Rants & Raves

A BIG RAVE TO the L & B nurses at Doctors Hospital, especially Dea­na, Kim and Erica! Thanks for making my delivery of baby Ayden comfortable on Aug. 6! God bless you!

I ECHO THE RANT by the reader sick of all the UGA articles. Two or three articles on the mutts almost every day of the week, and yet only one total about the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in the past month, and that was from the Associated Press. Give ALL the sports news from the state of Georgia. Like the other ranter said, many of us in Augusta loathe UGA.

CONCERNING THE rant about the mayor of Blythe, if you want your son’s speeding ticket fixed, she’s not the one to ask. If you don’t want to pay your water bill, then don’t. The next thing you will want her to do, you just might get. Why are you so bent on her not being mayor? What is she doing that is so bad you want to smear it in the Rants & Raves?

SINCE THE GOVERNMENT takeover of health care, my premiums have risen from $300 per month to $350 per month. My family deductible has risen from $2,000 to $5,000. My family out-of-pocket expenses have risen from $4,000 to $9,000! Joe Wilson was right: Obama and the members of his oppressive regime flat out lied. Plain and simple.

DON’T WANT YOUR child treated like a criminal? Teach them to not run from the police.

THE COLUMBIA COUNTY Library continues to be a public place to visit, and “quiet” should begin with the behavior of patrons who use free services and facilities, ignore signs “No Food or Cell Phones in Library” (Guess who pays for exterminators?), don’t socially train (or toilet train) themselves or their ill-behaved children and then complain through a newspaper. As a county resident and weekly patron of the Columbia County PUBLIC Library System for over three decades, I have never encountered anything but professional and courteous behavior from the staff … The public, however, is another matter entirely.

FIRING THE DEPUTY was wrong. He has a wonderful track record. I know him. There was no race involved in it. Roundtree, you are wrong in what you did. He should be reinstated.

THANK YOU TO Joel, who paid for lunch for the senior lady armed with her coupons. I will pass this kindness on.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/24/13 - 07:47 pm
#2

Gonna be a long year for you bud.

corgimom
corgimom 08/25/13 - 05:56 am
Rant #4- If you can insure

Rant #4- If you can insure your family for $350 per month, you are doing well.

And if you had OOP of $9000, you are blessed. Our OOP last year was over $13,000 and it's going to be more this year. For 2 people. Without any serious illnesses or hospitalizations.

And it has nothing to do with Obamacare.

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 07:15 am
justthefacts

You do get mean every year when football season starts. You remind me of my sister's husband.

truth_be_told
truth_be_told 08/25/13 - 07:18 am
What?

L & B????? Surely the writer meant L & D for Labor and Delivery. Good job editors..............

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 07:26 am
Funny.... thanks L

The sensuous wife

With a very seductive voice the woman asked her husband, "Have you ever seen Twenty Dollars all crumpled up?"

"No," said her husband.

She gave him a sexy little smile, unbuttoned the top 3 or 4 buttons of her blouse, and slowly reached down into the cleavage created by a soft, silky push-up bra, and pulled out a crumpled Twenty Dollar bill.

He took the crumpled Twenty Dollar bill from her and smiled approvingly.

She then asked him, "Have you ever seen Fifty Dollars all crumpled up?"

"Uh...no, I haven't," he said, with an anxious tone in his voice.

She gave him another sexy little smile, pulled up her skirt, and seductively reached into her tight, sheer panties... and pulled out a crumpled Fifty Dollar bill.

He took the crumpled Fifty Dollar bill, and started breathing a little quicker with anticipation.

"Now," she said, "have you ever seen $50,000 Dollars all crumpled up?"
"No way!" he said, while obviously becoming even more aroused and excited.

"Well, go look in the garage," she said.

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 07:26 am
I don't care how many games

I don't care how many games GT wins or loses. I care if they show up and play their best, fairly. I care that the coaches take the time to back up parents who are trying to instill the best traits in their children that can be learned from team play. (Bad grammatical construction. At least I know how to correct it.)

InChristLove
InChristLove 08/25/13 - 07:29 am
L & B, I just thought it

L & B, I just thought it meant labor and birth. They're always changing something, thought this was just one of them.

SB3
SB3 08/25/13 - 07:32 am
And again one of the

And again one of the Obamacare water-carriers is either better than everyone else or has it worse than everyone else (yet overcomes through being better than everyone else.) Reliably out of touch with reality and understanding towards anyone... Except a conservative.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/25/13 - 09:54 am
L and B

Hey, if the woman thinks she was in L and B, who is the Chronicle to correct her? Maybe she thought it was Labor and Baby?

KSL, funny observation about JTF. He does take his UGA football seriously. Clemson is going to ruin his year.

But my complaint about the Chronicle sports was the lack of coverage of Ga Southern leaving the Southern Conference and going FBS. Many consider it a local school and the Chronicle didn't even send a reporter to cover the press conference. We got a piece after the fact telling us why it was a bad idea even though most college football analysts realize the necessity of the move. The Southern Conference is also losing Appalachian State, Chattanooga, Davidson, Elon and College of Charleston. It's go D-1 or perish.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/25/13 - 07:36 am
Mayor of Blythe

I didn't catch the original rant about the mayor of Blythe, but THIS one is kind of strange.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/25/13 - 08:12 am
Insurance costs at my level

For my wife and I we expect to fork out about $25,337 with deductibles, co-pays, covered amounts vs. billed amounts this year.

We have seen major increases, not a decreases, every year since the last time the Socialist/Liberals stepped up in 2009 and said:

We ARE the Government, DO WHAT WE WANT.

We WERE strongly considering Taking out a Major Medical Coverage Policy next year. Paying cash (lower cost) to our doctors and purchasing medications out of pocket.

AH! but we have been told there is an IRS penalty for doing it this way. We are still checking.

SB3
SB3 08/25/13 - 08:12 am
Not sure who said it, but...

Conservatives believe they have better ideas.
Liberals believe they are better people.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/25/13 - 08:16 am
One I heard

Neither party is fiscally responsible.
We need the Tea Party in charge of the purse strings.

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 08:33 am
Until we turned 65, we had a

Until we turned 65, we had a health savings account. Now if we could have started it in our twenties, we would be sitting pretty. But no, we were in our 50's and the the IRS changed the rules, or their interpretation of the rules. When we went off of it, we were paying something like $5500 quarter in premiums, $7000 in savings for the privilige of having $2500 apiece in a deductible, only the IRS had determined that we had to meet the full $5000 for both of us before the insurance would be allowed to pay anything.

Health insurance accounts were a really good idea. We shopped our medical services because we were responsible for the non-major medical. Everyone should have to do that, just like they do for food, clothing, gas, and electronics. Oh, I forgot rims.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/25/13 - 08:44 am
You know what

I would run for Mayor if I didn't have to live in Richmond county..:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/25/13 - 08:54 am
Good Morning "R&R" America.

We sure need more 'Diversity' in the R&R's. There are many more Rants than Raves.

Please AC, make sure your investigating reporters keep up with the Dusty Rhodes molestation issue. I have a gut feeling that at the end, it will have many eating their words.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/25/13 - 09:04 am
This mentality is why

... for four years I sent most of my money and all of my daughter to Georgia Tech. The speech isn't big on the mainstream media as it goes against the helplessness meme but it's how they --students AND faculty-- think there.

(How's that for positive, CG?)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/25/13 - 09:28 am
dstewartsr

Just Great!

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 09:46 am
I liked the mindset on the

I liked the mindset on the campus in the late 60's, as well. A bunch of hippies over at Emory were trying to emulate Berkley. I spent the night at Emory a bunch of times in the dorm rooms of friends. They were all normal, but there were a bunch of weird characters there.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:06 am
What KSL?

Me letting the ranter know that there will be a lot of UGA coverage this year due to the talent on the team is mean? If so, then you ain't seen nothing yet. Talk about sensitive....

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/25/13 - 10:07 am
Sure

Wish you'd take RM's aunt off the front page :)

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:15 am
River

Think you might read too much into my conversation around sports. I am over what happens on Saturday or Sunday in short order. I rarely see UGA fans attacking other schools on this sight. Rant #2 is more often the case. I think it's OK to defend UGA in those cases. Cllemson may beat UGA. If so, UGA can still win out and be the Nat'l Champ. Clemson, on the other hand, can not afford to lose. If they do, ACC Champ (you know tallest pigmy) will be the best they can do. So, that game will not ruin my year, but it may ruin yours. BTW, this all is my observation, I sure hope it doesn't come across as mean.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/25/13 - 10:12 am
Headed To The Comminsary

before I go, let me make your day.....

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:19 am
dstewart

Paul Johnson should hired that guy to give the pregame speech!

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 10:35 am
justthefacts

Sorry, but your posts today and those coupled with yours in the past do come across as mean. Maybe you just don't recognize it when you are the one doing it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 10:47 am
Let me repent

I'm sorry. I think Clemson will beat the ever loving slop out of UGA. UGA has a terrible team this year. The Chronicle should refuse to mention their name anymore. And Tech is simply the greatest. Whether they win or lose their coaches always try to instill their best traits in the players (unlike at UGA, where Richt is a devil worshipper). Forget that it was Tech which had all their wins and ACC Champ taken away a couple yrs ago for, gasp, CHEATING. Go Tech!!

KSL
KSL 08/25/13 - 10:56 am
jtf, see what I mean?

You can't help but be obnoxious when it comes to your team.

Oh, I remember the days when I was a UGA fan. They sucked and still had a huge national scandal.

Admittedly, I just made the kind of comment you make about your rivals.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/25/13 - 11:06 am
Really?

Why don't you tell everyone about Wally Butts fixing games? That seems to be a favorite of yours. Also seems a bit mean, if you don't mind me saying. You have critized UGA on this site many more times than I have ever even mentioned Tech.

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/25/13 - 11:08 am
"Obama and the members of his

"Obama and the members of his oppressive regime flat out lied. Plain and simple."

Of course they lied. The Republicans told you Obama and the Democrats were lying when they passed this in the middle of the night. FOX News told you they were lying. And guess what......you ain't seen nothing yet. Remember.....the FULL effects of Obamacare are yet to come. Even higher premiums and deductibles, employers dropping insurance and throwing you into Medicaid like pools, and rampant unemployment and under-employment as employers cut jobs to get under 50 employees and cut work hours to stay under 30 hours per week.

Of course they lied.....and all of this in order to supposedly insure 13% of the people.....most of whom did not have insurance because THEY CHOSE NOT TO PAY FOR INSURANCE. And guess what.....after all of this we now know that 2/3 of those 13% STILL WILL NOT HAVE INSURANCE AFTER FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF OBAMACARE.

Before Obamacare, 47,000,000 people, or 13%, did not have insurance. AFTER Obamacare 30,000,000, or 8.3%, STILL WILL NOT HAVE INSURANCE.

WE DESTROYED THE BEST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD, AND INCREASED THE COST AND DEDUCTIBLES FOR THE REST OF US TO GIVE LESS THAN 5% OF THE PEOPLE A PEE POOR GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIZED HEALTHCARE PLAN.

And we will STILL have to hear the bleeding heart welfare mongers cry and whine about the OTHER 30 MILLION who still won't be covered because they CHOOSE not to buy insurance.

OF COURSE THEY LIED. They lied about Obamacare, they lied about Benghazi, they lied about Fast and Furious, they lied about the IRS targeting conservatives, they lied about spying on journalists, they lied about the NSA. OF COURSE THEY LIED. IT'S WHAT THEY DO. You cannot implement Socialism and take total government control of people's lives, their healthcare, their money, and have total government regulation of every aspect of business and industry without LYING about the intent beforehand and blaming the results on unintended consequences afterwards.

Atlas Shrugged.......it's time.....tear it all down, wipe the slate clean, and let the people willing to work and feed their own face build it back again......as a FREE REPUBLIC instead of a social welfare state.

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/25/13 - 11:08 am
That Deputy

was fired gor EXCELLENT cause!!!!! Let it go and about kids running from the cops when innocent, cops like the one that got fired cause this phenomena!!!!!