Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR the barbers who gave free haircuts at May Park … community spirit at its finest, we need more of that!

RAVES FOR GRU residents providing for the poor of Peru. Too bad they are unable to donate their services to our local Project Access Program. It is in desperate need.

YOUR EDITORIAL SHOWS crime stats from around the county. It seems most of the times deputies are called they’re called to “clubs.” Thus, one way to lower those rates would simply be to close all “clubs” for a while and then see what results.

A BIG “BULL RUN” is on for Atlanta, similar to the dangerous ones in Pamplona, Spain. One, how stupid can Americans get?

BIG RANT FOR THE yard man who cuts the grass for my neighbor. Clean up after yourself, and don’t throw the grass clippings on my side or, even worse, in the storm drain. Be respectful and clean.

THANK YOU, OBAMA, for all you have done for this country, and I hope you will bring all our troops home before you leave office. Have a blessed day.

RAVE FOR ALL THE nurses on 4 at Doctors Hospital who took such good care of me. Kudos to you.

FOR ALL THE ATTORNEYS in the CSRA: You need to polish up your lawsuits against medical facilities because they all have staff doctors and you can’t see your private physician. I almost hemorrhaged to death when the staff doctor didn’t show up.

WE COLLECT USED CELLPHONES for our military while Obama is giving new cellphones with 250 minutes to most anybody who applies for them. There seems to be a problem there.

THE TV GUIDE DOES not advertise channel 12.3 and 54.2. How will people know what is on those channels without being advertised?

RANT TO AN USHER at a local church. At a recent funeral she was boisterous and loud. She wasn’t even a member of that church, but she was bossing people around.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/18/13 - 09:20 am
Should come as no surprise

... that the news article about the murder of the baby in his stroller is on page SIX-B; black on white violence is just background noise, I suppose.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/18/13 - 09:20 am
Transgender

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 09:23 am
Well I'll be

Howto use a bidet

I really learn a lot on here....seeya a little later guys..:)

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/18/13 - 09:25 am
"... one way to lower those (crime) rates

... would simply be to close all “clubs” for a while... "

Sure, why not penalize the law abiding as well? Not to mention destroying the lawful and heavily taxed and regulated businesses which serve the city as cash cows. Instead we could all form circles and sing "Obama, mmmm, mmmm ..."

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/18/13 - 09:47 am
Bidets

When I was in the Army I was sent in from the desert to Amman, Jordan for something for a few days and they put me up in a hotel downtown. There was a bidet and when I asked the guy what it was for, he told me it was too wash my feet.

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/18/13 - 10:45 am
Next to last Rant"

Try the "guide for Channels that is on your system. And please, please ind something germane to complain about!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/18/13 - 11:01 am
Comment # 6

These wars have been going on FAR too long ! It is truly time to bring the troops home !

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 11:06 am
WEll...did you?

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 11:09 am
Ok, folks, listen up.

Ok, folks, listen up.

Heavenly Father, we are saddened to hear about the loss of our dear friend and Brother in Christ, "Sarge" Jim McKenzie. We know, beyond all doubt, that he was a faithful servant of the Lord and followed His Word every day of his earthly life.

We are thankful, Lord, that you have Healed him beyond all measure. We know that he is free, healthy, happy, and no longer burdened with Earthly troubles and suffering.

We know he is now in Heaven, where he will enjoy Eternal Life, and we know, as Christians, that we will see him again.

Lord, give comfort and strength to his family, his friends, and all of us on here. Although we are grief-stricken to know that he is gone, and we will miss him dearly, we know that he has won, that his battles are all over, and he is at peace with the Lord. He fought an incredible fight, and he was the walking personification of courage. He truly led a Christian life.

Our condolences to his family and friends, we know that he will be forever missed.

We ask for blessings for the family, and we ask this in Jesus' name.

Amen.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 11:27 am
"You know the boys have to be

"You know the boys have to be grinning ear to ear. I can just envision the "reaction" when a naked girl who thinks she is a boy steps into the showers with them."

That isn't going to happen, it doesn't happen now. They will shower in separate facilities, honestly, do you really think that will happen?

This law isn't any different than what's being done now, this just clarifies a poorly-written law.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 11:43 am
11:09

Very well spoken with truth and heart, Thanks corgimon.

I have a further comment.....We have one sick, sorry piece of whale poo that view among us, Lord, please help me from ever knowing or meet this...........................................................................

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 11:45 am
?

"There are already transgendered children in schools, and yes, the schools have to make accomodations for them."

WHY?

allhans
allhans 08/18/13 - 11:46 am
I guess with the new bathroom

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 11:49 am
The downside of Martin/Zimm case

I see on tv news that some want to stop the stop & frisk procedure in NYC....should that stop I can only see MORE deaths for the black & poor neighborhoods....The Police Chief said this was only done when there was a reason for doing so....imo he is right.

So now, will we see more Chicagos & Detroits because some see a racial bias in EVERYTHING! Jase of the Duck Dynasty was thrown out of a ritzy NYC hotel.....did he see a bias because they thought he was a bum? He laughed it off...he didn't need THEIR approval of his looks...Your character & your deportment tells who you are...with every breath you take & every step that you make..

Don't let others decide who you really are.

Jake
Jake 08/18/13 - 12:15 pm
Taps....

.....are playing today for Sarge. You served your country with honor and it showed. A kinder person with a good word for almost everyone would be hard to find. Rest in peace, soldier, your march is over and I salute you.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/18/13 - 12:26 pm
Stalls

Allhans posted:

It would lower maintenance costs to just remove all the doors from the stalls.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/18/13 - 12:27 pm
Transgender Students

They're so accommodating to the transgender students in the elementary, middle and high schools. They ought to make the teacher restrooms unisex to accommodate the transgender teachers.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 12:45 pm
"There are already

WHY?

Because it's Federal law, that's why. It's protected under disabilities.

I keep telling all of you, you keep electing these idiots to Congress that pass these laws, and then you complain!!!

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 12:47 pm
"I guess with the new

"I guess with the new bathroom policy it will be okay for the creeps out there to peek under the stall."

Allhans, let me be blunt with this.

The only ones that we had trouble with on that were the gay kids, boys and girls. And we had them. Every year.

The transgendered kids don't care.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 12:50 pm
"They ought to make the

"They ought to make the teacher restrooms unisex to accommodate the transgender teachers."

We had that too. One toilet. Used by both sexes. It worked just
fine. Because we were adults.

It was called "the staff bathroom" and was used by many, without a single problem.

Some of you must lead very difficult lives, that's all I can say, if you think that would be a problem among adults.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/18/13 - 12:57 pm
Corgimom

You might want to read the article again if you think this is NOT new, and only applies to bathrooms.

"California has become the first state in the nation to allow boys and girls access to the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice — regardless of their gender."

harley_52
harley_52 08/18/13 - 01:00 pm
I Did Not Know...

...that Jim (Sarge) had passed away. I'm very sorry.

RIP Soldier...

KSL
KSL 08/18/13 - 01:02 pm
Can't you enlighten without

Can't you enlighten without insulting?

KSL
KSL 08/18/13 - 01:06 pm
Sarge was a sweetheart. I am

Sarge was a sweetheart. I am glad to have had the pleasure of knowing him.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 01:31 pm
Insulting is in the eye of

Insulting is in the eye of the beholder, KSL, and I've seen some comments on here from you that I would put in that catagory. Not towards me, I don't get insulted by people on a blog, but I know that others do.

I don't get bent out of shape by too much on here, this is playtime for all of us. I keep it in the proper perspective. I'm an adult, not a middle-schooler.

I wish that I had some of the problems that some bloggers and ranters complain about, I'd have a far easier life.

I wish that my life was such that my biggest problems in life were my neighbor's grass clippings, or a perceived insult on a blog, or some of the other stuff that people get het up about on here.

One of our members, a member that was loved, has passed away. That's what's important to me, not if somebody "insulted" me on a blog. This blog moves so fast, that if you're offended, wait 10 minutes, it'll all go in a different direction, and you won't even remember it the next day.

There are people on here (I'm not talking about me, btw) that are dealing with really serious things in their life. You can tell, when you read their posts. I care about them, I care about that, not an "insult". But that's just me.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 02:01 pm
But you know, KSL, upon

But you know, KSL, upon reflection, perhaps it truly IS in the eye of the beholder.

I don't get too bothered by what's on here. But there have been people on here before, a few years back, that were real lulus. Were you here when the woman dated the man that she met here online, and then he dumped her, and she wouldn't leave him alone? That was SPECTACULAR. And popkorn? And the one that was madly in love with Sarah Palin and kept calling her Mrs. Palin?

Good times! I love all of you on here, even when I don't!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 02:28 pm
To my FB friends

Again FB has messed up my acct...I'm getting to the point of not caring anymore....someone I know wanted to add me & when I punched join they made a new acct or something.....it is TIRING ...so if yall have ideas let me know.
SO SICK of it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/18/13 - 02:49 pm
"boys and girls access to the

"boys and girls access to the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice"

I've always "self identified" as a Golden Retriever. Can I just go out and pee and crap in the school yard?

I cannot believe there are people who think it is fine to violate the rights of 98% of our children to their dignity, right to privacy and personal preference to only be naked around people who are built like themselves......simply to uphold some MADE UP RIGHT of not even 2% of the maybe mis-wired, and possibly simply confused.

This entire discussion, this CA law, simply serves to prove the fact that we have lost our collective minds and we have lost this country and the common sense that built it.

MAKE THE SCHOOLS BUILD A THIRD "WHO KNOWS - Y'ALL FIGURE IT OUT" BATHROOM AND SHOWER FOR GAYS, LESBIANS, AND TRANSGENDERS. The rights of less than 5% of the population DO NOT OUTWEIGH the rights of the other 95%. They have a right to A BATHROOM.....they DO NOT have the right to pee or shower with my granddaughter. My granddaughter DOES HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT SHOWER WITH A PENIS NEXT TO HER.

myfather15
myfather15 08/18/13 - 02:58 pm
"2. The teachers don't

"2. The teachers don't monitor, all you do is have children be bathroom monitors, and the bathrooms have doors on the stalls. This isn't a problem."

What happens to the children bathroom monitors who tell on other kids misbehaving? Same thing the white kid in Florida got, a good beat down!!