Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I FEEL IT’S NOT fair that some Columbia County schools let their custodians work from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and some have theirs working from 11 a.m. to 7:30. Come on, they are people, too, and they have live. It’s not fair. God got his hand in it so watch out.

RANT FOR THE American people. We have reached the very bottom with our pathetic ways now. When toddlers in strollers and elderly World War II veterans are not even safe in America, we are in bad shape. Couple that with tourists being killed and we cannot go any lower. Shame on the American people for letting this happen.

RANT TO SHEPEARD Blood Center. I noticed that you put up no-firearms signs. You want me to help save three local lives while giving up the right to protect mine? You have lost me as a donor.

WHEN BUSH 1 AND Bush 2 got us into wars in Iraq I argued for their impeachment and conviction. I will advance the same action for Obama if he takes us into a war in Syria. This stuff is none of our business and does not affect our national security. And our Congress is worthless for not stopping it.

JUST ON THE news – the Fort Hood shooter has received the death penalty – will that be enough? I wonder? Will they address him with “major” as they shoot him? And could they distribute all the military money he earned while incarcerated to be divided among the victims of his horrible deeds? I hope this is the end, the very end of this monster, no appeals or whatever there may be.

IN THE PAST FEW months we have had a 99-year-old and a veteran of the Battle of Okinawa both beaten to death. A baby shot in the face. A home invader beating a mother in front of her 3-year-old, a college baseball player slain by “bored” teens and a middle school kid beaten viciously on a bus. I don’t think Dr. King would be one bit happy.

I TOOK MY MOTHER to the Columbia County DDS last week and being from south Augusta, could not help but notice how cluttered and dangerous the roads and area have become. I am grateful for the quiet and beautiful area I live in. I’m glad I did not follow the pack.

SB3
SB3 09/09/13 - 05:33 pm
Hasan (rant#6)

Typically, it's loss of all pay and benefits with reduction to Private E-1.

TCB22
TCB22 09/09/13 - 07:27 pm
First and Last Rants

To the first ranter: I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Do they get paid for the eight hours they work and a half hour for lunch? What exactly is the issue? Many people are looking for jobs. You can't be lazy these days.

To the last ranter: Why do you go to the Columbia County Dept of Family and Children Services if you live in south Augusta in the first place? If everyone used the Driver Services, DCFS and other state offices within their own county, there wouldn't be so much traffic in Columbia County, thus remedying your problem.

happychimer
happychimer 09/09/13 - 07:44 pm
TCB22 maybe her mother lives

TCB22 maybe her mother lives in Columbia County.

TCB22
TCB22 09/09/13 - 07:52 pm
It did not say, but

It did not say, but regardless, just they should just go get their services and not complain about traffic. I don't complain about traffic when I'm driving on Washington Road everyday to go to work to pay the taxes for those services.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/09/13 - 08:10 pm
25 blacks asked to leave

1st get get the whole story before you call for a Reverend.

As I heard LAST WEEK.

They were loud whiny, griping and expected to be seated within minutes of walking in the door as a whole group (25) with out any prior call ahead notice for a food establishment that normally seats maybe 6 to a table. An was at a busy serving time of the day.

QUOTING The Above Article
"You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how ‘whitey’ was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done.

“... So yes, some ‘whities’ were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the N word. When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers.”

The woman also reported that other non-whites were also seated during the time that white guests were seated, but apparently, that went unnoticed by this large group of 25 blacks. The two stories represent major differences, don’t they? Whom to do you believe?"

Personally I don't see a person with likely a $million$ invested in a business playing Race games.

Like I said get the whole story before you call for a Reverend.

Also
They waited peaceably for 2 hours?
Who waits peaceably at a restaurant for TWO hours?
Give me a break.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/09/13 - 08:13 pm
BTW: While we are on the subject of Reverends

Here is what RFK Jr. thought of Rev. Al and Rev. Jesse
directly from his personal diary.

I case you did know, RFK Jr. was Massachusetts Liberal.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 09/09/13 - 10:50 pm
Not a drop, Shepeard Blood

Not a drop, Shepeard Blood Center. Licensed, legal gun owners are safe people to have as customers. If you don't want to honor my right as an American to legally carry in your place of business, then you don't want my blood either. Smooth move, people.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/09/13 - 11:29 pm
Diary

Great find in the diary, nocnoc.

countyman
20724
countyman 09/10/13 - 01:50 am
South Augusta does have mutiple nice areas

Last rant/rave.. They consistently tell me I'm wearing rose colored glasses when I bring up the nice areas in South Augusta. Hopefully the next Target and movie theater both come to South Augusta in the near future.

The main competition for South Augusta is Southwest Augusta(Belair rd, Jimmie Dyess, Gordon Hwy-west of Jimmie Dyess)which is both richer and growing faster. The plans include the 25 acre shopping center/10 sq. ft. Shoppes at Dyes park off Jimmie Dyess, 13 acre shopping center off Gordon Hwy, etc..

The Riverwatch 14 theater(Georgia Theater Company)coming to North Richmond at the VAR is suppose to have 14 screens and occupy 60,000 square feet. The new theater will have a full service restaurant, and in-theater dining. The Regal 20 in the Augusta Exchange area of West Augusta is 20 screens/80,000 square feet for comparisons.

A new restaurant is coming to Augusta(Del Taco), and no word on the exact location yet.

I think the best news is how the TEE Center is under budget, and we can build on the recent success. The most important goal should always focus on bringing in new money, and not relying on the local citizens to pay for everything.

tanbaby
tanbaby 09/10/13 - 04:14 am
to ranter #5...congress is

to ranter #5...congress is worthless no matter what the situation...most politicians are...

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/10/13 - 05:02 am
Under budget???

Under budget??? You mean they didn't spend all the $1.4 million a year we give them in management and advertising fees, plus the additional payments for utilities and maintenance? What a deal.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/10/13 - 07:01 am
Ho-Hum

Someone wake me when the fresh rolls are done.. The ones here are stale and not even suitable for pigeons!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/10/13 - 07:08 am
Good Morning From the Slum Canal Coffee & Donut

Good Morning from the Slum Canal Coffee, Donut, Bar & Grill and Psychiatric Center. Oooohhh That Smell. It was reported that there was a very foul odor on the South Augusta area yesterday that burned the eyes and noses of resident's. We think it was the breath of the Slumlords Commission! Today's Menu features Fresh Hot Coffee, Chocolate/Mocha Donuts and from the Bar & Grill we have Ice Cold Draft Beer and our very own BLT made with Fried Green Tomatoes, Butter Lettuce and Fried Bologna. At the psychiatric center our sessions are 2 for the price of 1, unless your a slumlord then it's $2,000,000.47 per hour!! Ya'll come back now ya' hear!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/10/13 - 08:10 am
@ River- Pasadena

River, I was happy and surprised to see Clemson jump Ohio State. And yes, I have considered the possible consequences.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/10/13 - 08:21 am
"Twenty-five blacks were

"Twenty-five blacks were asked to leave a South Carolina restaurant because one white patron felt threatened."

Yeh, well.....50 years after Dr. King's speech and YOU are still playing the victim without checking out the facts. Still just looking for an excuse to hate somebody aren't you?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/10/13 - 08:43 am
Good Morning "WMD Itinerary" America

Killed a few thousand in Iraq, Moved to Syria 2003, Killed a few thousand in Syria, Moved to Russia in 2013, Who is the next thousand?

Bush didn't have a Nobel Peace Prize but isn't good that our great King SMNCICBHO(M) has one.

"If it wasn't for my proposed military action, this peace would never have happened!"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/10/13 - 08:48 am
One Word

Narcissistic

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/10/13 - 08:58 am
To Rant #3. If I owned the

To Rant #3. If I owned the restaurant I would also ask them to leave if they were causing a disturbance. Seems like they slanted their story does it not.
TCB she can use any drivers service in the state. I also took my mother to the one in Columbia County because it was closer and was easier to go to on a Saturday. I have used both and I live in Richmond County.
Thge report from the convention center sounds like the have a good number of bookings. It sure is nice looking riding down Reynolds Street.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/10/13 - 10:15 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts

Check your AC email address box.

toldyaso
toldyaso 09/10/13 - 10:53 am
No Gun Signs

No Gun signs do not trump state law. There are places, for now, that are off limits to CWL holders, and these are clearly laid out in SB 380. For me, I reserve the right to protect myself as a legally licensed, law abiding citizen, and my family whenever and where ever it would become necessary.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/10/13 - 11:07 am
Boycott

It would make national news if CSRA residents who cherish the 2nd Amendment organized a boycott of Shepeard Blood Center because of their "no guns" policy.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/10/13 - 11:33 am
Last Ranter

“I . . . could not help but notice how cluttered and dangerous the roads and area have become.”

Actually, it is not the roads which are dangerous, but rather, it is the vehicles using the roads which are dangerous.

And what does the ranter mean by “cluttered”? Does she mean cluttered with cars or cluttered with litter, or something else?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/10/13 - 11:42 am
"FIFTY YEARS AFTER Dr. King’s

"FIFTY YEARS AFTER Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, this is still going on. Twenty-five blacks were asked to leave a South Carolina restaurant because one white patron felt threatened. It reportedly happened at the Wild Wing Cafe in North Charleston, S.C."

Read the entire story. It had nothing to do with their race, but with their behavior. As a matter of fact, the ones that were asked to leave were the only ones reported to use racial slurs. But feel free to make up your own reality.

Common.sense
Common.sense 09/10/13 - 11:43 am
Toldyaso

But would you want to support a business who wants to deny you the right to defend your life?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/10/13 - 01:38 pm
Rant about carrying a firearm

"RANT TO SHEPEARD Blood Center. I noticed that you put up no-firearms signs"

I think it is crazy for establishments to have to put up such signs!! What is wrong with leaving your guns in your vehicle??

Common.sense
Common.sense 09/10/13 - 01:41 pm
t3bledsoe

Google Luby's Massacre. That is what is wrong with leaving a gun in your vehicle.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/10/13 - 01:46 pm
Yea!

"What is wrong with leaving your guns in your vehicle??"

Just like leaving my wallet with $580.00 in my vehicle!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/10/13 - 01:49 pm
If

I'm going to leave my carry in my vehicle, what is the use of spending $79.25 for a CWL?

Common.sense
Common.sense 09/10/13 - 01:56 pm
To support your local

To support your local government, of course! What's the use of spending it at all? Why should we have to pay for something that criminals do for free?

KSL
KSL 09/10/13 - 02:31 pm
Bledsoe

What is wrong with a law abiding citizens carrying the gun inside?

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms