Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LIBRARY BOARD, WHEN are you going to take action against the so-called director? She is worse than the last one.

THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS golf tournament in the world will be held by a slum? Yeah, that makes sense.

“WHERE DO YOU want to go for vacation, Honey?” “Let’s go to Augusta, the Garden Slum of the South.”

WHAT A WAY TO get more government handouts by calling downtown Augusta a slum. This is a real joke, and whoever came up with this idea is the kind of person or people who cause Georgia and our country to have such a financial problem.

NORTH AUGUSTA officials are claiming the city is in need of millions of dollars of taxpayer money to build Project Jackson and give money to the wealthiest developers. Please vote “no” on Project Jackson.

RAVE FOR THE doctors, nurses and assistants on floor 6 South at MCG. They were terrific.

A HUGE RAVE to the Mangelly School of Music Accordion Band for the outstanding concert at the Augusta Museum of History on Grandparents’ Day. They did a fantastic job for the enjoyment of all who attended.

A 17-YEAR-OLD was indicted in a deadly party shooting. It’s getting to where it’s a deadly idea to go to a party.

LIBERAL MEDIA, HUH? The conservative media are alive and well in Fox News and The Augusta Chronicle. At least give a different viewpoint now and then on your editorial page.

WHO MADE THE decision to not show the men’s tennis finals?

AUGUSTA COMMISSION members sure got their feathers ruffled about the Laney-Walker revitalization and it being called a slum. If it sounds like a duck and it walks like a duck, it must be a duck. They don’t want to take the responsibility that the people gave them to govern this city. My suggestion is that all commissioners go through their district once a month and see what the conditions are in this town.

IF YOU SEE A CAR parked on the other side of a residential street, please don’t park directly across from it. That makes it hard for traffic.

IT IS ALMOST TIME to pay our property taxes. I wonder whether they ever found that money that was stolen out of that safe? When we pay our taxes, is it safe to pay with a check? What happens if our checks get stolen?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/17/13 - 09:12 pm
I live on the South Side,

If only a Quarter of every dollar collected from the South Side is being spend on the South Side, shouldn't our Taxes be a lot less?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/17/13 - 09:13 pm
A rant about really bad reporting

The only thing the AP got right in the initial 2 hours was "There has been a Shooting." The AP and other wire services started quoting "anonymous sources" like they were well placed creditable sources.

Today we are told
The FBI says Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis had a shotgun when he entered a building and took a handgun from a guard inside after he started firing.

What about all those nameless witnesses that saw a AR15 that was NEVER there yesterday?

Who are these Anonymous Sources that were used to plant false data ?

Word on the street is they may turn out to be congressional staff members of a few congress people. The ones still seeking a ban on a certain weapon even though that weapon was not used in the last 2 such incidents.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/17/13 - 10:38 pm
Joe Biden

Vice-president Joe Biden is responsible for planting the gunman's plan in his head. It was Joe Biden who told the world in a recorded press conference, “Use a shotgun.” That was the voice in the head of the killer — Joe Biden saying, “Use a shotgun.”

KSL
KSL 09/18/13 - 12:04 am
Is there no limit to the lies

Is there no limit to the lies some members of Congress, the White House, and staffers will go to?

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/18/13 - 07:39 am
Antisocial behavior. Off to the asylum. Off to the Gulag.

Antisocial behavior. Off to the asylum. Off to the Gulag.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/18/13 - 07:40 am
Antisocial becomes anti government in a totalitarian state.

Antisocial becomes anti government in a totalitarian state.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/18/13 - 07:41 am
Satan uses weak minds to commit evil acts. It is EVIL at work.

Satan uses weak minds to commit evil acts. It is EVIL at work.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 08:52 am
To this rant

"WHAT A WAY TO get more government handouts by calling downtown Augusta a slum"

When you constantly have YOUR hand out for freebies...you lose your pride, self esteem, & good sense.....words just glance off your back, you take the low road because you have NEVER driven on the high road.......that is what is happening all over the USA!

Some are so blind that they can't see this.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 08:57 am
Gimmie gimmie gimmie

Some say just give me my piece of the pie......what some don't realize is, that they have been cutting the WHOLE pie for some time now....if you have the votes to change your destiny (Richmond county does) the pie is the one you baked & sliced....maybe some of the sugar has left for greener pastures....it is YOUR pie now.

David Parker
David Parker 09/18/13 - 08:58 am
Anyone hear what happened in

Anyone hear what happened in Shenandoah Ridge apartments yesterday around lunchtime? Appears there was a gunshot victim and strong police presence on Blue Ridge Drive. I can't find mention in ACH.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/18/13 - 09:09 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 09:11 am
Suggestion of sorts

I have been racking my brain about the problems in the county....esp south Augusta side...
We all know we need more jobs for the youth, some hope in having a future in this world....instead of dumping MILLIONS on a marble palace ...why not invest some in buying & renovating the Regency Mall....make it a tech--hands on school ...jobs jobs jobs..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 09:27 am
From my heart

I just want to say something to the poor families reading these pages...I came from a poor family...we didn't have extras in our life...I can relate to doing without & wishing I had what others had...(others on here like Riverman can to).
I cut grass & babysat for a few dollars....made some of my clothes in high school so I wouldn't have just hand me downs...this made me want a decent job & want to work for more in life......what I'm saying is...many of us on here made it without gov freebies...you can too & sometimes it is the kick in your behind that makes you succeed in life..
anyway....enough talk today....see yall later.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/18/13 - 09:30 am
Augusta National Out of the Slum and Into Columbia Cty

I realize this is very controversial and I don’t expect to see it happen anytime soon, but what if the Augusta National decided to move out into Columbia County? Trust me, I understand the history and tradition of the National, but the course could be duplicated out in Columbia County in a better environment with plenty room at a fraction of what they are paying trying to buy up houses around the current location.

The holes are not so sacred that they can’t be touched. They are continuously being redesigned, tees moved, vegetation changed and so on. I believe with the technology we have today it would be possible to create an amazingly similar course in a much better location. Think about it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/18/13 - 09:32 am
SeenIt, good ideas

SeenIt, good idea about making Regency Mall a tech school. Also, it's good to point out how those of us coming from poor families used that background to make us work harder to succeed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 09:33 am
The Appling National :)

Yep..that does have a ring to it!

:):)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/18/13 - 09:42 am
Typical media lapdogs

"http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/18/did-the-navy-yard-shooter-try-to-buy-an-ar-15/"

augustarookie
augustarookie 09/18/13 - 09:58 am
Soggy car and food

Rant to Bojangles on Washington Road. They need covers at the order station and pick up windows so that when it rains, customers don't get soaked trying use the drive thru.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/18/13 - 10:00 am
One more thing

Thank you peach for your kind words (in other places)

She says we entertain her & she appreciates us very much!

We do have some characters on here ....some are worthy of their own Duck Dynasty show!

Pops
Pops 09/18/13 - 10:01 am
I think the National would

opt out of the city/county and form their own before they uproot and move......they could name themselves "Palmerville".....

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/18/13 - 10:03 am
"So is there any way to only

"So is there any way to only pay the same percentage of Taxes, that are actually being used on the South Side vs what is collected?"

What a novel idea. I'm sure they will implement that about the same time they CONSOLIDATE everyone under ONE COUNTYWIDE TAX and FEE SYSTEM instead if the ILLEGAL, DISCRIMINATORY, DUAL STANDARD system we have been under for 17 YEARS. I think they call the tax districts URBAN and SUBURBAN but I call them SUBSIDIZED and SCREWED.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/18/13 - 10:05 am
The Appling National

Not a bad idea. Could rent out my two camping site for big $$$$$$$.
Nobody has taken up the offer that I gave for camping free.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/18/13 - 10:07 am
Did I Miss

information on the meeting of the Minds at the AC proposed for next week end?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/18/13 - 10:11 am
SeenIt's alter ego

I think Peach is SeenIt's alter ego.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/18/13 - 10:32 am
Cobalt

Most of us are too old and stiff for camping. I won't overnight anywhere within an hour's drive of my bed at home. I may hang out/sleep until I'm OK to drive if it has been an evening with adult beverages, but I'm still coming home.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/18/13 - 10:34 am
After my time in the Army I

After my time in the Army I swore I'd never go tent camping. Maybe in a RV.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/18/13 - 10:44 am
Well RM

The one on the other side of Cobalt Lake is equip to commentate an RV up to 38'.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/18/13 - 10:46 am
My 10:07

got a TSD. That has to be a case of Mental Illness.

Darby
Darby 09/18/13 - 11:07 am
"It's getting to where it's a deadly

idea to go to a party."

Getting to where..????? To late for that. It's a risk just to step out the front door.

That's just life (or the threat to life) in the twenty-first century.