Rants & Raves

I HAVE HEARD nothing from the Georgia side of the river about the Augusta GreenJackets being moved to North Augusta. Doesn’t anyone in Georgia want to keep them? Nobody seems to care if they move or not. They are ours.

RAVE TO OUR editorial cartoonist Rick McKee. What fine material comes out on a daily basis. As long as we have the national leaders we
have in Washington, he will have material forever. Thank you, Mr. McKee.

EVERY TIME YOU turn around, President Obama is talking about the middle class. He never says anything about the poor. It’s like he is ashamed of the poor.

IT’S DESPICABLE THAT the Democrats will hold the entire nation hostage unless “Obamacare” is completely accepted. It was rammed down the throats of the American people when the Repub­licans were not allowed to vote on it. It was done on a back-door deal by Democrats only. To those people who think Obamacare is what this nation wanted, half of this nation was not represented when it was brought to a vote.

I WAS SURPRISED to see there is a labor shortage in the building industry, with statistics showing that 73 percent of the population is on food stamps and welfare. I think some people should look for jobs rather than be on welfare. We need to cut the welfare system out.

RANT TO THE person who ran into my brand-new car, which I had had for only two days, in the University Hospital parking lot. Thanks a lot.

A HUGE RAVE to Le Chat Noir for presenting a superior production of Les Misérables. This little theater has the talent and creativity to “bring it home.”

A RANT FOR THE Rich­mond County Sheriff’s Office, which allows officers living outside the county to drive patrol cars home. The intent of this privilege was to allow the cars to be seen in neighborhoods in the county to improve community protection, and to give the officers incentive to live in the county in which they work.

WE HAVE HAD speeding cars going up to 70 mph in a 25-mile zone since they paved Parham Road in Grovetown. Traffic was detoured to Parham Road to Gordon Highway while repairs were done on the railroad at Katherine Street and Robertson Avenue. Now, more people are using our road to Gordon Highway. They are speeding, and something needs to be done before someone gets killed.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/03/13 - 06:22 pm
How can you call the Augusta GreenJackets ours?

They jumped ship they abandoned US.

As far as I am concerned their new name should be "SC Turncoats".

It won't take long for SC taxpayers learn having Minor League is a $$$$$ money pit the always wants to be fed.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/03/13 - 06:32 pm
Only our Federal Gov could do this

Have a hard time remembering Phone #'s
Well the Fed's accidentally made it easy for those wanting to call for Health Care Coverage .

SEAN I apologize, I am not making this up.
and feel free to edit it.

I can't even list the Website story URL because uses the profane word in it.

HINT / QUOTING
"Far from being a mistype, that’s the official number that Health and Human Services wants Americans to dial when seeking health care. Obamacare’s national call center really did list its number as 1-800-318-2596, helpfully spelling out President Barack Obama’s tendency to blatantly flip the bird in plain view."

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/03/13 - 06:45 pm
Karen remains a tropical storm Bearing down on New Orleans.

Will it be a RANT OR A RAVE for Obama's watch.

Will FEMA blame the shutdown for the storm?

BTW: FEMA is a Essential funded operation shutdown or NOT, has staff and the ability to respond.

Hopefully better than they did with Sandy and a 10 day advance warning.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/03/13 - 07:56 pm
@4

You are 100% right on that one. The sad part is, there has been many, many comments made on here that state that the GOP was completely in support for it and voted to have it past.

You are talking about the "Obamacare" not the Affordable care Bill, Right.....

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/03/13 - 10:32 pm
North Augusta Greenjackets

The die was cast when the South Carolina group bought the Greenjackets. I would have bet my bottom dollar they were going to N. Augusta. They wouldn't have bought the team unless they were sure they could swing the new stadium over the river. There's nothing Augusta can do about it when the owners are over there.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/03/13 - 10:44 pm
Why Give Retail Businesses Tax Breaks?

All the talk about Bass Pro backing out of the deal brings to the surface this whole concept of giving tax breaks to the tune of millions of dollars to help fund the business. Realize the store being given the break is using government services paid for by other stores that are not getting the tax breaks.

Let's use Costco for example. They are going to be allowed to keep the local portion of the sales tax generated at their store for many years until they can pay off their loan to build here...like they didn't have enough money to pay for their store. Heh. (Thanks to another poster for bringing up the Costco deal again.) In the meantime Sam's loses business to Costco, but doesn't get to keep the tax they generate. What about the small local businesses? They don't get to keep anything.

These are not industrial concerns of some kind bringing jobs and money to the area like Starbucks. These are retail deals taking money from the community, in addition to keeping the local sales tax. Ain't right.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/04/13 - 06:04 am
Deputies Driving Cars Home to Other Counties

The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office attracts better candidates for deputy when they are allowed to live where they want, including other counties. Their driving to and from work is also a visible deterrent. It’s also a small benefit we can give to the underpaid deputies. So all said and done it’s probably a plus they drive their cars home even if it is to another county.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:11 am
What's in a name

You call your place a slum & wonder why people run....

Bass Pro is a great store in this area....the parking lot is crammed everyday....with cars from all over.....all the way to the N Ga mountains...& why wouldn't they want the millions to build...didn't the area give millions to other stores...duhhhh

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/04/13 - 06:12 am
PTHS

If you were still with us, today would have been your 53 Birthday. I'm proud to have known you and thank you for your service to our country. Tonight I will raise a glass in salute to you and your service. Soar high my friend!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:16 am
PTHS

He was on my mind this week....he had a sense of humor & a talent that few could match.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:17 am
Another reason business will leave

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/04/13 - 06:19 am
Deputy's and Cars

A few facts. Deputies who drive cars home are expected to work any traffic accidents, or any incidents they encounter while enroute. They are also subject to calls while they are traveling in their vehicles. This has made for anywhere from 1 to 6 hours of work, extra, for which, quite often there is not enough pay to compensate them for.
2- It's a proven fact that when vehicles are assigned to an individual they are kept cleaner, maintained better and last longer than when they are parked in a pool and "hotseated". Take 2 identical vehicles put one in a pool and one assigned, the hotseated one will last about 2 years with major maintenance, the assigned vehicle will last closer to 4 years with very little if any major maintenance. I know which one I'd rather see my tax dollars go for!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/04/13 - 06:22 am
Seenit

I hope you remembered the glitter before going to the Doctor yesterday!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/04/13 - 06:23 am
PTHS

Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but sure enjoyed him on this forum. I thought about him when the "meeting" was being scheduled. He and Happy could have broke bread together.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:24 am
I agree

"It's a proven fact that when vehicles are assigned to an individual they are kept cleaner, maintained better and last longer"

If they didn't have a few perks RCty would lose some good officers...instead of eliminating they should think of giving a few more. imho

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:28 am
Glitter is missing today

I need some fresh glitter...some that glows & sparkles...I'm so tired of doctors/such....needles & blood....I might have to join the color run with sparkles & get my mojo back.:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/04/13 - 06:36 am
SeenIt, Good Point

"why wouldn't they want the millions to build...didn't the area give millions to other stores...duhhhh"

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/04/13 - 06:46 am
PTHS and Me

I remember one Saturday night after a few drinks I made this post that I just knew solved all the local and world's problems. I was thinking this thing is so eloquent I may be given some type of award. Well the next morning PTHS picked right up on my state of mind when I wrote it. He said something like, "Now that's a good example to everyone why you should never post anything when drinking." Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 06:51 am
He was a genius with that comeback!!

"Now that's a good example to everyone why you should never post anything when drinking.".

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/13 - 07:06 am
What a business will see

Take a look at these charts....now tell me, if you had a business what would YOU THINK?

Look at the poverty & esp the chart on single mother households....what happens in the county next to you will flow your way...I see that in metro Atla all the time...I'm not tryig to diss RCTY so don't get your panties in a wad....just telling you what some see from a distance....their problems ARE your problems too.....

I have to get busy & probably need to stop posting...some will take everything I say the WRONG way. We need jobs & some good paying jobs .....or it will bring us all down to our knees.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/04/13 - 07:23 am
rant about Obamacare

"To those people who think Obamacare is what this nation wanted, half of this nation was not represented when it was brought to a vote"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/04/13 - 07:39 am
Good Morning "RIP PTHS" America.

Yes, the good old AC days of "Proud To Have Served." He had one heck of a knack of getting a debate roaring. An idol to some and a thorn to others. I have many of his post on file, I wish I could repost some but there is no doubt they wouldn't get past the "Save Comment" button. He had a special blog site - http://pths-norulesforfools.blogspot.com/

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/04/13 - 07:48 am
One Thing For Sure,

If any Republican caves in on what they have started, I will never vote Republican again!

SB3
SB3 10/04/13 - 07:57 am
What's wrong illustrated in one sentence

"As a liberal, I agree that the majority of Americans DON'T WANT Obamacare, BUT it is the right thing to do and past time for it!!"

The minority forces something on the majority through dirty tricks and dead-of-night deals because they think they know what is best for everyone else. They believe they're smarter and more compassionate than those around them and will use the point of a gun (government) to enslave those of us too ignorant to know some people are more equal than others.

Notice they exempt themselves from their own laws whenever they can get away with it because, "Shut up! That's different and it's too hard for us!!" Also notice they scurry away when the light of facts are shown upon them. I used to think they were just misguided. I've learned over the years they're just evil despots at heart and must be opposed whenever possible.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/04/13 - 07:58 am
How fast the top story of yesterday dies

A few much needed answers are still unanswered:
WHY SHE DID IT,
WHO SHE WAS,
WAS SHE ARMED OR UNARMED?
WAS IT HER BABY?
WAS SHE AFTER THE PRESIDENT?
WAS IT SHUTDOWN RELATED ;-)

SB3
SB3 10/04/13 - 08:00 am
Sean,

I had to edit the above comment twice for format because I tried to use one of the "allowed" HTML tags below. They don't work. At least blockquote doesn't.

SB3
SB3 10/04/13 - 08:02 am
Sean Moores
Sean Moores 10/04/13 - 08:14 am
@SB3 9:00 am

I'll ask. I know we still allow some HTML, but sometimes they change things without much notice.

SB3
SB3 10/04/13 - 08:57 am

No worries, I just like to use it for clarity when it's available.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/04/13 - 09:22 am
t3...."BUT it is the right

t3...."BUT it is the right thing to do and past time for it!!"

It is NOT the right thing to do. It is the SOCIALIST thing to do. It is another FREEBEE that discourages any incentive to get out and work and pay your own way. It goes along with free food, free housing, free monthly check, and free Obamaphones. Now free healthcare. Why the hell would anyone want to waste they time and effort by WORKING for a living.

Right thing to do.....I hate that "excuse". What the hell is right about you reaching into my family's pocket and taking money to pay for someone else's ANYTHING. I am not rich. I am firmly middle class. So, just give me the simple words that justify robbing my family to support people that are not even making an effort. Hell, I don't care if they are making an effort, it is STILL NOT "RIGHT" to rob my family to support anyone.

I'm sorry but that is just how I feel. I worked and saved and invested a little during my working years and planned to be comfortable. Not rich...just comfortable. But now the government says "thank you for working your whole life but now we are going to dip into your livelihood and take some of your income through higher taxes and fees and insurance rates and we are going to FORCE you to share your family's hard earned security with people who don't work, won't work, and expect the government to give them total life support." Right thing to do my behind.

Obamacare is many things but the "right thing to do" is not one of them. Nothing that kills hiring, kills full time jobs in favor of part time jobs, and increases the cost of health care insurance for working people to provide full life support for the welfare class is the "right thing to do". Nothing that puts the IRS in charge of enforcing the health care system and makes your medical records immediately accessible to every federal agency is the "right thing to do". Nothing that puts the government in charge of deciding, based on budget THAT year, which procedures and drugs the masses will be entitled to is the "right thing to do". There is NOTHING about Obamacare that is the "right thing to do".

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.