Rants & raves

WHY IS IT THAT all these people who come to our country want to be anything but American?

WHY DO WE care if our enemies are killing each other?

RICHMOND COUNTY sheriff, please take off rose-colored glasses. How are things better in Richmond County when there are still shootings, break-ins and gang members?

THE ONLY THING Sheriff Roundtree wants from downtown is protection money.

THE IRONMAN competition is great for Augusta, but please stay out of South Carolina.

POT SMOKERS, for goodness sake just move to Colorado. It is legal there.

RAVE FOR JUDGE Jennings. Well someone finally did something about these places that breed mosquitoes. I hope it doesn’t stop there. I hope it goes to houses and lots that are all overgrown. At least this is a start.

I AM FED UP with trash pickup service. I am a senior citizen and I have to move my trash to my neighbor’s yard to get it picked up. I have called numerous times. I live at the end of the cul de sac. The guy will not get out of the truck to move my can so he can get to it. This morning after he left, there was trash all over the street and he just drove off and left it.

RAVE TO DAVID Murphy, who got to represent First Tee of Augusta in the Championship Tour in California at Pebble Beach. We are so proud of you. Keep it up.

RANT TO THE people who work at the Social Security place. Not all of them are bad, but so many of them are rude in Augusta. Maybe if they see this in the paper, they will try to do better.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/06/13 - 07:13 pm
ARC Trash TAX is a perfect example of what happens when

people DON"T VOTE or voice their objections.

We are stuck with it until the Gold Dome rules taxes can't snuck in as services to avoid voter approval.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/06/13 - 08:05 pm
Ironman stay out of SC?

Why? What is good for Augusta is good for the CSRA, including Aiken Co. I suppose your nose is out of joint because of the few hours of 1 day out of 365 there is some inconvenience when the bicycles come through? Do you feel the same about Christmas parades or other civic events that disrupt traffic?
It is all about you, huh?

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/07/13 - 05:21 am
ARC is so great, let them cycle and run in the slums. Keep the

good stuff on the south side of the river. LOL LOL

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 05:34 am
I'd like to see the IRON MAN Include

Hwy 56 Hill and Gracewood Hill in their Bike or Running parts next year.
Now there is a real challenge.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 10/07/13 - 05:37 am
Response to Rant#2: Not many

Response to Rant#2: Not many "nice" girls have earned a $150 million net worth by the age of 20. Like it or not, it's a free enterprise society.

clayhill
clayhill 10/07/13 - 06:43 am
GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN

Rant to Obama for putting politics before the good of our country.

etlinks
etlinks 10/07/13 - 06:57 am
Great event.

The ironman is one of my favorite events in the CSRA. This I hate everything type person does not speak for all citizens of Aiken county.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/07/13 - 07:29 am
Rant # 1

"WHY IS IT THAT all these people who come to our country want to be anything but American"

Many want to hold on to their ethinicity, BUT you would think they could AT LEAST work on their English!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/07/13 - 07:32 am
Rant # 3

"WHY DO WE care if our enemies are killing each other?"

America strives for World peace!! If there are people killing people, THERE CAN BE NO WORLD PEACE!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/07/13 - 07:33 am
Rant # 2

"DOES MILEY CYRUS realize there is no going back? Does she always want to have a reputation? When I was her age, it was very important to be seen as a “nice” girl."

She turned out to be a self centered %#**&##!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/13 - 07:47 am
Social Security Administration

You can't blame the Social Security Administration employees for being rude with so many people trying to rip-off the system. I'd get tired of the large percentage of people trying to scam, too.

john
john 10/07/13 - 07:52 am
Ironman

Im a local triathlete and have participated in the race the past 3 years. I want to thank all the locals on the bike course that tolerate us training all summer and doing the race through their neighborhoods. It so great to see so many folks waving and cheering for us. Also thanks to Beech Island and Aiken county for the recent road work. Lots of potholes patched made for a much safer ride. Y'all are great. We are trying to do our job and police eath other as far as road etiquette and not holding up folks by bad bike riding habbits.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/07/13 - 08:01 am
@ River

River, what do you think of the Jadeveon Clowney situation? Some subplot going on between he and Spurrier huh?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/07/13 - 08:05 am
The color run

People on the side lines should hit the runners with paint balls. This would probably be easier on the lungs rather than breathing in ALL OF THAT COLORED DUST!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/07/13 - 08:06 am
Clowney

I think he's trying to hold out injury free for the draft. I also think that it will backfire on him.. The NFL is smarter than that and so is Spurrier. He may lose out on the draft and his "Scholarship"!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/07/13 - 08:08 am
T3

Hmm, a paintball run!!! How about a nude, all female 10 K!!??!!???

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/13 - 08:14 am
JTF, I think Spurrier is

JTF, I think Spurrier is trying to push him to play. Clowney was slightly hurt from what I heard and doesn't want to have subpar games. Lots of money at stake. Spurrier knows even a subpar Clowney is good for him. That's the conflict. He will play next Saturday for sure.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/07/13 - 08:19 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts - 10k Run

Now imagine a real and typical CSRA women running in this 10k run.

Maybe You, CG, and Riverman need to pre-screen the runners for fitness;-)

We certainly don't need runners in poor health having problems along the way.

Also will it be judged on the 1st one across the line, or the most votes collected along the way for Pose and running style.(INSERT SMILE)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/13 - 08:22 am
NocNoc, I'd demand a thorough

NocNoc, I'd demand a thorough examination of the runners.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/13 - 08:24 am
Oh Boy!

Maybe You, CG, and Riverman need to pre-screen the runners for fitness;-)

I promise you nocnoc if those 3 guys did preview the runners....MANY would pay dearly to watch THAT race...MANY!

So much to do today & some will even be fun---seeya

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/07/13 - 08:30 am
CBBP

I agree with the holding out part. He is giving very little effort. And, I agree with river that he will probably play. But, again to CBBP's point, his attitude is raising eyebrows.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/07/13 - 08:44 am
Talk About Selfish

Ranter #10 wrote:

I am a senior citizen and I have to move my trash to my neighbor’s yard to get it picked up. . . . I live at the end of the cul de sac. The guy will not get out of the truck to move my can so he can get to it.

Those big trash trucks with the arm on the side to pick up the trash can are designed to pick up from a roadside curb that is straight. If you live on a circular cul de sac, the truck most likely cannot get close enough to reach your trash can. Instead of cursing the darkness, ranter #10 needs to light one candle. She needs to roll her trash can to somewhere where the truck can access it. Show a little respect and kindness to the trashman, and great will be your reward in heaven.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/07/13 - 09:09 am
"WHY DOESN‘T someone

"WHY DOESN‘T someone investigate if a state judge has family members involved in electronic monitoring devices?"

Because everyone in Augusta of power and/or influence has TOO MUCH DIRT in their closet to be stirring up dust. And the one entity in Augusta that SHOULD be digging deep into "follow the money" is afraid the any hole they dig might swallow THEM up.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/07/13 - 10:05 am
"This I hate everything type person"

Unfortunately etlinks, there are plenty of those to go around in this area; and one of the many reasons Augusta moves forward so slowly.

You know, the annual Christmas parade in ColCo is a pain in the neck with traffic. I don't go to the parade, but thousands of others enjoy it. It's all good; for that one day I don't mind being inconvenienced with travel. People gripe about the bike races around Clarks Hill, not considering that these events raise the stature of Augusta, making it a more attractive place to live and work; which draws new business to the area.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/07/13 - 10:11 am
LL @ 9:44

GOOD TO see you back! I told you aren't on here near enough!

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/07/13 - 10:13 am
Re: Ironman Comment.... NOBODY has the

FAINTEST idea WHAT you mean!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/07/13 - 10:23 am
Yep, I hate everything....

I don't like baseball, so let's not make an effort to make this a baseball friendly town.

I don't like hockey, so let's not do anything to promote/suppport hockey.

I don't like football or basketball, so don't promote or support either.

I can't stand ballet; it is for weenies, so let's not lift a finger to promote it.

And heaven forbid we have opera, theater, or any of that other claptrap that only the hoity toity pretend to like. Not on my dime!

Let's shut down Riverwalk while we are at it. I never use it, and it is just a money pit catering to thugs and neer-do-wells.

I don't have any minor children or grandchildren, so why should my $$ get spent on places like Diamond Lakes? I don't use it, so the hell with it.

Don't even think about dog parks or walking trails. If you want to walk, head to the woods or walk around your neighborhood. Your dog is your problem, not mine.

And hey, that towpath on the canal requires constant maintenance, costing me as a taxpayer money. I don't like that towpath, so close it up. That and the New Savannah River Park too.

I quit fishing years ago, so don't you dare spend a penny of mine on that Mayor's Pond. If somebody wants to fish, CHARGE them for it.

And this extra law enforcement for downtown? Fuhgettaboutit! I haven't been downtown in years. It can dry up and blow away for all I care!

Any readers see themselves here? There are PLENTY of this person in this area, in all counties.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/07/13 - 11:07 am
“We've been told to make life

“We've been told to make life as difficult for people as we can," an unnamed park ranger told the Washington Times. "It's disgusting.”

jus sayin'
jus sayin' 10/07/13 - 11:17 am
RANT #2

She turned out to be a self.........

You act as if you know her personally. I thought her VMA performance was terrible but effective. She apparently got exactly what she wanted from the public......to be at the top of everyone's conversation including the media's. Smart young lady if you ask me.

Echoes86
Echoes86 10/07/13 - 11:39 am
"Hmm, a paintball run!!! How

"Hmm, a paintball run!!! How about a nude, all female 10 K!!??!!???"

And yet here we are telling Miley Cyrus that she needs to be a nice girl lol.

Rant Comments:
1: What is American?
2: Miley can do what she wants. Concern yourself with something other than a 20 year old girl. Don't like her? Do what many people did with Lady Gaga and ignore her.
3: Totally agree with you.
7: I'm a SC resident, and I'd love to have the Iron Man competition. I'd love to have many more events come to Aiken.
8: Ahh the ol' "don't like it you can leave" as if this person's opinion holds for the entire state of GA or SC. Even non-pot smokers (like myself) don't understand why it's illegal when tobacco and alcohol can prove just as dangerous. Maybe it's a regulation thing?

Have a great Monday everyone!

Ex-SC Gov. Edwards dies

CHARLESTON, S.C. - James B. Edwards, South Carolina's first Republican governor since Reconstruction and later energy secretary for two years in the Reagan administration, has died.