big thing is to concentrate on people with mental illness!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 07:38 am
Rant about "free-loader benefits"

"ranting about freeloaders and their “benefits” on Sept. 30: Realize that envy is one of the seven deadly sins. Perhaps those who feel these thoughts should be forced to walk in the other person’s shoes"

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that there are hundreds of thousands of people that legitimately NEED government help, BUT the BIG thing is that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are getting it and could do a lot better for themselves!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/08/13 - 07:39 am
Good Morning "Once God" America.

*I will cover the Rant & Raves today and the conditions we all endure here in this once great Nation with words from Paul Harvey*

I think I have a new name for the King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle man!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 07:41 am
nocnoc @ 5:20 PM

"It has NOT DONE SO IN even 1 Democrat Control Gun Banning City"

Most conservatives say that it is not more gun control laws, BUT enforcing the ones we have!! I tend to agree!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 07:47 am
CG @ 7:39

"I think I have a new name for the King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle man"

There is an old saying, "be carefull what you wish for because you just might get it!!" I assume ALL of you conservatives want a new president? It will be a new president, BUT it could be another Democrat!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/08/13 - 07:49 am
t3bledsoe - you are scaring me

I have agreed with more than a few of you posts as of late.

Am I becoming a LIB or have we drawn you to the middle?

;-)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/08/13 - 07:54 am
An Example Of The Devil!

Obama Administration Threatens To Arrest Military Chaplains For PRAYING During Govt. Shutdown

October 7, 2013 8:43am PST

The First Amendment is very clear. Its first words state that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” The Obama administration, however, seems to need a refresher course on this core freedom. It has announced that, during the shutdown, contract military chaplains are prohibited from exercising their faith by performing the mass or otherwise ministering to their military flock. This is a big deal because the military does not have enough chaplains to serve the troops’ needs, so they have to reach out to the civilian sector to hire chaplains.

(Read More: 80 Christian Airmen Being Punished, Harassed, Threatened for Refusing to Support Gay Marriage.)

John Schlageter, general counsel for the Archdiocese for the Military Services USA, an organization that supports Catholic chaplains in the military, wrote an op-ed explaining what’s happening:

(Read More: Obama Allies With Christian-Killing Islamic Groups.)

ith the government shutdown, many [government service] and contract priests who minister to Catholics on military bases worldwide are not permitted to work – not even to volunteer. During the shutdown, it is illegal for them to minister on base and they risk being arrested if they attempt to do so.

As an example, if a Catholic family has a Baptism scheduled this weekend at an Air Force with no active duty chaplain and that base is staffed by a GS or contract priest who is furloughed, unless they can locate a priest who is not a GS or contract priest, the Baptism is most likely cancelled. If you are a Catholic stationed in Japan or Korea and are served by a Contract or GS priest who is furloughed, unless you speak Korean or Japanese and can find a church nearby, then you have no choice but to go without Mass this weekend. Until the Federal Government resumes normal operations, or an exemption is granted to contract and GS priests, Catholic services are indefinitely suspended at many of those worldwide installations served by contract and GS priests.

(Read More: Obama’s Defense Department Says Catholics, Evangelicals, Jews, And Mormons Are “Extremists” Like Al-Qaeda.)

Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo, a West Point graduate and Army veteran, spoke with The Daily Caller, saying that the administration’s attack on the faithful in the military “crosses a constitutional line.” As far as Pompeo is concerned, “The constitutional rights of those who put their lives on the line for this nation do not end with a government slowdown. It is completely irresponsible for the president to turn his back on every American’s First Amendment rights by furloughing military contract clergy.” He added that “This action crosses a constitutional line of obstructing every U.S. service member’s ability to practice his or her religion.”

(Read More: Pentagon Lies About Persecuting Christians.)

House members are promising to do what they can to reaffirm the troops’ right to practice their faith, but there is no word yet as to whether they’ve been successful in doing so.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/08/13 - 08:03 am
nocnoc,

Very, Very strange, for a long period of time I was t3's TSD. Now for some unknown reason, my thumb has been pointing UP! There has to be an answer to WHY?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/08/13 - 08:08 am
t3,

"It will be a new president, BUT it could be another Democrat!!"

SO What!

It doesn't matter who is the next president. The only president that could take place of this Devil and be any more destructive, is DEAD...Hitler!

JRC2024
JRC2024 10/08/13 - 08:24 am
I too find myself agreeing

I too find myself agreeing with some of what t3 is posting. I just gave him a thumbs up.
Since the soldiers are not furloughed, why don't they try to conduct the services they want themselves. It may not be exactly like the preacher or priest would do but it would be a service.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/08/13 - 08:38 am
I'd pay to see LL play the

I'd pay to see LL play the banjo at the CC event.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/08/13 - 08:43 am
Bravos

Rave to the Braves. With all the injuries they gave it a good go. Wait till next year.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:44 am
nocnoc @ 7:49

"I have agreed with more than a few of you posts as of late.

Am I becoming a LIB or have we drawn you to the middle?

;-)"

I am coming closer to the middle, perhaps thanks to HA!! THE MIDDLE is the place which we all should be, RIGHT??!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/13 - 08:47 am
The Event Men

Ok now...we have countyman with the happenings in Augusta

Riverman with the Columbia county goings on.

Nocnoc & Cgee will have to step it up some...gotta cover Appling & Hephzibah area too yaknow.

For the Atlanta area we have a HUGE GAPING hole in the Interstate that could swallow your behind if you aren't careful!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/08/13 - 08:48 am
t3

Can you tell me a game you can win by being in the middle?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/08/13 - 08:48 am
Roller Derby

Hey, look at next spring — the Soul City Sirens are moving to Grovetown Arena!

Yes, I know the official name is The Columbia County Exhibition Center. But that's too many syllables for marketing purposes, and too many syllables for general everyday usage. You need a short name (such as the TEE Center has) for the general public to use.

Grovetown Arena sounds pretty good to me. What do some of you other commenters think the exhibition center should be called?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:48 am
CG @ 8:03

"Very, Very strange, for a long period of time I was t3's TSD. Now for some unknown reason, my thumb has been pointing UP! There has to be an answer to WHY"

I told nocnoc my theory about this in my 8:44 post.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/13 - 08:50 am
That list is impressive

The Columbia County Exhibition Center opened this month

Ruben given last shot on downtown buildings

Richmond County Magistrate Judge H. Scott Allen approved an agreement the two sides reached this week to obtain a boarding permit in the next 30 days to "mothball" two buildings Bonnie Ruben owns ...