Rants & Raves

A DISTRICT MANAGER has been openly dating an employee of a North Augusta store all summer. Yet, this district manager forced an employee to quit their job at that store, simply because the employee shared an apartment with a female employee of the store and her husband who doesn’t even have a job.

RANT TO THE BOATER at Thurmond Lake who performed doughnuts in the small cove in which we were fishing near the dam. The lake was like a tsunami for about 10 minutes, making our fishing impossible. You had children with you, so you taught them how to be rude, too.

WHAT’S NEXT? SOYLENT Green with this artificial meat? Wake up, people.

RANT TO TAILGATERS on Sweetwater Road. I didn’t set the speed limit at 45. I just obey it. Don’t blow your horn at me or squeal your tires or go flying by me. Write your congressman, write the police. I don’t like it, either, but I’m going as fast as I can legally go. That goes for you, too, in the patrol car. Fine example.

THE PEOPLE WHO abandon animals do not realize that these are God’s animals.

RAVE TO DEON GRANT. He was a fantastic football player, but he is also a young man of character and honor and a great role model for anyone who would like to follow his example. I taught Deon in school and am proud now to call him a friend.

I AM REALLY HAPPY with the way you have moved the television page and the crossword page next to each other in the same section. I appreciate it.

THAT BOY WHO RAN from the police was in the wrong. Why run from the police if you have done nothing wrong? Stop. Throw your hands in the air. People have taught their children the wrong way, and they want to blame everybody else.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 01:12 pm
Rant about Kid running from police

It is called PROFILING ! African-Americans KNOW THAT THIS is out-of-control !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 01:22 pm
About animals

"THE PEOPLE WHO abandon animals do not realize that these are God’s animals."

We have one cat and it makes me very sad when News-12 shows the animals from the shelters.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/22/13 - 01:30 pm
FT Leavenworth

Morale among inmates is reported to be at an all time high. Guards.reportedly noticed a marked increase this morning as inmates watched a morning news report mentioning Bradley/Chelsea Mannings statement.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 01:43 pm
Golf Course

"BIG RAVE TO AUGUSTA Commission member Smith for his stance on the Patch project. He has more golf knowledge than the rest of the commission combined. At last, someone who really knows what they are talking about."

Why does the city of Augusta NEED to continue to run The Patch ?? I mean, isn't it a "MONEY PIT" ?!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 01:48 pm
Seat Belts

"RANT FOR THE Richmond County sheriff patrol cars that are pulling people over for not wearing seat belts. By state law, deputies’ should be wearing seat belts, too. Many deputies do not wear seat belts. Sheriff Roundtree, get your police in order."

How do you know that deputies don't wear their seat belts ?? I used to hate wearring them, but now it is second nature. I had a personnal experience with a car crash, AND BELIEVE ME, it works !!

harley_52
harley_52 08/22/13 - 02:24 pm
" Why can we not STOP this move left, in it's tracks?"

'''''The answer (in my opinion) is because we have no TRUE conservative representatives!! We have mostly Rino's in office and progressive Rino's at that!! We don't have a TRUE choice in elections today; you either choose the hard leftist, or the moderate leftist!!"

I think you've pretty well nailed it.

I think there are a very small number of true Conservatives in Congress, but they usually don't last. They either lose an election because of democrat targeting and shenanigans (like Allen West), or they stay in Washington too long, get caught up in life in the big city, learn they prefer elitist cocktail parties and big money rather than following their souls, and become part of the problem (like Lindsey Graham).

Being a Conservative in Congress isn't easy. They're largely shunned by the media and by the rich and famous. They're unpopular with their contemporaries. They have few friends in high places.

I'm currently reading "The Liberty Amendments" by Mark Levin. He thinks the only way we'll save the Country and regain our Constitutional government is to amend the Constitution from the grass roots up, rather than from Congress down. He proposes a series of Constitutional Amendments that would fix our problems and return control of the Country to the citizens, not this bloated, arrogant, corrupt behemoth we now suffer beneath.

I think it may be too late. I hope I'm wrong. I totally support his ideas and will do whatever I can to help.

An excellent idea and a superb book. I highly recommend it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/22/13 - 02:50 pm
The Bait

nibble....nibble....bleh. That ain't working today.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/22/13 - 03:45 pm
"Who comments on the Rants &

"Who comments on the Rants & Raves ?! Go to the LTE's and / or the editorials !! Now that is good stuff to debate about !!"

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/22/13 - 03:45 pm
There is a guaranteed way to

There is a guaranteed way to avoid getting a seat belt ticket. It's not rocket surgery.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 03:52 pm
This is almost funny

The unions are blasting the WHouse about Obamacare

WASHINGTON -- Signaling a growing rift between some unions and the White House over the Affordable Care Act, the Nevada State AFL-CIO passed a stinging resolution Wednesday that criticized the administration for its handling of their concerns with the health care reform law. The resolution claims the law could end up "destroying" the unions' multi-employer health plans if the administration doesn't come up with a regulatory fix.

"[O]ur union members and their families originally offered strong political and moral support for the promise of the Affordable Care Act because it would expand health care coverage for more Americans," the resolution read. But when it came to dealing with the unions' concerns, "the Administration has postured on proposals to address the problem, but no proposal to date will actually solve the problem. Our health plans only get worse."

Several unions -- UNITE HERE, the United Food and Commercial Workers and the Teamsters -- have already voiced their worries that the law will undermine their multi-employer health care plans, known as Taft-Hartley plans. But Wednesday's resolution formalizes a major state labor federation's grievances just ahead of the AFL-CIO's national convention next month -- and just as the White House prepares for the law's rollout amid attacks from the right.

The critique also creates some political awkwardness not only for the Obama administration but for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). One of the unions taking the lead on the issue, the 60,000-member Culinary Workers Union Local 226, a UNITE HERE affiliate, is the largest union in Nevada and a major political force in the state.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 03:56 pm
Go to the LTE's and / or the editorials

T3....some of these debates you speak of are like watching a ping pong match....same thing OVER & OVER...same posters with the same comments....haven't you noticed that?
I thought for sure you have....:)
I'd rather cut my toe nails....but thanks anyway

myfather15
myfather15 08/22/13 - 03:59 pm
UPDATE!!

Teen in the Oklahoma killing has made numerous tweets about hating white people!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/22/13 - 04:08 pm
harley_52

I believe it's too late for US to save the Country!! We should have started this 30 years ago or more!! Liberals basically control the public education system; which is indoctrinating our youth!! This is probably the most important aspect of taking the Country back, and THEY knew it, long ago!! That's why they took it over!! We were behind the 8-ball on that.

They also control financial (The Fed) spectrum, economic and most important; they are actually in control of religion!! This might be a shock, but it's true!!

So, in my opinion, it's too late for US to save this Country; but it's not too late for HIM!! We still have a Savior!!

KSL
KSL 08/22/13 - 04:59 pm
t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 05:02 pm
HA @ 3:45

"Followed by 5 posts......I'm overwhelmed by the irony. And by the way, should be no space after the last word and before the exclamation point."

FIRST: Welcome back! Isn't it nice to be missed??!

Second, I got bored so I thought I would make some people angry enough to make comments.

KSL
KSL 08/22/13 - 05:29 pm
So bledsoe

You like to stir the pot?

Body found in Clark Hill Lake

About 4 p.m., the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office responded to a call that a white male, around 35-years-old, had been found near the Chamberlain's Ferry Boat landing area, according to Lincoln ...