Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FIFTY YEARS AGO Dr. King ascended the mountain. Sadly, his followers took the low road to the valley. They have no shame. Dr. King weeps.

SCHOOL HAS STARTED and some GRU students still did not have their financial aid because of the schools. I was supposed to have my books by Wednesday per my teachers but can’t afford them and my answer from the financial aid is they are working on it. So in the meantime, I just wing it and hope I don’t fail because I have no books.

RAVES TO CARIN at the downtown Eighth Street post office. She is always very pleasant and smiling and helpful every time she waits on you.

I ATTENDED THE Beulah Grove free concert. I went at 5:30, hoping to get a good seat. We (two women) ended up sitting on the steps, down an aisle. Many had to stand. Looking around the beautiful church, there were many gaps in the benches where people were sitting. I saw many people cutting in the lines to get in, people allowing three or four people to jump the line.

RANT FOR THE two pleading innocent for the Riverwalk Augusta beatings. The attackers have maimed one person for life and almost killed them. Life in prison without parole is the only fair thing. They will suffer for life and so should the attackers. There is simply way too much of this going on around the country, and it needs to stop. Life in prison will set a good signal that society will not tolerate this. Judges, listen up and stop this insanity now. One of your friends or relatives might be next.

RANT FOR THE youths of America. The thugs who killed the World War II veteran in Washington should have been thanking him for his service to America that gave them the lifestyle they had. Instead, they beat him to death. Rid this nation of them now and their parents, too.

WHAT A MESS at Beulah Grove Baptist Church for the “free” concert/Pure Worship Service.

RANT FOR THE three young boys walking down Walton Way with their pants down to their knees with the pathetic foul language. I wish somebody would give me one reason that they are any value to this nation. I can’t think of any.

HUGE RAVE FOR the Latinos who always clean up Deans Bridge Road. Thank you very much.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/04/13 - 08:10 pm
Stop Drawing Red Lines

We better stop drawing red lines. Somebody take the reds from Obama's Krayon box.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/04/13 - 08:12 pm
"...his service to America

... gave them the lifestyle they had. Instead, they beat him to death."

Nonsense. Paraphrasing The First Divider, "He didn't make that, and was just another 'average white person."

This violence towards whites has escalated for a reason and one main cause is a sense of grievance and entitlement fed by the media and politicians.

pdixiedog
pdixiedog 09/04/13 - 08:14 pm
Life After Fifty Seminar

The Life After Fifty Seminar looks really good, but it's held on a weekday. Most people in their 50's are still working. You might as well name it Life After Sixty or Life After Sixty-Five; or Life After Retirement. Better yet, hold the event on a weekend.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/04/13 - 08:36 pm
Naked and Not Afraid

Bill O’Reilly loves to have good looking conservative and liberal women fight on his show. It’s okay, Bill, it’s a fantasy of mine, too. I just want to see the conservative woman, slam the scantily clad liberal down and as her shoulders sink into the canvas, she shouts, "I own you."

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/04/13 - 09:02 pm
PDixieDog, I Don't Care How Old You Are

PDixieDog, I don't care how old you are. C'me here. :)

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/04/13 - 10:52 pm
"Life in prison will set a

"Life in prison will set a good signal that society will not tolerate this."

They aren't afraid of life in prison. Our gang run prisons are pretty much the same environment they have been thriving in. They laugh at your jail time. Every violent crime should get the death penalty.....carried out immediately.

My vote is an assembly line death penalty operation right in the lobby of the courthouse. Get convicted of a violent crime, get stuck with the needle in the lobby....while being televised, and have the coroner pick them up at the back door.

The way our judges' pet probationers REPEAT OFFEND every few weeks I figure if we put them down on sentencing day we could clean this place up and drive the crime stats to near zero in a year or so. You would be surprised how fast word gets around when they know your are ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT STOPPING CRIME......something our judges and prosecutors know NOTHING about.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/05/13 - 05:59 am
Hey River

You are on fire this morning! Thanks for the laughs!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/05/13 - 06:03 am
Dicotomy

If one innocent person was executed it would negate 1,000 guilty persons executed.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/05/13 - 06:29 am
Shrimp

Is anyone truly innocent?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/05/13 - 06:31 am
1 viable application for foul mouth saggin pants teens

They make good cannon fodder during wars.

AND

I am willing to bet they could be trained as
IN FLIGHT Missile Repairmen☺.

Trouble
Trouble 09/05/13 - 06:48 am
another reason for foul mouth sagging pants teens

they let you know what areas you really dont want to live in, and which parts of town you should carry a gun...

morning all

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/05/13 - 07:49 am
Ok get ready to tear me up about this post

I'm uneasy lately because I think the dislike my Rep friends have for this President has clouded their vision....& this is why....

We have forgotten 9-11......we were hit in a way we never expected even though they had warned us years before they would bring the towers down..THEY DID!

The week before 9-11 happened the same guys were in Gwinnett county flying small planes out of Briscoe Field...I don't think they were sight-seeing. If we remember they also tried to locate small crop dusting planes in Florida....again I don't think they wanted to dust crops either....what I'm getting at is, chemical sprays from small planes would decimate many....(am I wrong about this) I thought then & I still do that they were looking for additional targets...

The terror groups were LIVING in our midst before 9-11 & they are still smart enough to go unnoticed....they have a habit of completing their mission against us....it took them 11 years or so to bring the towers down....let me see ...2001 & 2013.....yep....it is time.

I don't pretend to have any answers......but the feeling I have won't go away....sorry for the gloom & doom post but when some are willing to die to get rid of us .....we need to think of all options.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/05/13 - 08:07 am
Good Morning "Your Destiny Is Short" America

This sort of fits in with Rants 5, 6, 8 and the requirements of guns in school.

My last post yesterday said I had things to do. Well, one was to mow my son's cemetery home lawn. When I arrived, I noticed that the two very expensive gate lights had been shot out. No doubt been done by a new generation of evolved animals that is being bred here in this once great nation of America.

I only hope this word get to you......As Like Many Of Your Kind, You Have Made Your Destiny In Life And It's No Doubt ..... SHORT!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/05/13 - 08:13 am
I'm sorry Cgee

Only a true punk & a jerk would do something like that...& since I'm in a gloomy mood already I will say bye bye ...have a good day..

navycubfan
navycubfan 09/05/13 - 08:16 am
Seen it...

My disdain for the current President is because he has to make everything into a media circus. I am old enough to remember the 1986 Libya bombings. President Reagan came on the TV AFTER the bombings and said.. "yep I did it and this is why." If I remember correctly, NO ONE questioned him (I may be wrong here). I get the feeling Mr Obama is looking for public approval before he does something. If he truly feels that Assad is responsible for Chemical warfare against his own people and if Mr Obama feels there is a credible threat to US interests and he can prove it to Congress, well blow the heck out of them and let the public and Assad find out as the bombs are falling not before and give him a chance to hide.

Edit---By the way Seen It I do agree with your concerns about future attacks and where they will come from. The question is how will we find out, now that Snowden has done things that could potentially neuter intelligence gathering efforts.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/05/13 - 08:15 am
seenit....it isn't dislike

seenit....it isn't dislike for the President that makes most oppose the war. It is distrust and lack of confidence in him. He has already made it clear that he doesn't want to attack in order to win, or to help one side against the other, but to just attack. He has NO idea how to fight a war, just as he has no idea what it takes to grow an economy. He has proven incompetent in almost everything he has done, so why should we support him in doing things when many lives will be on the line?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/05/13 - 08:32 am
Rant about Dr. King

"FIFTY YEARS AGO Dr. King ascended the mountain. Sadly, his followers took the low road to the valley. They have no shame. Dr. King weeps"

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/13 - 08:44 am
SeenIt, Reminds Me of Nixon's China Detente

I will say this about Obama and bombing Syria. It's like hard line cold warrior Nixon and his China visit. Conservatives wouldn't trust anyone but Nixon to begin relations with Communist China. Here liberals wouldn't trust anyone but soft line appeaser Obama to get us in another conflict. Heck, he wouldn't even bomb Benghazi when our ambassador was under attack.

Pops
Pops 09/05/13 - 08:48 am

"Maybe his followers saw his assassination as something rooted in hatred and voilence by Caucasions, so now the followers are just returning the same to Caucasians of today."

I don't think Dr. King comes to mind when "his followers" are returning hatred and violence. Mostly just doling out bad behavior.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/05/13 - 08:57 am
Darn RM

I though Benghazi has been forgotten and something of the past.

corgimom
corgimom 09/05/13 - 08:58 am
navycubfan, US Embassies are

navycubfan, US Embassies are US soil, no matter what country they are in.

However, the attacks in Syria were not done to the US embassy.

That is the huge difference.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/05/13 - 09:01 am
t3

Your mindset and many like you is the real problem America is suffering today.

I just can't believe you can even conceive making a comment like that.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/05/13 - 09:09 am
One Word

still rolls around in my brain on this Syria "you naughty boy" issue

**Limited**

I used this before,,,,"Common sense will tell you that you can't walk into a crowded Biker Bar, punch the largest one there in the face and think for a minute you can just turn around an just walk out".

navycubfan
navycubfan 09/05/13 - 09:11 am
Corgi

Agreed and agreed.. but what does that have to do with the media circus Mr. Obama is perpetrating???

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/13 - 09:17 am
Corgimom, I don't disagree, I

Corgimom, I don't disagree, I was just making the Nixon China-Obama Syria analogy.

CG, yeah, I saw Kerry too, basically throwing out the Hillary line of "what does Benghazi matter now."

raul
raul 09/05/13 - 09:18 am
Rant from GRU student without

Rant from GRU student without books. If a small problem like this stumps you, you might want to rethink college. Maybe ask some classmates if you can study with them or borrow their book until you can purchase your own. If you don't have a part time job, look for one.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/05/13 - 09:23 am
SIB4 - The Lawrenceville GA 9-11 terrorist

Yep ! Right under our noses.

1/31/01 and 2/6/01
Mohamed Atta and Al Shehhi performed check flights at
Advanced Aviation Flight Training in Lawrenceville, GA
265A-NY-28####

February 5,2001 - March 5, 2001
Mohamed Atta, Manvan, Al Shehhi were members
of Everybodies Fitness & Nutrition, Decatur, Georgia, a gym at which
memberships were good for one month
265A-NY-28####-AT
26SA-NY-28####-AT

March 22,2001
LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA
Flt #11 Terrorist
Mohamed Atta performed a solo flight.
He was in the air for approximately one hour.
Advanced Aviation Flight Training School.
Lawrenceville, GA.
265A-NY-28####

BTW:
He also trained briefly at the Duluth Gym just off the main drag.

Mohamed Atta also worked briefly for a convenience store on Satellite Blvd near the old closed down Target store.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/13 - 12:09 pm
Chronicle's Augusta Live

I see where the Chronicle has taken the next step to other electronic media with the Augusta Live feature. I eventually see a local news channel that is also carried by the local cable outlets. It makes sense to merge newspapers with online video and TV. The newspaper has tremendous costs to run their operations and needs to find ways to gain more revenue.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/05/13 - 09:53 am
When I Think Of 9-11,

It always brings back a memory of a day before 9-11 when my brother, son and I sat in the "Pink Panther", one performance table away from what we thought was a bunch of foreigners having a high time spending crack money. They were the ones who hijack and flew the planes.

If I only knew the future at that time.......

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/05/13 - 10:00 am
GRU student, have you ever

GRU student, have you ever thought about not buying the latest in clothes, shoes, phones or anything else so you can save to buy your own books. Sometimes you do have to give up things to do better.
T3, that is not a very bright statement you made. Pants below the belt line, underwear showing, foul language only hurt the person involved. Bad behavior and crime put them in jail. NOT what Dr. King was preaching and I am sure he would not be proud of those that act like that.