Rants & Raves

TO YOU THUGS standing on the street corner with your drugs and guns: You think you are big men. You sperm donors think you are great men for all the kids you have claimed by number, not by feeding them. Do you want to see a real man, his picture was in a recent Sunday paper, and his name is Eric Turner. That is a man.

I TOOK MY chemo on the fourth floor of University Hospital; the nurses who work on that floor take good care of people.

RAVES FOR MR. MICAH at the Regents Bank in Harlem – a very nice, polite young man. I hope his boss is proud of him. He serves the people with a smile.

WHEN IS The Augusta Chronicle going to look into the raises the GRU police just got? They’re being awful quiet about who got what.

WHAT HAPPENED to pride in your work? I go to a fast-food drive-through. Nobody’s happy to serve me or glad I came. Instead they are mad at the world because they don’t enjoy their work. I think the three or four people that are actually working should get more money because they are probably doing the work of a couple other deadbeats.

RANT FOR BUSINESSES in Augusta and surrounding areas. Don’t you realize how offensive it is for patrons to go into your places and have to watch idiots with their pants down showing their underwear, especially in restaurants? Follow Fort Gordon’s example and have a pants-up policy.

TYPE 2 DIABETES and obesity exploded when corn fructose replaced cane sugar in sodas and processed foods about 1985. This was prompted by outrageous tariffs and quotas on imported sugar, impoverishing the Caribbean and Central America, thus spurring illegal immigration. Ethanol ruins our engines. Fertilizer runoff creates a huge dead zone in the Gulf. And yet, we let these Iowa corn people choose our presidential candidates!

TO THE COMMENT concerning the number of Georgia tags in carpool lines at North Augusta schools: Consider that these are most likely kids with divorced parents where one parent lives in South Carolina. My grandchild is one of those children.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/13/13 - 09:28 pm
Living Wage

Ranter #6 wrote:

Thank you, Ranter #6. You have succinctly refuted the notion that fast food workers need an increase in the federal minimum wage. These workers you have described need a wage decrease if not being fired outright.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/13/13 - 08:54 pm
Corn Belt

Ranter #8 wrote:

And yet, we let these Iowa corn people choose our presidential candidates!

Yep, the Democrats in Iowa chose Obama in their caucuses both times. They are the ones who should be attacked by Tomahawk missiles instead of the Syrians.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/13/13 - 09:05 pm
Grooo Police

Good question. Ranter #5 wrote:

When is The Augusta Chronicle going to look into the raises the Grooo police just got?

I wish The Augusta Chronicle would run a story for us readers about the Grooo policeman who pulled over his enemy and tried to tase him through the window. The poor man in the car was tried for obstruction and acquitted. The policeman was not a credible witness. Where is this poor excuse for a lawman today?

Martin

KSL
191604
KSL 09/13/13 - 11:03 pm
Soooooo

Obama wants access to your medical records. But he has spent more than a million dollars preventing access to his school records! What is he hiding?????? I think we know. I think we all know. And also to his medical records. But he wants access to yours.

Think of the IRS of late. What all do they think they are entitled to know about us, but we are not entitled to know about them?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 05:25 am
Why Grooo Police Got Raises

About the Grooo police getting raises, what do you expect? They "volunteered" to work at the Azziz family wedding, plus they pick up his kid from school when asked and keep their mouths shut. Tickets punched.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 06:09 am
Interaction at Drive-in Window and Opportunity

Concerning the rant about pride and courtesy in work at the drive-in restaurant: It is something I think about with encounters, but from a different angle. I try to understand the employee’s situation, frustrations and mindset with his or her task.

The other day I was having trouble with my phone and had to call the cable-phone provider. I was literally on hold for 45 minutes, then another 5 or so here and there as the conversation went on. The service guy hadn’t showed up during the two hour time frame when he was supposed to and I was waiting. BUT, I didn’t take it out on the lady on the phone or the serviceman when he showed up. I told the lady on the phone what a bad deal I was getting, but also told her it wasn’t her fault and thanked her for what she was doing.

The guy showed up 15 minutes later and replaced the box outside. I gave him a glass of ice tea while he was working and talked about the river and fishing with him. I could tell many more stories of how I’ll commiserate with workers dealing with the public and how it usually works out for the best.

So the point is we in the public can also do our share when we see “tired” workers to make the situation better. Dr. Wayne Dyer calls such interactions opportunities.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:02 am
Thankya Main Street Flowers in Harlem Ga

JOE JOLLY......You are the best florist in the CSRA!
♥♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 06:07 am
Hey, SeenIt. Nice to see you

Hey, SeenIt. Nice to see you back.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:08 am
Some of us get more opportunities than others!

"Dr. Wayne Dyer calls such interactions opportunities."

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:11 am
aaawwwww♥

I missed yall too...♥

But did the big bossman miss me..(Sean) haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/14/13 - 06:10 am
Heh, heh, I figured there

Heh, heh, I figured there would be some smarty comments after that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:15 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:28 am
I found a new species...:)

They are referred to as homoslackbehind-Erectus created by natural genetic downward evolution through constant spineless posturing, and spasmatic upper limb gestures, which new research has shown to cause shorter legs and an inability to ambulate other than in an awkward shuffling gait. The "drag-crotch" shape also seems to effect brain function. Expect no eye contact or intelligent verbal communication. History shows that this species mostly receives food stamps and full government care. Unfortunately most are highly fertile.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:33 am
To this rant

"RANT FOR BUSINESSES in Augusta and surrounding areas. Don’t you realize how offensive it is for patrons to go into your places and have to watch idiots with their pants down showing their underwear"

Leave the business but tell the MANAGER why you are leaving! They will see dollars walking out the door.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 06:43 am
About the link....ksl

"Whether you’re at the dermatologist or the cardiologist, you’ll likely be asked: “Are you sexually active? If so, do you have one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?”

Info is loose as a goose & we ALL know it....I think we will see answers like ::
Yes-my first sex partner was Donald Duck--multiple ducks after Donald.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/14/13 - 07:15 am
Good Morning "I'm Disappointed" America

B4, I Know why you were here and my condolences but I'm disappointed that you didn't yell over the fence. Still love you.

KSL, Reference your link, I just had to C&P someones post.

Why can’t the Americans see that organizations like Healthreport.com, Micheal Savage, Glenn Beck and jsm.org, the tea party, minutemen.com are LYING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. They spread lies and build their foundation on these lies. They speak their lies and opinions as facts. Then they speak further about others things with these lies with new lies. How do you know that this article is a lie? First the author fails to cite from the affordable healthcare act, where it says that this sort of information will be shared with your doctors. Second, the author does not explain how or why this will be one of the results from the affordable healthcare act with proper citations. I also believe under certain medical diagnoses, doctors will ask you such questions, such as: are you sexually active. Why do doctors ask such questions. Maybe for depression. Maybe a female is pregnant. Maybe AIDS related. Now consider the right all Americans have to have their medical information kept confidential, unless a waver form is signed. Its real intriguing for the author to state as fact, the government will get your medical information, but the author fails to reference what the law currently says about medical information and then how the Affordable Healthcare Act will make such laws relating to our privacy, void. Now consider, who is government or the government. What people in government will be having access to your medical information? Author fails to answer this. Then, for what purpose would “the government” do with your medical information? Are they just going to have access to it for no reason and let it sit as computer files, taking up hard drive space or in file cabinets, so they can laugh. Ha ha, we got the Americans medical papers, and we know who’s having sex with who. The author obviously lacks explanation and understanding of the law. The author is just trying to scare and intimidate the Americans so the Affordable Healthcare Act can be abolished. Why would they want to do this? My best thought on the question is that it has to do something with money, the economy, rich people who want to save their money and make the most money. They don’t want to support American health.

Abbott & Costello America.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 07:33 am
Good am cgee

A song for you & our truck driving man....somewhere on the road ..

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/14/13 - 07:35 am
Darn CG

They got you riled up this morning and justifiably so.

Based on what you usually comment this is 10 or 12 posts for you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/14/13 - 07:44 am
"Riled UP"

Heck No, Just plain sick on why the American people have allowed this once great nation to be like it is today.....First you read rants, you then read some of comments, you then turn on the news, and then you PUKE. So Sad, So Sad, So Sad and to think it will only get sadder!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/14/13 - 07:55 am
Verbal attack on Petraeus

FORMER CIA director and Iraq war commander David Petraeus, who was forced to resign after a sex scandal, has been hounded and heckled by students as he walked through the streets of New York City.

The video, posted on YouTube, shows the former four-star general headed to his new job as a visiting professor at The City University of New York (CUNY), while young people described in the video as "CUNY students" hurl insults at him.

Shouting "war criminal" and "scumbag", they dog his every step along the street as Petraeus maintains a stony silence the whole time.

The only time he appears ruffled is when he steps in front of a bus, which screeches to a halt as he crosses the road.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/video-sex-scandal-spy-boss-david-petra...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I saw this I wanted to climb through the tv & beat the crap out of the yelling PUNKS!! Idiots don't deserve free speech.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/14/13 - 08:30 am
Common Sense Only In America

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has released 2,837 convicted criminal alien sex offenders back into American communities in order to comply with a Supreme Court decision authored by Clinton-appointed Justice Stephen Breyer, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

The 2,837 sex offenders represented five percent of the 59,347 deportable aliens released since last September under the supervision of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), according to the GAO report, which was released Thursday.

“There are circumstances in which criminal aliens who have been ordered removed from the United States – including those convicted of a sex offense – cannot be removed,” the report states. “For example, a criminal alien may not be removed because the designated country will not accept the alien’s return.”

The GAO report refers to the 2001 Supreme Court case Zadvydas v. Davis to explain why ICE is required to release foreigners who have been convicted of sex crimes. In its 5-4 decision, the court ruled that the indefinite detention of removable aliens for greater than six months is unconstitutional unless there is “significant likelihood of removal in the reasonably foreseeable future.”

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/alissa-tabirian/ice-released-2837-c...

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/14/13 - 09:07 am
Rant about Iran

"THE TRAP IS SET. Will the president take the bait? Iran is just waiting for the U.S. military intervention to give them an excuse to roll their army into Syria."

Do all Americans want the US to be afraid of doing anything? I find this delima causing me to even battle within myself! It hasn't even been two months that I was saying "The US should stop being the world's police!" BUT when Assad gassed his own people, and Obama was looking for a way to "punish" him without boots on the ground, I saw this as being a cause that The US just could not look away from!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/14/13 - 09:46 am
Troops

About this "boots on ground" thing:

A war not worth dying for is not worth killing for.

If we do not think an action taken by another country is important enough to commit troops to all-out war, then we have no business trying to "punish" the people there with limited air strikes.

The notion of "limited" war is immoral, in my opinion.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/14/13 - 09:59 am
Million muslim march a bust

Million biker rally a rousing success. In spite of not living up to the title, they got a heckuva turn out; a lot more than I ever thought they would.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 10:01 am
Seenit@6:28 Dang-it you made

Seenit@6:28

Dang-it you made me spew coffee allover myself and the keyboard! Masterful!!!

Ya see, deep down I new it was a medical condition. What else could describe such ridiculousness?

“Spasmatic upper limb gestures”, awkward shuffling gait”, “seems to effect brain function”, “mostly receives food stamps and full government care”, “natural genetic downward evolution”. And last, but by no means the least - “Unfortunately most are highly fertile”.

I'd say, your ability to “nail it” so accurately qualifies you as a master carpenter!

Kudos!

(“natural genetic “downward” evolution” now that's funny, I don't care who you are!)

rebellious
rebellious 09/14/13 - 10:04 am
off subject

The Christian Motorcycle Association is having a rally today from 12 til 4 p.m. at Miracle Baptist Church, 1308 Hephzibah McBean Road. All you bikers come out for fun and games to raise money for worthy causes. Among other things, they rebuild and deliver bikes to Doctors and Pastors in third world countriee, allowing them to reach people quicker.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/14/13 - 10:08 am
CobaltGeorge @7:15 Why

CobaltGeorge @7:15

Why wouldn't Abbott and Costello be taken seriously? Just look at the following the likes of Alec Baldwin has!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
20895
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/14/13 - 10:13 am
Fast Food workers

I have become friends with the owner of several fast food franchises in the area. Whenever I visit one of his establishments I send him a report of the service and employees. Normally they are all good, but, the with the bad ones I provide him with a video to prove it out!! His employees have improved and so has his business!!!