Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR the barbers who gave free haircuts at May Park … community spirit at its finest, we need more of that!

RAVES FOR GRU residents providing for the poor of Peru. Too bad they are unable to donate their services to our local Project Access Program. It is in desperate need.

YOUR EDITORIAL SHOWS crime stats from around the county. It seems most of the times deputies are called they’re called to “clubs.” Thus, one way to lower those rates would simply be to close all “clubs” for a while and then see what results.

A BIG “BULL RUN” is on for Atlanta, similar to the dangerous ones in Pamplona, Spain. One, how stupid can Americans get?

THANK YOU, OBAMA, for all you have done for this country, and I hope you will bring all our troops home before you leave office. Have a blessed day.

RAVE FOR ALL THE nurses on 4 at Doctors Hospital who took such good care of me. Kudos to you.

FOR ALL THE ATTORNEYS in the CSRA: You need to polish up your lawsuits against medical facilities because they all have staff doctors and you can’t see your private physician. I almost hemorrhaged to death when the staff doctor didn’t show up.

WE COLLECT USED CELLPHONES for our military while Obama is giving new cellphones with 250 minutes to most anybody who applies for them. There seems to be a problem there.

THE TV GUIDE DOES not advertise channel 12.3 and 54.2. How will people know what is on those channels without being advertised?

RANT TO AN USHER at a local church. At a recent funeral she was boisterous and loud. She wasn’t even a member of that church, but she was bossing people around.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/17/13 - 04:30 pm
Funeral Usher

Rant #11 reminded me of a funeral in which I was a greeter/usher at the back of the room. People were quiet and polite, and the service was dignified. Then we came to the part where family and friends were invited to come to the dais and speak a few words about their relationship with the deceased. Several spoke, then up came the ex-husband of the deceased. He droned on and on about their marriage; then drifted into intimate things best left unsaid, followed by something that was contrary to the deceased’s religious beliefs. A couple of people who knew her well got up and left the service. That is when I walked up to the dais and told him he needed to wrap it up.

Fortunately he got the hint and sat down.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 06:21 pm
@9

What do you expect from our great American leader!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 08:43 pm
@6

"THANK YOU, OBAMA, for all you have done for this country"

Please, oh Please, just give me one thing in the past 5 years that this King SMNCICBHO(M), the Hammer and Sickle man has done that has been good for this County.

Please respond with a non-Liberal comment!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 06:28 pm
@3

Yes, lets all gather at home drinking parties. Nothing ever happens at those.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 06:31 pm
@11

Question? Did the decease complain?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 08:40 pm
Beginnning Of A Superior Education System..BY..Liberals!

What are you going to say or do when this hits Georgia or S. Carolina?

Calif. Governor Signs Transgender Bathroom Bill

Calif. Governor Signs Transgender Bathroom Bill
Aug 12, 2013

California has become the first state in the nation to allow boys and girls access to the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice — regardless of their gender.

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown announced Monday that he had signed AB1266 – seen as a landmark decision for transgender Americans. The new law gives students the right “to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities” based on their self-perception and regardless of their birth gender.

Supporters said the law will help reduce bullying against transgender students. It comes as the families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.

Detractors said allowing students of one gender to use facilities intended for the other could invade the other students’ privacy.

“We stand ready and willing to defend anyone who will be victimized as a result of this new law,” said Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute. “That includes someone whose privacy rights are violated in the bathroom, in the locker room, in the showers, or someone who is prevented from playing on a sports team because someone from the opposite gender took their place.”

Karen England, executive director of the Capitol Resource Institute said the law forces “San Francisco values on all California schools.”

“This is a very radical idea,” she said. “You’re going to have first-grade boys going to the restroom next to first-grade girls without any supervision.”

England said the law would allow students of any gender to access public school bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice. It would also students to participate in sports activities based on “that student’s assertion that he or she identifies as having a different private sense of their own gender regardless of their biological gender at birth.”

San Francisco Assemblyman Tom Ammiano said the law simply clarifies existing non-discrimination provisions in the education code. He said districts must offer transgender students equal access to programs and facilities based on their gender identity.

“No student can learn if they feel they have to hide who they are in school,” he said in a statement.

He identified gender identity as a “person’s internal, deeply-rooted identification as male or female.”

England said parents or students who feel uncomfortable with their daughters showering next to boys – are being accused of being bigots.

“And now if a girl doesn’t want to shower with a boy, there’s something wrong with you,” She said.

The assemblyman’s office provided a statement acknowledging that some parents and students may be uncomfortable with the law.

“Discomfort is not an excuse for discrimination,” he said in a statement.

Shannon Minter, legal director for the National Center for Lesbian Rights, told SF Weekly that California is “blazing the trail for transgender young people and their families.”

“This a watershed moment not only for California, but for the entire nation,” she told the newspaper. ”The public’s understanding and acceptance of transgender youth have grown exponentially in the past few years, and today’s law is a huge step forward in ensuring that these young people are truly welcomed and included in our state’s public schools.”

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/13 - 08:40 pm
Good Night

Pleasant Dreams.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/17/13 - 08:52 pm
Never heard the phrase "Hey Bubba Watch this!"?

Heck let them run the bulls, I'll bet on the number of injuries to the runners.

Beside it is always fun to watch "Stupid is as Stupid does" in real life.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/17/13 - 08:59 pm
Calif. Governor Signs Transgender Bathroom Bill

Idiots!

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 08/17/13 - 10:17 pm
Great line:

"The cheese in the trap is always free."

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 08/17/13 - 10:34 pm
Rant number four doesn't violate rule three

... which is, "Whatever adults do that I don't have to pay for or participate in is fine with me."

Proctoscopy by bull's horn may be a consequence, but the only pain I feel is from side-splitting laughter.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:28 am
"BIG RANT FOR THE yard man

"BIG RANT FOR THE yard man who cuts the grass for my neighbor. Clean up after yourself, and don’t throw the grass clippings on my side or, even worse, in the storm drain. Be respectful and clean."

People are so petty. Why don't you just ask the yard man yourself?

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:32 am
"If boys can use girls

"If boys can use girls restrooms and visa-verse can anyone see where this is headed for Sex hookups at school?

How is a teacher to monitor the goings on in a restroom without being charged for a number of sexual offenses?"

1. Kids already have sex at school, they did it back when I was in high school, in the early 70's.

2. The teachers don't monitor, all you do is have children be bathroom monitors, and the bathrooms have doors on the stalls. This isn't a problem. Teachers didn't monitor us when we were kids, either, how would a teacher be able to be in two seperate bathrooms at the same time?

Nocnoc, you dream up all the doomiest and gloomiest scenarios when the truth is just so simple.

corgimom
corgimom 08/18/13 - 04:35 am
Rant #3- Any time you have a

Rant #3- Any time you have a bunch of drunks get together, there's trouble sooner or later, it doesn't have to be at a "club".

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 06:41 am
ok now...let me see

If I'm not sure of what sex I want to be ...I can go in any bathroom I choose.....whoooooaaa......now can't you see some kids taking advantage of this rule....we have lost our ever loving mind...we can't bend over enough trying to be pc...CRAZY.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 06:43 am
Free shave & a haircut :)

Ok, it is just a haircut but what a nice thing to do...thank you barbers.

We need nice because we have enough ugly.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 06:46 am
Good am Peach in Wis

I will get an email toya today...but just jump in on here we need more wimmen voices.....we like sassy & brassy so have at it!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/18/13 - 06:47 am
Signs

They still will need a descriptive sign on the restroom doors, won't they? How about these:

Avec Urinals

Sans Urinals

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 06:49 am
Llamb said...:)

That is when I walked up to the dais and told him he needed to wrap it up.

That is the same thing Sean does to us...have you been taking lessons? LOL :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 06:53 am
Sex in school??

I never had sex in school....so what are yall talking about...where did this happen.....how could you.....:):)

I still can't get over the couple having sex at the movies...NOW that took guts...or nerve or drugs or something! btw, what happened to that couple?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 07:06 am
Trouble on the commish

Yall can have it....I want my vote to matter & I just don't see that happening in Augusta....you will soon have another Atlanta Ga type governing system...not all good & not all bad but the whites are out of the loop....sooo move over Appling residents...just looks like I will be ya neighbor......sometime soon, I hope.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 07:13 am
Good Morning "Peach, AC Friends & TSD's" America.

A Post from a very "Patriot" Veteran Lady follower.

Hi!,
Just read the Augusta Chronicle and the R&R column. Was surprised to re-read my post to you that I sent some time ago. Had forgotten about it, although I still read the Internet column daily. Appreciate the comments made by other posters. I do get good cheese here in Wisconsin as one mentioned. Also enjoy the Packers and Brewers games plus other advantages of living in the cold North. Our summers are really beautiful and so much going on. But we too are experiencing the same crimes and 'low pants' as other cities. August is the worst month in the Milwaukee area for shooting....so sad that many happened daily. Not quite as bad as Chicago, although we're only 90 miles north of the big city.
I would really like to correspond with SeenitB4, I think she is one terrific lady and thinks a lot like I do. I've tried several times to get an e-mail address for her, but so far to no avail. Also say a prayer daily for Sarge. I have phoned him to wish him well while he was hospitalized and even sent get well cards, but no longer have an address for him.
I almost think of all regular posters as 'my friends' as I log on daily to see what's going on. Often think I should reply with my two cents, but so far have not.
Would it be possible for you to ask Seenit to e-mail me? Sure would love to hear from her.
Take care and hope all is going well with you and your family.

Peach
WWII vet (female) US Navy

(Wish you would join us in the world of "As The AC World Turns".)
Many of us would love to hear your inputs. How using the User Name "Peach".

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/18/13 - 07:18 am
"Sarge" Jim McKenzie

Is now in the loving hands of "God".

RIP Veteran Brother.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 07:21 am
See there cgee

"Others" pick up on my wisdom & humor.....some appreciate me...even if yall don't! hehehhahah

I want to see some new movies coming out...the new one about Jobs & maybe The Butler...have yall seen them?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 07:23 am
Same here...God Bless

"Sarge" Jim McKenzie

Is now in the loving hands of "God".

RIP Veteran Brother.

A wonderful person in every way..

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/18/13 - 08:03 am
Speaking of SeenIt

Speaking of SeenIt, she was getting on me yesterday because I suggest everything should go digital instead of brick and mortar or hard copy. I want to put libraries online, first two years of college, newspapers and the post office. She said the only kind of paper I like is toilet paper...ha. So that got me thinking of cyber toilet paper. I wonder how that would be? Some kind of bidet type thing where you hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete and turn around?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/18/13 - 08:10 am
Mike Annis' Court

If I ever have to go to Mike Annis' court for a traffic violation, I'm going to put a tack in my shoe sticking up. I'm going to push down on it to make it hurt really bad every time he looks my way.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 08:12 am
So that got me thinking of cyber toilet paper.

Only you could come up with that crazy notion!

Cyber (in my mind) toilet paper won't do it for me.....I might go along with some Library material & even some POfc papers..& even some college material......BUT toilet TISSUE...pleeeze ...don't even think about it.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/13 - 08:15 am
Bidets

I never fully understood a bidet BUT for some reason I want one.

Is that a "French" thingie?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/18/13 - 08:17 am
Jim

RIP my old friend. Thank God you are no longer suffering.