Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THANK YOU, Augusta Cares. I called your office regarding wheels, which had their shafts sheared on my new recyclable bin, and the following day both wheels were replaced. That is what I would call excellent service. It disturbs me, though, that I had problems with the wheels in the first place since this was a new bin. It looks like to me that the quality of the product is poor.

PRESIDENT OBAMA’S No. 1 groupie, Paul McCartney, is to be honored by him at the White House. I wish both of them would take the long and winding road.

A RANT FOR ALL THE people riding their bicycles on the left-hand side of the road. I guess they think that their visibility is improved by going the wrong way against traffic. I fear that they may face traffic charges if involved in an accident.

IF OBAMACARE, WHICH is being jammed down our throats, is such a good idea, why (and how) did Congress decide that they would opt themselves and their families out of the program?

THE PRESIDENT FINALLY admitted at his news conference that Edward Snowden forced his hand to deal with the NSA surveillance program. He also said that he had started the review process long before Snowden exposed the surveillance program. Now, that’s just not believable from a president who leads from behind.

PRESIDENT OBAMA is warning disabled veterans that there are cuts coming because of budget constraints, yet he takes expensive taxpayer-funded vacations/trips. Our government sends billions of dollars overseas yearly. Enough! End foreign aid, bring our troops home and secure our borders. America first.

IF A DEPUTY USES excessive force, then he does need to be removed from the force, I agree. But my question is why is a 15-year-old out running the streets at 11 p.m. and then when approached by deputies, decide to run? That seems suspicious to me. Hold the parents responsible. And please quit using Trayvon Martin as a justification.

I AM AFRAID Oprah Winfrey is fanning the flames of racism by her comment in which she compared the killing of Trayvon Martin to that of Emmett Till. Till, a 14-year-old black teen, was brutally murdered by racists in Mississippi back in 1955. There is no comparison. The comment is uncharacteristic of her.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 08/21/13 - 04:36 pm
Thanks

Thank you corgi. I will do my best not to disappoint. Maybe you can come down for the upcoming meet and greet.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 05:07 pm
Blogger Social Gathering

Count me in ...

Just post the time and place.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/21/13 - 06:57 pm
OK, so we shoot for September 28th/ 29th or October 5th/6th for

Ok folks I'm proposing 4 days when Jake will be in town that we can meet. These are Saturdays and Sundays. I figure afternoon about 2 so everyone will have time on Saturday after lunch or if we make it Sunday everyone can attend Church then have lunch before coming! Dress will be casual, and behaviorr will be cordial. Tell me what days you prefer and we'll go with the majority!!!

KSL
KSL 08/21/13 - 07:01 pm
Happy birthday, Sean.

Happy birthday, Sean.

Tots
Tots 08/21/13 - 07:10 pm
Happy Birthday Sean....

I'm really sorry i didn't make it to the gathering of family and friends to see Sarge- (Jim) off..He will always be in my heart and never forgotten as a friend...

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 07:18 pm
Not pretty sight was I?

Thanks Sean,

A privilege to have met you, Happy Birthday and many wishes.

I just wish the circumstances could have been better.

To everybody:
We would have stayed longer but we were late getting back from a trip Atlanta.

More offline later.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 07:25 pm
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts

Just email me with the time and place once it is firmed up.

Since it will be neutral ground, I promise to leave my opinions at home.

happychimer
happychimer 08/21/13 - 07:31 pm
The meeting plans sound good.

The meeting plans sound good. I hope more will be there. I am sure we all would love to meet countyman.

KSL
KSL 08/21/13 - 08:28 pm
Here is who I wish could be there

Mojo, DoubleD, JohnSmith, Carleton Duvall, Augusta Resident, rolling eyes. Got to go get more names.

happychimer
happychimer 08/21/13 - 08:31 pm
yes all posters

yes all posters

corgimom
corgimom 08/21/13 - 10:30 pm

Thank you so much, Sean, for your invitation, but I'm not able to.

I was in a car accident a few months ago, I am not healing properly, and I have been very house-bound these past few months. I'm not able to travel for that long of a distance. Maybe next year.

We had to cancel a beach trip, too, because of it. That stinks.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/13 - 08:21 am
corgimom - sorry to hear you'll be missing the gathering

Hope you heal...

I enjoy the occasional opposing views you present.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/13 - 09:40 am
AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/22/13 - 04:25 pm
Riverman1, His wife told me

Riverman1, His wife told me she couldn't find Sarge's dress blue uniform. If I'm not mistaken, what I saw him wearing was sand/beige colored, but I was looking at his face not his clothes, but my impression was that it was a uniform. I saw someone come in with a bandanna and biker clothes, too. It doesn't matter to me what people wear when they come to pay respects or what they are wearing when they are laid to rest. It is what is in their hearts, minds and souls that counts to me. I also liked what a sweet little someone had put by his side, too. I'm glad I went and was glad to see he had so many come to pay their respects and comfort his family.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/22/13 - 04:29 pm
Corgi, I hope and pray you

Corgi, I hope and pray you heal well and quickly. I'm glad you have access to a computer at home so you can keep informed and in touch with so much and so many. Hang in there and take good care of yourself, even if it means asking for family and/or friends to pitch in and help you. Pace yourself, hope you make steady progress.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/22/13 - 10:06 pm
Sean, if you met nocnoc,

Sean, if you met nocnoc, there's a possibility you saw me, too. Didn't know it was your birthday, though. Happy Belated Birthday. I'm looking forward to a possible get together for the online posters on a happier occasion than this recent one. I was introduced to one of them and had met another already that was there. It would be a good time to have another gathering as CBBP suggested also. I enjoyed the last few I went to, but it has been a long time since I've gone to one where we actually had a chance to sit down and get to know each other a bit in a relaxed setting.

Fatality highlights golf cart safety

Similar to cars, driving a golf cart has legal requirements. Texting and driving is illegal. So is driving while impaired. Also, all drivers must have a valid driver's license and golf carts are ...