Rants & Raves

WE DON’T NEED a charter school. The good students help the poor slower students in class. Students react more to their peers teaching them than teachers. Use that asset. Keep the good students so they can help the poor students. You will see more productivity and better grades.

RANT TO EVERY doctor in the area who doesn’t write excuses for work. I will take my insurance and copays somewhere else, and I will tell everybody I know how you treated me.

RAVE TO JUDGE Daniel Craig and a big rant to Sentinel Offender Services. What goes around comes around. You’re lucky you’re not going to jail.

I SEE NO MENTION of money in the article about the Cops TV show coming to Augusta. Are you telling me that Augusta is providing location, actors and expenses to a film company that will make millions off that show? Someone should take another look at that.

WONDERFUL THANKS to Drs. White and Wild at GRU. They took wonderful care of my son when he had strep throat. He is doing great. Be blessed.

THE POSTAL increase is unnecessary. The problem is easy to solve. Give your employees off Wednesday and Sunday. That gives them a five-day work week and gives the public mail delivery every other day. The employees and customers will be satisfied with no increase in cost.

ARE WE STILL going to get parking meters for our slum area?

WHY DO SOME conservatives enjoy bashing liberals because of perceived name-calling, yet they enjoy using words such as “liberals” and “progressives” as epithets?

THIS IS A RAVE thanking the staff of Richmond/Burke Job Training Authority for the 19 years of providing quality service to the residents of Richmond and Burke counties under the Workforce Investment Act. A rant goes out to the people, including politicians, who destroyed the agency in 2½ months. Seventeen people lost their jobs.

A RANT FOR DON Turner for his letter to the editor. “We the people of the United States ...” means every citizen of the United States regardless of ability to work. It does mean, however, that illegal aliens, and there is no such thing as an illegal immigrant except in the mind of a left-wing liberal, are covered under its laws and rights. Illegal aliens do not have any rights under the Constitution of the United States.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/03/13 - 10:00 am
nocnoc@7:55

The MRC is a great organization, doing good work and providing a valuable service for many years now.

The libs don't think highly of them though (which is an endorsement in my book). Of course libs don't like anyone who shines a light on their shenanigans. Kind of like when things go scurrying away to hide when you flip a light switch on at night.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/03/13 - 10:06 am
"ARE WOMEN offended that

"ARE WOMEN offended that there are NO MEN'S underwear ads on here?! If these ads were done away with, JUST THINK of how many more of MY LTE's could be printed!! BESIDES, do you REALLY need to see underwear on another person to know what underwear is????!!!!"

I don't think I've ever seen a women's underwear ad on this site. I believe the site reads your computer's cookies and targets specific advertisements to you based on your surfing habits.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/03/13 - 10:33 am
"Actually Teachers will hold

"Actually Teachers will hold back allowing good students from being their best, by teaching to the lowest common denominator student."

Been going on about 40 years. Just check the graphs on our standing in the world when it comes to education scores. When the entire education system is geared to graduate the lowest common denominator it lowers the education level of everyone in the system. It's just a fact. As long as our education system is geared to the lowest level undisciplined students, the graduates of charter and private schools will be the ones with the good jobs and all of the money. We have already proven that Political Correctness, unions, and educator "organizations" will not allow us the change our public schools. Charter and private schools are the only hope left for parents who are concerned about their child's education.

Sweet son
Sweet son 10/03/13 - 11:32 am
@t3bledsoe

Your 7:09 comment is right on the money! We do love it! "Conservatives enjoy bashing EVERYTHING about liberals!!," tbledsoe.

I will be gone but I hope you are happy with what they/you will have for yourself and our children in the future.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 12:23 pm
Targets your cookies haha

That is so true fred....so evidently someone has been looking at underwear ..A LOT!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 12:25 pm
Why you don't need 2 outdoor shops

Just look at this & look at the stats..you don't have enough hunters/fishermen.....hungry folks w/o bennies is what you need.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 12:28 pm
Lilly/hormones

Gosh woman...I hope you don't think I need them...I'm loaded with h-mones.....probably have enough to share..LOL

But I'm not gonna!!♥

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/03/13 - 01:18 pm
General Comment

Does the term "over-sexed" mean anything??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/03/13 - 01:21 pm
Young Fred @ 10:06

"I don't think I've ever seen a women's underwear ad on this site. I believe the site reads your computer's cookies and targets specific advertisements to you based on your surfing habits"

I FIND it very difficult to believe there is that much difference in my ads and other commenters ads!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/03/13 - 01:25 pm
Sweet son @ 11:22

"Look what Your president and your congressmen have done and are doing to our nation. They are just hastening the USA down the back side of the slope!

I will be gone but I hope you are happy with what they/you will have for yourself and our children in the future"

First, I believe that Obamacare is A MAJOR step in the right direction!!

Second, don't sell yourself short as to whether you will make it to see if Obamacare works or not!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/03/13 - 01:32 pm
Know how to make a hormone

Don't pay her hehe

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/03/13 - 01:43 pm
Now We Know This -

(First, I believe that Obamacare is A MAJOR step in the right direction!!)

Tell me, how do you feel about the Affordable Health Care Bill?

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/03/13 - 01:59 pm
t3bledsoe - my view on Hollywood

They are ACTORS, they get paid to ACT.

They are extremely seldom experts in: Marital live, relationships, normality, morals, economics, or Politics.

My general feeling is over 40 years of observations, is every time they open their mouths, they do it for free publicity, to promotion themselves, or to garner more fans.

Generally the more you see of a ACTOR, the more likely it means they have a Movie role test coming up, or a movie release soon, or they are has-beens seeking some attention. From time to time we read about GOOD Actors gone bad , (CYRIS), or good (Woody) and all it is a repackaging to change they popularity according to $$$$.

Every time they open the mouths in politics they tic off between 40% and 60% of their potential audience. Not a Smart $$$ move either.

In short, they are not role models, or leaders.
(sure there are a few exceptions)

But generally speaking picking a Hollywood ACTOR that a parent would want their kid to model their life after, is far and between?

In my case
Audrey Hepburn is the only Actor I would want my daughters to mimic aside from her separated and later divorce. Her tireless work with UNICEF in the late 1980s being another great thing about her.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/03/13 - 02:02 pm
t3bledsoe - BTW:

You have made some excellent comments and observations today.

I may not agree with them all, but none the less... good factual observations.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:07 pm
Runaway vacuum cleaner

There are fliers out about a runaway roomba vacuum cleaner...the kind that sweeps the floor without anyone there....evidently it wanted to be free & left the house.....machines rebel too yaknow...

Lilly--funny---just don't pay her...hahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:11 pm
GOP assaulted at the Capitol..

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) was assaulted by an upset individual Wednesday evening while walking to the Capitol for votes, Roll Call reported.

His staff told Roll Call that the confrontation was "minor," but physical.

“A random individual, unknown to the congressman, began screaming at him and grabbed his arm,” the congressman's spokeswoman, Cassie Smedile, said in a Thursday morning statement. “Mr. Duffy was unharmed. He reported the incident in compliance with House security procedures. Congressman Duffy has requested no further action be taken and there will be no further comment on the matter at this time.”

Officer Shennell S. Antrobus, a spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police, confirmed to the Washington Post that there is an assault investigation underway. No arrests have yet been made.

Sources told Roll Call that the person may have been upset over the government shutdown, which has been ongoing since Tuesday, leaving hundreds of thousands of federal employees furloughed and key government-run facilities and programs shuttered. Duffy's office hasn't confirmed reports about the reason for the confrontation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:18 pm
Bass Pro shopping at home

Since yall don't have & won't get the real thing ...try this

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 10/03/13 - 02:21 pm
Sparkles

seenit, did you use the glitter and sparkles before you went to the Dr?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:45 pm
Glitter & sparkles

hah..I know that joke about the woman washing her parts with her daughters wash cloth & it "sparkled"...lol

My sparkles need refreshing....I had blood taken so much I look like a fighter with bandages alll over me...don't think I will go out in public yet...

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:47 pm
This is interesting

M Obama found her roots & YIKES, they are white folks too.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/03/13 - 02:54 pm
The Capitol on lockdown....

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The U.S. Capitol is locked down Thursday afternoon after shots were fired, the Washington Post reported.

There are reports that a Capitol police officer was injured, according to the Associated Press.

CNN reported that an order was given over the Capitol speaker system to shelter in place because of an active shooter situation.

be back later..yall

Sweet son
Sweet son 10/03/13 - 06:24 pm
@t3bledsoe

Thanks for the vote of confidence for me to live beyond Obama Care! :)

We can agree to disagree and that is what it is all about in the AC comments. Have a great rest of the day!