Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AUGUSTA CARES: YOU have to be kidding me. I have been calling for 21/2 years for the ditch next to my home to be cleaned. It fills up with water. It doesn’t drain. Now that it has taken so long, the road is deteriorating. They sent someone out to put up an orange cone last week. Every time I call, I’m told there are other people that have more important issues, they will get to it. Look what it’s going to cost the county to fix the ditch, road and driveway.

RANT FOR ALL THESE people walking the streets with their pants down. Why can’t you come into the year 2013 and act like human beings instead of cavemen? Where on Earth are their parents? If they can’t raise children with brains and respect, they should not have them.

THE AIKEN COUNTY library is in total filth and needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. The bathrooms are so dirty, I’m scared to use them.

THERE REALLY ARE NICE people in this world. A big thanks to the gentleman who helped our 16-year-old on Aug. 21. His car overheated on Hardy McManus Road. He pulled into Rivershyre, and a guy stopped and helped him figure out what was wrong. He drove him to Advanced Auto so he could get a radiator hose and coolant. I only wish the 16-year-old could remember his name so we could give him a big thanks.

WE HAVE SOME VERY old and stupid laws on the books that are way past due for change. Three teenagers murder an innocent man for the fun of it, get caught and confess, but because of their age they do not qualify for the death penalty. Society needs to be rid of these gun-toting animals.

TAILGATING ON Sweet­water Road? Sing it, sister/brother! I travel this road twice daily and am surprised when I am not tailgated. I admit to often driving 5 mph over the posted limit, and still I’m tailgated. That’s a sure way to make me slow down. That’s a dangerous curvy road, people! Oh, and you folks who fly around me just to slam on brakes 100 feet down the road to turn … really?

RANT TO NORTH Au­gus­ta High School. The traffic pattern in the after­noon is horrible. Put it back the way it has always been. … Forty minutes to pick up a rider is unacceptable.

WHO APPROVED THE trees to be cut down by Ivy Falls in Columbia County? What a shame.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:16 pm
RANT TO NORTH Au­gus­ta High School about the traffic.

Mommy door service should be restricted to parents with kids who are physically handicapped.

Otherwise Taxpayers have provided transportation.
Or meet the kid ON FOOT at the crosswalk, then walk and talk together on the way home.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:20 pm
My cure for being tailgated.

I slow down and down and down, then taken off up the speed limit plus a little and repeated as needed.

I have called 9-1-1 a few times when I see RCSO passing by.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:38 pm
WE HAVE SOME VERY old and stupid laws on the books ...

Here is one example of a very old law BUT if enforce and /or obeyed would be a major cure to illegitimate births or STD's in GA.

16-6-18. Fornication.
An unmarried person commits the offense of fornication when he voluntarily has sexual intercourse with another person and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

Lets take this a step further for Stinks and Giggles.

Under Ga. Law, a criminal cannot profit or receive $$$ from
their criminal activities. So Federal and GA support payments for any births resulting from mutual fornication could technically be banned from the mama or the donator, and administered by a court appointed guardian, or the child being evidence in a court case, could be confiscated and adopted out to a married family. OR, the maybe the court would allow the Marriage of the pair provided gainful employment, and infant care is proven.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:40 pm
THE AIKEN COUNTY library is in total filth ...

Is the THE AIKEN COUNTY library over run by homeless seeking cooler settings like many libraries have become?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:52 pm
dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/03/13 - 08:48 pm
"...Three teenagers murder an innocent man

... for the fun of it, ... but because of their age they do not qualify for the death penalty..."

If they were white and killed a black man, they would- somehow; Holder's so-called "Justice Department" along with the Great Divider would be calling for their heads.

Legal - schmeagal; when has that mattered to that pair?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/03/13 - 08:53 pm
Myself, I like sagging pants

... on thugs. TRY to carry a handgun with no support around the waist. The result goes something like below:

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/03/13 - 08:54 pm
A typical joke about Saggin...

Is it a style or did the Soil their pants?
Which explains the waddle walk also.

But I think what it really is, is lack a of brains, lack of Parental supervision, a main stream culture and absents of self respect.

gladtobeinna
gladtobeinna 09/03/13 - 09:06 pm
Sweetwater Road

I, too, travel down Sweetwater Road occasionally. It is such a beautiful drive. It disgusts me the way you have to be on such pins and needles to pacify the idiots in the trucks. Five miles over the speed limit just makes them mad. They stay on your bumper. Passing on a double yellow line is the norm... especially on the bridges. There have been many serious accidents over the years. In rural counties there are just not enough deputies to patrol all the areas.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/03/13 - 09:21 pm
You use both bathrooms

"THE AIKEN COUNTY library is in total filth and needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. The bathrooms are so dirty, I’m scared to use them."

You use both bathrooms?

justthefacts
20031
justthefacts 09/03/13 - 09:54 pm
River

You watching the Gattis show? Man, can he hit. He can't catch a cold, but the dude can rake.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/03/13 - 10:06 pm
He stole a base, too. He

He stole a base, too. He actually runs pretty fast. I think I told you before, but Gattis and Medlen are my two favorite Braves. Beautiful night.

justthefacts
20031
justthefacts 09/03/13 - 10:09 pm
Incredible

These Braves have one injury after another and yet they keep on. Post season will be interesting for sure.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/03/13 - 11:13 pm
Ivy Falls

@ Ranter # 8:

Were the trees on private property, or on county right of way? It makes a difference.

rebellious
20118
rebellious 09/03/13 - 11:39 pm
Rant #1

Dichotomy------> Cut it out, stick to the posters pages and don't call in Rants. I mean it, you.....

rebellious
20118
rebellious 09/03/13 - 11:49 pm
The Older I Get

the more creative I am with dealing with irritations. On tailgaters, first let me tell you I carry a big dog in my car. One that barks here and bites there, if you catch my drift. So that allows me to operate from a position of confidence.

First, I tap the brake! Not enough to slow the car, just enough to make the brake lights come on. Then they either recognize the error of their ways, or they get ticked off. Follow the decision chart. If the know they were wrong, stop here. If they get ticked...next paragraph.

I very casually shake my hand, with a proper finger extended (the pointer finger for all you nasty minded) in a "don't do that" fashion. They either recognize the error of their way, or get further ticked off. If (A), stop here, If (B), read the next paragraph.

I put on my blinker at each road I come to....maybe for only two to three blinks, then switch it off. I also am careful to do THE SPEED LIMIT!. No more, No Less. See tailgaters options above, follow directions as previously indicated.

I have never had anything escalate beyond, and people become incredibly respectful after the last step.

Crazy, ain't it?

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/04/13 - 06:38 am
AUGUSTA CARES -Undeserved RANT

Ms. King and her staff have always been pretty good at getting things scheduled or done.

I don't buy 2.5 years, I don't buy 2.5 months, some one is stretching the truth.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/04/13 - 06:43 am
Tailgators?

I just get out of the left lane!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/04/13 - 06:46 am
Sagging Pants

I watched a Doctor on television talking about that yesterday and talking about the problems they are seeing because of it. It causes nerve damage in the legs and feet of the people who do it and not only that but erectile dysfunction also! Yes, this person is an MD and has been treating many for it. So, Guys, pull em up or you won't be able to get it up!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/04/13 - 07:06 am
I can't think of anything to comment on

Sagging pants look so stupid I feel embarrassed for the youngsters who think it's a fashion statement.
Hey Seenit, River and everyone else!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 07:38 am
OOhh shrimp--shrimp-shrimp ♥

Every time I see your name you make me want shimp & grits....:)

Rebel..haha..I thought the same thing about the ditch rant...he is sending in rants now..haha

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 07:41 am
Saving taxayers money

I see Castro the kidnapper killed himself...well that is the official word...& we all believe officials.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/04/13 - 07:56 am
Libraries and Sneakers in the Toilet

I’ve got public libraries on my mind today. With the rants the past couple of days about the Aiken Public Library, I detect ulterior motives. It’s highly unlikely comments criticizing the library would appear on consecutive days. I believe it’s a personal conflict of some type.

However, my whole distain for public brick and mortar libraries is still present. Seeing the rundown old Augusta Library photos, reaffirms the waste of money these things are responsible for.

Eliminate public brick and mortar libraries along with their costly staffs. Create online libraries where thousands of communities share works to a degree no one traditional library could. Matter of fact, let private enterprise create the mega online library. The purpose of a library is to loan books, not to provide all these feel good programs.

If an online library provides the best service to a community that’s the one to support and not compete against with tens of millions of taxpayer money. Consider all the money Aiken and Richmond counties spend on libraries to end up as what we see.

(Hey, Shrimp)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 08:05 am
Oh Brother!

If "some" had their way ....we wouldn't have a Public Library---a Post Office & probably book stores either.....the time is not right yet to do away with any of these important assets in our world....just because YOU have money for the puter & internet doesn't mean the rest of the world has it...some kids never see a book or puter in their home.....wait til I'm dead & gone before you push these ideas...but don't wish me dead & gone though!! Pleeeze

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 08:09 am
That must be some kind of DAWG!

"Then I invite the Dawg to sit on the dash of my car. That usually takes care of the problem."

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/04/13 - 08:14 am
Yahoo Prostate Health Ads

Yahoo runs ads for men's prostate health and has photos of fried eggs sunny side up, sausage or something. Heh, what's the purpose of that? Are the pictures supposed to look like a prostate gland? It all kind of gives me a painful, queasy feeling and makes me want to delay breakfast.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/04/13 - 08:23 am
Electronic Libraries

Yes, I was talking just this week to someone who said she was a patron of a library where you check out e-books by downloading to her Kindle. There is no charge, and the book is deleted from her Kindle after two weeks. I failed to ask her what library it was. Does our own East Central Georgia Regional offer that service?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 08:24 am
Speaking of prostate trouble

I like Sen Graham & Sen McCain.....even if he does play poker video while in congress....I think McCain was right when he says if we had taken some measures a few years ago....we wouldn't see dead children now in the news...at least not by chemicals...I wish we could say President McCain will decide what steps to take....at least he has been there & knows the deal.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/04/13 - 08:43 am
Good Morning "Gotta Idea" America.

Dichotomy, lets get a load of Rip Rap, Crush & Run and a Culvert Pipe and fix your driveway and ditch. I have the equipment.

Then charge countyman....

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/04/13 - 08:44 am
Pics of chemical weapons

nocnoc was nice enough to put these pics on anothere thread...

Now tell me all you war vets....how hard would it be to bring this to the USA? Easy-peasy in my book.