Rants & Raves

IT’S TIME that the members of the Rich­mond County Board of Education put the students first. Those board members who don’t vote to get a new superintendent need to be voted out, too. The children of Richmond County need new leadership now.

IT IS A SAD STATE of affairs when the police are in fear for their lives when confronted by teenagers. The problem is that those kids have no respect for the law and no morals. Many of those children are armed and very dangerous. Where are their parents?

WHY DOES THE ‘LOCAL’ news insist on reporting national and international stories? We already have a half-dozen 24/7 networks doing that. Less Walter Cronkite, more local interest items, please.

AL-JAZEERA AMERICA? Would we have had Radio Berlin America during World War II? We will never beat these guys.

I AM A MIDDLE-AGE woman. I applied for food stamps 2 ½ months ago and am having trouble getting results. I have yet to receive information either of a denial of acceptance. I am sorry to say this about your beautiful city, but I think your system stinks. Unfortunately, every time I go to the office, I get nothing but the runaround.

OPRAH WINFREY MADE $77 million last year, but it doesn’t stop her from being a racist.

I HAD SURGERY and was a patient in University Hospital on the 10th floor. I had many people assisting me during my stay, and every one of them went out of the way to be helpful and nice. I appreciate being treated with dignity and respect.

IT IS AMAZING that “thank you” is not on the menu at some of these fast-food chains. In times past, any amount of your business was appreciated by using such words as “thank you,” but not anymore. The best you can expect is “here you go.” And sometimes not even that. I realize these are changing times, but one thing that should never change is your gratitude.

FOR THE PERSON correcting the WJBF news department in the classification of peanuts as a plant. Please try using an online dictionary before you make corrections. From the Free Online Dictionary I quote “bush: noun 1. a low plant with many branches that arise from or near the ground. 2. a small cluster of shrubs appearing as a single plant.”

THE MUSLIM Brotherhood has called for “anger” in Egypt. What else is new?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/28/13 - 07:54 am
You are brave

What would your mural represent?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/13 - 07:55 am
What would your mural represent?

The GANG on here, of course! ♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/28/13 - 07:56 am
Good Morning "What Can I Say" America

Viewing all those YouTube video's about things Blacks are doing, make me wonder if humanity no longer exist. I know I could never do some of them, no matter how I felt or what life I live. I have never experience the hate that some have. I didn't even see it in my enemy during war time battle.

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 08/28/13 - 07:58 am
SeenIt

Just get a few cans of spray paint and find things to deface. But, seeerriooously, I've thought every now and then about taking an art class or learn to play the guitar. Then I forget it. Eisenhower learned to paint by doing those paint by the numbers things. Maybe I should just get me a coloring book. I COULD stay in the lines...maybe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/13 - 07:58 am
Fur--Further---Furthest--

Don't yall know "nothing"..

I have to go a fur piece to get to the mall. (example)

Riverman1
82060
Riverman1 08/28/13 - 08:01 am
Notice the quotes from you

Notice the quotes from you know who.

dichotomy
31958
dichotomy 08/28/13 - 08:09 am
countyman..."Either way the

countyman..."Either way the city needs to work on building an town center development in the rural part of South Augusta(Peach Orchard between Brown rd/Hwy 88"

Well I won't argue with that. That is exactly what and where it would work. But I won't hold my breath waiting for the majority of THIS commission to realize there are still people on the Southeast end of the county that are taxPAYERS with jobs and disposable income who haven't moved...YET. I will admit though that I am starting to feel like the old guy who refused to evacuate and stayed at the lake up on Mount St. Helens. The pyroclastic flow of mismanagement, poor service, and Section 8 just keeps rolling this way.

We will take rumors for Dunkin' Donuts and a Denny's and put them in the sack with the Five Guys. I kind of like Denny's so I hope that one comes about. Wish we could get a Hardee's back out here too. And I and NOT biting on the tease about a Target off of Bobby Jones in South Augusta. I figure that is about a snowball's chance in hell. But like the Five Guys, Denny's, Dunkin' Donuts.......only a "grand opening" would prove me wrong.

harley_52
harley_52 08/28/13 - 08:11 am
Countyman...

....Thanks for the update. I appreciate the information you share very much.

clayhill
clayhill 08/28/13 - 08:12 am
Rant to Obama for his plans

Rant to Obama for his plans to bomb Syria for using chemical weapons when he would not think of bombing Russia or China if they used them. Pick on the little guy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/13 - 08:12 am
WHAT dioes he mean with this??

The Mcbean area of South Augusta and the city limits of Hephzibah both need to become more suburban. The Bennock Mill area of South Augusta and the city limits of Blythe both need to become exurbs.

dichotomy
31958
dichotomy 08/28/13 - 08:28 am
Ranter #5........"I AM A

Ranter #5........"I AM A MIDDLE-AGE woman. I applied for food stamps 2 ½ months ago and am having trouble getting results."

Well there you go. You don't fit the norm. Our welfare office is only geared to 17 year old girls with 3 babies, each of which has a different last name and a first name that even baby mama can't spell.

OR.......

Possibly you are white.

I think every taxPAYER in the county ought to go down and apply for welfare, food stamps, Section 8, and a couple or three Obamaphones and grind the whole process to a halt by swapping them with applications. No law against asking and you might get lucky.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/28/13 - 08:29 am
McDuffie Co

Has armed their schools

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/13 - 08:29 am
Not much to comment on

So I will just say good morning and wait for something to come up.

Have I been playing too nice? No love notes from Sean. I am beginning to think he doesn't love me anymore. :-(

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/13 - 08:33 am
There it is

The Syria issue. When your enemies are fighting each other, step back and let 'em go at it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/28/13 - 08:41 am
clayhill

Who do you really think we will be bombing when we bomb Syria?

I wish the Good God that we would completely stay out this issue for many reasons.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/13 - 08:45 am
CG

We aren't even sure who the "good guys" are over there.

JRC2024
JRC2024 08/28/13 - 08:52 am
CG and RoadKiLL I am with

CG and RoadKiLL I am with you. I would not wast $.50 on those people over there. Let them kill themselves as they always have.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/28/13 - 08:53 am
B4

Mural - will I be running bare ? Hehe

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/13 - 08:57 am
Emperor Supporters

Where are you? I need you to explain to me why it's OK for the Emperor to go with what he voted against as a Senator. And where is the world-wide coalition?

Silly me. The Emperor said it so it must be so.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/13 - 09:15 am
Characters on the mural..:)

Yes mam lilly you will be in the flesh...bare as can be..:) But but but countyman will be in front covering up the most important spots...so don't worry.....Roadkill will be in his big ole 18 wheeler....Cgee will have his 6 shooter on......River will be in a boat on the river with AR in the boat with him..hehheh....Sean will be flying over the place in a plane ready to jump out....Lillelamb & nocnoc will have their papers & facts & data lists...... dichotomy will be lying in his ditch in front of his house...making a point to the commish......the commish will be there too...along with Sylvia....also Roundtree...

Many others ...I'm still working on the plans....don't yall tick me off on here because plans could change in a skinny minute & that means the whole THANG could be turned upside down. :)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/13 - 09:24 am
Put me in a Peterbilt

Cause when old drivers loose their libido they just get a new Peterbilt.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/28/13 - 09:25 am
Syria

To attack Syria will end up not good for the United States of America.

How can intelligent humans support the worst leader that America has ever had? The is the beginning of the never ending end!

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/28/13 - 09:27 am
"OPRAH WINFREY MADE $77 million last year, but it doesn’t stop

her from being a racist...."

Exactly on WHAT do you base your RACIST comment/

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/28/13 - 09:29 am
Mural

I think I dated Mural once!! ;-)

rebellious
20569
rebellious 08/28/13 - 09:30 am
things learnt today

Fur, further, furtherist!
Pyro...what?
Suburb, exurb, urburb.

Guy walks into the bar and says "I am ready to take names and kick arse" I seys to him, you better just take my name.

Dad always said "Fools names and monkey's faces are often found in public places"

Leave me off that mural, thank you very much.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/28/13 - 09:31 am
Nostradamus

It seems that his predictions may be coming true!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/28/13 - 09:32 am
Young Fred, you hit the nail

Young Fred, you hit the nail on the head with the food stamps. Why would they government go out of their way to get a middle aged person dependent on them when they could get a younger woman with 5 or 6 future voters to get dependent....it's just a waste of their time.

rebellious
20569
rebellious 08/28/13 - 09:34 am
Roadkill

I had that problem once. Stopped taking my daily dose of Coxufloppin. Problem went away

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/13 - 09:42 am
Leave me off that mural

OOoh no can do my friend...YOU & coldbeer will have the "brightest" colors...kinda stand out from the crowd...sorta like peacocks in a peacocky kind of way...."cocky" birds. I'm loving this more & more.:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/28/13 - 09:43 am
Hahaha

Good ones B4 hahah RM and AR in the same boat and Sean jumping out of the plane - don't forget HA - she'll be writing down what we do and when we say no, we didn't do that - she'll say I can prove it and she can!

Project hits snag over restroom

The Augusta Regional Collaborative Project hit a roadblock this week when a city inspector declared the Metro Augusta Chamber of Commerce building unfit for occupancy until a first-floor restroom ...