Rants & Raves

TO NORTH AUGUSTA city officials concerning Project Jackson: If it is being paid for by city taxpayers’ money, why can’t the residents vote on this? It is another way Mayor Jones is getting his own way. If the GreenJackets are wanted so bad, why doesn’t Augusta keep them?

THE THREE THUGS IN Florida who beat the daylights out of a smaller kid on a bus and were filmed doing it were sentenced to probation. Is Judge Overstreet moonlighting down in Florida?

WHY ARE PEOPLE on Mims Road in Hephzibah sending tax dollars for trash pickup when we don’t get trash pickup?

SENIOR CITIZENS ON Medicare, beware. There is a Medicare card phone scam going on around the country. I received a call from a man with a heavy accent. He said they would be mailing a new Medicare card, but he needed to verify name, address and phone number which he quoted correctly. He then needed to know my bank and the number at the bottom of the check. That’s when I hung up.

TO THE PERSON who said about teaching your child not to run from the police. I am 43 years old, and I have never committed a crime and I am afraid of the police. It is obvious he has not had some of the issues some of us have had.

THIS IS A RANT to the news industry. The newspapers keep telling us the Fort Hood attack was a terrorist act on U.S. soil, but my president tells me it was workplace violence. I have to believe my president.

I AM TIRED OF picking up the newspaper every day and seeing another person getting killed in Augusta. You need another sheriff.

THERE NEEDS TO be a stop light at the corner of Wylds Road and Wrightsboro Road near Honey Baked Ham. It is almost impossible to get out of there in the mornings. There will be a bad wreck.

LIBERALS ARE dismissive, even contemptuous, of facts and figures when they do not support their deeply held, but otherwise unsupported, beliefs, yet whenever the matter of faith in something other than themselves comes up, liberals want rigorous scientific standard proof.

I FOUND A DOG that was loose from his owner; his collar saved him. I would like to send a rave for everyone who puts a collar, a locator chip, anything on his dog, because within 45 minutes he was home with his family because he had a brass tag on his collar.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 07:13 pm
ARC does not need another sheriff.

We need a population with a different culture.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 07:13 pm
Mims Road in Hephzibah Better question

When is ARC DOT going to finish fixing the road that washed out over 2 months ago?

It seems like it is the last road in ARC to be repaired from the rains and flooding in June/July.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 07:14 pm
Green jackets new stadium

You can have it and pay for the stadium.
We'll attend the games the 3 months a year they are held...
Or until the minor league team pulls out of the area.

Mean while you'll be paying for it year round with more taxes even if they leave.

BTW: Any of the Land Owners live this side of the river....like before?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 07:40 pm
Why Are they called LIBERALS,

when they are not liberally open minded about morality or GOD?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/11/13 - 10:56 pm
need a new sheriff?

Why? Certainly you do not believe that the mere presence of a different top LEO will stop thugs from doing what they do? Listen to nocnoc; the solution lies within the most affected communities.

countyman
20127
countyman 09/11/13 - 11:13 pm
Crime rate

#7... The crime rate is down this year, and the homicide rate is also down compared to 2012. The crime rate continues to decrease every year..

People need to understand the difference between the high profile crimes, and the daily crimes.

Also, the media tends will report the same homicide/shooting on the 12 noon, 5 pm, 6 pm, 7 pm, 10 pm, and 11 pm broadcast. The news media in Augusta sometime might even report the same crime over an 2-3 day period..

There's a total of 13 homicides this year, and many of those were domestic related. Not too much shooting this year besides the little streak in late July/first week of August...

rebellious
20780
rebellious 09/11/13 - 11:18 pm
Good numbers

for homicides, unless you are friend and family of the 13, or worse, one of them.

I agree though, unless the Sheriff is pulling the trigger changing him out makes no difference.

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/11/13 - 11:18 pm
If you believe the Fort Hood

If you believe the Fort Hood shooting was just work place violence as the President says then you need to listen out of both ears.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/12/13 - 05:23 am
Murder rates are much lower

Murder rates are much lower under this sheriff. I do believe community policing can lower the murder rate.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/12/13 - 06:40 am
A Rave for the Military training excerise I saw last night.

A rave to our military practicing below 1500 ft flights with large type aircraft, last night.

Really brings back memories of the Spec Ops practices I was allowed to watched at Ft. Bragg.

GAR, No wing lights, only the absolute bare minimum rear facing lighting.

Flying in a close and tight formation, 150 -200 yards apart at best, the usual deep roar and low enough to trip at least 1 car alarm in the area.

What a sight to watch at 21:10- 21:11 hours on 9-11 over my residential area

It brought back fond memories.

I checked http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KAGS/arrivals
It seems the 439th out of Westover Mass has some good pilots.

But is this wise to over populated civilian areas?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/12/13 - 07:45 am
Is this you?

"LIBERALS ARE dismissive, even contemptuous, of facts and figures when they do not support their deeply held, but otherwise unsupported, beliefs, yet whenever the matter of faith in something other than themselves comes up, liberals want rigorous scientific standard proof"

This sounds amazingly like a regular poster on the comments board!!

KSL
KSL 09/12/13 - 08:05 am
bledsoe

I am especially glad you have taken the advice of the poster who told you to stop skipping a space between the last letter of the last word in a sentnce and the punctuation mark.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/12/13 - 10:41 am
Afraid of the Police at 43!

It's cultural!

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.

Know the symptoms of this deadly killer!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/12/13 - 11:00 am
KSL @ 8:05

I am especially glad you have taken the advice of the poster who told you to stop skipping a space between the last letter of the last word in a sentnce and the punctuation mark"

This perticular poster has tryed to teach me MANY THINGS that I am too much of a liberal and; not to mention; HARDHEADED! I think I have made it VERY CLEAR that I view this poster as a friend, BUT I have made a fool out of myself, and possibly embarest this poster with my public expresion on this comments board. Thanks for noticing and that this poster FINALLY taught me something!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/12/13 - 11:29 am
Running Bare

t3bledsoe posted:

I have made a fool out of myself, and possibly embarest this poster.

Now, that would be interesting to see.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/12/13 - 12:11 pm
So who's the barest poster??

Enquiring minds want to know? Sorry t3, I couldn't resist!!!

harley_52
harley_52 09/12/13 - 01:01 pm
"unless the Sheriff is pulling the trigger....

....changing him out makes no difference."

Are you serious? No difference?

Does changing the coach on a football team matter? Changing the foreman in a factory? Changing the commander in a military unit? Changing the manager in a fast food restaurant?

In my view, it makes more difference than any other single issue.

But that's just me.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/12/13 - 03:25 pm
"and possibly embarest this

"and possibly embarest this poster with my public expression"

Is that even legal?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/12/13 - 03:40 pm
T3...nope...not me.

T3...nope...not me.

harley_52
harley_52 09/12/13 - 03:50 pm
The Hand Of God...

...Just returned from an errand. Was listening to Austin Rhodes (the self-described "conservative") explaining why he supported homosexual marriage, why the U.S. isn't a "Christian nation," and why homosexuals are "normal," while many heterosexuals aren't.

Right in the middle of his pro-homosexual, anti-Christian rant...WGAC went off the air.

Coincidence? I think not.....