Rants & Raves

EVERY TIME THERE is an act of terror, we are reminded not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few. Isn’t it time the 80 million peaceful gun owners are given the same treatment?

WHY IS RICHMOND Coun­ty going to make people pay for lots that are not habituated? We bought the lot next to us so no one would move in or build there. We were told that empty lots generated rubbish, and ours does not! It was bought solely for us to have a lot between us and the next house. Our taxes should not show this, and we should not have to pay anything! We are retired and on a set income. Now we are considering selling the lot because we do not want to pay for trash pickup taxes, especially since we don’t have a trash can over there! This is ridiculous. What do others think?

NAZI SABOTEURS landed by submarine on U.S. soil in June of 1942. All were captured later that month. Tried by a military commission and found guilty, they were executed on Aug. 8, 1942. 9/11 happened 12 years ago. We have yet to execute any of the terrorists we have in our control. We will never beat these guys.

ATTENTION, PARENTS of public school students. Examine very carefully Common Core that is being taught in Georgia schools. Teaching is being taken away from teachers and is now in the hands of some far-off government types with their own agenda. If you’re involved with your kids’ education, I suggest a talk with them and their teachers is in order.

AIKEN COUNTY NEEDS to have security at the Aiken library. They are mostly women who work there, and it’s not safe for them to go out to a parking lot at dark.

I HEARD THE HOUSE on Circular Drive is now owned by a bank. You would think if a bank owned a piece of property they would want to sell it as soon as possible, but how can they do that when it looks like a dump?!

OUR JAILS ARE FULL of people that are completely capable of performing a day’s work. Why doesn’t the county put these people to work cleaning up our neighborhoods? They could start by cleaning out the ditches on Circular Drive.

THEY DON’T WANT TO patrol downtown (without extra money extorted from downtown businesses) and they don’t want to respond to automobile accidents. Could the sheriff publish a list of what he does want to do?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/13 - 08:37 am
Thugs are here too

This am I read that a woman walking her dog was robbed.....black male jumps out of a rv with a gun & steals her phone....a so called safe park near Hamilton Mill had car windows broken & purses taken.....a black male was seen on video using the credit cards....I am totally disgusted with our world...INSANE to live in fear of getting robbed 24/7....anyplace in our world .....should we stay inside all the time...
We talk about jerks in other countries...well HELLO, they are with us here!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/26/13 - 08:38 am
B4

I hate it when someone catches me in a tiny fib....Yes I went to the Appling PO but wasn't for stamps. I'm fascinated by pretty women..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/26/13 - 08:40 am
Well

Interesting story, CG. Your water probably tastes better than your neighbors who have shallower wells.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/13 - 08:41 am
OK cgee

I can understand why you would visit THAT pfc...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/26/13 - 08:43 am
Yea,

BUT the idea of being allowed to own ANY KIND of gun is taking that right to an extreme that should be illegal!!

another liberal mind that thinks the 2nd is an illegal piece of crap. A click on a downer is the only thing they can accomplish in their life.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/26/13 - 08:45 am
Darn

it is almost 9 am and sitting here....my body need work to survive, see you all late.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/26/13 - 08:56 am
RM Deep Wells

In Richmond Co. before the county started sinking wells everywhere. the depth was 110 to 130 ft. as the norm to reach the aquifer.

My Info Source: Julian Cadell South Richmond Co. hands down Best Well Digger.

CG lives up by the start of the Ga Rock Line, just on the edge of the Aquifer.

300 to 400 ft. for a 4 inch well is about right from what I have heard.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/26/13 - 09:01 am
Could the sheriff publish a list of what he does want to do?

Speed traps.

By while COPS in in town we can expect some, make RCSO & Augusta Look Good High Profile Arrests.... all located far away from Washington Rd/ National Hills.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/13 - 09:02 am
Here is what yall don't get

The news hurts sometimes.....the southside was my home for many years.....just to see the damage done to a great area causes pain...just to see homes that my daddy built turn into a SLUM makes me sick..

What you see there, is actually happening all over the USA.....in clusters of towns & "some" folks think they are safe because they live in a nice area...YOU ARE NOT!

It grows & spreads...county after county....soon you will have dog walkers robbed....safe parks invaded with crooks...we either have to get real & do something or give up.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/13 - 09:19 am
SEEYA

I can be sad all by myself this am...some on here don't know the history of parts of Augusta...those that do know will understand my feelings.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/26/13 - 09:37 am
I am not a native Augustan as

I am not a native Augustan as many of you are. I first found Augusta in 1986 by way of Ft. Gordon. At that time the Regency Mall was a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon. But then we had "courtesy patrols" to make sure a bunch of young soldiers didn't cause any trouble. I had lots of fun there, especially the time I met a sales clerk at one of the mens stores....... but that isn't a story for here.

Point is even though I am a relativity late arriver even I can see the changes all over the CSRA, not just Augusta.

Pops
Pops 09/26/13 - 09:37 am
I went to Fleming

and grew up across from Butler. I am deeply saddened by the current condition of that area......

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/26/13 - 09:39 am
Auto Zone had 15% greater income

Auto Zone had 15% greater income this year. When the economy is bad self-help places such as auto parts stores do well. Makes sense with this terrible economic climate.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/26/13 - 09:58 am
"I feel really sad about the

"I feel really sad about the citizens of ARC that are being handcuff and screwed by there own government for garbage service."

CG.....It's to be expected from a downtown government that was specifically designed to rape and pillage the "conquered" rural areas. Rezone their land, raise their taxes, cut their police, fire, and ambulance service, and force them into municipal garbage service with a built in profit margin for the county slush fund, and then cut their garbage service in half and KEEP THE MONEY. Oh.....and KEEP that DUAL PROPERTY TAX AND FEE SYSTEM so that the rural folks can subsidize services for the "old city" residents.

It's what happens when you CONSOLIDATE and seat you government in a slum.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 09/26/13 - 10:23 am
@LL 10:34pm

The vast majority of R&Rs are anonymous. If the ranter wants to contact me. I can get them in touch with one of our reporters and/or editors. After that it will their decision on whether or not to wrote a story.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/26/13 - 10:54 am
Sean

I have never heard anything back from the Info and photo's that I submitted to AC's "The Mess". I have seen no inspection or action done from Columbia County. That's OK, I have a lot of pictures that I will share in a court room when the time comes.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 09/26/13 - 11:54 am
@CG

We have already received so many "Pardon our Mess" suggestions, that we can't possible cover all of them. The editor has your submission; hopefully he can get to it eventually.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/26/13 - 11:57 am
Mess Submissions

That is great, Sean. I'm glad so many people are responding to the Pardon Our Mess feature. I'm sure Fred (What, me worry?) Russell is glad to get the information, too. Not that he'll do anything about it, mind you.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/26/13 - 12:04 pm
As with SeenitB4 I miss the old South Augusta!

It was where we were raised and it was where we raised our families. Those neighborhoods as we knew them are gone with the wind. Wonder why? We all know the answer!

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/26/13 - 12:06 pm
@Riverman1

Just let the water and power bills be drafted.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/26/13 - 12:27 pm
SweetSon

My next CC water bill I'm going to check it and see if I can start up an auto bank draft. I didn't know you could with it. I guess the info is on the bill somewhere?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/26/13 - 12:30 pm
Hertz Drop Means What?

Hertz and other car rental companies dropped a lot today in the market. Why would car rentals be decreasing, assuming this is the reason? Maybe business is slowing and reflected in rentals sort of like transportation stocks are leading indicators?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/26/13 - 12:38 pm
NocNoc, interesting post

NocNoc, interesting post about the Columbia County aquifer.

happychimer
happychimer 09/26/13 - 12:46 pm
When we were making payments

When we were making payments to a mortgage company, they were holding the checks and claiming the payments were late, even when I mailed the payment 2 weeks early. They sent threatening letters and phone calls, and charged late fees. I got in a heated argument with them. They said I had to mail my check along with the payment coupon. I told them I would no longer do that. they said I had to or they would take us to court. I told them to bring it on, and that I would fix them. I set up payments on billpay on the bank's website, and problem solved. There was nothing they could do.

KSL
KSL 09/26/13 - 01:02 pm
nocnoc

It is 240 on this sand hill below the fall line.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:25 pm
"If the cost of stamps goes

"If the cost of stamps goes any higher, I'm going to drive my letters to their destinations."

If I give you 50 cents, will you drive a letter to Hawaii for me?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/26/13 - 01:42 pm
There Goes My Idea

"If I give you 50 cents, will you drive a letter to Hawaii for me?"

Dang, and I thought I had a great idea of how to make some money. Heh.

happychimer
happychimer 09/26/13 - 01:43 pm
Riverman go to billpay on

Riverman go to billpay on your bank's website.Add new bill and you should have a place for name and account number. You can do this with any bill. I choose the date I want a bill to be paid. The bank emails me when they send it and when it is paid.

happychimer
happychimer 09/26/13 - 01:43 pm
Riverman go to billpay on

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:51 pm
Riverman go to billpay on

--Sorry...I couldn't resist. :-)