Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for some of the clinics at Fort Gordon’s Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center: EENT clinic works like clockwork. Very smooth operation. Immunization clinic, the LPN who gave me a shingles shot was near painless as you can get.

REGARDING THE “visceral reaction” of Augustans to the use of the word “slum” to describe downtown Augusta: I say, the shoe fits pretty good. As for the mayor’s and commissioners’ responses, those are predictable, seeing as how the mayor seems to show up only for favorable photo ops and the commissioners are, once again, clueless as to anything other than their own selfish, greedy, narcissistic concerns.

RANT TO ALL tailgaters. Don’t be getting mad at me. Take you(r) frustration out on the police. I didn’t make the speed limit. I just go as fast as the law allows.

I’M SICK AND TIRED of the news. I don’t watch it any more except for the weather. They lie about Syria. I turn the president off.

IF AUGUSTA IS a slum, we taxpayers sure do pay enough to keep it that way.

ALL AUGUSTA Commis­sion members should resign; none of them is interested in Augusta. All they are interested in is getting their pictures in the paper and going to those conventions free on taxpayers money.

WE DO NOT need to get into Syria. The president is wrong, wrong, wrong.

POLITICIANS HAVE reached the point where they admit that they lie in order to get something. Augusta politicians are willing to call a non-slum area a “slum” so that they, the politicians, will end up with even more tax money to then waste.

HOW CAN OUR city officials defraud the state government by saying Augusta is a slum and then come in the newspaper and say it is not? They are just saying that to get the money. Isn’t that fraud?

THE SRP FEDERAL Credit Union will begin charging $1 for their customers to receive their monthly statement? They used to give their members benefits not available from banks. This credit union is making more money and (has) nothing to spend it on except building more branches. They have to know that many older members don’t even use the Internet?

SB3
SB3 09/24/13 - 05:56 pm
SRP FCU

If enough people take their funds elsewhere and say why they're leaving, maybe the credit union (and some of these other institutions nickel-and-diming people to death) will finally get the idea we're fed up. I've closed two accounts recently for similar reasons. My main account is with USAA, who still treats us with respect.

harley_52
harley_52 09/24/13 - 07:04 pm
USAA...

....in all their business lines, is the best there is.

If you're eligible for it, you should be using it.

harley_52
harley_52 09/24/13 - 07:57 pm
"I’M SICK AND TIRED of the news....

....I don’t watch it any more except for the weather."

That'll show 'em.

I can understand the sentiment, but If I'm going to be run over by a truck, I'd like to see it coming so I can jump out of the way.

harley_52
harley_52 09/24/13 - 08:02 pm
"THIS IS A RAVE for some of the clinics at Fort Gordon’s...

....Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center"

A superb facility. I salute them and commend them for the fine work they do.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/24/13 - 08:06 pm
It is hard to believe anything coming out of Washington DC

anymore.

Today we learned.
Barack Obama has 19.5 Million fake Twitter followers, who don't really exist.

#2 The 1st lady first lady has 23.4 million fake followers.

Out of the VP's 502, 485 followers , 231,143 are fake followers.

White House's has 1,556,661 fake followers.

While the Administration is the worst for fake accounts,
There sizable numbers on both sides of the asle who have credibility issues.

QUESTIONS:
Now why would someone spend so much effort to fake so many followers?

Are our politicians being hoodwinked to quote them as supporters and adjusting their votes accordingly?

Besides who has the time and resources to dummy up such a large number of fake accounts? Twitter, the NSA, SEIU who?

See this url for details.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/24/13 - 08:16 pm
Which leads me to a major RANT

Why is it I have to read European Newspapers to find out what my USA papers should be breaking the news on?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/24/13 - 11:53 pm
I Like Ike

About Eisenhower Med. Cen....I like Ike. About USAA, yep, I've been with them for decades for auto and home insurance, credit card, brokerage account and IRA.

KSL
KSL 09/25/13 - 01:39 am
Fake president of the United

Fake president of the United States, why not fake twitter followers. He also had fake voters.

KSL
KSL 09/25/13 - 01:51 am
And he has fake records, or

And he has fake records, or locked up, no one can see records.

I hae so ofen wondered why his supporters had no interest in why he has been so secretive about his past. Never have we had a POTUS we knew so little about. I guess we have also never had such a huge number of uneducated voters before.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 06:57 am
Good Morning "Go Truckers" America

“Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook Page Gets Pulled

I bet you won't believe this one!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 06:59 am
Have Seen

no word on this Saturdays proposed get together, so I assume it is a NO NO.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/25/13 - 07:16 am
Saturday

Sorry Everyone, I've been a little busy. Does the 8th St. Fountain at Riverwalk sound like a good gathering spot. 2:00 pm Everyone wear a Red shirt.. That will make it a little easier for us to pick out who we don't know!! We can meet and decide where to go from there!! Please, everyone who can try to make it. If there are enough of us we should be safe there!!!! ;)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 07:41 am
CBBP

Sound good with me. (I feel confident we will be "Protected" there!)

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/25/13 - 07:58 am
CG, I email several of the group.

When I did not get a response to any inquiries, I told my people I would attend the short notice meeting?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 08:00 am
Your email

is what prompted my 06:59. I had forgot about it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 08:02 am
I Support This 100%.

I think this is what is needed to squash some nuts in our government today. Maybe even save America.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/25/13 - 08:05 am
If You Noticed

That new site from FB book is even being Jam with voice override. This is causing fear in the making.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/25/13 - 08:17 am
A RAVE ....I like this guy's thinking,

He could have shot the burglar, like many of us would have. But he would have been late for work.

So he Hog Tied Burglar and left him in the front yard for police, then left for work asking the wife to call 9-1-1.

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 08:49 am
This slum thingy

It just won't go away.....if we say it enough will we get dang sick & tired of it!
Let me try...slum-slum-slum-slum-slum-slum-slum--ok, I'm tired of it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/25/13 - 09:02 am
About USAA: I like that

About USAA:

I like that commercial. Ft. Benning, Georgia 1999.

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 09:08 am
I try to stay current w/news

I am Sam
I am Sam
Sam I amThat Sam-I-am!
Than Sam-I-am!
I do not like
that Sam-I-am!Do you like
green eggs and ham?I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like
green eggs and ham.

Would you like them
here or there?

I would not like them
here or there.
I would not like them
anywhere.
I do not like
green eggs and ham.

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 09:50 am
Ga county can't pay bills..it's coming folks!

SYLVESTER, Ga. —

Commissioners of a south Georgia county are looking to take out a loan to cover the county's payroll at the end of the week.

WALB-TV (http://bit.ly/16wVNUr) reports Worth County commissioners voted Tuesday to find a bank willing to lend it $350,000 they can use to pay county employees with.

The station reports the county, which sits between Albany and Tifton, took out a $750,000 loan earlier this month and has about $40,000 available to pay employees with.

County officials say they're expecting insurance bonds to provide them with about $600,000 in the next few weeks.

The station reports two county commissioners weren't present for the vote, and the county attorney recently resigned.

Following the vote, the commission went into an executive session to discuss personnel matters.

___

Information from: WALB-TV, http://www.walb.com/

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 09:52 am
Some ridicule us for saying this

When a county can't pay for the salaries of gov workers you have a big PROBLEM...you can't hope that a new tax will pass to pay the bills.....we say that on here & get slapped down when we do.....we see the hand writing on the wall.

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 10:04 am
Good ole boy has spoken

He just told me where I will be this weekend....weell it won't be the csra ...someday we will be together.....someday...

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 10:14 am
Body cavity search info

Just for River ...throwing a cig out the window caused this search..DANG

Totally INSANE!!!!!!

seenitB4
119021
seenitB4 09/25/13 - 10:28 am
Blackberry cobbler

1 prepared pastry dough for a double crust pie

3 cups blackberries

1 cup sugar

1 cup water

3 Tbs. cornstarch

1/2 cup half and half

3 Tbs. butter, melted

2 Tbs. sugar

Place the blackberries, sugar, and water in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch and the half and half until smooth and pour into the blackberries, bring back to a boil and then turn off heat. The mixture should be just starting to tighten, but don't let it sit and boil or it will tighten too much. It should be sort of soupy when place it in the cobbler.
oven---350 for about 45 minutes

I'm leaving yall with something sweet to think about...we have enough ugly all the time..ya know whatta mean RM & CGee:):)

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/25/13 - 10:36 am
If you dont like being "tailgated,"

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!! YOU are NOT a cop!!!!!

Darby
Darby 09/25/13 - 12:12 pm
"....Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical

Center A superb facility. I salute them and commend them for the fine work they do."

I like them as well. Still, they haven't quite reached perfection. Not yet, anyway.

I like to tell this story. I went to the lab to have my blood drawn. Must have been a Newbie because she tried four of five times, never once finding a vein.

Her failed efforts began to attract the attention of the others seated there, waiting for someone to get to them.

A supervisor finally noticed the persistent attempts and stepped in. She drew all the blood anyone would ever need, painlessly on her first attempt.

At which time, my "Newbie" turned to the crowd of waiting "victims" and asked in a loud and confident voice, "Can I help someone else?"

In unison, they all looked away or down at the floor, silently.

I, though, suppressed a chuckle.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/25/13 - 11:54 am
@SeenitB4

Hey, take your laptop where ever you go and stay in touch. We can't stand it when you are not around!

I wish someone would try a body cavity search on me! I would issue a stinky surprise!

Hope you have a good time wherever you go in life!

happychimer
happychimer 09/25/13 - 12:22 pm
I got no email about the

I got no email about the Saturday get together. my husband and I should be able to be there. I got wind that a long-ago poster might be there. Y'all remember Li'l Nicky? He said he would like to be there to continue educating on education.if he is back in town. hahahaha

Augusta VA announces 'Summer of Service' to recruit volunteer help

The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is launching a "Summer of Service" to address veterans' health care, housing and employment needs by creating and building partnerships with residents in the ...