Rants & Raves

PEANUTS GROW in the ground like taters.

STOP THE RACISM. The whites are as bad as the blacks and vice versa. We all came from Adam and Eve, and we are all brothers and sisters. We are all the same. I love everybody equally.

ISN’T IT TOO BAD that Nikki Haley didn’t come from Georgia rather than South Carolina? She is a wonderful, get-things-done governor. In contrast, look at Nathan Deal, a typical, do-nothing-good politician. How did South Carolina get so lucky? Down with Deal and his Regents buddies. We can do so much better for Georgia.

WHEN GAY PEOPLE move into an area, they clean it up.

WE NEED TO remember God and country.

I AM A VETERAN and I am an alcoholic, but the Army did not cause my alcoholism. I caused it myself. That veteran in the paper is just looking for a scapegoat. Admit that you have a problem and get help. The military will help. It is hard, but they will help.

SUNDAY’S OPINION pages were outstanding. I just reread the whole section. Keep up the good work.

I AM 85 YEARS OLD and I have been having lots of medical problems. The sheriff’s office sent a car just to see if I was all right. I want to express my appreciation.

MY GRANDCHILD GOES to a Grovetown school. She has tried for two years to get on sports teams. Her teacher will not let her on it because she is not rich. I don’t think it is fair. She tried for soccer, baseball and basketball. They only pick the rich people’s kids. They won’t let the poor kids play.

SOMEONE PLEASE, please look into how many students are attending North Augusta schools who don’t live here. Every day in the carpool lines I see car after car with Georgia tags. The kids will come right out and tell you they don’t live here. Our schools are over capacity by hundreds. Please do a better job of checking residency requirements.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/30/13 - 07:18 pm
Residency

If you have a situation involving divorce, it is entirely possible that the child is registered at the non-custodial parent’s residence in S.C., but the custodial parent drives the child over from Georgia. Just chill out. It all evens out in the wash.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/30/13 - 07:20 pm
Ranter #9

Sorry, you gave yourself away. Our schools do not offer after-school baseball for girls. You have been caught in a delusion.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/30/13 - 09:48 pm
Saggin, G-wings, Micro-Minis,

female wide open arm sleeveless tops without under garments.
12 y/o wearing hooker cloths, need I go on?

We have all seen it and wonder what the hell type of drugs their mother is on. OR what happen to adult female or male self respect and basic morals in public?

Where do we start arresting,
or start refusing service due to improper dress?

rebellious
20780
rebellious 08/30/13 - 10:26 pm
Can't help myself

Them danged Rich People! Their kids playing all the sports. Makes me sick! It has nothing to do with the fact my poor baby is horrible at the sport trying out for. It is "The Man" trying to keep me down. OooooBaaaMaaaa help me please.

Gonna go dig some Taters from the Tater tree. Or Bush, Or plant.

I have fallen and I can't get up! Hey Sheriff Roundtree, thanks for sending a car to see about me. I now lub you, and want a bobblehead of you to put next to my Obamer bobblehead. Meanwhile, body parts are showing somewhere in South Augusta and the officer is 10-100.

As for the schools of North Augusta being infiltrated.... you caught us!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/30/13 - 11:13 pm
Rich kids?

Grovetown?

Really?

The Grovetown in Columbia County, Georgia?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/30/13 - 11:16 pm
The whole opinion thing

... leaves me cold; we get that on-line every day. But this kinda cheered me up:

Don't mess with Texas ... or their kids.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/13 - 02:35 am
Besides the obvious The last

Besides the obvious The last rant is correct. Keep your trash at home. We've enough of our own, without artificial insemination.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/13 - 02:39 am
rebellious,

receives the relevant, but not quite,reward!!!!

just kidding reb!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/13 - 04:41 am
I'm CORNFUUSSEED

Have we ever in history...

Told our enemy when we would strike
Where we will hit
How long it will last
why we are doing it
Explain we won't topple anything or anyone

Shock & Awe = Tickle & Yawn

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/13 - 04:44 am
Well yesum I think we do.

We will speak to Rebel & coldbeer...please accept our apologies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/13 - 05:02 am
Can't help myself either !! Rebel

ain't gonna try---get all choked up inside--sugarpie honey bunch...

love that song...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/13 - 05:21 am
Gonna go dig some Taters from the Tater tree

THAT sounds like the title of a good book my friend....something kin to GWTW or maybe Tobacco Road.....might write with one hand while coloring the mural with the other...haha

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/13 - 05:40 am
Chuckle for today..:)

After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in his seat and closed his eyes.

As the train rolled out of the station, the young woman sitting next to him pulled
out her cell phone and started talking in a loud voice:
"Hi sweetheart. It's Sue. I'm on the train".
"Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty, but I had a long meeting".
"No, honey, not with that Kevin from the accounting office. It was with the boss".
"No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life".
"Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart!"

Fifteen minutes later, she was still talking loudly.

When the man sitting next to her had enough, he leaned over and said into the phone,
"Sue, hang up the phone and come back to bed."

Sue is no longer an annoyance to others. She doesn't use her cell phone in public any more.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/13 - 08:22 am
Good Morning "Without A Leader" America

We are now a country without a Constitution, We are now a country that is teaching our children that the Government is their family, We are a now a country without God, Morals and Common Sense, We are now a country that because of a sick, non-America Piece is about to make this country "NOT A COUNTRY".

We are all to blame so are we all satisfied NOW?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/31/13 - 08:38 am
Too late for taters

If they haven't been dug up and stored by now, they be rotten.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/31/13 - 08:41 am
Lovin Spoonful

Interestingly enough, I listened to the Lovin Spoonful yesterday. That's a great song. But I have something serious to bring up. That body found in Phinizy Swamp yesterday. I think Bob Young is involved. Check out the story and see if it doesn't seem fishy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/31/13 - 08:42 am
JTF, only time the visitors'

JTF, only time the visitors' side is not sunny at Sanford Stadium is at night.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/31/13 - 08:51 am
Oh come on

Quit whining, I will wave at you from the shade!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/31/13 - 08:52 am
River, you ready

For a butt kicking?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/31/13 - 08:54 am
JTF

I'm watching ESPN right NOW. I can't wait. I'm going to time EVERYTHING today so I don't miss a minute. It's going to be a barnburner. Close as all get out and high scoring.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/31/13 - 08:56 am
Weather

They are saying possible rain. Wouldn't that throw a monkey wrench into it? Heading to the course, then back to get ready. Good luck (but not too much).

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/13 - 09:06 am
#4

And?? What's your point? Don't beat around the bush, make your point boldly!!

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 08/31/13 - 09:08 am
2 - 4 - 8

2.) Correction - we did NOT come from Adam and Eve - we came from Australopithecus afarensis about 3.2 mya........you're welcome.

4.) No we don't!

8.) Really? Is that some of that "Christian love" I always hear about in the C.S.R.A.? Answer to your problem. Get your facts or video together and sue the hell out of C.C.B.O.E. Good luck!

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/13 - 09:11 am
#9

What you're saying MIGHT be correct; it's hard to tell and I'm sure it does happen. But I'm ALWAYS skeptical of parents and grandparents and THEIR blind love for them. Like the parents of criminals always saying their son or daughter is a "good person" AFTER their 15th arrest!!

My point is; have you ever thought maybe your grandchild simply is NOT good enough to make the team? I've coached sports and I've seen this first hand; EVERYONE believes their child SHOULD be on the team and starting!!

This is a product of the less competitive society and EVERYONE deserves a trophy!! NO, they don't!! Some children need to either PRACTICE MORE or seek their entertainment in other arena's.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/13 - 09:13 am
Lets Have An AC Blog Member Poll.

The United States should attack Syria?

UP = Yes
Down = No

I'll start it.

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/13 - 09:22 am
"DON’T WE HAVE LAWS that

"DON’T WE HAVE LAWS that protect us from offensive, indecent exposure of body parts? We ought to arrest these people who are exposing themselves in south Augusta. It’s trash and garbage."

Actually, we do!! BUT, it's not politically correct to enforce them!! If we arrest someone for wearing their pants around their knees, exposing their underwear, we are called racist!! Even if we've also arrested numerous white punks for the same offense!! Political correctness is a WMD!! It actually works quite well and the LP's of the world KNOW THIS!!

I hear this all the time from deputies!! Instead of ending up like McDuffie, losing their career and ability to provide for their family; SOME, not all; choose to avoid the POSSIBILTY of confrontation on racial lines!! This causes SOME to not do their jobs to the fullest extent!! Others, like myself; couldn't care less about political correctness!! I will do the RIGHT THING and then let the chips fall where they fall!!

About 6 or 7 years ago; I knew a deputy who stopped a vehicle for loud music coming from the vehicle. The music was so loud it rattled the deputy's windows. During the traffic stop, the offender told him "I didn't know there was a law against playing loud music." The deputy told him, and it was all recorded on audio; "Yes, there is a law against it, but you shouldn't be so stupid to need a law. You should respect other people enough not to rattle their windows with your music."

The deputy was suspended for 5 days without pay for calling the person stupid and told he didn't have the demeanor for the job!! He was told he would be fired if it happened again!!

We are being punished for telling people the TRUTH!!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/31/13 - 09:35 am
Ah, yes, "Justice"

... is meted out to the three thugs who attacked the white kid on the bus. Probation. And, in a move that will be roundly condemed by Jessee and Al and the whole grievance machine, forced to wear the shameful mark of Cain, an ankle monitor, for up to SIXTY whole days.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/31/13 - 09:37 am

I think that's the first thumbs down I've ever given to a CobaltGeorge post.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/31/13 - 09:38 am
Talley

When I made my thumbs down the talley was 0 - 4. Now it's 1 - 4. I guess t3bledsoe just logged on.

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/13 - 09:47 am
George

I voted no!! Because by attacking Syria, we are strengthening Al Qaeda, who IS the resistance against Assad!! We are following a PATTERN, which is very concerning. Egypt, Libya and now Syria; the leaders of the Countries WERE disgusting men, indeed. But they also were men who were content with dictating THEIR Country and didn't want all out Jihad with Israel. These governments under Mubarak, Kadafi and now Assad; have not attacked Israel. Yes, attacks have been launched FROM Syria, but it wasn't the Syrian government, but factions of radical islamists.

This is the EXACT reason, Al Qaeda want's them removed!! These leaders were and ARE NOT doing enough against Israel!! The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda want to set up a caliphate around Israel, and WE are going to help them by bombing Assad!! Al Qaeda WILL take over that Country if Assad falls!!

All of these "Freedom Revolutions" are just disguises to hide MB and Al Qaeda's true intentions. Why do you think the revolutionaries in Egypt are burning Christian Churches and murdering Christians?

Mohamed Morsi was a Muslim Brotherhood leader and they had high expectations for him. He PREACHED jihad against Israel, over and over again!! But did NOTHING. They tired of his preaching, with no action!! Morsi was a radical, yes; but he then became the leader of Egypt and that power is addicting!! He didn't want to risk losing that power and prestige, by attacking Israel!! He became more about HIMSELF than the jihad movement!! Meanwhile, the people who supported him; didn't have such good lives. They were waiting on him to wage Jihad and they didn't get what they desired. The Muslim Brotherhood WAS behind his ousting!! The want complete control over Egypt and they want a radical who WILL DO SOMETHING!!

All these leaders that we are supporting the ousting of, have one thing in common; they may not LIKE Israel but they wouldn't openly attack them. Mubarak, Morsi, Kadafi, and Assad might be extremists, but they were also egocentric, more so than concerned about the movement!! THIS, was a problem with their base!!

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.