Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HAD A TOTAL knee replacement. I want to thank Dr. Carter and his assistant Steve and my nurse at University Hospital, Catherine, registered nurse. She did several things for me, and I thanked her. She said, “I don’t mind it; I love my job.” How many people do you hear these days say, “I love my job”? Thanks, Catherine.

TO ALL YOU peace-loving folks sporting the bumper stickers with the word “coexist” in the cute little symbols: I’d love to see you express your worldly views while sitting next to the Fort Hood shooter, the 9/11 hijackers, the Boston Marathon bombers, etc. Their version of coexist is to end your existence.

I OBSERVED THE new trash company leaving trash on the side of the road. The mechanical arm lifted the garbage can, emptied trash into the truck, but trash fell out and no one got out to pick it up. They just drove off leaving the street littered. Wouldn’t I be fined for that?

PEOPLE GOING TO strike for higher wages at fast-food joints are cutting their own throats. As far as I’m concerned, fast food is already too high and will go higher. I can add a few dollars more and get a decent steak dinner, and that’s the reason I don’t eat fast food that often.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD was a loser who wanted fame. Several weeks earlier, he had shot at a retired Army general. Killing President Kennedy (and police Officer J.D. Tippit) got him his fame. He acted alone.

WHY DO WE HAVE Russian troops in this country training? We aren’t stupid. We know what the plan is.

PRESIDENT OBAMA spoke at the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s speech. He claimed to be so black. So many people voted for him just because he is black. He hasn’t appointed one black person on his Cabinet. What has he done for black people? That’s what I want to know, and I’m a black person.

IT IS TIME FOR Dr. Frank Roberson to leave the Richmond County Board of Education. He is in poor health, and I feel it is time to move on and get new leadership – a new vibrant young person with new ideas who can help test scores improve.

I JUST GOT A CALL from someone that I know is a scam. People who send money in hopes of getting more money or for something they didn’t buy, they should lose whatever they sent in. If you are not certain a bill is legit, then call and find out.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 09:01 am
Comment about assassination

"LEE HARVEY OSWALD was a loser who wanted fame. Several weeks earlier, he had shot at a retired Army general. Killing President Kennedy (and police Officer J.D. Tippit) got him his fame. He acted alone"

ALL of the evidence that would have possibly indicated more than one gunman has been supressed or hidden.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 09:05 am
Rant about Russian soldiers

"WHY DO WE HAVE Russian troops in this country training? We aren’t stupid. We know what the plan is"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 09:09 am
Rant about Dr. Roberson

"IT IS TIME FOR Dr. Frank Roberson to leave the Richmond County Board of Education. He is in poor health, and I feel it is time to move on and get new leadership – a new vibrant young person with new ideas who can help test scores improve"

With all due respect to Dr. Roberson, he; himself; should realize that it is time to go!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/11/13 - 09:11 am
@ Tim

"WOW, do you even read this before you sent it??!! In my opinion, this is almost imposible to even compehend!!" Believe me, we know how you feel.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 09:13 am
Rant about President Obama

"PRESIDENT OBAMA spoke at the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s speech. He claimed to be so black. So many people voted for him just because he is black"

I am Caucasian and I don't agree with this statement AT ALL!! The Democrats and many of the independents BELIEVE IN HIM!! This is why he is President.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/11/13 - 09:28 am
Past Tense

t3bledsoe posted:

The Democrats and many of the independents BELIEVE IN HIM!!

They believed in him. Now all of us are stuck with him.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/11/13 - 09:35 am
@t3bledsoe

I actually think it is called 'living' wage but it doesn't matter. The people who took those jobs, knew the pay and were promised nothing more than the pay offered!

They should should just 'shut up,' get to work and look for something else. They might even think about getting an additional job to supplement their income.

September is Ovarian Cancer awareness month.

Know the symptoms!

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 10:05 am
"Believe me, we know how you feel."

Hoo boy....do we ever.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 10:10 am
In Another Day....

....people without any work skills and without any specific training took low paying jobs to learn. They knew they weren't signing up for what some liberal would later term a "living wage." They understood if they needed more money there were at least two paths. One was to get another low paying job and work lots of hours. Another was to work hard, learn fast, and do whatever they could to make the boss appreciate their efforts and, eventually, give them a raise and/or a promotion.

That was before we became so "caring" and so "enlightened."

It was before liberals were in charge.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/11/13 - 10:24 am

I work in a very good job, but I want more out of life than I can afford in that job. Hmmm, My options, learn to live on what I can afford or do as I have done. I also work part time, and run my own business. These two options allow me to afford the things I want. Yes, I could go and whine to my boss and on here about the pay and where would it get me? It would be about like wetting your pants wearing a dark suit, I'd get a warm wonderful feeling but no one would notice!! So what does all this mean. Quit whining and whizzing in your pants and get off your flat backside and do something to make yourself a more valuable employee. Look around and see what skills and talents you have and turn those into an income. That's what I've done. No one is responsible for you or controls your destiny but you. If you want to sell hamburgers all day for a nonliving wage then shut up and do it pleasantly or find something else.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 10:33 am
You're Welcome, CBBP....

...and thank you for a post that said essentially the same thing, but more eloquently, and with a little good advice thrown in.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 10:41 am

I have been racking my pea brain all morning knowing it was V.J. but could not come up with the right name.

Van Jones it was.

The fact he was up for a post alone speaks reams of paper as to the types that were being presented as qualified.

BTW: on my earlier DNC Cabinet selection remark.
I agree his cabinet is not helping his cause, of which I am glad of. But remember if is all they had to pick from given they wanted more liberals, and social-democrats.

navycubfan
navycubfan 09/11/13 - 10:39 am
@harley In another

@harley In another day....

Yep.. back in the day.....First job was working at a sportsman's club as a "trap boy" loading clay targets on a machine so a bunch of guys could spend their weekends, shooting trap and having man time. (yes there were women too.) I had a paper route and worked as an usher at pro-sports events in Chicago. (83-85) Walter Payton era.. pre-Jordan.. I worked for a lawyer as a file clerk making a whole $5 an hour. That was HUGE for me then..when I went to college I worked in the food service. After I dropped out of college, I worked for Rheem manufacturing, drove an ice cream truck for a day, sold TCBY yogurt, spent 25 years in the Navy and now work for the gov't as a contractor. I don't ever remember complaining to my bosses about not getting paid enough. I went in knowing what I was going to be paid and knew that if I wanted to earn more I had to work for it or move on to another job. I learned valuable skills at every job. Were there jobs I hated? Yep but I hated not having money more.

itsanotherday1
41949
itsanotherday1 09/11/13 - 11:08 am
Thanks Harley

Awesome clip! I wish they had not overblown the number for the title of the group though. Someone crunched the numbers on motorcycle ownership, etc.; and there aren't enough bikes and people taking time off to get a decent fraction of that. Even if it turns out to be 10-15 thousand, that is still a magnificent showing.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 11:15 am
harley-52 Are you actually

harley-52

Are you actually suggesting a paycheck based on individual ability?

How crass!

Jobs are created in order to provide! The sole purpose of a man/women starting a business is to provide a “live” wage! He/she should work 80+ hours per week, sink every last cent into making a going concern, just to provide a live wage to 30 somethings that have a family and DESERVE better! Doesn’t matter if they call out every other week, doesn’t matter if they come in late 2 or 3 of every five shifts. All that matters is a warm body deserving of whatever liberals deem is necessary.

If one believes a person sinking everything they own into a business start-up in the hopes of being successful, shouldn’t provide a ride to all willing to jump on, why I’d say that’s pretty short sighted. If you don’t realize your purpose is to provide gainful employment to peeps that don’t really give a dang – then you’ve no business starting a business. If you don’t believe me, just ask TBled.

Let’s see … I’m going to start a business, and my target employee is a family man who demands minimum wage+ 3 or 4 or 5 or 10. Guaranteeeeed success!

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 11:15 am
Your're Right, IAD...

There probably won't be two million bikers, but I'm betting they outnumber the Million Muslims who are marching on D.C. to celebrate 9/11/2001.

After all, that's the point of the whole thing anyway.

Ride to live, live to ride.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 11:32 am
Sorry, Young Fred....(11:15 AM)

...guess I lost my head.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 12:23 pm
Living wage revisited

So, are mentally challenged people, AND BELIEVE ME I know, supposed to be satisfied with a very low paying job? I mean, I made it through enough college to get 2 two year degrees, but this was very, very difficult!! Many mentally challenged people JUST DO NOT have the mental capasity to do the school work, therefore can not "climb the ladder!!"

allhans
allhans 09/11/13 - 12:39 pm
Van Jones "Crossfire"

Van jones is now a co-host along with Newt and 2 others on CNN "Crossfire". Good material for late night comedy.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 12:46 pm
"Many mentally challenged people...

....JUST DO NOT have the mental capasity to do the school work...."

Excellent point, well made.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 12:50 pm
TBled

In today's work environment, all it takes is showing up to work when scheduled and on time. If you do this consistently, and perform your duties as required it’s just a matter of time before you’re promoted.

Then you’ll be making more than minimum wage!

Any person who’s been in the workforce more than a few months, and still making minimum wage has a work ethic problem.

It is not an employers responsibility to prop up the work challenged or the mentally challenged.

Speaking of mentally challenged, I know of more than one who is making more than minimum wage. And it’s not because their employer felt charitable, it’s because they wanted to work and it showed.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 12:52 pm
"Crossfire and Van

"Crossfire and Van Jones"

Somehow those words work perfectly together!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 12:57 pm
Harley, those with

Harley,

those with substandard mintully carpastitys deserts justice mooch as any ceo, them workas justice hardly!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/11/13 - 01:39 pm
Navycubfan

Yep, it's called responsibility....something libs do not believe in.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 03:16 pm
“responsibility”, I heard

“responsibility”, I heard this word would be dropped from Merriam Webster; it makes certain left-leaning weenies very uncomfortable. Their justification was they had to make room for “twerking”. There’s only just so much room in a dictionary don’t ya know!

I’m wondering if the “pants sagging” will be put in the “trans” section of the dictionary.

happychimer
happychimer 09/11/13 - 08:39 pm
GnipGnob so you think all

GnipGnob so you think all libs don't believe in responsibility. Whoever told you that, did not know what they were talking about. You are wrong. Don't tell me that my husband and I have no responsibility. We consider ourselves democrats, and we have never depended on anyone but ourselves for our livelihood. Right wing conservatives are the reason we are no longer repubs. They ran us off by all the hateful comments made against those who are different. I live in a country where I have the freedom to think for myself, and I make my own decisions. I would be miserable if all I did was trash others day in and day out.Yes I support our President, and no I do not agree with everything he does or says. That goes for all Presidents.God bless America.

Darby
Darby 09/12/13 - 10:23 pm
"It's called a "LIVE (sic) WAGE" for a reason!!

EVEN people, who are generally looked down on; just because of their education; have families AND MUST HAVE A MINIMUM "LIVING WAGE"!!"

Wrong again, bledsoe. Change that to "should" have a minimum living wage.

Then qualify the statement by acknowledging the fact that it's up to the individual to find a job that pays that wage and if he can't then he works two jobs, or cuts grass or "sells lemonade" for all I care, to reach that point.

The one thing absolutely NOT CERTAIN is that some businessman or other entrepreneur is obligated to pay out unearned cash from earnings, just to "be fair"!

For the good of the economy, Democrats should immediately stop cultivating parasites.

But then drug addicts should go "cold turkey" too, but we know that's not gonna happen, don't we?