Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

HOW ARE THE American people supposed to find jobs when no one is willing to hire you to give you the opportunity nor the experience you need? What’s the point of even going to college to get an education now?

I AGREE THAT women around here are looking like they have never seen a hair comb, or, for that matter, seen a bathtub. I have never walked outside to even check the mail looking like a nasty mess, so why can’t you young girls take some pride in yourselves?

RAVE TO Dr. Chutkan and his staff. My back surgery was done Aug. 15. I was taken very good care of, and their genuine concern was greatly appreciated. A big rave to all the nurses on 4 West at GRU. You all did a great job of taking care of me. God bless you.

GOV. NATHAN DEAL and his business/political cronies are about to hit online buyers with a tax increase. Meanwhile, $200 million in taxes goes to build a football stadium in Atlanta for a billionaire owner to replace a stadium that works just fine.

WE ARE ABOUT to pay dearly for the sins of our brilliant federal government. Inflation is coming: the dollar is losing whatever value it had thanks to Quantitative Easing III; meat prices will be rising rapidly because of the EPA’s requirement of ethanol and the resulting shortage of feed corn; oil prices will continue to rise because of the no-drill/no-pipeline policy of our federal government and the possibility of the Suez Canal being threatened by Egypt’s problems. And then there’s Obamacare.

IT’S TOO BAD no one proofread the GRU diplomas before they went out. Having said that, I wrote a review for a local business and my typo is still there on its Web site.

I AGREE WITH the person about summer school. Why try to pass during the regular school term when you can pay for passing in summer school? What a joke.

JESSE JACKSON JR. to receive $8,700 a month from the taxpayers for bipolar disorder when serving his federal sentence. Sounds like a scam. When was this ailment discovered, and were voters informed of this problem when he ran for office? Something is definitely wrong with this. How many others in the government claim medical maladies other than lack of brain matter?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/13 - 06:22 pm
Dressed with class vs. Dressed to get looks

That is why there several wide varying descriptive terms for women.

Those that earn the title "Lady" in the respectful sense, have become far and in between.

allhans
allhans 08/26/13 - 06:29 pm
A woman in the library today

A woman in the library today was hanging out of her tank top...talk about cleavage.....

KSL
KSL 08/26/13 - 07:35 pm
You guys

LOL,

So much to comment on and this was your first comment.

KSL
KSL 08/26/13 - 07:36 pm
Ranter 1

Easy answer. You educate yourself in an area that is needed and valuable.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/13 - 07:55 pm
Sorry Ladies...

I went right to the breast of the problem.
lack of class and culture, grace and style by a growing number of
____________.

corgimom
corgimom 08/26/13 - 08:25 pm
How does the American people

How does the American people find jobs?

Well, the ones that find jobs don't think that an employer owes them a darn thing, for one. Perhaps the employment problem with Ranter #1 is his entitlement attitude.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/26/13 - 09:24 pm
Six Flags

Like I mentioned a few weeks ago; the dress code at Six Flags Over Georgia is, “If you have cleavage, you must show it.”

KSL
KSL 08/26/13 - 11:22 pm
"How does the American

"How does the American people"?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/13 - 05:31 am
Jesse Jr

It would be racist and discriminatory if we didn't give Jr the money i worked for.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/27/13 - 06:04 am
Jobs

First pick something besides an Art or Political Science Degree. Say something that actually has an application in life that pays well. Second, when you show up for an interview dress to impress, not your street clothes, your pants hanging down or your pajamas and bedroom slippers. Third, be able to pass a drug and alcohol test, and Fourth, try not to have a criminal record before you even apply!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/13 - 06:46 am
Jobs

Aw c'mon CBBP. Deny all these young people their freedom of expression. When I had my business one of my employees had several facial piercings. I told him that while he was on the job he had to remove them. I didn't care what he dressed like on his own time but while he was representing me and my business he had to meet MY dress code. Heck, even McDonalds has a uniform.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/13 - 06:54 am
Jobs continued

My youngest who is a senior in high school is planning of majoring in Spanish with a minor in political science in hopes of securing a job with the State Department. I asked her if she knew how hard it is to get a government job. Her reply. "Dad if I can't I can always go back to college for one semester and get my teaching credentials. Then I can teach Spanish in school if I have to"

Yep, I am proud of her. I must have taught her something about planning for life.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/27/13 - 06:56 am
Taxes and Liberal and Actors

remember all those Hollywood activists telling us how we needed to pay our fair share in taxes and 75% or 90% was fair?

The ones that jumped on the Obama Band Wagon and spoke of Socialist ideas like Re-Distribution of Wealth?

Well it seems they are now fleeing Calif. due to the High Taxes being imposed to support the very things they got on camera to champion and demand.

It turns out they forgot to mention Hollywood HAD special tax exemptions, allowing them not to have to pay taxes on most incomes.

Now those tax holes are being filled in to cover the massive debt in Calif. so now the Studios, Producers and actors are pulling up stakes.

I guess their damage has been done there and it time to more to another country or NYC.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/27/13 - 07:02 am
Ashton Kutcher Answered First Rant

For the young ranter who complained about the lack of opportunity, man do I have something for you. Look at what Ashton Kutcher said.

“Teens should build their own lives and find opportunities. I believe that opportunity looks a lot like work. When I was 13, I had my first job with Dad carrying shingles to the roof, and then I got a job washing dishes at a restaurant, and then I got a job in a grocery store deli, and then I got a job in a factory sweeping Cheerio dust off the ground.

"And I never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. And every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job, and I never quit my job until I had my next job. And so opportunities look a lot like work.”

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/27/13 - 07:07 am
CBBP left out a couple

Don't have a stupid tattoo up your neck, an oreo cookie in your earlobe, or decorations anywhere that can't be temporarily removed or covered up. Express all you like, just do it on your own time and dime.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 07:09 am
At least a little chuckle :)

Commissioners discuss decorum

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 07:11 am
Getting a job

And don't wear flip-flops--have a baby on your hip---unwashed hair--& dirty clothes...yep that happens too.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/13 - 07:11 am
Middle East

Our enemies are fighting each other. Stay out of it an let 'em fight. It would be trying to break up a fight between siblings. You grab one and then BOTH turn on you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 07:28 am
Youze guys on here

About this color & mural on the bridge...

The best thing that could happen to Augusta is to brighten the place...if ANYTHING ever needed some light ..ha.. that place does..if it fades it can be refreshed...look at this like the broken window idea...

Beautiful colors have always stimulated my soul.......just like characters on here......some on here are VERY colorful..

allhans
allhans 08/27/13 - 07:32 am
I heard that Kutcher was in

I heard that Kutcher was in trouble with his liberal friends and wondered what he had done. Thanks, Riverman, for the quote.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/27/13 - 07:40 am
Allhans, I encourage you and

Allhans, I encourage you and others to view the video of his speech given at the Teen Awards. What’s funny is the young crowd doesn’t comprehend what he’s saying and girls scream at his lines like at a rock concert without any idea what they mean. It’s an incongruous scene. Liberals are now slamming him saying he is trying to promote himself. I mean what in the world is wrong with what he said? Hard work?

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 08/27/13 - 08:05 am
# 1

You do know this is Augusta, don't you? You know that merit, talent, skill, and ability means virtually nothing in this town, uh, excuse me, let me correct myself, this village, when being a job candidate, right? Your best bet is a worn and tired cliche', but I'm going to use it anyways - "It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know." And that my friends is a fact. If I wanted to blow up the internet this very moment, I could regale you two stories of people and how they "got their jobs" that would make you say: "C'mon man, you made that story up, didn't you? C'mon man, c'mon, you're pulling my leg." But the clincher is this - I can have MULTIPLE people factually back up these tales. But because I try to resolve problems as opposed to start them, let me throw some "advice" your way.
1.) If capable, leave Augusta.
2.) If capable, leave the United States.
3.) If # 2 is improbable, move to a "large" city - you know, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minneapolis, etc. Small towns (Augusta) are just nepotism cliques.
4.) Stupidity is a virtue in this country, NOT a detriment. Act as stupid and obnoxious as you can and maybe you can get a "reality" television show. The Kardashians, all the Housewives of (fill in the blank) County, and Moonshiners / Tickle / The Appalachian Investigators of Mysterious Sightings have pulled it off - so why can't you? Yea, throw your pride in the gutter my man!
4.) Vote for me in the 2016 presidential elections. Just type in "pearlthesquirrel" in the write-in category - because I'll take this country and turn it on its head because modern-day politicians are just worried about getting re-elected and don't give a damn about the average joe - and you're the average joe, right? Peace out!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/27/13 - 08:10 am
SeenIt, about murals painted

SeenIt, about murals painted on public structures, realize how inappropriate it is when the theme of a city is a historic brick one. Modern murals simply don't fit with the architectural theme for one thing that the city is trying to encourage, plus it ruins the intent of the original architect. You and I need to get some finger paint and rub it ALL OVER to let you satisfy your need for color. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 08:13 am
THAT didn't work last time we tried it!

lol at YOU!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 08:15 am
Give it up

RM & coldbeer can give it up....you won't change my mind about the mural.....I'm just glad yall don't have a darn vote on what happens on that bridge...it will go up & it will be "purty"....
Yall just worry about Burke & Columbia county murals..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/27/13 - 08:19 am
Haha, the things we spend

Haha, the things we spend energy debating. I'm not working today and need to ride my lawn mower around the yard so I have an excuse to drink beer in the morning. Later.

jimmymac
jimmymac 08/27/13 - 08:26 am
JOBS

When I was employed I interviewed hundreds of applicants for great paying jobs. I was amazed at how people present themselves for employment and expect to get hired. Sloppy, dirty, slouching and expecting to be hired. First impression is important when looking for a job. Looking and acting like you will be an asset to the company is what gets you hired. If the light doesn't go on in your head keep living in mom's basement and whine about a lack of employers willing to thrust money into your pocket.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/13 - 08:30 am
Men & women are different animals

And that is a good thing......I see that on here almost everyday.....if left up to guys the whole world would be gray & dark.....only sports on tv....thanks goodness for the females in this world!

Hello Miss Peach in Wis....wish you would jump in on here..:)

I have things to do & grass ain't one of them....I hope Sean made it back to Augusta & didn't bring that segway with him......he is getting kinda spunky lately...next thing we know he will jump out of planes in sky dives...LOL

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/27/13 - 08:51 am
I guess someone didn't like what I said about paint!!!!

I'll reserve my comments for my mind.

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/27/13 - 09:46 am
Sean

I got an email from him this morning so "he's back!" And guess what it wasn't even a nasty gram.

I did like the pic Sean and his bride on the segway! Cool!

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.