Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for some of the clinics at Fort Gordon’s Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center: EENT clinic works like clockwork. Very smooth operation. Immunization clinic, the LPN who gave me a shingles shot was near painless as you can get.

REGARDING THE “visceral reaction” of Augustans to the use of the word “slum” to describe downtown Augusta: I say, the shoe fits pretty good. As for the mayor’s and commissioners’ responses, those are predictable, seeing as how the mayor seems to show up only for favorable photo ops and the commissioners are, once again, clueless as to anything other than their own selfish, greedy, narcissistic concerns.

RANT TO ALL tailgaters. Don’t be getting mad at me. Take you(r) frustration out on the police. I didn’t make the speed limit. I just go as fast as the law allows.

I’M SICK AND TIRED of the news. I don’t watch it any more except for the weather. They lie about Syria. I turn the president off.

IF AUGUSTA IS a slum, we taxpayers sure do pay enough to keep it that way.

ALL AUGUSTA Commis­sion members should resign; none of them is interested in Augusta. All they are interested in is getting their pictures in the paper and going to those conventions free on taxpayers money.

WE DO NOT need to get into Syria. The president is wrong, wrong, wrong.

POLITICIANS HAVE reached the point where they admit that they lie in order to get something. Augusta politicians are willing to call a non-slum area a “slum” so that they, the politicians, will end up with even more tax money to then waste.

HOW CAN OUR city officials defraud the state government by saying Augusta is a slum and then come in the newspaper and say it is not? They are just saying that to get the money. Isn’t that fraud?

THE SRP FEDERAL Credit Union will begin charging $1 for their customers to receive their monthly statement? They used to give their members benefits not available from banks. This credit union is making more money and (has) nothing to spend it on except building more branches. They have to know that many older members don’t even use the Internet?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/25/13 - 11:55 am
Saturday

Saturday will be about fellowship and getting to know one another!! Any baiting, taunting or attempt to start a problem will be asked to leave. It WILL be friendly and cordial! Or I'll shine my boots!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/25/13 - 02:30 pm
post

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 02:56 pm
Thanks sweetson

I'll try to locate a bar/grill & plug in..ha

If you really want a cavity search I'll hunt some good looking nurse forya! :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 02:58 pm
Well now...I might as well stay at home

Any baiting, taunting or attempt to start a problem will be asked to leave.....lol lol

It might be worth some trouble if coldbeer gives me a spanking!!!

50 Shades type spanking! ♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 03:17 pm
CBBP

I have been to 4 get togethers, 3 that I put in play. No politics or religious debate made the scene. They were all great.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 03:43 pm
cgee says

"They were all great"

Well...except for the time I body wrestled a gal & we ended up on the floor & they threw us all out of the restaurant....thank goodness we had some lawyers & police in our crowd & we didn't have to stay in jail for long.....oops---that was another crowd-not yall!!!! :):)

happychimer
19565
happychimer 09/25/13 - 04:23 pm
the few get togethers I have

the few get togethers I have been to have all been pleasant. no arguing, no politics, no religion fussing.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 09/25/13 - 04:26 pm
Will countyman be there?

Will countyman be there? countyman you would enjoy meeting other posters. They all would welcome you.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 09/25/13 - 04:34 pm
Let me get something

Let me get something straight. lil nicky said that about education as a joke. Can't you take a joke?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/25/13 - 04:41 pm
Boots

The offer to shine my boots was in jest. I look forward to everyone being there and meeting those who I haven't met yet. We're all friends, with differing opinions and that is what makes everyone unique and such great contributors on here. Sean, we look forward to seeing you and anyone else from the Chronicle brave enough to venture forth!!! I do hope Countyman will attend, even though we give him a hard time we really do look forward to his posts and insight!!

KSL
KSL 09/25/13 - 04:56 pm
cbbp

Well, I will wear a dark red shirt. My friends will realize that I can't bring myself to wear a bright red shirt on a Saturday in the fall.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 09/25/13 - 05:00 pm
I can wear a red shirt.

I can wear a red shirt.

KSL
KSL 09/25/13 - 05:19 pm
cbbp

I called an old friend of yours who no longer posts on the AC. She will be there.