Rants & Raves

OUR MUNICIPAL golf course known as The Patch is a disgrace to this city. Red Douglas would turn over in his grave if he saw this so-called city golf course in a town where the biggest and best golf tournament in the world is held. Come on, get it together.

I’VE SEEN PEOPLE from where I work standing in line for free stuff, pretending to be homeless. Why doesn’t someone put a stop to it?

COLUMBIA COUNTY Code Enforcement, how about a little enforcing of the code? It seems like half the residents on Columbia Road have used cars for sale. The last time I checked this was not zoned for a used-car lot.

WHAT IS THE politically correct term for black people? Years ago it was Negro, then colored, then African-American, then black.

I SURE HOPE the rest of the world doesn’t view all Americans as if we are all like the Kardashians.

JAIL DOESN’T CURE anything. Jail doesn’t fix anything. Jail teaches crooks and drug dealers how to be better crooks and drug dealers.

INSTEAD OF PUTTING a bus monitor on the bus with the bully, why not take the bully home to its parents for a good old whipping? You people don’t want to face the problem and solve it.

A RANT FOR people you have known for more than 28 years and thought you were their best friends, but when a member of the family passed away, you were not even asked to give a prayer at the graveside. Sometimes you don’t know people as well as you think you do. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you.

A RAVE FOR Little Jakes in Wrens for their good service. The waitresses are great and they have the best potato salad to be found. Thank you, Burton, for having such a nice place.

I’M TRYING TO fly, but there had been a train parked across the tracks for the past 30 minutes and I can’t get to the airport.

RAVES TO THE manager at the Harlem IGA, Mr. Richard. He is always kind and polite.

THREE CHEERS for Mr. Putin; zero for our Congress.

NOT ALL OF the commissioners are crooks and thieves. There might be some who are, but mine is not. He donates part of his salary back to the community.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:10 pm
I'll Cut right to the point ...... a Major RANT

I am ashamed of the following Senate Republicans (RINO's) today and will support the Tea Party efforts to replace them and other tax, spend and waste politicians come next election.

Those that vote YES, to approve Budget with Obamacare added back in after the house removed it. are listed below.

Info Source:

The following no longer represent those that elected them.
Alexander (R-TN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)

An 2 that did not even bother to show up.
Not Voting
Flake (R-AZ)
Hatch (R-UT)

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:12 pm
Sell the Patch

Then lower our taxes.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:14 pm
You ask what the politically correct term for black people is?

It hasn't changed its still American.<'strong>

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:15 pm
nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:18 pm
President Putin

is nothing to cheer about. He is a a step short of a dictator who is playing around the Russian Constitution.

Much like our President is trying to do also.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:21 pm
"NOT ALL OF the commissioners are crooks and thieves.

I agree, there is 1 that I trust and 2 maybe's.

However, the problem is the other 7 are crooks and have the controlling votes.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/27/13 - 06:24 pm
....people you have known for more than 28 years...

Quit whining, it is about a family burying a loved one.
The funeral is NOT ABOUT YOU having a spotlight moment.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/27/13 - 06:35 pm
Caught By Train

I bet the railroad tracks were there before the airport.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/27/13 - 08:16 pm
Dull

My mind is a little bland tonight.

But I must say that nocnoc and Riverman1 are sharp, sharp, sharp.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/27/13 - 08:32 pm
Prayer at the Graveside

I thought that prayer at the graveside rant was one of the more bizarre we've had in a long time.

charlie marlow
charlie marlow 09/28/13 - 07:05 am
Ranter 4

I'll answer your question with a question: What's the politically correct term for white people?

As you go about your day, try this exercise. When referring to people with different skin colors, use terms like, "that man", and, "that woman". Basically, refer to them the same way you would refer to white people. I know this is going to be hard for you, but, with practice, I am sure you can get over your latent racism and see that we are, all, people.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/28/13 - 07:05 am
Curious

"I’VE SEEN PEOPLE from where I work standing in line for free stuff, pretending to be homeless."

I'm curious as to where you work and where you saw them standing in line for free stuff?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/28/13 - 07:20 am
Racial Identifications

Charlie Marlow, identifying someone by race is not being racist on any level. It's simply an identifying mechanism such as male or female is. It's used on many government forms and has pertinent applications in medicine. In law enforcement it can also be valuable. Your belief that the person asking what is the appropriate term to use is a latent racist is well...racist because it infers there is something wrong with being described as black. Nothing could be further from the truth. The black is beautiful cultural movement sought to do exactly what you are against.

charlie marlow
charlie marlow 09/28/13 - 07:45 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/13 - 07:46 am
2:00 pm Today

8th St. Fountain at the Riverwalk. I'll be there with Mrs. ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts!! Red Shirts everyone!!! If you're curious my vehicle is a blue truck with a production company logo on the doors!!
See you all there!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/13 - 07:50 am
The Patch

Used to be a fairly well maintained municipal golf course. Sell it to someone who wants it or pay a management company to run it as it should be. Cheap or Free golf is not a right or a necessity for life. It isn't subsidized by Obama yet!!!! At least, not that anyone knows about!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/13 - 07:54 am
Political correctness

It has gotten out of hand!! OK, if you don't want to be called something don't use that term everyday to people of your own race, especially in public! If you do, don't act offended when someone from a different race uses it!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/28/13 - 07:59 am
The Patch? Section 8 golf,

The Patch? Section 8 golf, period.

Ethnic description? Agree with the question; just settle on something so I don't offend. Charlie Marlow: When speaking with a black person, it is common to hear them use "white guy" as a further defining description; as in "the guy in the meat market, the tall white guy." The same use is applied to hispanic, oriental, etc.

harley_52
harley_52 09/28/13 - 08:05 am
"The black is beautiful cultural movement....

....sought to do exactly what you are against."

Very true.

So does "Miss Black America," "Black History Month," "100 Black Men In Augusta," "NAACP," "The Black Congressional Congress," all of the so called "Equal Opportunity" programs, including laws that award extra points for being black when competing with people of all other races for contract awards, college admissions, or SBA loans and assistance.

Liberals have skewed much of our society toward providing extra benefits to a group of people identifiable ONLY by the color of their skin to the exclusion of all other American citizens, regardless their skin color.

If you want a description of "institutionalized racism," that's it.

Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady 09/28/13 - 08:06 am
Politically Correct

I used to work with a lady who always said, "I'm not black. That telephone is black. I am Pecan Tan."

She was a wonderful friend and I miss her.

harley_52
harley_52 09/28/13 - 08:08 am
Turn The Patch...

...into a farm. Use trustee jail occupants and people assigned "community service" by courts for farm labor. Use the produce to feed the prisoners and the homeless, selling the remainder (if any) at the Farmers' Market and using the income to help pay the cost of the farm.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/28/13 - 08:08 am
Jail

I, as much as any of you, have little empathy for criminals. However, as a realist, I know that the vast majority will walk again among us sooner or later.

We have a choice; either we can have a more hardened anti-social animal that will recidivate in short order, or we can structure a system that will offer some incentives and opportunities that most of these people never had.

I'm sure a substantial number will not conform or change, and those should spend their lives there after re-offending, but those that see the light and rehabilitate themselves should have an opportunty to be a contributor and not a taker, and it is in our own self interest to provide and promote that opportunty for them.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/28/13 - 08:12 am
Harley, you are playing my

Harley, you are playing my tune about prisoners. I think, given an oportuntiy, many would jump at the chance to do something productive rather than sit around all day dreaming up mischief to entertain themselves. Heck, even dogs need exercise and activity to stay balanced.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 09/28/13 - 09:40 am
Man-made global climate

Man-made global climate change is real. Ground under Alaskans in melting.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/28/13 - 09:50 am
Climate Change?

You've provided an opinion as a fact!!! The current trends are proving all these so called scientists who want to keep getting Federal Grants wrong!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/28/13 - 09:51 am
Warmist

Hey, welcome back, Rev. Cain. Interesting story. There was one in the Associated Press the other day saying that the Arctic Ocean ice pack has been growing lately, and the really cold weather is a couple of months away.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 09/28/13 - 09:53 am
IPCC scientists explain why a

IPCC scientists explain why a short-term slowdown in temperature rise doesn't mean climate change is fake.

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/28/13 - 10:09 am
KSL
KSL 09/28/13 - 11:55 am
Well there is a truly

Well there is a truly unbiased source.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 09/28/13 - 12:13 pm
My husband and I are running

My husband and I are running a few minutes late. We will be at the fountain as soon as we can. The phone been ringing off the hook and people been showing up here. husband been helping grandson with car.