Rants & Raves

WE DON’T NEED any more criminal housing in south Augusta. What we need is more law enforcement down here.

Back | Next
The Augusta Chronicle commenting community lost one of their own yesterday. You knew him as Sargebaby. His real name was Jim McKenzie. RIP. You will be missed.

HILLARY CLINTON will not have to run for president. All she will have to do is walk into the job.

RANT FOR THE DOT. They actually cut the trash on Bobby Jones at Wrights­boro Road. But why not pick the trash up before cutting the grass, so it won’t leave all the debris scattered all over the highway?

SCHOOL Superinten­dent Roberson should retire. He isn’t able to do his job. Please retire or fire him.

RAVE FOR CHRIST Com­munity. I’ve been going there for a year. They helped me get my blood pressure and sugar under control. Dr. Gil­bert, Dr. Campbell and all the rest, I want to say thank you.

RANT CONCERNING the city-owned golf course. Paul Simon made a comment about the condition of the course and said they should be ashamed the city charges to play there. The problem is that everybody who works for or retired from and their friends and family play for free or reduced prices, not allowing the course to make enough money. This is the reason the majority of commissioners want the Patch to stay in the city’s ownership, so they can play free golf. I am tired of paying for these freeloaders.

NOT TOO LONG AGO, we would have sent in Marines and beefed up security at our embassies. Now we close the embassies and hide in closets while the president goes on vacation.

THE ONLY THING that will instill honesty, integrity and responsibility is teaching Bible courses. Golf won’t do it.

RANTS TO THE OWNERS of two dead golf courses in the CSRA. I am calling out the Augusta Com­mission and Donnie Thomp­son. You both have awesome facilities for two fine golf courses, yet you can’t make them operational. Shame on you both, to have such wonderful assets yet you do nothing.

NOTHING TO SAY except when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson preach racial harmony they are talking out their back sides. How incredible that they didn’t weigh in on the three black hoods beating a white boy on the bus. But did you expect anything else? No way for them to make money!

I LIKE THE movie Judgment at Nuremberg. They all tell the truth.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/19/13 - 10:41 am
Thanks Sean.

Thanks Sean. You are also a very great person.

justthefacts
20416
justthefacts 08/19/13 - 10:41 am
Seenit

Jumping off the Chris Christie bandwagon??

KSL
KSL 08/20/13 - 06:09 am
Thank you, Sean.What a

Thank you, Sean.

What a trbute to a wonderful person.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/19/13 - 10:45 am
Jumping off the Chris Christie bandwagon??

I don't know yet...I will give him some more time.....can't really say until the others jump on the wagon!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/19/13 - 10:48 am
Thanks for the nice pics of Sarge

Great choices....

p s
If you ever post pics of me please don't put the scantily clad photo on here....imagination is a wonderful thing...:)

corgimom
corgimom 08/19/13 - 10:49 am
Hubba hubba, look at Sarge as

Hubba hubba, look at Sarge as a grunt...those muscles...cute as can be...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/19/13 - 10:52 am
ksl....lucky gal

"We had the pleasure of meeting Pat Conroy at a party at our neighbors' "

I would love to meet him....is he as entertaining in person?

Trouble
Trouble 08/19/13 - 11:03 am
sean

I just have to ask, if we flag one of your comments for review, who gets to review it?

corgimom
corgimom 08/19/13 - 11:04 am
If you live in South Augusta,

If you live in South Augusta, and you are a decent person, the handwriting is on the wall. Call a realtor, get out while you can.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 08/19/13 - 11:08 am
@ Trouble 11:03

That would be me. As always, I'll do my best to be impartial (before okaying my comment of course.)

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/19/13 - 11:12 am
"Nothing to Say," Racism at it's finest

with YOUR Rant! Let it go, please!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/19/13 - 11:27 am
Creditors face deadline in Detroit bankruptcy case

Headlines in AJC...
Today is the deadline for creditors --who stand to lose big if a Fed Judge declares Detroit insolvent....

Atlanta now has as many visitors as Las Vegas, San Diego & Los Angeles says our Mayor Kasim Reed. wow ...did you see that countyman?

Political fray would put light on education----The Govs race with Deal & Ga School super John Barge would further politicize just about every aspect of public education.....

Jake
Jake 08/19/13 - 11:38 am
@Sean

Nice touch for a tribute and may be a first for the R&R's. Thanks, I'm sure he would be very touched.

KSL
KSL 08/19/13 - 11:28 pm
Well he was a flirt and a not so good ping pong player.

My husband beat him at ping pong. I don't think I ought to explain the other part on line. Better inperson or on the phone, even if NSA will be listening.

Seriously, he was a super nice guy and charmed a lot of Aiken people during the 2 weeks he was here to anaylize us different factions uand the folks in the Valley.

As a semi recent transplant to Aiken, I found his analysis dead on and amazing for just a 2 week, shall I say, infiltration of the various subcultures.

KSL
KSL 08/19/13 - 12:51 pm
Sean is fair

I don't check the email account constantly that my Chronicle account is registered to. Upon one occasion I checked and found I was notified by Sean that I had had a post removed. But immediately following that was a post from Sean apologizing and telling me that he realized I was just responding to another poster. And, obviously it was not me and the first poster exchanging obscenities at each other.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/19/13 - 02:17 pm
Viewing

Viewing for Sarge will be at McNeil Funeral Home between 7 to 9 tomorrow.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/19/13 - 03:58 pm
Thank you CobaltGeorge. I

Thank you CobaltGeorge. I might try to make it even though I have a funeral service to attend the same night, unless I have to bring someone with me to the 6pm. Yes, the same night.

Darby
Darby 08/19/13 - 06:45 pm
"HILLARY CLINTON will not have to run for

president. All she will have to do is walk into the job."

Obviously written by someone who feels the need to be punished.

Still, I expect there will be an election in 2016, in spite of what the writer thinks.

KSL
KSL 08/20/13 - 06:13 am
Unless Obama writes yet

Unless Obama writes yet another executive order declaring himself emporer. Or conjures up a reason to declare martial law.

Education millage rate slightly drops

The Richmond County Board of Education passed a tentative millage rate for the 2015 fiscal year Monday, a move that could save Richmond County property owners a few cents but would keep tax rates ...