Rants & Raves

RANT TO THE Richmond County Coliseum Authority and Global Spectrum. You still owe the RiverHawks for the games that were moved out of the JBA last season. Am I surprised? Sadly, no. It’s not a mystery why people are leaving the county and businesses are reluctant to come.

SO NOW WE have to attack another country to “avoid being mocked” and to prevent our president from looking bad. Too late! Obama should stay on the teleprompter when talking about foreign policy.

WHY, WHY, WHY do they bring in these “SuperSportscasters” like Brent Musberger to call football and baseball games? He has absolutely NO talent at all ... but he keeps showing up like a bad penny.

UGA ON FRONT page of sports after opening game. Georgia Tech on page seven after opening game. Georgia Southern on page 10 after opening game. Do you have to be so biased? There are many GT and GSU alumni in the CSRA who would like to see their teams get equal coverage. Why not rename this paper The Athens Herald?

IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical that we elect strong Democrats in November, who can stand up to obstructionist Republicans.

DEANS BRIDGE ROAD between Gate 5 and Wal-Mart looks awful! Never seen so much trash. The roads in Columbia County never look like that.

KEEP YOUR FEET off the furniture in the Oval Office please, Mr. President.

RANT ABOUT LETTERS to The Editor. Don’t you just love when a newspaper refuses to print your Letter to The Editor when there was no profanity in it? This after a very wordy editorial about freedom of speech in the newspaper. Go figure!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 12:16 pm
Rant about Obama's feet

OMG.... There isn't another Rant (like mine for instance) that can be commented on instead of something as trivial as feet on desk??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 12:22 pm

"The "thumbs" ratings often have a lot more to do with who's making a comment than with what they have to say."

I thought you'll had a name for the "thumbs down giver". Isn't it the troll.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 12:24 pm
Thumbing a person as opposed

Thumbing a person as opposed to what they say shows great closed mindedness.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 12:25 pm
I'm not much for name

I'm not much for name calling, Tim.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 12:50 pm
Thumbs down haha

Yall worry tooo much about the downers on here....how do you think Cgee & I got our points??

It certainly wasn't our "charming" personality! :):)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 12:38 pm
Oh, I'm not worried about

Oh, I'm not worried about it.....I just wonder what kind of person disagrees that the President shouldn't put his feet on our furniture.

happychimer
happychimer 09/15/13 - 02:32 pm
There are more important

There are more important things to concentrate on than worrying about the President propping his feet on furniture.

harley_52
harley_52 09/15/13 - 02:43 pm
"Thumbing a person as opposed to what they say....

....shows great closed mindedness."

True, perhaps, but expecting a system like this to make any sense at all, or worrying about how some people might choose to use it, shows great naivete.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 03:05 pm
chimer....we shouldn't let

chimer....we shouldn't let the little things in life go, just because there are more important things going on.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/13 - 03:54 pm
You Know What B4,

I not really crazy about seeing presidents with their feet on the desk to show Machoism..BUT...if by chance, if I live long enough and a shapely female like Palin wearing mini skirts was to become president and use the now non-existing president feet position as in the pictures.....I have to admit, I just may have a change of feelings.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/13 - 04:02 pm
Oh Please

don't pick on my TSD Friend. You have to maybe realize that "IT" has not progress by his early days of Thumb Sucking and now it is living with a life long handicap.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 04:57 pm
HA @ 12:25

"I'm not much for name calling, Tim"

Unless someone else is named "Tim", I am pretty sure "this time" you are talking to me. Has the curse been broken??

BTW: Don't you normally take Sundays off? It seems to have worked out great for me!

Darby
Darby 09/15/13 - 04:58 pm
"I have to admit, I just may have a change

of feelings."

Okay, now CG...

I want you to go right now and wash your mind out with soap.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 05:46 pm
CGee

You so baaad! :)

and I ♥ you for it..

harley_52
harley_52 09/15/13 - 06:18 pm
CG....

Probably not since Abraham Lincoln and all his top hats have there been so many beavers in the White House as that would bring.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 06:38 pm
For Rebellious

You questioned the solution on the entitlement thread..:)

My sweet man...you didn't pickup on the "key" words....

so let me attempt to replay some of them...

work together
get their piece of the pie
diverse groups
sit at table together
show compassion
what about family
caring & loving each other
yards cleaned next door

I chuckled when I read some of this.....tell that to the gov runned commish in the counties that are minority governed....such as Fulton county. It just so happens that gov jobs in Fulton have been 85% filled by minority groups....what some don't realize or don't want to admit--THEY HAVE THE WHOLE PIE right now.

happychimer
happychimer 09/15/13 - 07:12 pm
I never heard anyone complain

I never heard anyone complain about a President putting his feet on the oval office desk till Obama did it. Obama this. Obama that. For goodness sakes, if most of you could hear the man break wind, you would say it was too loud or not loud enough.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 07:18 pm
Happy

I hope he doesn't do THAT in the oval office..:)

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/15/13 - 07:50 pm
After Billy Boy and Monica, I

After Billy Boy and Monica, I figure the sanctity of the Oval Office, and it's furniture, is pretty well shot.

rebellious
rebellious 09/15/13 - 09:04 pm
@ SeenitB4

And she wants to be mayor? Puleeze, let's just sing Kumbaya right now! Bless her heart!

But you took more effort than I wanted to put into boiling that rambling dribble, stream of unconsciousness into cognitive statements.

But you have been doing that here for posters for awhile, so you have the experience.

Surely you had a Youtube to go along with it. Maybe the Beatles "Come Together"

He bad production
He got walrus gumboot
He got Ono sideboard
He one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knees
Hold you in his armchair
You can feel his disease
Come together, right now
Over me

He roller coaster
He got early warning
He got muddy water
He one Mojo filter
He say one and one and one is three
Got to be good looking
Cause he's so hard to see
Come together right now
Over me

Makes as much sense as that LTE.