Rants & Raves

A BIG RAVE to Rob Pa­vey’s “Augusta Outdoors” video feature. I’ve lived in the CSRA most of my life and thought I knew it all, but I learn something new each and every time I watch one of his videos.

RAVE TO THE WOMAN who let us have her grocery bags at Aldi when our box burst and milk jugs exploded on the concrete. A truly altruistic act.

HERE WE GO AGAIN. Complaining about the mayor of Blythe. If she is so bad, I would go to city council meetings and stage a protest to get her out. You’ve been complaining the whole year long. Move on to something else. Is the city of Blythe that bad? The mayor is doing a great job. Why don’t you run for mayor? Tell us what you can do for Blythe that the mayor is not already doing. Bring it on.

TODAY’S FUNNY can be found on the White House e-mail contact page: “President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history. To send questions, comments, concerns, or well-wishes to the president or his staff, please use the form below.”

TO DISPERSE demonstrators who overstay their welcome, simply block the sewers, remove the Port-o-Lets and release some bedbugs.

NONE OF OUR home residence numbers are in there if you have Comcast or Knology. We do not appreciate this.

WHY ARE THESE young teenagers out at 11 p.m.? What is going on in this country?

I DIDN’T VOTE FOR Richard Roundtree last time, but I will next time. They finally punished one of their own instead of giving them two weeks suspended with pay. They finally fired someone for abusing their power. Thank God almighty.

RANT TO THE person who loathes the UGA Bulldogs. There aren’t many in the area who don’t care for them. Why don’t you move?

RAVES TO WILLA and Sam at Jamestown Commu­­nity Center for providing the children in our community with an excellent camp this summer.

A HUGE RAVE to RCSO for your constant presence along Peach Orchard Road. It is no longer the Talladega Speedway.

HALFWAY HOUSES are a farce. There is no such thing as intervention. All they do is cheat the government and the clients.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/25/13 - 08:13 pm
R #1 - agreed R #2 - agreed -

R #1 - agreed

R #2 - agreed - nice women ... manners aren't dead in the south.

R #3 - Too early to start dogging the mayor wait until closer to the election.

R #4 - Agreed He can talk the talk but has anyone seen him walk the walk?

R #5 - I am for setting examples to avoid problems in the future. TEAR GAS, BULLDOZERS, Billy Clubs if they refuse a Constitutionally lawful order to disperse.

R #6 - Just what in the HECK are you talking about?

R #7 - The law allows 11pm something, but I think it needs to be changed to 9pm school nights (Sun-Thur) Except for verifiable work schedule and/o r have a PARENT with ID with them. Then 10pm Fri& Sat.

R #8 - So you vote based on the fact someone is firing people? You vote based on 3rd to orchestrated Political actions? Please don't vote next election without understanding it means to have to work with THUGS, PUNKS, Savage teens and just generally low lifes willing to take your life in a second. Hell get a job with them .... understand what they have to deal with BEFORE YOU VOTE using this example.

R #9 - UGA is a Good college, Ga. Tech Grad's use them all the time to write their contracts for the businesses they start or buy. ☺

R #10 - Good people do good things these are fine examples also.

R #11 - RCSO has been highly visible recently on 25 & 56 ... Thanks.

R #12 - Half way house do help some what , but they accomplish very low percentages of success at stopping repeat or lapses. They require increased monitoring and strict admission acceptance standards.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/25/13 - 08:40 pm
Deleted

Deleted

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/25/13 - 08:34 pm
Sports Headline

Hey, the Top Headlines thread said:

Pope wins at Jones Creek, breaks record

That's pretty neat. This new head of the Church is really getting around!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/13 - 06:23 am
Needs a Case of Budweiser

Rob Pavey's "Augusta Outdoors" needs a case of Budweiser in every episode. Did you see Rob trying not to jump back when the snake professor pulled that poisonous snake out of the bag? Heh, heh, heh.

corgimom
corgimom 08/26/13 - 05:10 am
Halfway houses only help

Halfway houses only help people that don't want to use drugs or alcohol anymore. And that's the thing, the person has to decide that they don't want to use anymore. Rehabs and halfway houses and AA and all of the rest of it, never works until the person themself wants to stop.

And a whole lot of them don't want to.

Trouble
Trouble 08/26/13 - 05:31 am
OOPS

OOPS

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/13 - 05:34 am
Bulldawgs

Since I wasn't a huge Bill Elliot fan should I move too? Some people take sports way to seriously.

corgimom
corgimom 08/26/13 - 06:10 am
Yeah, the comments last night

Yeah, the comments last night were hysterically funny!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/13 - 06:44 am
Corey Johnson Announces Candidacy for Senate

Corey Johnson has announced his candidacy for the state senate. If he’s elected I wonder if the public will be encouraged to bring gifts when visiting his senate office on business?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/26/13 - 06:58 am
Roadkill

How could you not like Awesome Bill from Dawsonville?? DW your man?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/13 - 07:14 am
Awesome Bill

Never said I didn't like him, I just wasn't a huge fan of his but nothing against him either. Been a Petty fan since I was old enough to know what a race car was. Now I pull for Almirola and Ambrose.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/26/13 - 07:17 am
aaahh Corey

I guess he will have some parties at that nice place ........but will the posters get a party?? Blanchard should at least give us a big discount.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/26/13 - 07:29 am
Yep

I like Ambrose as well. Certainly not just a "good ole boy" sport anymore is it?

allhans
allhans 08/26/13 - 07:44 am
Rant 6... I'm not sure but

Rant 6... I'm not sure but perhaps the rant is concerning the free telephone directory published by ATT. If you had a land line with ATT/Bell South, switch service to one of the cable companies and you keep the same phone number, then you will probably be listed.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/26/13 - 07:44 am
Cory

Monetary gifts

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/13 - 07:56 am
Cory

How do you get people to bring you gifts? Seems when I have visitors all they bring with them is an empty stomach.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/13 - 08:04 am
Completely off Subject

With Newman leaving Stewart-Haas I wonder if Richard is talking to Outback about a sponsorship deal for Ambrose?

corgimom
corgimom 08/26/13 - 08:14 am
I would like to ask your

I would like to ask your prayers for one of my family members.

He is my niece's husband Pete. He is just 54 years old and has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. They see a tumor the size of a quarter on his pancreas. Very bad news.

He goes in for surgery Wednesday. The surgeons are going to look, if it's just that tumor they are going to do a Whipple procedure- which is critically serious surgery, as some of you know- if they find any more, they are just going to put a chemo port in him and close him up, and give him chemo to buy him time. It doesn't look too good.

And I'm older than he is, and he has a grandbaby due in January. He is hoping to survive to see his first grandchild and hold her in his arms.

He has had smoking-related problems for years, he was a heavy smoker, he was told many years ago to quit, and he just couldn't. He finally stopped about a year ago, too late to fix anything.

Smoking. It is going to kill yet another one of my family members. At age 54.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/26/13 - 08:39 am
Sorry about your kin

I have known some to die with the same illness....but they didn't smoke.....didn't drink much other than a beer once in awhile...sometimes I think drinking a martini sometimes is what keeps me sane...or kinda sane ..:)

allhans
allhans 08/26/13 - 08:45 am
I have a cousin who is going

I have a cousin who is going through the same thing. Horrible. Surgery, then treatments and he continues to have a tough time. BTW..He never smoked. Nor did he drink.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/26/13 - 09:23 am
My playtime is over for now

Gotta clean & stuff .....hubby will help but only if I get off of this place....sooo seeya..♥

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/13 - 09:29 am
Why

did a clown impersonating the president get in trouble at a rodeo when we have a clown impersonating a president in the White House and nobody seems to care?

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/26/13 - 10:25 am
Ovarian Cancer

While we are on the cancer thread remember that September is Ovarian Cancer awareness month.

Also remember my sister in your prayers. She was diagnosed in June with Stage IV. Had surgery and also has had three chemo treatments and is tolerating them very well.

corgimom
corgimom 08/26/13 - 10:46 am
So many people, suffering

So many people, suffering sickness and illness...my prayers for all of them.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/13 - 02:11 pm
A Major RANT to the countdown to our next

war in the middle east.

Listening to the Doom and Gloom on all the Networks about Syria and the chemical weapon usage, the UN Inspectors being fired on more.

Looks like the government may have found the prefect deflection to all the scandals in progress.

Another WAR.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/26/13 - 04:07 pm
That commercial for

That commercial for furniture, a spokeswoman keeps talking about a great dill at the furniture store. A great dill? What's a furniture store selling pickles for? Turns out the woman consistently says dill instead of deal. That's a long "e" sound, pleeease! They have wonderful cells, too. Who are they incarcerating and what gives them that authority? Oh, vowel confusion again, she means they have wonderful SALES, not cells. Whew. Is that an accent? At least they aren't sorry for anyone's lost, I guess. I can't tell you how many people put that in the obits. Are they trying to be offensive? People shouldn't write condolences for other people's loved ones writing they are "lost" when they die, that could be quite disconcerting at least. I can only hope they meant to write sorry for their "loss" Are these local speech patterns, or regional (southern)? I just noticed these variations in the last decade but have been here for over 35 years.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/26/13 - 05:05 pm
AL

Ignorance

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/28/13 - 08:46 pm
Just heard one of those ads

Just heard one of those ads again on the radio for the umpteenth time. It is so irritating I just realized this particular ad with the strange pronunciations isn't about furniture, but flooring and carpeting. So, it is also an ineffective commercial ad, I suspect.

Thanksgiving burns injure 8

Eight people have already been admitted to the Joseph M. Still burn center for cooking related burns this Thanksgiving.