Rants & Raves

I’M SO GLAD Ariel Cas­tro saved us the expense of housing him for years. Now the ultimate final chapter would be if his relatives cremated him and scattered his ashes over a dog park.

IF WE HAVE TO have a ground attack by warm bodies, why don’t we gather all those guilty people on death row and life sentence cells who are the most physically and murderously harmful and dump them into the Syrian or other war zones? They would be the best to create harm and havoc on the worst of the dregs of Syria. Include those teens who shot the war hero in that first batch.

IF MILITARY ACTION will deter others from using WMD, why didn’t the last 10 years of military action in Iraq and Afghanistan deter the use of chemical weapons in the first place? I believe the use of chemicals was deliberate to goad the U.S. into unilateral action. The ultimate goal of almost every Muslim over there is to eradicate Israel. However we apply military action, cruise missiles, bombing, etc., these radicals will tell the world the action originated in Israel and use it as an excuse to combine forces and attack. We will then be forced to put “boots on the ground,” and WWIII will result.

IT’S HARD TO believe that Congress, as inept as they are, cannot find enough to impeach Obama.

PERHAPS IF John Kerry had all the thousands of innocent people lined up, laid out and videoed in this country that were killed by senseless criminals each year, he would understand why Syria, as tragic as it is, should be a lesser concern for U.S. citizens.

RANT TO THE THIEVES who stole the golf cart on 4-H Club Road. Thanks for stealing away the good time I have riding my grandkids around. Thanks for taking away a gift my deceased father gave me. When I replace it, come back; I will be glad to give you a ride to Posey’s Funeral Home.

TRIPLE RANTS to the coliseum authority and Global Spectrum for failing to reimburse the RiverHawks owners for the canceled games from last season. Hey, here’s an idea: declare the JBA a slum and get some money to build a new arena in a part of town that’s not a slum; plus, you could pay off those pesky debts – a win-win!

countyman
20725
countyman 09/22/13 - 11:01 pm
Private construction

Last rant... The JBA and Regency Mall should be at the top of the list for bulldozing.

No word on the exact location, but Chipotle is coming to Augusta in 2013 or 2014...

Major corporations and businesses obviously don't read the Augusta Chronicle.. Every single day the citizens of Richmond County must listen to the sky is falling comments, but new businesses continue to come here..The first Cabela's in the state and third location in the southeast. The first H&M in the state of Georgia outside of metro Atlanta, and their are zero existing locations in South Carolina. The first Michael Kors store in Georgia outside of metro Atlanta, and South Carolina has a total of zero boutique stores(only three outlets). The Whole Foods, movie theater, Texas Roadhouse, etc...

Imagine the type of private growth if this city were actually progressive, and several citizens across the metro weren't against every single idea to improve Augusta. The city desperately needs more people under the age of 35 in key positions from different ethnicity.. Why are the commissioners mostly over the age of 50 all the time? The majority of older people want to be in bed around 10pm... There obviously needs to be some type of balance on the commission for the younger generation.

I'm picking either REI, Dave & Busters, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, or Trader Joes to open here soon in terms of the retailers not presently in the metro.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/22/13 - 11:18 pm
Chain Restaurant Food Is Unhealthy

Countyman obviously likes to eat out. Watch out for excess carbs, fats, salt, and sugar in those fancy chain restaurants, Countyman. Us taxpayers will be eating our canned beans.

KSL
KSL 09/23/13 - 12:54 am
Broken record.

Broken record.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/23/13 - 06:26 am
If I list several businesses

If I list several businesses I would like to come to Augusta I am sure at least one would make it here eventually... well maybe not since not everybody is a pervert.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/23/13 - 06:32 am
Speaking of perverts and

Speaking of perverts and businesses , have you noticed how much crime has increased in the area around the X-Mart? I realize that a lot of people disapprove of that business but will you now admit that you simply didn't want it, not that crime would sky rocket.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 06:50 am
Promoting Discrimination

Countyman, that sounds like you are making prejudicial and derogatory statements concerning anyone over 35. Most of us try to be tolerant of race, religion and age.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 06:54 am
ctyman ctyman ctyman

The posters didn't call Augusta a slum...your LEADERS did that toya....about the 50 something ole folks going to bed...yeh you are righton...they are the workers & dang tired of supporting EVERYBODY..get real man.....if everything is really as rosey as you say...why the slum name???

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 06:56 am
Nepotism and Favoritism

We learn repeatedly that any Augusta project that spends large amounts will also find incompetent people on the payroll while the capable ones are excluded. Nepotism and favoritism go hand in hand with Augusta projects.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:05 am
declare the JBA a slum and get some money

I thought the whole downtown was declared a slum...

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:06 am
"Different Ethnicity"

Countyman said, "The city desperately needs more people under the age of 35 in key positions from different ethnicity.. "

I have no idea what you mean about the ethnicity. The city is majority black now. The Commission is 5 blacks and 5 whites. How could it be any more diverse?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:08 am
Is ctyman hung up on this age thing..

He says...

Should they be cute & sexy too.....single maybe?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:13 am
ctyman says this too

Major corporations and businesses obviously don't read the Augusta Chronicle..

They most certainly do read this paper....you need to get out more & read the business section sometimes....& other papers.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:28 am
Ideal Commissioner

We need a candidate for the commission who is under 35, race listed as other and a member of the GLBT community who lives in a rented room downtown and likes to stay out in bars until 2am closing time. A slight disability of some kind would help, too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:19 am
But what kind of disability

Could it be a rose colored eye lens.....or a pie in the sky attitude....or just a happy happy happy feeling...all the day long.♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:20 am
DANG

I have it!! We need Phil from Duck Dynasty!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:25 am
He's too old. :)

He's too old. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:28 am
RKill...about that X-Mart

We have a store like that in our midst...it is called the Starship (I think) I find this place to be an outlet of sorts for some folks....not me, of course, but some "others".... there is a need for these places or they would go under.....I don't think the crime has increased here because of that store....but it is sitting right next to I-85 & businesses.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:29 am
Phil..Too old?

Probably too hairy for ctyman too!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/23/13 - 07:30 am
@ River

Braves made it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:32 am
Riverman

Do you get out of that enclave of yours (ctyman says you never do) just how often do you mosey down to "downtown" area?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:43 am
Let's just say Countyman has

Let's just say Countyman has his type bars and I have mine.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:45 am
JTF, Yep

Did you see Fredi Gonzalez crying in the dugout? Touching scene. Now let's take it all the way.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 07:49 am
X-mart Disclaimers

Seenit, referring to x-mart type places said, " I find this place to be an outlet of sorts for some folks....not me, of course, but some "others"....

Heh, heh, heh. I always love the way everyone puts a disclaimer in when they discuss the x-mart. "I went in there by accident once when I was driving down Gordon Hwy and thought it was a convenience store. I walked around the aisles for awhile looking for a RC Cola until I realized what kind of store it was."

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:53 am
Yeh,,,sure you did! :)

"I went in there by accident once

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/23/13 - 07:54 am
Rant about chemical weapons

"IF MILITARY ACTION will deter others from using WMD, why didn’t the last 10 years of military action in Iraq and Afghanistan deter the use of chemical weapons in the first place"

The purpose of The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars was very different from the treat and actual use of chemical weapons. These two wars were to fight terrorism, where as the treat to bomb Syria is to send a stern message about the use of chemical weapons.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/13 - 07:57 am
Speaking of terror

I was just thinking while watching the news...how easy it would be for the terror jerks to take over a mall right here in the USA....some say the groups originated from here..I just wonder what protection we have in place ...if any.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/23/13 - 07:58 am
why don’t we gather all those guilty people on death row

What makes anyone think that these people would behave any differently? The US would be considered worse than Nazi Germany for the War Crimes these people would commit! They are locked up for a reason..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/23/13 - 08:01 am
Downtown

I was downtown twice last week during business hours. There was plenty of free, on-street parking all over the place. It's not the time for parking meters yet.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/23/13 - 08:00 am
About impeachment

"IT’S HARD TO believe that Congress, as inept as they are, cannot find enough to impeach Obama"

I too have said the word "impeachment" toward Obama!! I think he has gone against his political promises several times!! My over-all discust is that troops femain in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is a very slippery slope to impeach a president! The amount of evidence has to be a huge amount!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/23/13 - 08:04 am
Bill Clinton was impeached.

Bill Clinton was impeached.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms