Rants & Raves

TO YOU THUGS standing on the street corner with your drugs and guns: You think you are big men. You sperm donors think you are great men for all the kids you have claimed by number, not by feeding them. Do you want to see a real man, his picture was in a recent Sunday paper, and his name is Eric Turner. That is a man.

I TOOK MY chemo on the fourth floor of University Hospital; the nurses who work on that floor take good care of people.

RAVES FOR MR. MICAH at the Regents Bank in Harlem – a very nice, polite young man. I hope his boss is proud of him. He serves the people with a smile.

THE TRAP IS SET. Will the president take the bait? Iran is just waiting for the U.S. military intervention to give them an excuse to roll their army into Syria.

WHEN IS The Augusta Chronicle going to look into the raises the GRU police just got? They’re being awful quiet about who got what.

WHAT HAPPENED to pride in your work? I go to a fast-food drive-through. Nobody’s happy to serve me or glad I came. Instead they are mad at the world because they don’t enjoy their work. I think the three or four people that are actually working should get more money because they are probably doing the work of a couple other deadbeats.

RANT FOR BUSINESSES in Augusta and surrounding areas. Don’t you realize how offensive it is for patrons to go into your places and have to watch idiots with their pants down showing their underwear, especially in restaurants? Follow Fort Gordon’s example and have a pants-up policy.

TYPE 2 DIABETES and obesity exploded when corn fructose replaced cane sugar in sodas and processed foods about 1985. This was prompted by outrageous tariffs and quotas on imported sugar, impoverishing the Caribbean and Central America, thus spurring illegal immigration. Ethanol ruins our engines. Fertilizer runoff creates a huge dead zone in the Gulf. And yet, we let these Iowa corn people choose our presidential candidates!

TO THE COMMENT concerning the number of Georgia tags in carpool lines at North Augusta schools: Consider that these are most likely kids with divorced parents where one parent lives in South Carolina. My grandchild is one of those children.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 10:22 am
CobaltGeorge re:

CobaltGeorge re: @8:30am

Whatever happened to rails, tar, and feathers? How about pitchforks and scythes?

I can just imagine, most folks cringing behind closed doors, watching the “unruly mob” passing by, just waiting for Kathie Lee Gifford on the Today Show to instruct them on how to react!

What the hell happened to this country?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/14/13 - 10:50 am
Rant about fast-food workers

"I think the three or four people that are actually working should get more money because they are probably doing the work of a couple other deadbeats"

IT'S CALLED A LIVING WAGE!! I know I have argued many subjects "to death", BUT I will not bend on this one!! ALL OF YOU graduate economist point to a cost of living and higher prices!! Again, liberals see workers trying to make ends meet for their families. AND, with a living wage, many may be able to come off food stamps!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/14/13 - 10:56 am
LL @ 9:46

"
About this "boots on ground" thing:

A war not worth dying for is not worth killing for.

If we do not think an action taken by another country is important enough to commit troops to all-out war, then we have no business trying to "punish" the people there with limited air strikes.

The notion of "limited" war is immoral, in my opinion."

Didn't you just copy and paste this comment from one of the LTE's? Missile strikes, with no boots on the ground, isn't better than letting Russia handle everything?

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 11:08 am
“living wage”

T3bledsoe,

I appreciate you passion on this subject. Although you've alluded to it, you've never really answered the questions raised by others concerning the economic effects of raising “training” jobs to such a high level.

Time and time again, it's been pointed out that raising a flipper's wages to $15 an hour will actually hurt low income people, yet you consistently ignore that point.

Are you so invested in the idea that you refuse to even consider actual consequences? I could at least understand that point, as it would confirm you as a true dyed-in-the-wool lefty.

Or perhaps you have other information that us in the right have yet to consider?

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 11:15 am
BTW, t3,

I mostly agree with your "limited" war assessment. For us to pledge anything less than total victory when sacrificing American lives is abhorrent.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 11:36 am
Petraeus in New York City

David Petraeus in New York City reminds me of Crocodile Dundee in that uncouth village. The video of Petraeus at the college in New York City was enlightening. Those libs screaming vile things at him as he walked on the street was up there with the kind of things that would get you a butt whipping down south. He should have decided to teach at a southern college where respect and decorum still prevail in a genteel society.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/14/13 - 11:43 am
Young Fred @ 11:08

"Time and time again, it's been pointed out that raising a flipper's wages to $15 an hour will actually hurt low income people, yet you consistently ignore that point"

To say, "I don't care about the economy", would be a lie, BUT; being a liberal; I believe that I can actually FEEL the wants of these non-living wage workers!! I estimate that a fair; FOR EVERYONE, wage would be $13 per hour. I think that would be a good compromise.

BTW: I am in search of some "GO TO" commenters since I have acted like a royal [filtered word] this past week!! You and LL seem to be fitting that need today!!

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/14/13 - 11:53 am
Plethora of Georgia license plates at

North Augusta Schools: Maybe, just maybe, a FEW of those kids are,"legit," as the Last Commenter stated. However, IMHO, far far too many Georgia residents have kids in school in SC. Just as too many SC residents have Georgia license plates to, "beat," the SC Property Tax rules on vehicles!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 12:19 pm
t3

You still haven't answered the question. You've reiterated about your "feelings", but you're still avoiding facts about the negative consequences if your feelings become reality.

Do you not care about ALL the consequences?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/14/13 - 12:24 pm
itsanotherday1 09/14/13 - 09:59 am

Thank You and you should received top prize, in my opinion, by posting the top link for the day. You made my day because I haven't heard anything on the news about it. We still have TRUE American in this falling nation.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/14/13 - 12:28 pm
Young Fred

t3 would be the first one standing on a platform yelling a screaming about having to pay $15.00 for a single patty hamburger.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 01:20 pm
Colbalt, I believe you may be

Colbalt, I believe you may be correct. So many are “assured” of their opinions – that is until the metal hits the grindstone.

To be honest, I've met the “metal/grindstone” moment in my life a time or two. I do try to constantly access my views, maybe that's why I'm confident in my opinions. Doesn't mean I'm ALWAYS right, I just think I am!

itsanotherday1
41950
itsanotherday1 09/14/13 - 02:33 pm
"Feelings"

Young Fred, you will never get through to liberals with logic; their "feelings" win out over intellect every time.

It is as plain as the nose on your face what raising minimum wage to $15/hr would do, and why no one should expect a "living wage" for menial work that requires no skills or education. After all that filters through, there will be fewer minimum wage jobs available, the ones left will being working twice as hard, and their purchasing power will not change due to inflation caused by hiking the wage.
Simple supply and demand, cause and effect; with all of the "feelings" stripped away. Just like when Obamacare redefined full time to be 30 hrs, a lot of employees are getting cut to 29.5 to avoid Obamacare. Others that would expand their business won't do so because it will put them over the magic number of 50; while those over 50 by a few are laying off to get under 50. THAT is what FEELINGS get you when you ignore the realities of a free market.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/14/13 - 03:18 pm
Grooo

Ranter #3 wrote:

Oh, my. Now the Board of Regents has gotten into the banking business. Is that even legal?

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 03:23 pm
I'm still waiting t3

itsanotherday1 suggest that certain lefties can't see the forest for the trees. I tend to agree!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 06:50 pm
Football Cheeleaders Need....

We need to emphasize college football cheerleaders with bigger mammary organs. There is something peculiar about the current crop sans mammaries.

dwb619
dwb619 09/14/13 - 07:37 pm
River

Are you lobbying for "interventional augmentation"?
I don't think that's a real word, but it sounded good.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 08:28 pm
Cheerleaders for the top

Cheerleaders for the top teams certainly have THAT covered. Maybe it's just me and my old fashioness” but the current squad seems separate from the team. They've got there own “thing” going on!

Not to say it's not a sight to behold,. Just wondering how many are “proud” of their exhibition?

itsanotherday1
41950
itsanotherday1 09/14/13 - 08:52 pm
What are you dirty old men

What are you dirty old men doing looking at the college cheerleaders to begin with, eh?

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/15/13 - 03:38 am
itsanotherday1

busted! And I am a "lookin" very carefully I can assure you!

SB3
SB3 09/15/13 - 08:06 am
Why are we looking?

Quality control, of course.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.