Rants & Raves

A BIG RAVE TO the L & B nurses at Doctors Hospital, especially Dea­na, Kim and Erica! Thanks for making my delivery of baby Ayden comfortable on Aug. 6! God bless you!

I ECHO THE RANT by the reader sick of all the UGA articles. Two or three articles on the mutts almost every day of the week, and yet only one total about the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in the past month, and that was from the Associated Press. Give ALL the sports news from the state of Georgia. Like the other ranter said, many of us in Augusta loathe UGA.

CONCERNING THE rant about the mayor of Blythe, if you want your son’s speeding ticket fixed, she’s not the one to ask. If you don’t want to pay your water bill, then don’t. The next thing you will want her to do, you just might get. Why are you so bent on her not being mayor? What is she doing that is so bad you want to smear it in the Rants & Raves?

SINCE THE GOVERNMENT takeover of health care, my premiums have risen from $300 per month to $350 per month. My family deductible has risen from $2,000 to $5,000. My family out-of-pocket expenses have risen from $4,000 to $9,000! Joe Wilson was right: Obama and the members of his oppressive regime flat out lied. Plain and simple.

DON’T WANT YOUR child treated like a criminal? Teach them to not run from the police.

THE COLUMBIA COUNTY Library continues to be a public place to visit, and “quiet” should begin with the behavior of patrons who use free services and facilities, ignore signs “No Food or Cell Phones in Library” (Guess who pays for exterminators?), don’t socially train (or toilet train) themselves or their ill-behaved children and then complain through a newspaper. As a county resident and weekly patron of the Columbia County PUBLIC Library System for over three decades, I have never encountered anything but professional and courteous behavior from the staff … The public, however, is another matter entirely.

FIRING THE DEPUTY was wrong. He has a wonderful track record. I know him. There was no race involved in it. Roundtree, you are wrong in what you did. He should be reinstated.

THANK YOU TO Joel, who paid for lunch for the senior lady armed with her coupons. I will pass this kindness on.

KSL 08/25/13 - 10:20 am
Wait, jtf

I get a double whammy from you.

I am just as much of a USC fan as I am a Tech fan. And I have never criticize d your precios UGA.

Never said Wally was guilty.

KSL 08/25/13 - 10:19 am
Oh

I have been a huge Forida fan since Spurrier coached there.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 10:21 am
Go Dawgs!!

Don't worry JTF...you are loaded with Ga fans on here..

Thanks a lot Cgee...you just killed my desire for KFC today...or barbecue.:(

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:30 am
Unreal

"And I have never criticize d your precios UGA." I can't believe you just said that. Are you going to stick to that and deny that you and I had a long discussion about the Wally Butts story. You accused him of being fired for fixing games and I had to show you the evidence that it was a lie? Are you denying that?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:32 am
Seenit

Yeah, I know, but you got the haters out there who are jealous of UGA success.

KSL 08/25/13 - 10:40 am
I was a child when that

I was a child when that happened I just know that Butts got fired and Bear did not.

Oh, I need to mention I have long liked Alabama, Auburn, and LSU. And Tennesaee. And Dartmouth and Princeton, to drop down a notch.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/25/13 - 10:40 am
GO

Ga Tech!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:43 am
Hey Lillie

Don't make me tell Ms. Pilcher on you.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:44 am
What you know

is that Wally Butts got $3 million dollars from the Saturday Evening Post for libel.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 10:56 am
The Quality of Schools

Again today on tv I heard that the minority can't get ahead because of the quality of schools...
Now my words will tick some folks today BUT I just can't stand it anymore....The QUALITY of YOUR school depends on what YOU put in it...the extras---the parents contributing in every way--the home life of the child--STOP blaming whites for the downfall of YOUR community or YOUR schools.

Enough...already......at one time Richmond Academy & Butler High were fantastic ...sooo what happened???

Today on Meet he Press our dear Rev Sharpton & some others were placing the blame on all but where it belongs...some come to this country with NOTHING & manage to make it so don't tell me the inner cities can't fix their problems..

Point that finger at your face & fix the crap we can't do a dang thing about anyway......maybe if some forgot about "bling" & pushed the kids to excel in school their problems would disappear.

KSL 08/25/13 - 10:59 am
I have never once in my life

I have never once in my life been jealous of UGA's athletic success. As I have said before, 4 generations in numerous numbers have graduated from UGA. From the first report card I brought home from school, I was programmed to set my goals higher.

That being said, I don't like braggiag people who put their eggs in athletic baskets.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 11:06 am
Ha

"From the first report card I brought home from school, I was programmed to set my goals higher." But, you don't like bragging, who boy....

KSL 08/25/13 - 11:19 am
I don't know what you think I

I don't know what you think I was bragging about. My second generation UGA grad mother a n d my UGA law schooll grad father never seemed to have interest in my attending UGA. I don't really know the reason why. They just didn't.

KSL 08/25/13 - 11:28 am
Actually, that was not

Actually, that was not bragging. That was expected on both sides of my family.

Now, can we have a truce, justthefacts?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 11:31 am
Truce?

Well, you jumped all over me about me defending UGA against a ranter. I wasn't bother you.

KSL 08/25/13 - 11:59 am
No, you were not bothering me,

But when you make broad sweeping comments that can affect multiple people, you cannot hide behind a comment that you say only addresaes one person and not a class of people. If you do not realize how others will take your comments, then you are defficient and I deeply apologize to you.

From all the other things you have posted, I am pretty sure you knew exactly what you were saying.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 12:02 pm
Broad sweeping comments

"UGA will recieve a lot of coverage in the Augusta Chronicle this year" Again, I apologize for my insentive comment toward the obvious.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/25/13 - 12:45 pm
JTF, heh, heh, heh

JTF, heh, heh, heh, I enjoy your enthusiasm. No matter the school, college football fans are the greatest. NEXT Thursday it all begins. SC vs NC on ESPN. Wow...finally here. I want to jump inside my TV when the game begins.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/25/13 - 12:45 pm
Sean

Hahah-I don't like that one either!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/25/13 - 12:48 pm
CG - saw another video like it

Called "Our Daily Bread"
A lot more graphic though.

Now add a twisted thought to this.....
This comment was brought to you by Soylent red and Soylent yellow, high energy vegetable concentrates, and new, delicious, Soylent green. The miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from around the world.

KSL 08/25/13 - 02:25 pm
jtf

You confuse me. Someone complains that the paper reports more often about UGA and you post a pot stirring comment, which you claim is coming "to the defense" of your school. Then you commence to act like the injured party.

KSL 08/25/13 - 02:33 pm
Speaking of GT

And games. We girlls going to the games wore high heels and dresses. Our dates wore shirts and ties, if they were in a fraternity.

KSL 08/25/13 - 03:13 pm
Date tickets for the games

My husband to be and his fellow frat brothers would go camp out before date tickets would go on sale to get season tiickets for dates.The end result was we got to sit in a block with good friends, frat brothers.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/25/13 - 03:53 pm
KSL, you CAN'T be that old

... to remember that. I can remember one summer going to a restaurant with a group of friends in Atlanta --it was about 110F in the shade-- and one of our party was refused seating because 'the gentleman' had no coat.

((All good restaurants had ties to lend.))

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/25/13 - 04:02 pm
Lilly, you ain't dissin my

Lilly, you ain't dissin my aunt is ya?

KSL 08/25/13 - 04:06 pm
d

And coats to lend.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 04:47 pm
In case you need to know

Our dear leader (Sean) is riding a segway in Washington DC ...right at this minute he is in front of the WH....just saw his pic on fb......quite a world traveler he is..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 04:51 pm
BTW

He wanted to know if we are behaving & I had to tell him nooo...but I won't tell you anything else that I said...LOL

KSL 08/25/13 - 04:52 pm
Visiting son in Germany over Christmas

We spoked out on day trips from Stutgart.

One day to Strasborg in France with a stop in Baden-Baden for a bit of gambling on the way back to his home Males had to wear a coat. Younger son did not have one They issued him one in exchange for holding on to his passport for the duration.

Wow, was that a different way of gambling from Vegas.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen