Rants & Raves

AS SAID IN the movie “Oh Brother:” Augusta needs some reform.

WHERE ARE ALL the protestes for the white boy who was beaten by three larger black boys? Prejudice is alive, but not by whites.

RANT TO THE MOTHER of Kyvan James. If she is so worried about her son, why is he out at 11 p.m. at 15 years old, and why would he run from the police on sight? She says they should realize he is a minor. Does she think minors don’t commit crimes?

RANT CONCERNING the new garbage pickup. I think they have had ample time to iron out their problems, but I still can’t get my garbage picked up except for one week out of three. I call and nothing happens. What is the problem with the city of Augusta that they can’t do a simple service for the citizen such as picking up trash on a normal schedule? I don’t understand this. I have been in the service industry for years. If I supplied the type of business I am receiving I would be out of business.

I ENJOY READING the Faith page. I wish you would write an article about the Church of Scientology.

BIG BIG RANT to the AC and the articles the paper printed about the Muslims, on the front page again. Who wants to know about a religion that demeans women and believes in violence, destruction, bombs and taking over the world?

A WOMAN LEAVES three pre-school kids in a parked car, with the windows down, and with no adult supervision, and the RCSD lets her drive off without even a warning?!?!?! How is that not child endangerment? Come on RCSD.

A TWIN PROPELLER plane crashed into a house in Arizona, killing several. There is no excuse for a twin to have crashed since any good twin will fly on one engine. This was clearly a tragic case of pilot error. Lately, we’re seeing more and more of these, even with commercial pilots crashing merely because they don’t pay attention to the basics. What’s going on?

I HOPE THE tax payers didn’t have to pay to have the president’s dog delivered to him on vacation.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/23/13 - 11:07 am
"A TWIN PROPELLER plane

"A TWIN PROPELLER plane crashed.......There is no excuse for a twin to have crashed since any good twin will fly on one engine. "

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 11:48 am
HA @ 12:07

"I didn't know that engine failure was the only thing that could ever cause an airplane to crash."

FIRST, this day is the pits for debating on anything !

Second, have you ever been at the controls of a small plane ?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/23/13 - 11:54 am
Once.

Once.

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 11:57 am
HA you did not copy the whole rant

"This was clearly a tragic case of pilot error. Lately, we’re seeing more and more of these, even with commercial pilots crashing merely because they don’t pay attention to the basics. What’s going on?"

Here is the rest of the rant. You have accused me of taking something out of context. You can THANK me for catching your mistaken error !

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:00 pm
Hi friend

Did flying not "get in your blood" ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:02 pm

I like how you are sooo wordy with you answers to me !!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/23/13 - 12:05 pm
What error? It was meant as

What error? It was meant as sarcasm. One would have to be foolish to believe that the only things that can take down a plane is engine failure or pilot error. There are a multitude of systems on an Airplane that can fail.

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:05 pm
Windsor

News-12 said there was a fairly large storm near Williston and Windsor yesterday afternoon. Did you get any damage ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:07 pm
Anything

IS THERE not anything that we can debate about today ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:10 pm
Repulsive

Why is it so repulsive for me to think of you as a friend ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:14 pm
OOOK

I guess I have offended you allready !! Forgive me, I will go back to debating ONLY !

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/23/13 - 12:21 pm
What ARE you talking about?

What ARE you talking about?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:22 pm
A subject to debate

What do you think about Project Jackson ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:26 pm
HA @ 1:21

"What ARE you talking about?"

Which one of my overly liberal statements are you refering to ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 12:41 pm
About Project Jackson

If I am not mistaken, Windsor is in Aiken Co. If the county council votes in favor of this project, it will involve defering county and school taxes toward "like a loan assurence" for this multi-million dollar project. What do you think about that ?

t3bledsoe 08/23/13 - 01:39 pm
Quote from rant

"Who wants to know about a religion that demeans women and believes in violence, destruction, bombs and taking over the world?"

The religion does not promote all of these things, BUT the extremests of the religion practice these horrible things !!

Darby
Darby 08/23/13 - 02:15 pm
"Where was his mother when he was out

on the streets at 11pm? Did she know where he was?"

I'm betting he didn't even know where SHE was.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/23/13 - 04:50 pm
RM 09:53

I was going to say something but changed my mind when you first commented that Sarge was wearing an army dress uniform but it was only a civilian suit coat.

When I enlisted in 1957, the Green was the Army Class A Uniform and was changed to the Blue Service uniform in the mid 50's. Francis and I tried to get a Dress Blue but could not find one for his size.

I didn't know you had come until KSL said you have just left. I wish you could have said Hi. My CIC and I where siting right next to KSL. I remembered you when you viewed Jim.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/23/13 - 05:02 pm
CGee, ahhhhh, so it was a

CGee, ahhhhh, so it was a civilian coat with Army brass on it? Didn't I see the brass insignias and so on? CGee, sorry I missed you, too. One of these days we'll meet up.

harley_52
harley_52 08/23/13 - 07:51 pm
Riverman...

Just saw your question....sorry. Looks like CG cleared it up anyway.