Rants & Raves

RAVES TO DRS. Dunni­gan, Joseph and Catalano and the employees at Doc­tors Hospital who made my surgery comfortable. You will always have a place in my heart. God bless all of you.

KUDOS FOR YOUR new business section. It is an improvement. It is worthwhile information. It’s up to date and it is good reading.

RAVES TO ANNIE Rogers at the Harlem Middle School. She is a very kind and caring person. I want to thank her for everything she has done for me and other people.

IF I CATCH YOU on my property, you are going to wish you were in the big house.

YOU KNOW THE company has gone to hell when you have a gas leak and you call the gas company and they tell you to call a plumber.

LORI NEWMAN is a wonderful lady and a hero.

RANT FOR THE individuals from North Augus­ta. Get your finances in order. You have a stadium to pay for. You are very rude for saying no new development will be built in the Midland Valley area. We already have Bridgestone, a mega tire plant, Sage Valley, voted the most beautiful golf course around, and now Sam’s Club. Yeah, that Midland Valley area. So come on over to your neighbors and spend your money, and remember North Augusta, be nice.

EVERYTHING OBAMA is doing with Syria is to make himself look good. We don’t belong in Syria; that’s none of our affair.

RANT TO THE Aiken County judicial system. I read that the known murderers of police officers have not gone to trial and are still sitting around eating good hot meals and watching color television while the relatives of the people who they killed sit and wait for justice. What has happened to our judicial system?

RANT FOR FAST-FOOD workers. When people ask for extra hot sauce, ketchup or mustard, can’t you understand that people want five or six, not just two? There is not that much in the packs.

RAVES TO A wonderful lady from Thomson and her son Frank who gave me a ride near Harlem. I can’t remember her name. Sometimes senior citizens can’t afford a car. May God bless her and her son.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/21/13 - 06:09 pm
No Rants or Raves today, just a shared observation

A lot of us have good hearts and are quick to help a person in need, especially when they are older and clearly in their 60+ later years.

We know the older generation has been hard hit over the last 15
years and there many in true need of assistance.

But here are 2 playing our kindness for $$$$$, that I came across today.

1.) 10:30am Waffle House Hwy 56 by Apple Valley the women came up to my wife frantic, crying and limping. She could bearly stand having lean on the car. Her car had run out of gas and she needed enough to get back home quickly for an emergency in Waynesboro. Another women happen to wave to me over while the wife continued listening. The other women said she was pulling this either here or at the other station quite frequently. So I returned listen a little and then asked her since she had an emergency in Waynesboro, maybe I could call a DEPUTY TO HELP HER. Her crying & whaling stopped so quickly I thought I was looking at adifferent person. She cussed us a few times, and turned around and stomped off without a limp or any walking problems now.

2.) 3:00pm - Older 60's women in a old beat up paint faded and pealing 80's/90's Dodge (boxy) type 4 door, Dark Blue, near as I could figure. Pulls up as we are leaving Office Depot. She start pleading, I'm running on fumes and needed enough gas to get home on Hwy 56, Could we spare a few $'s. We gave her enough for 3 gallons and she thanked us, blessed us and left. But we noticed she did not head to ANY of the nearest gas stations on Walton Way Ext. or by the station by the Movie house. No she headed to the Augusta Exchange parking lot and started stopping to talk other people, running the same CON all over.

The reason I wrote this is to remind people we are coming into the Season of Giving.

Lets make sure we give to those in need vs. those milking the system, our hearts and our kindness for a living.

dwb619
dwb619 09/21/13 - 07:38 pm
scams

I have thwarted a few with the "need gas" scam.
Just told them sure, pull up to the pump and I will pump you a few gallons.
Never had a "taker" yet.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/21/13 - 09:22 pm
Next Time I'll say

"I have been conned a few times by people claiming to need $$$ for gas, mind look at your gas gauge?"

The President Reagan "Trust but verify", process.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/21/13 - 10:07 pm
Anybody Rant About a Doctor?

I wonder if anyone has ever ranted about a doctor? That no good so and so....

KSL
KSL 09/22/13 - 01:33 am
The new Sam's Club is in

The new Sam's Club is in Midland Valley? By the skin of it's teeth. It is in the Valley water and sewer district. It surely could have been closer had it wanted to be. Don't forget, it wanted to be on Aiken's southside. It is spillover of Aiken. Claim it if you want, but it would not be there if not for Aiken.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 03:58 am
OK nocnoc

I should no better.

I came across a young lady at THE convenience store at (east bound) I-20 and Martintown Rd. She was going car to car, person to person, asking for money to get to …

I initially turned her down, went inside, paid for my purchase and got an extra $20 from the atm (which cost me) just because! Just because I couldn't stand the thought this women was legit and not just another “taker”. My conscience would not allow me to pass her by, even though my brain was flashing a “red alert”.

This happened in late August, I just saw her again yesterday, pulling the same schtick.

Dang It!!! I feel like an Obama voter!!!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 04:08 am
Rave#3 Enjoy it while you

Rave#3

Enjoy it while you can! I can assure you, these moments in your child's life will be few and far between!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 04:24 am
rant#10

An extra five or six? Man, you're hard core! An extra two or three usually does it for me. I mean, I just LOVES me some hot sauce, but beyond three usually just runs of on my pants – no matter how hard I try!

I would suggest asking for extra, extra (a single “extra” probably won't get it). When you drive up to the window – ask. Say, I need me some extra, extra hot sauce! Say it with authority! I'm sure they will provide.

Just ask t3bledsoe, these peeps are looking for $15 per hour wages, they dang sure want to please!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 04:26 am

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 04:51 am
Watching the “PLD” channel

Watching the “PLD” channel right now. Like to see what kind of music they display. Have caught quite a few acts I ended up spending money on, music I may have never heard! Bruce Springsteen is playing now, and he's LAME! I have no problem separating politics from art, but that dude just needs to go home!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 07:17 am
Greetings this early am cool morning...

Back on January 9th, a group of Wadesboro, North Carolina bikers were riding east on Hwy.74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Pee Dee River Bridge .

So they stopped. George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and says, "Hey Baby.....whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?" She says tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," George also didn't want to miss this "be-a-legend" opportunity either so he asked ..."Well, before you jump, Honey-Babe...why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another even better one.

After they breathlessly finished, George gets a big thumbs-up approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and then says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had! That's a real talent you're wasting there, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 07:19 am
In this area too...gas stations

We have had at least 3 people come up & ask for $$ to get home...usually at a gas station....we gave to the first 2, but we learned too...seems to be working for them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 07:21 am
Peach says hello to all..♥

Hi!
Enjoyed today's R&R, the discussions are always entertaining :)....had to laugh at your GOB's thoughts of reading the Sear Roebuck Catalogue in the 'outhouse'. We never had an outhouse, but I remember once when we went to Ashville NC up in the hills and they had an outhouse. I was about 10 yrs.old or so and deathly afraid of going in to it. And they did have a Sears catalogue in it.
I have fond memories of sitting on our porch (in Augusta) and cutting out 'paper dolls' from the Sears catalogue. We played with them like they were store bought. Oh! the memories. Kids today don't know what they missed.
Keep posting, I enjoy reading all.

Peach

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 07:28 am
I wonder if anyone has ever ranted about a doctor?

Well they goof up too yaknow....I'll rant about one in this area....works in a pain clinic in Snellville...
He didn't help & didn't want to take the time to look at a cd disc of xrays.....he wanted MORE rays taken instead...duhhh
I won't go back...

You can say whatever you please BUT from my experiences the doctor situation has gotten worse....if you are over 60 you find find MANY don't want to work with medicare & the future doesn't look all that great in medical care.
Thank goodness my ppo doctor is a good one.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/13 - 07:44 am
SeenIt

That biker thing totally reeled me in to the very end. Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/13 - 07:57 am
Save Richmond Cty Tens of Millions

The discussion the other day about providing transportation for alternative school students was interesting. Why does such a thing even exist? If we are going to be soft hearted and want them to continue their education they can do it with the Georgia state online school. No need to waste county mega millions on those who misbehave.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 08:05 am
That biker thing totally reeled me in

Haha..I've never had trouble reeling in the "big" fish....just the skinny wise fish jump off my hook! :):)
But, I'm working on them too!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/22/13 - 08:25 am
Seenit@7:17

Whoever gave Seenit the thumbs down @ 7:17 must be a cross dresser with hurt feelings.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/22/13 - 08:28 am
Good Morning America

Not much in the R&R's today.

I got this from one of us yesterday and thought is was cute.

Really, it made a lot of sense.

Obamacare
IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE MEDICAL PROFESSION HAS IT COVERED.

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package. The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve. Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!" The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter". The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were [filtered word] off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no. ER Docs said the whole thing is going to crash!

In the end, the Proctologists won, leaving the entire decision up to the ***holes in Washington .

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 08:32 am
Hah cgee

When I read some of the raves from some posters about the revitalization of downtown....I think some of them need a good proctologist......a reaaaly good one.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/22/13 - 08:44 am
Want A Doctor Name

But I shouldn't because he paid his debt to society and seems to be running a good OGBYN practice now.

BTW:
Some of his patients still have fond memories of his exams ;-)

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/13 - 08:47 am
Louisiana pink

And here it was me thinking I was doing the fishing with the Louisiana pink.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/22/13 - 08:53 am
Ah Yes!

After reading yesterdays comments, the massive usage of calling fellow posters "Stupid", "Ignorant", "Idiot" , "liar" is an indication that those words are now allowed.

So With That Said:

You TSD are nothing but a "Stupid", "Ignorant", "Idiot" , "Liar", self-proclaimed human without the Go-nads to even make one posted comment providing a justification for your Ameba action.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/13 - 08:58 am
SeenIt made a powerful somewhere

SeenIt made a powerful comment today somewhere. I'll let y'all find it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/22/13 - 09:07 am
America Has Come A Long Way

"A college student was denied handing out a copy of the U.S. Constitution on Constitution Day."

This is not the America I have lived in and fought for.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/13 - 09:01 am
hah

You might have to tell me too....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/22/13 - 09:05 am
Our

King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer and Sickle man has been supporting Al-Qaeda for 5 years now...I wonder what support he will give Kenya?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/22/13 - 09:05 am
Rant about Obama

"EVERYTHING OBAMA is doing with Syria is to make himself look good. We don’t belong in Syria; that’s none of our affair"

Obama's "legacy" has been tanted by this Syrian thing!! Much of it his fault, BUT some of it is just the situation itself!! We know Assad is a dictator, Democrats; like Obama; don't like dictators and DO LIKE helping "freedom fighters" EVERYWHERE!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/22/13 - 09:08 am
About break-ins

"IF I CATCH YOU on my property, you are going to wish you were in the big house"

It is too, too bad that George Zimmerman was not protecting his property!! Enough said!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/22/13 - 09:11 am
SeenIt, heh, it may be lost

SeenIt, heh, it may be lost in all the....:)