Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HAD A TOTAL knee replacement. I want to thank Dr. Carter and his assistant Steve and my nurse at University Hospital, Catherine, registered nurse. She did several things for me, and I thanked her. She said, “I don’t mind it; I love my job.” How many people do you hear these days say, “I love my job”? Thanks, Catherine.

TO ALL YOU peace-loving folks sporting the bumper stickers with the word “coexist” in the cute little symbols: I’d love to see you express your worldly views while sitting next to the Fort Hood shooter, the 9/11 hijackers, the Boston Marathon bombers, etc. Their version of coexist is to end your existence.

I OBSERVED THE new trash company leaving trash on the side of the road. The mechanical arm lifted the garbage can, emptied trash into the truck, but trash fell out and no one got out to pick it up. They just drove off leaving the street littered. Wouldn’t I be fined for that?

PEOPLE GOING TO strike for higher wages at fast-food joints are cutting their own throats. As far as I’m concerned, fast food is already too high and will go higher. I can add a few dollars more and get a decent steak dinner, and that’s the reason I don’t eat fast food that often.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD was a loser who wanted fame. Several weeks earlier, he had shot at a retired Army general. Killing President Kennedy (and police Officer J.D. Tippit) got him his fame. He acted alone.

WHY DO WE HAVE Russian troops in this country training? We aren’t stupid. We know what the plan is.

PRESIDENT OBAMA spoke at the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s speech. He claimed to be so black. So many people voted for him just because he is black. He hasn’t appointed one black person on his Cabinet. What has he done for black people? That’s what I want to know, and I’m a black person.

IT IS TIME FOR Dr. Frank Roberson to leave the Richmond County Board of Education. He is in poor health, and I feel it is time to move on and get new leadership – a new vibrant young person with new ideas who can help test scores improve.

I JUST GOT A CALL from someone that I know is a scam. People who send money in hopes of getting more money or for something they didn’t buy, they should lose whatever they sent in. If you are not certain a bill is legit, then call and find out.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:19 pm
Their version of coexist is to end your existence

As a Man of GOD I am welling to coexist.

But, we all must understand there are those on all sides that would kill others thinking they are doing GOD's work, when all they are doing is following the words of other men.

Beware of false prophets.

Those are the ones we must be ready for.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:51 pm
Dr. Frank Roberson?

Since returning to full time work, recently and having his contract renewed another year....

Please tell me what ---- HE ---- has done wrong.
Please lay out the things --- HE --- administrated that have failed.
Please explain to me what --- HE --- has failed at.

YES This is his make it or break it year.

But, let him do his job and IF he fails, so be it.
But give the man a fighting chance, now that he has returned to work after shaking hands with death.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:52 pm
Why Russian troops in this country training?

Remember we get to see how they act as much they get to see us.

The rifle points both ways in such exchanges.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:52 pm
LEE HARVEY OSWALD was a loser who wanted fame.

So that is the latest story angle?

I was only a kid 7 in 1962,but I still remember the TV excuses we heard,
I was 14 in 1969 when we heard more explanations, and in my late 20's when we were told more. I was in my 40's when more info was released and now in my late 50's it seems we have come full circle back to ... he acted alone.

We'll all likely be death and ashes when the real truth finally comes out.

I and many feel the USA had a Political Assassination, a Coup d'etat.

Using this definition

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:52 pm
Less you forget

President Obama is at least 1/2 WHITE.
News Week or Time Mag said back late 2007 early 2008 he was
over 5/8's based on his ancestry.

Democrat WH Cabinet was likely already picked prior to his nomination and win.

It is a way of grooming the next Leaders and Presidents.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 06:52 pm
Listen one more time

Prices are based on costs of delivery.

If the price of delivery is raised, the price of the product is raised to maintain the profit margin for investors and owners.

Minimum Wage jobs are NOT career jobs.

Either you get promoted, get technical schooling for better employment.

Or you die broke, and/or both on Welfare.

harley_52
harley_52 09/10/13 - 08:05 pm
"So many people voted for him just because he is black....

....He hasn’t appointed one black person on his Cabinet. What has he done for black people? That’s what I want to know, and I’m a black person."

It's all about racism, isn't it? Not that I claim he did this, but I'd rather see him select Cabinet officials based upon their talent, rather than race.

Would you like to see a white President prove he likes white people by hiring a bunch of them for his Cabinet?

As nocnoc points out, Obama is half white, so a reasonable argument can be made that he showing favoritism to his (white) race.

Does that ease the pain?

harley_52
harley_52 09/10/13 - 08:17 pm
BTW....

...In case you haven't noticed, Eric Holder IS black, so is Susan Rice, just to name two.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/10/13 - 09:12 pm
"I OBSERVED THE new trash

"I OBSERVED THE new trash company leaving trash on the side of the road."

Yes.....this has become a weekly chore for me now.....only I have to climb down a steep embankment into a 4 ft. deep ditch to pick up the trash the garbage truck is dumping onto the shoulder of the road. I don't understand it. The hauler we had prior to this change to once a week service NEVER dumped trash onto the road......this one does it consistently EVERY week.

Maybe I should just leave it in the ditch and let the STORMWATER runoff, or tank flushes from the COUNTY WATER PLANT, carry it on down the line into the WATERSHED.

I thought about complaining to Mark Johnson but I understand you can get wet if you pee into the wind.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/10/13 - 09:31 pm
Test Scores

Ranter #8 said:

IT IS TIME FOR Dr. Frank Roberson to leave. . . . I feel it is time to move on and get . . . a new vibrant young person with new ideas who can help test scores improve.

>Sorry, but the man at the top cannot help test scores improve. It is up to the persons taking the tests to do that.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/10/13 - 09:52 pm
Clog

Dichotomy posted:

Maybe I should just leave it in the ditch and let the STORMWATER runoff . . . carry it on down the line into the WATERSHED.

>That's what they do in Hyde Park. It clogs up the culverts, but what do they care? The government will come and fix things for them.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/10/13 - 10:23 pm
Deflection Again

In yesterday’s story about City Attorney Andrew MacKenzie, Augusta Chronicle reporter Susan McCord asked MacKenzie this question:

What’s been your toughest legal assignment since joining Augusta government?

MacKenzie answered:

“There’s such a diverse work field, it’s really hard to narrow it down. It’s certainly a challenging job to work with the diverse set of legal disciplines that you have to work with in a government that has such a broad spectrum of needs, from very technical environmental issues to commission issues. It’s very hard to have a generalist view and to deal with all the expertise.”

Wow! That's such a terrific answer that one could use it in many, many circumstances. As a public service, I will paste in a template here that Augusta Chronicle commenters can copy and paste into their word processors and pull out any time they are asked a straightforward question they do not wish to answer:

“There’s such a diverse work field, it’s really hard to narrow it down. It’s certainly a challenging job to work with the diverse set of ________ [insert discipline here: legal, corporate, educational, religious, governmental, etc.] disciplines that you have to work with in a ________ [insert organization here: government, company, school system, church, HOA, PTA, etc.] that has such a broad spectrum of needs, from very technical ________ [insert type here: environmental, governmental, financial, corporate, judicial, educational, etc.] issues to ________ [insert another type here: ] issues. It’s very hard to have a generalist view and to deal with all the expertise.”

You can be proud of your non-answer, as I'm sure City Attorney Andrew MacKenzie was.

Darby
Darby 09/10/13 - 11:00 pm
"Sorry, but the man at the top cannot help

test scores improve. It is up to the persons taking the tests to do that."

Of course it might help if the material is taught prior to being tested.

The man at the top could certainly assure that is being done. But it isn't.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 12:46 am
Rant #2

A realist! How refreshing!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 12:54 am
Rant #7 - What has he done?

Rant #7 -

What has he done? He's done everything possible to further drive a wedge between the races.

He's done nothing to uplift those most in need, and done everything possible to keep the downtrodden, “down-trodden”. In the hopes that those affected will continue to vote for just as him!

Despicable ain't it?

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 01:25 am
Wow – the last rant can be

Wow – the last rant can be applied to so much. Should be a life lesson learned while we were wee tikes on our parent's knees. But, hey, better late than never!

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 01:44 am
harley nailed it

And have you noticed – two of the most high profile appointed happen to be two of the most extreme and controversial? Holder is one of the worst all time presidential appointments in the history of this country. A radical, wait, a non-caring radical. His history speaks for itself, a history most liberals would have a hard time justifying.

Rice is not quite as controversial, but she's got history that many would find “questionable”. Too date, she's shown herself to be a big 'ole pair of lips, planted firmly! Willing to support her boss no matter how laughable or ridiculous, his position may be!

Every single person in this administration has reached their apex. Most peep's working in gov are working towards the next level. They wish to climb, climb, up the political ladder.

The stink associated with this administration will not easily be washed off.

KSL
119036
KSL 09/11/13 - 03:57 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/13 - 06:09 am
Bizarre As Roger Clinton in North Korea

Obama tells the world he will now put off the Congressional vote to authorize him to attack Syria. The delay is because he knows he will lose the vote. This whole thing is getting crazier. Kerry said the Syrians can avoid an attack if they give up their chemical weapons. The Russians jumped on that and said they will take the Syrian weapons. Kerry says any attack will be “unbelievably small.” So is the attack simply to make Obama look like he is keeping his red line promise? Bizarre as anything in international diplomacy since Roger Clinton played rock music for the North Koreans sitting in uniform, tapping their toes in unison with their leader.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/11/13 - 06:22 am
9/11

Remember those who perished.

Then tell me why the seat of our federal government chose to issue permits for a million MUSLIM march and refused to issue permits for the Freedom Riders.

Go ahead and accuse me of intolerance. I will be just as tolerant as the 9/11 hijackers, Pvt Hassan, and the Boston bombers.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/13 - 06:52 am
Who Pays For Marriott AC?

It looks like there are some questions about the new, almost half million dollar, huge chiller air conditioning units for the TEE Center being raised by our superb local forensic accountant, Al Gray.

Since the Marriott Hotel, The Marriott Conference Center and the TEE are connected, it’s hard to tell where the cool air goes and who pays for what. Payments are supposed to be determined based on which entity is actually using the air.

Past attempts by Lori Davis and Al Gray to obtain the technical drawings and plans for the air conditioning under the Open Records Act were denied, according to Davis and Gray, due to “security concerns.” I suspect this latest controversy is why we are getting fluff pieces about the TEE from the Chronicle and Paul Simon.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/11/13 - 07:02 am
My point was

many of Obama's cabinet were likely politically picked by the DNC circle of power before he was even in office. It is a way of training new leaders and giving them high level exposure.

However, it was correctly pointed out some of his picks were in fact Black Americans.

However, some still believe the only "African" - American in his cabinet is President Obama .

Here is a dated listing of his cabinet and staff from his 2008-2012 assignments. Admittedly this is a politically tainted/bias article.

BTW: Help me with a name
who was that openly Black American Socialist out of Oakland that was initially a WH nomination, that got Politically Barbecued when his pro pre-teen / teen sex position & Socialist views and quotes came out during the Congressional cabinet hearings?

Anyone remember the name?

justthefacts
20027
justthefacts 09/11/13 - 07:05 am
River

Your boy Gattis is at it again. Unfortunately, he and Freeman are about it. That and great pitching. BJ and Uggla are just lost causes I am afraid. And expensive ones at that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/13 - 07:20 am
JTF, yeah buddy. I missed

JTF, yeah buddy. I missed Gattis' two home runs over the weekend that were the only two Braves hits in the Phillies game. He hits the ball so hard. Even the grounders are bullets. Last night he drove in two, 2-5 with a double. It looks like they've given up on Uggla and BJ. Johnson doesn't hit very well and has no power is the problem with him playing second. As far as BJ, I'd have given up on him a long time ago with all the outfielders the Braves have.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/13 - 07:38 am
Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty Fame

Phil was a fantastic college quarterback. There's a video of him playing against Alabama in 1966. I was impressed. Terry Bradshaw was his back-up.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/11/13 - 07:47 am
Good Morning "9-11" America

Lets hope nobody has forgotten it.

Syria has put Benghazi on the back burner. I believe there is a connection to both.

Thanks King SMNCICBHO(M) for your devoted priorities.

Young Fred
Young Fred 09/11/13 - 08:00 am
nocnoc The DNC “screwed-up”

nocnoc
The DNC “screwed-up” big time, if they picked the followers .

Obama is doing everything in his power to make himself look like a lackadaisical weenie. He will bring down all associated with him. History will not be kind to this man, that is, if history is capable of being color-blind.

harley_52
harley_52 09/11/13 - 08:11 am
t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/11/13 - 08:53 am
Rant about minimum wage

"PEOPLE GOING TO strike for higher wages at fast-food joints are cutting their own throats. As far as I’m concerned, fast food is already too high and will go higher"

It's called a "LIVE WAGE" for a reason!! EVEN people, who are generally looked down on; just because of their education; have families AND MUST HAVE A MINIMUM "LIVING WAGE"!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/11/13 - 09:05 am
Good Morning from the Slum Canal Coffee & Donut, Bar & Grill

And Psychiatric Center! It's a beautiful day in the hood as we watch the week old papers and blind mullet float down the canal! The overgrown, unmaintained Riverwalk with leaves falling everywhere could be so beautiful and attract visitors for a Sunday Afternoon picnic and stroll. The derelict buildings such as the Marble Palace that prompted this area being called a SLUM! If you build it, they will come, and though a lack of maintenance and security it will also become a SLUM and unsafe at any time! Don't forget the Commons area, for now it's looked after, maybe that's because no one has to get out of their government owned truck to actually look and see if maintenance is being done!! A living wage at fast food establishments? These places intentionally hire high school kids because it's a start for them and the labor is cheap. If you want to make more money get the training and education you need to move up in that field or another. If you settle for being the person at the counter and want to sit in the same position all day for the same money then you have no one to blame but yourself. Want to know what drives customers away from a business? Rude employees, employees using profanity in the presence of customers, employees discriminating against "certain" customers, and managers who don't know how to handle employees, but choose to dress them down in front of customers!! Ya'll have a nice day, my bologna is so cheap it doesn't have a first name!!!

Vogtle workforce hits 4,200

About 4,200 workers are employed at the Plant Vogtle expansion project where the first two reactors built in the U.S. in more than three decades are rising from the red clay.