Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR the barbers who gave free haircuts at May Park … community spirit at its finest, we need more of that!

RAVES FOR GRU residents providing for the poor of Peru. Too bad they are unable to donate their services to our local Project Access Program. It is in desperate need.

YOUR EDITORIAL SHOWS crime stats from around the county. It seems most of the times deputies are called they’re called to “clubs.” Thus, one way to lower those rates would simply be to close all “clubs” for a while and then see what results.

A BIG “BULL RUN” is on for Atlanta, similar to the dangerous ones in Pamplona, Spain. One, how stupid can Americans get?

BIG RANT FOR THE yard man who cuts the grass for my neighbor. Clean up after yourself, and don’t throw the grass clippings on my side or, even worse, in the storm drain. Be respectful and clean.

THANK YOU, OBAMA, for all you have done for this country, and I hope you will bring all our troops home before you leave office. Have a blessed day.

RAVE FOR ALL THE nurses on 4 at Doctors Hospital who took such good care of me. Kudos to you.

FOR ALL THE ATTORNEYS in the CSRA: You need to polish up your lawsuits against medical facilities because they all have staff doctors and you can’t see your private physician. I almost hemorrhaged to death when the staff doctor didn’t show up.

WE COLLECT USED CELLPHONES for our military while Obama is giving new cellphones with 250 minutes to most anybody who applies for them. There seems to be a problem there.

THE TV GUIDE DOES not advertise channel 12.3 and 54.2. How will people know what is on those channels without being advertised?

RANT TO AN USHER at a local church. At a recent funeral she was boisterous and loud. She wasn’t even a member of that church, but she was bossing people around.

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 03:04 pm
"There are already

"There are already transgendered children in schools, and yes, the schools have to make accomodations for them."

Who deemed "trans-gender" people disabled?

I believe I'm trans-species; I was born in a human body but I believe I'm a dog!! They need to put telephone poles and fire hydrants in the restrooms for me to pee on!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 03:08 pm
Ooops!

Posted that last one before I saw dichotomy's 2:49 pm post!! Sorry, didn't meant to copy your idea!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/18/13 - 03:42 pm
For Sarge, a Man among Men, a

For Sarge, a Man among Men, a Gentleman and a Warrior. Thank you for your Service! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1aQI4ArDs0

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 03:50 pm
It falls under psychological

It falls under psychological issues. It's a medical and psychological thing.

Again, y'all are the people that elect idiots to Congress that pass these laws!

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:00 pm
You know, there are kids out

You know, there are kids out there that really struggle. For just about anything you can make up, that you think is so funny, there are kids out there that really act like that.

I wouldn't want any child to go through transgender issues, whether they are or not, their lives are tough. I wouldn't want any child to suffer from mental illness. I wouldn't wish that on any child.

They really are just kids, and if they think that they want to act like a member of the opposite sex, really, does it do any harm? Does it make them any less of a person? Does it make them any less of one of God's children?

I'd rather deal with that, than a mean one or a violent one.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:09 pm
Sex at school? ME? ARE YOU

Sex at school? ME? ARE YOU KIDDING?

I didn't have a DEATH WISH, my parents would've KILLED ME!

But I knew kids that did.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:16 pm
"What happens to the children

"What happens to the children bathroom monitors who tell on other kids misbehaving? Same thing the white kid in Florida got, a good beat down!!"

well, myfather, perhaps you can figure out how a teacher can be in two bathrooms at the same time and the hall, too. I can't, neither can anybody else. So your idea of the teacher being a bathroom monitor is impossible unless you have 3 adults. One in the girls, one in the boys, one in the hall to supervise the ones waiting. And the one supervising the hall has 3 classes at once, nobody in their right mind wants to do that.

The teachers do the "monitor" on a rotating basis, one day you're the monitor, ratting somebody out, the next day, you're the perp being ratted out. It's very democratic. It works.

You know, just like the teachers did with us. I don't know about you, teachers never went into a bathroom when I was a kid. The teacher stayed outside, the kids were the monitors. It worked back then, it works now.

Maybe your school experience was different than mine, I don't know.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 05:22 pm
OFFENSIVE

There has been many Offensive scenes on this AC Blog site in the many years that I have been here, but I have never seen something as offensive as what I have seen today. 6 condolences have been given to a long time AC member, a true friend to many on here, an honorable military veteran who died from Agent Orange while fighting for America and a devoted Christian.

Everyone of those 6 has received a slap in the face with a Thumbs Down.........I don't think any past offense will ever match this one.

Sean has the capability to know who this sick animal is and do more than a love note given. This "IT' in my book is worst than any American destroying Liberal I know.

If I'm wrong in my way of thinking, please let me know.

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 05:39 pm
Corgimom

Excuse me??

"So your idea of the teacher being a bathroom monitor is impossible unless you have 3 adults. One in the girls, one in the boys, one in the hall to supervise the ones waiting."

If you'll check my comments; I never mentioned anything about teachers being monitors; wasn't my idea!! Might have been another conservatives idea, but not mine!

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 05:49 pm
Corgimom

"They really are just kids, and if they think that they want to act like a member of the opposite sex, really, does it do any harm? Does it make them any less of a person?"

Does it do any harm? Yes, I would have to say that ADULTS who advocate this type behavior, are doing the child NO good. What the child needs are people with structure who will help BUILD THEM and bring them OUT of this type behavior, NOT EMBRACE this!! If it's a male child, they need someone to teach them about being a responsible male!! Not someone confusing them even more by embracing this behavior!! Likewise for a female, she needs someone to teach her to be a woman and the wonderful aspects of being a woman.

Does it make them any less a person? Absolutely NOT!!

But I'm telling you, the continued SHOVING of these type lifestyles down peoples throats, will have very serious consequences!! I truly believe most people today believe in "live and let live". They are not racist, bigot homophobes!! But when you're telling parents their child MUST share a bathroom with a male student because HE thinks himself a woman; It will never work throughout the Country!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 05:51 pm
Who is this "Sarge" people

Who is this "Sarge" people are talking about? May he rest in peace; it sounds like he deserves to rest!! Sounds like a great guy!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 05:53 pm
The Bathroom Free-For-All

I want you all to think for a minute.....Some devoted parents spend from birth to 5 / 6 years teaching their children what privacy of their body means along with what is morality and decent action are.

Now this 5/6 year old goes to school and has to go to the restroom to pee. While doing so, here come his female classmate and stands there watching.

At that moment, this child will suffer an emotion that may change his whole life...plus,,, it has destroyed the years thought by his straight loving parents.

I can see many other scenarios that this un-godly law will add to the totally destruction of this once great nation all for those approximate 2% whims and feelings.

What the heck, what's difference does it make...destroy the remaining 98%.

KSL
KSL 08/18/13 - 06:15 pm
myfather

You can learn a lot about who he was from his posts.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 06:30 pm
KSL, Thanks.

I was thinking of doing that. Very honorable of you.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/18/13 - 06:36 pm
I'm with CG

Anyone who wants to thumb down a tribute to the passing of a great man who also was a great friend to many here should be admonished if not outright banned. I equate them with the Westboro Church. Sean, you don't hesitate to admonish someone when there is a post that someone may misinterpret, it's time to step up. We haven't misinterpreted this!!

KSL
KSL 08/18/13 - 06:36 pm
CG

Looks like we got a couple more tsd's.

Chuck Odom
Chuck Odom 08/18/13 - 06:49 pm
I did not know Sarge but, as

I did not know Sarge but, as retired and NCO I find the passing of any soldier a sad occasion. Rest in peace my brother. You have fulfilled your duty. Rest in peace.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/18/13 - 07:00 pm
"Nocnoc, you dream up all the

"Nocnoc, you dream up all the doomiest and gloomiest scenarios when the truth is just so simple."

It is simple , if you don't have your mind in the wrong place.

If you look at the human race as a Ying and a Yang.
It is simple to predict the worst elements of humanity will abuse any situation that allows them to apply their abusive behavior.

Care to point out any thing with a well meaning intend, that has never has been abused when it involved a human?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/18/13 - 07:01 pm
BTW: I just re-read the AC posting

I do that from time to time.
Just to makes sure I am in line.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/18/13 - 08:02 pm

It's probably the same person who stated on here that they were glad that PTHS died.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/18/13 - 08:01 pm
Funny

Corgimon keeps saying other people are the ones voting these cretins into office. Wonder why she is excluded. Perhaps she doesn't vote?Perhaps she could tell everyone who to vote for next time.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/18/13 - 08:17 pm
Sarge is gone.

Last time I saw him, destpite his pain, he cheered me up, and we traded lies about the good old days. I hope he's in a place without pain and everything's like he remembered.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 08:27 pm
justthefacts, in this

justthefacts, in this country, voting is secret.

I don't tell on here who I vote for, for anything. I don't tell if I vote or not. That's my Constitutional right.

I also don't tell other people who to vote for, although some on here do. People can vote for whoever they want, that's their Constitutional right. Or not vote at all. Whatever. I don't care.

Many people have told me who I've voted for, they are sure that they know. I laugh.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/18/13 - 08:55 pm
Uh

Corgimom, I think you missed my point. But, not that important, just an observation that apparently, in your opinion, we all deserve what we have because we stupidly vote for the wrong people while you don't.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/18/13 - 10:12 pm
I've missed Sarge on here,

I've missed Sarge on here, thankfully, I, along with others, was kept informed of how he was doing throughout by a thoughtful family member. He is now in the arms of God and no longer in pain. I am glad I had a chance to meet him and his wife in person a few years back. I can't believe how long it has been since then. His family and his friends are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as his friends here. I will never forget his kind words and encouragement through these difficult years.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/18/13 - 10:24 pm
Beautiful prayer by Corgimom

Beautiful prayer by Corgimom at 11:09 for Sarge. Thanks for sharing it.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 11:17 pm
justthefacts, I repeat, you

justthefacts, I repeat, you have no idea how I vote, because I don't say.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 08/19/13 - 09:40 am
Note to all

I have no way of knowing who gives thumbs up or thumbs down.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/19/13 - 04:13 pm
I see what everyone means, I

I see what everyone means, I cannot fathom why someone would give me a thumbs down for thanking Corgimom for sharing her prayer for Sarge. That's warped.