Rants & Raves

THE POTENTIAL FEDERAL shutdown and President Obama’s warning of “economic chaos” highlight both parties’ standard action concerning establishing the federal budget. Since the start of the fiscal year was changed, Congress and our leaders have relied on this tactic. Their continued reluctance to find common ground for the betterment of this country had resulted in closure of federal offices, loss of jobs, higher taxes and a damaged economy.

RANT FOR ALL you parents at Martinez Elementary School; you are turning left, and it says no left turn. You are an accident waiting to happen. Please try to protect our children.

BIG RAVE TO the staff of the North Augusta Recreation Department, the North Augusta Police and the nurse on duty at 11 a.m. Sept. 10. My wife had a seizure while working out, and they did everything in a very professional way. They make North Augusta a great place to be.

DOES ONE LOSE all common sense by joining the Democrat Party, or does one join the Democrat Party because he has no common sense to start with?

SUPER RAVES FOR Brian Crane, the writer/illustrator for the comic strip Pickles. This is, without a doubt, the funniest strip I have ever followed. Hats off to this man who keeps us laughing at the beginning of each day.

WHO CARES WHICH federal bozo started giving out free phones and other goodies? The point is, this present administration could stop this abysmal practice, which just enables moochers to continue their mooching ways, but they don’t. It’s funny how this administration has no trouble doing away with previous administration rules and regulations, but this particular one they won’t touch with a 40-foot handle. All to get more votes in 2016. Sickening.

SENTINEL OFFENDER Services was found guilty by our courts. Hurray for Jack Long, attorney, for taking them on in our legal system. Sentinel took advantage of those trying to rise above their legal problems, which is like putting a foot on someone’s back when they are already down, and yet Richmond County renewed their contract. Something is really wrong with this picture.

ALL THE AMERICAN people do is watch baseball and football. They haven’t got their heads screwed on. We need to get rid of what’s in Washington, D.C.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/01/13 - 05:18 pm
LL @ 4:30

"Spell check won't catch that one:

stile : a step or set of steps for passing over a fence or wall

stile : one of the vertical members in a frame or panel into which the secondary members are fitted"

EVERYONE is a critic!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/01/13 - 05:28 pm
KSL @ 5:18

"Are you talking about Mary Matalin and James Carville?"

YOU GOT IT! You know I can't spell!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/01/13 - 05:34 pm
Water Bill Online..Done

Just got my Columbia County water bill application for auto bank draft done. The info is on the bill for others interested. It takes two months to get it started they say which seems like a long time, but what the heck.

KSL
KSL 10/01/13 - 05:43 pm
bledsoe

You could always learn.

harley_52
harley_52 10/01/13 - 05:48 pm
"So you think a .38 is best?"

I think a short barreled, small .38 special revolver is a great gun for carry, especially for a woman. Semi-automatic pistols often require more hand strength than many women are capable of and revolvers don't. Most men can work the action of a semi-automatic so your choices are wider. You might want a .380, a 9mm, a .40 S&W, or even a .45 in a smaller gun than the service 1911 .45 you're talking about. You do know, I'm sure, the Army adopted a .9mm Beretta about 25 years ago instead of the old 1911.

It depends on what you like and you should probably shoot several before you finally decide.

harley_52
harley_52 10/01/13 - 05:53 pm
"It takes two months to get it started they say...

...which seems like a long time, but what the heck."

I don't think it takes that long in Richmond County.

KSL
KSL 10/01/13 - 06:20 pm
I have 3 revolvers: my first

I have 3 revolvers: my first was a S&W .38 special. Also have a Judge and a Public Defender.

happychimer
happychimer 10/01/13 - 06:25 pm
You don't have to wait to set

You don't have to wait to set up bill pay on your bank's website. then each month you choose what day you want to pay and the bank takes care of it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/01/13 - 06:47 pm
For Free

Those bankers are such nice people.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/01/13 - 07:13 pm
depends on what you need

for an all purpose, all around tool, harley has it covered.

I like a .22 for pure accuracy. 357 for ease of ammo purchase. And I've got a 'lil 410 derringer for those up close and personal moments.

BUT for trips and such, seems how I can't bring everything I own, the Glock 9 has it covered. She always feels like a warm friend when I wrap my hand around her.

happychimer
happychimer 10/01/13 - 07:16 pm
Well I have had no problems

Well I have had no problems with the bank's bill pay and it is free for us, so why not use it?

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/01/13 - 07:34 pm
Free

Really? How much interest are you making on the money deposited? How much are they making on your money? How much interest would they pay you if they were not providing various types of services for free? I don't think they build those nice building by providing free anything. Maybe calendars. But, I use it, it's makes paying bills easier.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/01/13 - 08:39 pm
KSL

nice. Nothing like a mother protecting her young.

And to think, some would take that away.

Ignorant or evil they are!!!

KSL
KSL 10/01/13 - 09:26 pm
Thank you Young Fred. Now it

Thank you Young Fred.

Now it makes me wonder about that city. We know about Chicago, NYC, etc.

KSL
KSL 10/01/13 - 09:29 pm
Depending on Ohio's laws, if

Depending on Ohio's laws, if like SC, she should have let them in and then shot them.

KSL
KSL 10/01/13 - 09:42 pm
That had to be record speed,

That had to be record speed, TSD. You got me on speed dial. LOL.