Rants & Raves

A GIANT RAVE FOR the Richmond County landfill. I am doing a large home improvement project and have had to make several trips to the landfill. The entrance is well-maintained, the staff courteous and the areas where waste is disposed of are clean and the people working there are courteous and helpful.

THIS IS A RANT for the new garbage pickup. It’s Wednesday, and there my garbage cans are filled with maggots, roaches and flies. Even though I make sure all of the trash is tied up in plastic bags and continually spray the cans with insect repellent, the once-a-week pickup is horrible. This certainly does not make our environment cleaner, smarter and greener. I’m wondering if others are having these problems?

TO THE FAMILY who is looking for a full-time housekeeper: They don’t make those anymore. I am a professional housekeeper, but we are no slaves anymore in Augusta. You might have to do your work yourself.

DON’T WORRY ABOUT labeling downtown a slum. It has been a slum for the past 50 years.

THE TEXAS GUARD is refusing to process same-sex benefits. Good for Texas!

A SINCERE THANK you and very big rave to the westbound truck that flashed its lights to me and all eastbound traffic on Bobby Jones to let us know the police were hiding in the bushes waiting to give tickets.

I AM A SENIOR citizen from Richmond County who is very disgusted with the trash service being put on our taxes. I feel strongly that we should have had a vote on whether we wanted it on our taxes or not. If we could pay it monthly, it would be much easier for people on Social Security.

I WILL RAISE MY children to stand up for things they can change and to always run from what they are afraid of, especially if it has a gun and a badge and practices Nazi-type Gestapo authority. You raise your kids, I will raise mine.

U.S. REP. JOHN Barrow says, “You and your doctor know what’s best for you.” If he really believed that, he’d fight to end Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare and all government interference into people’s private business. Since he never tries to end these government power grabs, he prefers government meddling.

THE WEAPONS OF mass destruction argument didn’t work so well. It’s time for the Obama crew to bring out that tried and true line: “It’s for the children.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/13 - 07:25 am
One of the best songs of all time

The pic of the old radio in this song reminds me of my grandparents radio....I watched them listen to the news on that thing...papa would light up a hand rolled Prince Albert from the can.....a lone light bulb hanging from the ceiling...granmama would stand next to the stove & usually she was cooking something delicious....her biscuits were out of this world.....Tom Dooley (the dog) was waiting for the left overs.....I'm so lucky to have the great memories of my grandparents...

Breakfast is calling me....so talk toya later...

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/21/13 - 08:04 am
Riverman1 - “ I did remember

Riverman1 - “ I did remember something exciting about the old brick and mortar libraries. The National Geographic magazines with the photos of the nude natives.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/13 - 08:04 am
Sorry just couldn't resist this one

The many uses for cucumbers

Sometimes I think I'm the straight man for River (the comic)..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/21/13 - 08:23 am
Y'all

Fred said, "Nothing like bracelet sized nose rings and saucer sized lip discs to keep pubescent boys excited about a visit to the local library."

Well no one is perfect. They were pretty much naked is all we cared about. I could overlook those saucer sized lip discs for a goodnight kiss when I was about 14. Imagine THAT kiss.

SeenIt, heh...I like the way the cucumber article started, "Get your mind out of the gutter." What have the comments come to this morning. Enough. Heh, heh.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/13 - 08:52 am
Good Morning "PlayBoy" America.

"What have the comments come to this morning."

I will always remember the day that the First edition of Playboy hit the walls of my school. I think it was the beginning of that classmates Entrepreneurship. He was getting 5 cent for one minute viewing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/13 - 08:58 am
CGee--- I had to tell you this

GOB said his first nekkid wimmen were the sears catalog underwear models....he looked & wished over while sitting in the outhouse .....in a little quaint town near Crawfordville Ga.

ahhh the good ole days :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/13 - 08:58 am
Speaking Of National Geographic,

5 or 6 years ago I gave away 37 years of every edition of the National Geographic to the Martinez Library. I always found the articles in it very interesting. It is now the NRA.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/13 - 09:05 am
"ahhh the good ole days"

Funny that you mention that B4. At 0630 this morning while sitting on the lower patio, polluting the Cobalt air and watching the 100's of geese taking off, I was remembering the many good ole days of my past. Then when I came back in and turned on the news, reality took over and killed those memories.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/21/13 - 09:18 am
"I WILL RAISE MY children

"I WILL RAISE MY children .........to always run from what they are afraid of, especially if it has a gun and a badge"

And we will always be able to recognize them. They will be the ones on COPS....with an officer straddle their back....hollering "I didn't do nuttin' mane"......and the officer hollering "give me your other arm..quit resisting".

Some children are born with a mental handicap......some are mentally handicapped for life by their parents.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/21/13 - 09:18 am
Riverman1 - saucer sized lip

Riverman1 - saucer sized lip discs - yep, I was pretty much a master, er um, ...researcher, of the subject.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/21/13 - 09:38 am
The Myth of the loving peaceful Liberal

Skimming the headlines today I have noted the increasing demands of Murder and Physical attacks on conservative minded voters or groups.

Has the loving peaceful Liberal image become a Myth?

2 Examples:
Democratic Official Allan Brauer Wishes Death on Ted Cruz Aide’s Children

University of Kansas journalism professor suggested on Monday he would like to see the murder of the children of National Rifle Association (NRA) members.

There are many other such incidents in the NEWS. But still NO arrests have been made for Terroristic Threats as of today.

Which has me even more worried, because it is slowly
establishing that it is OK to threaten Conservative people and
groups with death or harm.

The next step after that, is a Liberal Nut Job doing it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/21/13 - 11:17 am
Training your kids to fear

Training your kids to fear and run from the cops?...... We look forward to seeing them in the obituary section then. Now THAT's some good parenting. @@

happychimer
happychimer 09/21/13 - 01:59 pm
Angela you really look

Angela you really look forward to seeing kids in the obituary section? Wow!

tanbaby
tanbaby 09/21/13 - 02:11 pm
well at least we now know for

well at least we now know for sure that we will have yet ANOTHER generation of thugs to support in prison or just from sucking the system dry, thanks to ranter #8....not surprised at all though....and it will never be the kids fault...it's always someone else...maybe because they are being oppressed.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/13 - 04:33 pm
Darn Happy,

Why would you say something like that. Angela in no way would like to see kids in the obit. Read between the lines before jumping.

Heck, why don't you say I love waiting for that parent to have his door bell ring as stated in my comment.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/21/13 - 05:27 pm
happychimper

I agree with Cobalt,

uncalled for, and without basis in fact. Then again, I suspect this is nothing new for you.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/21/13 - 06:38 pm
happy

“looking forward” look at the literal definition of the phrase, that is if you're able. Yes, yes, I know it's not easy to ignore the oprahized version of the term, but try!

happychimer
happychimer 09/21/13 - 09:39 pm
Her statement is clearly in English. I know how to read.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/22/13 - 12:18 am
hapchimed

The phrase "looking forward" means “to look into the future and assume/guess/ what is going to happen based on all available data/information/research”.

Now, it would fit into your agenda if conservatives (i.e. those that REALLY care) meant the oprahized version of the phrase – which is to mean “I wish for”.

Hate to break it to ya, but us conservatives usually operate under the REAL meaning of words.

If you want to debate and comment on the pretend version of words and phrases you have to let us know ahead of time.

Ya, ya, I know, it doesn't quite fit into your peg-hole view of the world, but hey, give it a try – you might be surprised at what you'll learn.