Rants & Raves

OUR MUNICIPAL golf course known as The Patch is a disgrace to this city. Red Douglas would turn over in his grave if he saw this so-called city golf course in a town where the biggest and best golf tournament in the world is held. Come on, get it together.

I’VE SEEN PEOPLE from where I work standing in line for free stuff, pretending to be homeless. Why doesn’t someone put a stop to it?

COLUMBIA COUNTY Code Enforcement, how about a little enforcing of the code? It seems like half the residents on Columbia Road have used cars for sale. The last time I checked this was not zoned for a used-car lot.

WHAT IS THE politically correct term for black people? Years ago it was Negro, then colored, then African-American, then black.

I SURE HOPE the rest of the world doesn’t view all Americans as if we are all like the Kardashians.

INSTEAD OF PUTTING a bus monitor on the bus with the bully, why not take the bully home to its parents for a good old whipping? You people don’t want to face the problem and solve it.

A RANT FOR people you have known for more than 28 years and thought you were their best friends, but when a member of the family passed away, you were not even asked to give a prayer at the graveside. Sometimes you don’t know people as well as you think you do. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you.

A RAVE FOR Little Jakes in Wrens for their good service. The waitresses are great and they have the best potato salad to be found. Thank you, Burton, for having such a nice place.

I’M TRYING TO fly, but there had been a train parked across the tracks for the past 30 minutes and I can’t get to the airport.

RAVES TO THE manager at the Harlem IGA, Mr. Richard. He is always kind and polite.

THREE CHEERS for Mr. Putin; zero for our Congress.

NOT ALL OF the commissioners are crooks and thieves. There might be some who are, but mine is not. He donates part of his salary back to the community.

Darby
Darby 09/28/13 - 04:12 pm
".....why not take the bully home to its parents for

a good old whipping?"

Yeah! That's the ticket! Oh, wait... those are the irresponsible people who created the bully to begin with...

harley_52
harley_52 09/28/13 - 04:33 pm
"JAIL DOESN’T CURE anything. Jail doesn’t fix anything.....

....JAIL DOESN’T CURE anything. Jail doesn’t fix anything. Jail teaches crooks and drug dealers how to be better crooks and drug dealers."

That's true, but it's only true because we (as a society) want it that way.

Jail is supposed to be punishment, not a place to be treated like a spoiled child. People in jail should be miserable. They should work sun up to sunrise. They should perform difficult tasks. They should live in tents, surrounded by concertina wire and armed guards. If you want a model, see the movie "Cool Hand Luke."

People should fear prison. It should be a deterrent to crime. Thanks to liberals, they don't and it isn't. It's a place to go to relax, get some nutritious food, finish your education, learn a trade, and use the law library to appeal your case.

happychimer
happychimer 09/28/13 - 05:41 pm
My husband and I enjoyed the

My husband and I enjoyed the get together this afternoon. Thanks to all, and especially Sean Moore for giving us a tour of the Chronicle and answering our questions. Down town was very crowded and will be even more people in town tomorrow.All of you who were not there, you missed out.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 09/28/13 - 06:57 pm
@happychimer

I enjoyed it too. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

raul
raul 09/28/13 - 07:18 pm
I must not have been paying

I must not have been paying attention. I had seen some discussion of a get together, but nothing firm. Maybe next time.

happychimer
happychimer 09/28/13 - 07:23 pm
raul I saw plans posted on

raul I saw plans posted on r&r and the meeting place was confirmed this morning. I'm sorry you missed it. Sean, maybe next time I can bring Rambo. He doesn't bother anybody. He just stays around my neck or hides in my pocketbook.

KSL
KSL 09/28/13 - 07:45 pm
Small group, but we had a lot

Small group, but we had a lot of fun. A very special thanks to Sean for the tour.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/13 - 08:06 pm
Sean,

the tour of the AC made the get together really worth it. You made a good tour guide and completely enjoyed it.

KSL
KSL 09/28/13 - 09:03 pm
Happy, I don't know who gave

Happy, I don't know who gave you the thumbs down, but I cancelled it.

The Savage Madame
The Savage Madame 09/28/13 - 09:36 pm
Hi Sean!

I enjoyed the tour! Thanks!

Our get togethers are always fun. It was fantastic seeing everyone today, and I missed you CBBP!

happychimer
happychimer 09/28/13 - 09:48 pm
KSL you can cancel? that

KSL you can cancel? that shows I know nothing about the ups and downs.thanks

SB3
SB3 09/28/13 - 10:36 pm
hc,

He meant that he evened it out with an up-thumb.

Darby
Darby 09/29/13 - 11:57 am
"THREE CHEERS for Mr. Putin; zero for our Congress."

What? Not even an honorable mention for the Great and Powerful