Rants & Raves

A DISTRICT MANAGER has been openly dating an employee of a North Augusta store all summer. Yet, this district manager forced an employee to quit their job at that store, simply because the employee shared an apartment with a female employee of the store and her husband who doesn’t even have a job.

RANT TO THE BOATER at Thurmond Lake who performed doughnuts in the small cove in which we were fishing near the dam. The lake was like a tsunami for about 10 minutes, making our fishing impossible. You had children with you, so you taught them how to be rude, too.

WHAT’S NEXT? SOYLENT Green with this artificial meat? Wake up, people.

RANT FOR THE Richmond County sheriff patrol cars that are pulling people over for not wearing seat belts. By state law, deputies’ should be wearing seat belts, too. Many deputies do not wear seat belts. Sheriff Roundtree, get your police in order.

RANT TO TAILGATERS on Sweetwater Road. I didn’t set the speed limit at 45. I just obey it. Don’t blow your horn at me or squeal your tires or go flying by me. Write your congressman, write the police. I don’t like it, either, but I’m going as fast as I can legally go. That goes for you, too, in the patrol car. Fine example.

THE PEOPLE WHO abandon animals do not realize that these are God’s animals.

RAVE TO DEON GRANT. He was a fantastic football player, but he is also a young man of character and honor and a great role model for anyone who would like to follow his example. I taught Deon in school and am proud now to call him a friend.

I AM REALLY HAPPY with the way you have moved the television page and the crossword page next to each other in the same section. I appreciate it.

THAT BOY WHO RAN from the police was in the wrong. Why run from the police if you have done nothing wrong? Stop. Throw your hands in the air. People have taught their children the wrong way, and they want to blame everybody else.

BIG RAVE TO AUGUSTA Commission member Smith for his stance on the Patch project. He has more golf knowledge than the rest of the commission combined. At last, someone who really knows what they are talking about.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 04:11 pm
SOYLENT GREEN

We have all the supply we need, just using Convicted Death Row inmates, still alive 20 years later.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 04:12 pm
The Patch has seen its days.

Sell it and use the $$$ to cancel out a few SPLOSTS.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 04:15 pm
Will the AC update a Story

I must have missed it some how?

Have the charges against the 15 year that ran from police been dropped, or are they being pursued?

Also what was the outcome of the Burglary IN PROGRESS investigation?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/13 - 06:13 pm
Commissioner Golfer

I’m not sure saying a guy, who works for the state and is a commissioner, is an excellent golfer is a good thing. Besides The Patch needs someone with a Husqvarna, not someone with a Taylor Made SLDR TP Driver.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/13 - 08:15 pm
I Know I'm Old

and not as sharp as I use to be..but I just don't get the picture which is being ranting on in the first rant?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/21/13 - 08:22 pm
@ Ranter #1

Yeah, some people say it is TMI. But in the case of rant #1 we have a case of not enough information to be meaningful. Can we commenters flag an actual R&R for review and have Sean remove the rant from the online edition?

:-)

corgimom
corgimom 08/21/13 - 09:25 pm
Somehow, I don't think that

Somehow, I don't think that Rant #1 is telling the whole story. An employer doesn't care who lives where with whom- until it starts causing problems in the workplace.

harley_52
harley_52 08/21/13 - 09:55 pm
I Think The Point...

....of Rant #1 is his/her belief that the District Manager is a hypocrite and, perhaps (depending on company policy), guilty of a management infraction.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/22/13 - 06:22 am
Golf

Let's face it: Commissioner Bill Lockett has authorized several of his friends to play golf for free at The Patch. If an honest company takes over the course and stops the freebies, Lockett loses street cred within his constituency.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/22/13 - 06:27 am
Yesterday

If anyone can look back at yesterday's RNR and let me know if anyone sent a response beyond NocNoc I'd appreciate it. I can't seem to get back there. Proposed dates are September 28/29 or October 5/6, If I don't get a majority response I'll pick one and we'll run with that!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/22/13 - 06:28 am
Excellence golfer?

Grady would get a charge out of that statement.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/22/13 - 06:49 am
Yesterday

Here's a link to yesterday's R&R, CBBP:

Yesterday

. . . all my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. I'll try my best to make the get together.

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 08/22/13 - 06:55 am
Joy Riders

I to been victim of the boat full of family idiots that don't know there is a 100 yard wake rule for people fishing. I f you are anchored and some one playing in a big boat will sink you. I have witness these idiots with the music so loud they can not here you telling them to slow down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 07:06 am
Bill O'Reilly

Is he the only one with guts to say this??

So as it stands, both Republicans and Democrats realize America is lacking a strong moral compass. Millions of American parents are trying hard to teach their children good values, but are besieged by the terrible influences beyond the home. The secularists have succeeded in drastically changing the moral tone in this country. And 80 percent of us see that change as a bad thing.

However, there's no mass outcry about it. And until there is, America will continue its declining moral direction.

And that's "The Memo."

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 07:19 am
The Mountains are her home

Dolly Parton is now sinking 300 million bucks in her Dollywood Park in Pigeon Forge Tenn.....she will put more family entertainment to draw the family groups.....what a amazing woman she is....she also donated millions to the children of her home county to furnish books for every month of the year...she came from poverty, barely had enough to wear..that is where the coat of many colors came from...a true story...

In other words , she was "dirt poor" as some say.......Oprah Winfrey was too.......what I'm getting at here, is that you can overcome hard times & sometimes that is what MAKES you a better person.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 07:29 am
UPS pulls insurance for working spouses

Yikes....15,000 excluded from coverage in response to Affordable Care Act....maybe they should have read the act first before oking it..huh

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 07:39 am
I don't blame Australia

They are now warning their citizens about coming to America...15 times more of a chance of danger/death in the USA...wow...

Are we blinded by this....do we read about it everyday...are we helpless or just cowards?

We have a cancer in our midst & we all know it! btw..it is not THE GUNS...it is the trigger puller.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/22/13 - 07:43 am
The hits just keep on coming

UPS: "For two-income couples, it’s been one of the little financial perks of marriage: go on your husband’s or wife’s health insurance so you can avoid paying for two policies.
But with employers looking to cut costs as key provisions of the Affordable Care Act begin to take hold, the benefit is heading for the endangered list."
Thanks Obama!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/22/13 - 07:45 am
And

In a memo to employees, UPS said, “This change is consistent with the way many large employers are responding to the costs associated with the health care reform legislation.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/13 - 07:53 am
Tears in my eyes

Sometimes when I watch the news I feel tears in my eyes...when I see the punk on trial for shooting the baby in the face ......he seems so cold & clueless......then to hear the punks were just BORED when they shot the Australian...just "something" to do they said....I'm sorry folks....this don't discipline your kids ain't working.....& it never will.

I have to change my day now & focus on some good feelings...it won't be found watching tv or reading the news. later folks

thauch12
thauch12 08/22/13 - 07:58 am
Seat Belts

To the ranter that complained about sheriff's deputies and seat belts...oh please, you should know by now that traffic laws don't apply to law enforcement. Speeding tickets, seat belt violations, all those other things we little people pay big bucks for if we get caught doing are simply not an issue when you have a badge and drive a car that the tax-paying public pays for!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/22/13 - 08:19 am
myfather,

How about providing some tobacco to stuff a pipe..08:58.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/22/13 - 08:25 am
Work A Calling

Before I go, just a C&P though to raise your Blood Pressure.

Banished: Proof of Jihad in Hasan Trial
Posted by National Director, Dee on August 22, 2013 at 4:03am.

In a move that reeks of political motivations, Judge Col. Tara Osborn ruled against the admission of evidence that prosecutors say would show Maj. Nidal Hasan’s jihadist motivations for attacking the Fort Hood military base in 2009. Osborn had been asked to approve several witnesses, along with other key evidence, that would have shown Hasan believed he had a “jihad duty” to perpetrate the atrocity that killed 13 and wounded 32 of his fellow soldiers. Lawyers representing family members killed and wounded by Hasan were rightfully outraged by her refusal to allow the evidence.

The barred evidence included references to Hasan Akbar, a Muslim soldier who was sentenced to death after killing two and wounding 14 of his fellow soldiers in a grenade and rifle attack at Camp Pennsylvania in Kuwait, two days after the beginning of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. Prosecutors wanted to suggest that Hasan had carried out a “copycat attack.” Osborn disagreed. ”The court believes Sgt. Akbar is not on trial in this case,” Osborn contended, adding that the introduction of such evidence would ”only open the door to a mini-trial” of Akbar and result in a “confusion of issues, unfair prejudice, waste of time and undue delay.”

Osborn also ruled that presentations made by Hasan during his years in medical residency and in fellowship years were too far removed from the atrocity to be entered into evidence. “It is too remote in time and too open to multiple interpretations,” Osborn said of presentations Hasan made when he was at Walter Reed Military Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

read more:

myfather15
myfather15 08/22/13 - 11:37 am
Seenitb4

"Is he the only one with guts to say this??"

It appears so!! The problem I believe, is there is no such thing as Conservative Activists!! At least not on the moral spectrum; maybe the Tea party with fiscal policy.

Perfect example; where are the people DEMANDING an explanation for the 3 thugs in Oklahoma, killing an innocent Australian man?? Could you imagine the outrage, had this been 3 white boys, shooting a black man while jogging? It would have blown the Zimmerman coverage out of the water!!! 3 White men, shooting a black man? WOW; I shutter at the thought of the coverage and what Sharpton and Jackson would have said; the President too!!

So why no screaming and yelling about this? I believe (my opinion only) is that people with common sense, that aren't race baiters or have a hidden agenda; realize these are individuals who committed an atrocity!!! But those with a hidden agenda; (leftists) are already using this shooting for THEIR advantage, calling for gun control!! Why are they trying to divert attention?

Again; I'm not saying this IS a hate crime directed towards a white person, but could it be? Why are they not investigating this as a POSSIBLE hate crime? Why are they diverting attention away from the issue and onto gun control?

Then, my biggest question is; why does this Country continue to progress towards more liberal policies, when polls show most people aren't supporting this push? Why can we not STOP this move left, in it's tracks? The answer (in my opinion) is because we have no TRUE conservative representatives!! We have mostly Rino's in office and progressive Rino's at that!! We don't have a TRUE choice in elections today; you either choose the hard leftist, or the moderate leftist!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/22/13 - 11:49 am

Thumbs up, myfather.

myfather15
myfather15 08/22/13 - 11:50 am
Rant #4, #5 and Thauch12

First, read the ENTIRE seat belt law, including the exemptions; which include emergency vehicles in the discharge of their official duties. Emergency vehicles are EXEMPT in that aspect. But, I must say; I wear mine at all times unless I'm going slow and think a driver is about to bail out on me!! I don't like the thoughts of EATING a steering wheel; I've seen what it does to a face and I want no part of it!!

#5; Do you know what that Deputy was responding to? There are certain call considered emergnecy calls, which you run lights and siren on and go as fast as you SAFELY can; ALWAYS using due regard!! Now, something like an residential alarm, is NOT considered an emergency call; so you are NOT allowed to run lights and siren.

If it's YOUR house the alarm is going off at; would you like us to get there as quickly and SAFELY as possible? So if the deputy is doing 65 or 70 (Not highly excessive) in a 55mph zone; is it possible this is reasonable or justified? It's just a question; because you NEVER know what this deputy is doing, unless you follow them and actually SEE where they are going. I have also got "non-emergency" calls for service, such as alarms; and went above the speed limit to get there because I want to make sure someones home isn't being burglarized.

Now, there is also something called REASONABLE!! If a Deputy is going 90+ MPH, trying to get to an alarm call, this is ridiculous!! This is no reason to endanger lives!! Deputies are also highly trained in driving their vehicles at high rates of speed; so 70 mph isn't all that fast for their driving skills.

Now, if a deputy is FLYING when he passes you; then you follow him and he pulls into the office or his home; you should file a complaint!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 11:51 am
You remember that old movie?

I think it had Charlton Heston in it, didn't it ??

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 11:56 am
Rants & Raves

Who comments on the Rants & Raves ?! Go to the LTE's and / or the editorials !! Now that is good stuff to debate about !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/22/13 - 12:02 pm
myfather15 @ 12:37

"Could you imagine the outrage, had this been 3 white boys, shooting a black man while jogging? It would have blown the Zimmerman coverage out of the water!!! 3 White men, shooting a black man? WOW; I shutter at the thought of the coverage and what Sharpton and Jackson would have said; the President too!!"

YOU DON'T think this is going EXTREMELY to the right of center politics ?

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/22/13 - 12:08 pm
"Harley," is CORRECT!!!! Next to last Rant: People, regardless

of rece are slap, as you put it down here, afraid of cops, because of a vaiety of reasons, one being cops that let their LIMITED authority go to their heads and, ergo, ABUSE said limited authority. Case in Point: Look at MOST North Augusta cops behavior.

Kettle donations rise in 2014