Wild hog killed in Atlanta suburb

Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 7:18 AM
Last updated 7:08 PM

ATLANTA — Tracking dogs managed to chase down and attack a 400-pound wild hog that has been scaring children and adults in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that after the dogs attacked, a hunter stabbed it to death Thursday night in the neighborhood near Lithonia. The subdivision is about 17 miles east of downtown Atlanta.

Authorities have said as many as four feral hogs have been roaming the DeKalb County neighborhood for several days.

WSB-TV reports that an exterminating firm has been hired to search for remaining pigs in the area.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/27/13 - 08:09 am
Breaking news

See there...I told ya we had big news in Atlanta suburbs! :)

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/27/13 - 09:03 am
It's 9:00 AM. The headline

It's 9:00 AM. The headline says "Willd hog killed in Atlanta suburb"

Willd ??? Really AC?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 09:15 am
dichotomy - wonder how many Willlllld Hogs ;-)

We kill in the Augusta / Richmond Co. suburbs each every week?
An a lot closer than 17 miles from Downtown tooooooo.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/27/13 - 09:25 am
Don't make fun of our headline news

They were wild & chasing kids at bus stops...REALLY bad boy hogs.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 10:01 am
Bad Hogs! Bad Hogs! Whatcha

Bad Hogs! Bad Hogs! Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you...............

Sorry.....when I read seenit's comment "bad boy hogs" it just kind of flew across my brain.... :)

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 10:39 am
Nahhh Wild Hogs aren't that bad.

But come to think of it?
Tim Allen's gang did burn down Peter Fonda's MC Bar,

Seriously
InChristLove - on the South Side that meat's on the hoof for a all night pig roast neighborhood get-together.

So Atlanta and Lithonia can't be that dangerous, if ribs and pulled pork are walking around waiting to be BBQ'd. I guess PETA has them protected up there.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 11:46 am
Love me some ribs and pulled

Love me some ribs and pulled pork!

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 09/27/13 - 03:56 pm
Wild Hogs

I remember a wild boar terrorizing the area back in the late 70's early 80's...killed some horses if I remember correctly. It wasn't Hogzilla, but it was a mean swine!!

Can't imagine they'd taste too good - surely they'd be gamey. Worth a try though - love me some pig!!

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/27/13 - 05:30 pm
I'm agree with dinner-I'll

I'm agree with dinner-I'll bring sweet corn and some slaw. But I'm surprised people aren't lamenting the death of this poor "little" pig-probably some ones pet who accidentally escaped. Nude PETA girls will be walking down Atlanta protesting the death of poor "Porky". Crazy world ain't it.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/27/13 - 05:36 pm
Hogs are no problem-with a

Hogs are no problem-with a good dog-just grab them and tie em up. Now don't get between a sow and her little piglets you don't really won't to fool with that at all. I fear da momma much more than da daddy boar. What's amazing is how quickly the wild type phenotype of the hog is expressed once in the wild. I've seen feral hogs with huge tusks and incredible thick shields.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 07:30 pm
Nude PETA girls

Aren't they at the Discotheque every Friday night
Pretty Entertaining, ........
Y'all have to figure out the rest yourself.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/27/13 - 08:18 pm
So What The Big Deal

My grandsons living in Brandywine Subdivision, Evans hunt Wild Boars in their backyard. Euchee Creek runs through it and they see them almost everyday. There are many subdivision all around Brandywine.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/27/13 - 08:43 pm
Yup, I remember Hogzilla

There were stories of an 800lb hog killing horses, etc. in ColCo. He DID rip a horse or two, but as I recall, when they rounded him up it turned out to be 1/2 that size or less; still a big chunk of pork. 800 pounders can barely walk.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/27/13 - 08:55 pm
KSL
KSL 09/27/13 - 09:08 pm
I have had wild boar. It was

I have had wild boar. It was good.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 09/27/13 - 09:35 pm
Nothing like a good 'ole pig

Nothing like a good 'ole pig pickin'

Nocnoc... That's a lot better than what I had...Pretty Entertaining They Are...

Scots reject independence in historic vote

EDINBURGH, Scotland — Scottish voters have rejected independence, deciding to remain part of the United Kingdom after a historic referendum that shook the country to its core.