Rants & Raves

RANT TO THE Richmond County Coliseum Authority and Global Spectrum. You still owe the RiverHawks for the games that were moved out of the JBA last season. Am I surprised? Sadly, no. It’s not a mystery why people are leaving the county and businesses are reluctant to come.

SO NOW WE have to attack another country to “avoid being mocked” and to prevent our president from looking bad. Too late! Obama should stay on the teleprompter when talking about foreign policy.

WHY, WHY, WHY do they bring in these “SuperSportscasters” like Brent Musberger to call football and baseball games? He has absolutely NO talent at all ... but he keeps showing up like a bad penny.

UGA ON FRONT page of sports after opening game. Georgia Tech on page seven after opening game. Georgia Southern on page 10 after opening game. Do you have to be so biased? There are many GT and GSU alumni in the CSRA who would like to see their teams get equal coverage. Why not rename this paper The Athens Herald?

IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical that we elect strong Democrats in November, who can stand up to obstructionist Republicans.

DEANS BRIDGE ROAD between Gate 5 and Wal-Mart looks awful! Never seen so much trash. The roads in Columbia County never look like that.

KEEP YOUR FEET off the furniture in the Oval Office please, Mr. President.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/14/13 - 07:53 pm
Absence

The absence of profanity alone is not justification enough to get a letter published in the paper. You actually have to have something to say. You need some coherence of thought. You need to write complete sentences and use correct grammar.

On the other hand, you don't need any of that for the R&Rs.
:-)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/14/13 - 08:17 pm
#5

"critical that we elect strong Democrats in November, who can stand up to obstructionist Republicans."

Do you mean like those obstructionist Democrats during 6 of Bush's 8 years?

harley_52
harley_52 09/14/13 - 09:42 pm
Last Rant...

....There's something about that rant that sounds familiar.

harley_52
harley_52 09/14/13 - 09:49 pm
Feet On The Furniture...

I couldn't agree more with this rant. It sickens me to see the gross disregard for tradition and lack of reverence for the office of President of the United States and the White House displayed by the current President. His actions and demeanor cheapen the office and demonstrate disrespect for both the office of President and the former occupants of the White House.

He is a disgrace.

carcraft
carcraft 09/15/13 - 09:53 am
Harley, not to mention

And the historical artifacts given by other countries!

carcraft
carcraft 09/15/13 - 09:50 am
Do you mean strong Democrats

Do you mean strong Democrats like "you have to pass it to find out what's in it" Pelosi? The Unions are finding out how well that works!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/15/13 - 02:29 am
Disrespecting the Oval Office

I don’t know why y’all are worried about Obama’s feet on the desk when Bill Clinton, with Monica's help, spread enough gametes around the Oval Office to grease the wheels of Air Force One.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/15/13 - 04:46 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about lack of coverage for GT and Georgia Southern....um, you can't see that maybe Georgia was on the front page because they just played (and lost) to a top 10 school? And then they were on the front the second week because they just played (and won) to another top 10 school?? I would think that, if Georgia Tech or Georgia Southern were ranked in the top 10 and played another top 10 school, then yeah, put you on the front page.
Did you REALLY think the paper would put Georgia Tech on the front page after beating Elon??? Where the heck is Elon anyway??

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/15/13 - 05:48 am
It is clear to me we need to

elect a NEW Political party in all 3 branches of government to get the USA back on a constitutional track.

The current 2 parties are way too busy bickering and have forgot about MAIN STREAM America.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/15/13 - 06:06 am
The magic crimial age of 17 strikes again

An Fla. teenager was arrested and charged by Miami-Dade Police
for shooting and killing a 71-year-old man..

The Miami-Dade Police quickly identified the murder of 71 year old Miguel Pilotos as 17-year-old Jamal Jackson (according to reports hunted down the victim).

The Shooter

The Victim

While the Shooters Father was not available for comment,
the mother was located and quickly defended her son actions.

At this time there has been no word of any scheduled protests by any civil rights groups and no plans have been announced by any of the big 3 Reverends or notable Civil Rights leaders to fly in for media attention, donations and paid TV appearances.

Are we starting to see a developing pattern of pre-death sentence age, vs older Americans?

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/15/13 - 06:43 am
Athens Herald?

It does have a nice ring to it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 07:48 am
Feet on the desk

It bothers me too....can't explain all the reasons ..maybe just disrespect for the office.

Maybe it shows disrespect for others in the room also....I know I couldn't & wouldn't do it.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 08:02 am
Rant about Syria

"SO NOW WE have to attack another country to “avoid being mocked” and to prevent our president from looking bad. Too late! Obama should stay on the teleprompter when talking about foreign policy"

As long as The US can TRUST Russia to make a deal with Syria, there will be no military "punishment" on Syria. THE BIG THING is how can Russia be trusted??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 08:06 am
Rant about voting Democratic

"IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical that we elect strong Democrats in November, who can stand up to obstructionist Republicans"

I, being a liberal, think we have a big FAT CHANCE at the next presidential elections!! I think The Obama Administration has all but lost the Independent vote!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 08:08 am
Rant about LTE's

"RANT ABOUT LETTERS to The Editor. Don’t you just love when a newspaper refuses to print your Letter to The Editor when there was no profanity in it? This after a very wordy editorial about freedom of speech in the newspaper. Go figure!"

I'm pretty sure I sent this one in.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 08:15 am
LL @ 8:53 & harley @ 10:42

I can't believe you both are "MEAN" to me even when you don't know it's me!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/15/13 - 08:18 am
Unspoken rant

It is called a " LIVING WAGE", no guns, politics, no racism toward people, ETC.........

SB3
SB3 09/15/13 - 08:48 am
Living wage?

What you're refusing to acknowledge (over and over again) is that not all jobs are supposed to provide a "living wage" as you call it. If I hire a teenager to cut my lawn twice a month, am I supposed to pay enough for him/her to live on? Of course not. So why are entry-level, fast-food jobs now supposed to do it? Just because you feel they should? I feel you should provide me with enough to live on for responding to your argument. Where can I pick up my checks?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/15/13 - 09:16 am
I say give Bledsoe and like thinkers their way

Let's create "The Union of American Workers", and force inclusion of every non-exempt employee in the country. We can then make minimum wage $15/hr., with other wage scales proportionally set according to skill and education requirements. That should mean carpenters will command $40/hr if someone putting dashes in Kias on an assembly line is getting $35. Electrician apprentices should get at least $25/hr if someone at a McDonald's window is getting $15, and experienced electricians $50. People in my old industry who currently make $30/hr would need to get at least $60/hr to keep things in proportion. Nurses should get $60/hr too, and bartenders $35.

Sounds good to me! My house and car are paid for, so I won't have to worry about housing and transportation costs doubling. Food costs would be painful, but with incomes doubling, maybe we could make do....

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/15/13 - 09:17 am
"IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical

"IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical that we elect strong Democrats in November"

Yeh, I guess you SHOULD go for the STRONG ones because it is apparent you haven't been able to find any SMART ones. Even the unions are turning on you because they realize they have been screwed by the Democrat's stupidity like the rest of us working, taxPAYING, stiffs. Hey Nancy, let's hear it again: "We've got to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

There is a BIG difference between being an obstructionist and trying to stop a train from going over a cliff. Just because the sign on the train says "Gravy" and YOU want to ride it does not mean we shouldn't try to STOP IT.

carcraft
carcraft 09/15/13 - 09:58 am
T3, When I was starting out,

T3, When I was starting out, I worked 2 some times 3 minimum wage jobs to make ends meet. When I went to college I worked full time, went to school full time and jockeyed to make it work. I was in nursing and the Clinical hours didn't match the credits awarded, I think we put in about 12 hours to get three credits. We had to do prep for clinical time also. You do what you have to to make it work!

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/15/13 - 10:01 am
For the living wage idea to work

EVERYBODY would have to make the same wage no matter what they did.
Otherwise the prices for goods and services would rise to meet the increased product or services cost.

That is called Communism

In its 100 plus years since it was 1st tired, not one Communist country has allowed it citizens democratic freedoms, all became dictatorships.
The elite got everything they wanted and the workers did without or had a gun stick their head and/or killing 25% to 30% of the population.

Let me share the list of countries that tried the living wage of states owned and state run economies in the last 100 years:

China ---- Mao Ze-Dong 49 MILLION
USSR ----- Jozef Stalin 29 Million plus
Cambodia ----- Pol Pot 1.5 to 2 Million
North Korea Kim Il Sung 2 to 4.5 million

With the exception of North Korea everyone of them as reverted to market driven economy.

North Korea - while not a true living wage economy.
Uses about 2 million well paid and well fed military members to keep the estimated 4.5 Million defenseless peasant farmers in line to grow food for the elite and export it for trade goods.

Despite exporting food for elite tech stuff and creating NUKES, North Korea comes to the USA, Japan and other countries for food donations while their peasants farmers starve to death, in exchange for empty promises to stop its nuke program.

So there you have it, still want a True LIVING Wage economy?

Then you need to find a still true/pure Communism operated country.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 09/15/13 - 10:10 am
KEEP YOUR FEET off the

KEEP YOUR FEET off the furniture in the Oval Office please, Mr. President.

Which President? Several Presidents put their feet on the furniture.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 09/15/13 - 10:20 am
Take a look at 3 Presidents

Take a look at 3 Presidents with feet on the desk in the Oval Office.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 10:26 am
Happychimer....they should

Happychimer....they should ALL keep their feet off of OUR furniture.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/15/13 - 10:47 am
I can't believe someone gave

I can't believe someone gave a thumbs down to the statement that the President, all Presidents should keep their feet off of our furniture.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/15/13 - 10:48 am
Happy

I cringe at all the pics ....I feel it is an ego thingy...women wouldn't have the "need" to be macho & you wouldn't see a female doing this!

IF we ever do see a female doing this...I will eat my words..I mean it....I will tear up my comments on paper & EAT THEM!

Darby
Darby 09/15/13 - 11:03 am
IT’S ABSOLUTELY critical that we elect strong

Democrats in November, who can stand up to obstructionist Republicans.

Whoa! You're in trouble already. There's no such animal as a "strong" Democrat.

Devious, cunning, wily , scheming and/or shrewed... maybe. Anytime a Democrat is elected, he (or she) has to give away the store just to keep the keys to the front door.

Meanwhile, those "obstructionist" Republicans will keep insisting that elected officials follow the same rules as the "little" people out there.

While the Democrats keep breeding and cultivating new Lois Learners, et al; by the truckload.

BTW - There won't be a whole lot of either party elected in November, given that this is an "off" year election cycle.

Darby
Darby 09/15/13 - 11:09 am
Two of those guys with their feet on

the desk were hopeless losers. Ford and OzBama.

Don't care where their feet are. It's where their minds are that matters to me. That and what they accomplish.

History will not treat either of those two well.

harley_52
harley_52 09/15/13 - 11:13 am
"I can't believe someone gave a thumbs down....

....to the statement that the President, all Presidents should keep their feet off of our furniture."

I can.

The "thumbs" ratings often have a lot more to do with who's making a comment than with what they have to say.