Rants & Raves

I WANT TO GIVE a huge shout out rave for the store manager of Evans Publix Town Center store; also Birdena my cashier. These people helped me recover my missing pocket book. Thank you, Birdena, for your help. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have found my pocketbook.

WHY ARE WE feeding kids in Swaziland when we have young children right here in Augusta going hungry at night? The American people need to wake up; we can’t feed the world. We need to start taking care of our own first, and then if we have food left over, we can help other people out. There is no excuse for children in this country to go to bed at night hungry.

RAVES TO LOCAL law enforcement in regards to the speeding and tailgating problems on Sweetwater Road. Y’all were out in full force.

RANT TO OUR government. If we hadn’t given Egypt $1,500,000,000, the 460 people at SRS who were laid off would probably still have a job. I lost a lot of good friends who I had worked with for years.

RANT TO AUSTIN Rhodes. Do you think you could do one show without using a lot of profanity?

GOD BLESS THE black lady who sent in the rant about the thugs who shot the young man in Dogwood Terrace. Yes, dear lady, we do need to pray.

SAVANNAH’S FLEET maintenance budget is lower than Augusta’s? Come on, Augusta, wake up.

OBAMA IS DOING a heck of a lot better than Cowboy Bush did. Bush only ran thousands of our people into a war with no real plan, no weapons of mass destruction to truly find to destroy. He did it without virtually any foreign support, no consensus of the American people. Obama recognized we were a democracy and put forth his ideas. Then the world weighed in with a solution to hopefully not involve a war for any of us. Yay to Obama!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/28/13 - 05:39 pm
Rant #2

There are no children in the United States going to bed hungry because of parental poverty. On the other hand, there are a few going to bed hungry because of parental neglect and poor choices by the parent(s). But a thousand governmental programs and handouts will not fix that.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/28/13 - 09:17 pm
RANT ABOUT Mr. Rhodes.

Generally speaking his show is good enough and has many informative details. But he does go low and into the ditches with some heat comments and verbal exchanges on occasion.

But since his sponsors continue to buy ad time in an round his show time period. I don't see him adjusting his style.

The Savage Madame
The Savage Madame 09/28/13 - 09:31 pm
The Austin Rhodes show is for

The Austin Rhodes show is for adults. If you can't handle a little profanity, change the station.

KSL
KSL 09/28/13 - 09:38 pm
Not certain it was profanity

Not certain it was profanity noc was referring to, but I could be wrong.

KSL
KSL 09/28/13 - 11:31 pm
With foodstamps or whatever

With foodstamps or whatever they are called now and 2 meals a day, why do wd have hungry children. With better ways of keeping up with parents, why do we have hungry children. With food banks, why do we have hungry children.

Sorry parents?

SB3
SB3 09/29/13 - 12:16 am
Last rant

How delusional. Too much so to bother fisking.

KSL
KSL 09/29/13 - 12:40 am
Oh my

No consensus of the American people, but he recognized we were a democracy. God help us!

KSL
KSL 09/29/13 - 12:44 am
Is there any way I can get

Is there any way I can get out of paying for public education?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/13 - 03:32 am
"The Austin Rhodes show is ...

"The Austin Rhodes show is for adults."

I wouldn't go that far.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/13 - 03:58 am
Proposal for Mill Campus

I've long been a big proponent of ASU expanding downtown with dorms and so on instead of shifting things to the Wrightsboro Rd campus. This Mills property proposal for housing, etc. seems like a good one, but there is one major problem. There are not enough students at ASU to occupy the housing and enrollment is actually dropping. The med school plans to add a couple hundred medical students over the coming years, but these are older, often married people, and many won't live in student housing. So the biggest roadblock to students living anywhere in town is lack of students.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/13 - 05:21 am
JTF, Some Game

Fantastic game. I stayed home for this one, but my son was there and said it was more crowded than for the South Carolina game. The announcers were even talking about UGA making it to the big game. Alabama is NOT looking THAT good. UGA can beat them. Florida is weak, too. South Carolina is looking weak so Clemson can handle them.

UGA vs Clemson in Pasadena. Wouldn't that be something? East coast, southern country folks with schools 80 miles apart playing on the left coast for the national championship. I'm hoping.

myfather15
myfather15 09/29/13 - 06:16 am
#8

Wow, how you were describing those events; I would have thought you were talking about Obama's intervention in Libya!! He did not ask Congress for approval, and didn't even tell them he was planning an attack on Libya. Where is your outrage?

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/29/13 - 07:10 am
@ River

I wasn't there either. Friend of my wife's scheduled her husbands 50th BD. Can you imagine that? Reminds me of the old days when brides would schedule their weddings on game day. Missed a lot of good weddings.
Anyhoo, long way to go, but UGA/Clemson rematch would be awesome.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/13 - 07:59 am
Good Morning "231-192 Votes" America.

All I can say is HaaaaaaaaRaaaaaaaa!

I feel so good that America still has patriot humans that want to save This Great Nation. Finely, "WE THE PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO SPEAK"

I shutter at the thought if congress was control completely by the socialist/communist, what America would be like today.

Mister King SMNCICBHO(M), Hammer Man....put that in your pipe and smoke it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/13 - 08:37 am
The GAME!

That was the best football game I have seen in a looooong time.♥

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/29/13 - 08:59 am
To the last ranter. How does

To the last ranter. How does it feel to be 100% wrong on everything you said. Were you sober during that time frame?

And Obama did not put forth any ideas except to bomb Syria. So I must assume you have not sobered up yet. Either that or you were 100% mentally dyslexic during Bush and you STILL ARE.

harley_52
harley_52 09/29/13 - 09:21 am
What's REALLY Happening in North Africa And The Mid -East.....

...is that radical islam is gaining strength and broadening its control of entire countries. In spite of the President's claims to the contrary we are losing the war.

What are we doing about it? Are we losing on purpose? We are arming and training the enemy. We did so in Lybia, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and now in Syria, just to name a few of the places.

Why would you want to arm and train your enemy? I suggest that question be posed to the President. Of course he'll deny it, but is anybody else concerned that our most modern weapons, including state of the art night vision equipment, anti-air missiles, and all manner of our best weaponry is now in the hands of muslim terrorist organizations who have sworn to destroy us?

The wolf is at the door.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/29/13 - 09:32 am
Street profanity - no !But

Street profanity - no !

But type in a few of the shows more common
colorful remarks and see if Sean, or the AC auto
filter lets it slide.

There is acceptable language and there is unacceptable
phrases used in mixed company. The B* word is one
such example.

So, yes I would consider a radio broadcast mixed company.

Like I have said before Austin's Show provides very timely info,
but sometimes I do not agree with the delivery process.

BTW: For those wondering..... I did not post the RANT.

Note: In the world of radio time slot marketing, our comments can only increase his numbers, which should leave the source of the RANT comment suspect all around, ;-)

allhans
allhans 09/29/13 - 09:45 am
Obama and the Islamists....

Obama and the Islamists....

RedQuinoa
RedQuinoa 09/29/13 - 09:54 am
You can do without Rhodes

12 years ago, as he descended deeper into the rhetorical gutter, I resolved to not listen to even a single syllable out of his mouth. I do not miss him at all. It seems that he thrives on shock value rather than substance.

chapen71
chapen71 09/29/13 - 10:06 am
The Game

Alabama - Georgia last season was a better game.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/29/13 - 10:26 am
To the last ranter.......

....put the doobie down and back away....slowly..

...Also we are NOT a democracy...we are a representative republic...at least we were before "Our Dear Ruler" was immaculated..

God only knows what we are now...

Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady 09/29/13 - 10:25 am
Civics Lessons

Too bad schools do not teach Civics anymore. The United States is a representative republic, not a democracy.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 09/29/13 - 10:49 am
Obama

Wasn't kidding when he said he would change America - Mrs Clinton is still fuming because her work on our healthcare was ignored - the dems knew this was a number one priority on their agenda when they retook control no matter if it was good for us or not

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/29/13 - 11:55 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/13 - 01:03 pm
Give it up--give it up

People shot while sitting on the porch...we have lost our ever loving minds in the USA

If we don't get a a handle on this we are doomed.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 09/29/13 - 05:33 pm
B4 so sad

But we'll go down shooting out here in the country - are these grown ups or kids - I wish we could get their attention without a gun in our hands. This is really alarming....

Fire closes Broad Street

An early morning fire is closing parts of downtown Broad Street and motorists are advised to avoid the area around Ninth Street.