Rants & Raves

DOES IT STRIKE anyone else as extremely fortuitous for the administration that while the NSA is under such scrutiny, there is suddenly a vague general worldwide imminent threat warning?

I SUGGEST A NEW gang for Augusta called the “chain gang.”

SCOTT MICHAUX, please move to Athens. In case you didn’t know, there are many of us in the area who loathe the UGA Bulldogs, and it would be so nice to have a day when we don’t have something about UGA football in the sports section.

CONCERNING THE RAVE about Rick McKee’s cartoon: Royal Birth and the Scrounging Royals. Prince William works as an air, sea rescue pilot. Both William and Kate perform royal duties. Kate got her hair done before she left the hospital because the eyes of the world would be upon her not because she is shallow.

I’M GLAD WILLIE DIXON is running for Blythe City Council. He’s one of the few people that I know who can stand up to this mayor we have out here.

GRADY ABRAMS, THE guest columnist in the Opinion section of The Augusta Chronicle, is to be commended for his thoughtful piece on race. It’s the best piece of practical advice I have seen on the race issue. It is clearly stated and makes a lot of sense. I urge everybody to read the piece; it has good points to ponder on and to act on!

I RECENTLY VISITED a pizza place at lunch for the buffet. I was there for 1 hour, 15 minutes, and only one time did they bring out pizza for the buffet. For 45 minutes, there was no pizza on the tables. I asked the manager three times when they were going to bring out pizza, and he kept saying it was on the way. I finally had to get back to work. I ate only two small pieces of cheese pizza because that was all they had out and a salad off the salad bar. I would not consider this a buffet.

TO THE PERSON who can’t pull your garbage can up your driveway: If you contact your garbage company, they will come to the back door, get your garbage can, empty it and bring it back to your back door. I know because they do that for me.

WJBF NEWS: PEANUTS don’t grow on plants; they grow on bushes.

IN THE END, THE bad people will be judged obsolete.

Comments (37)

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 05:59 pm

NSA Woo's

As predicted they would find or announce a Major threat situation.
In the last case, the Yemen dronings, all they had to do was pull the trigger to get out from under the microscope.

I support the NSA in all OVERSEAS activities and those DIRECTLY linked to the USA. But I do not support their civilian data mining of 99.9999% of the innocent public to weed out a "maybe" 1 in 10,000,000.

To the very good Info Warriors, I say:
0-19-501476-6/73/7

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 07:11 pm

Maybe a new Mayor for Bylthe?

Nothing against WILLIE DIXON is running for Blythe City Council

But I and many others ARE HOPING a certain someone we know will announce when appropriate his run for Mayor.

He knows the political issues it faces and will be a real asset in protecting Blythe from ARC, if he runs

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 07:11 pm

I think I know the Pizza ___ Buffet you speak of

and it wasn't a CC's either, it was it ?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 07:12 pm

Rant #9

WJBF doesn't know its nuts from a hole in the Ground☺

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 07:12 pm

Rant #10

Without the Ying, how does one judge the Yang?

Likely the last human alive will just be unlucky to be there.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/14/13 - 08:32 pm

Concerns About Chipper Jones

We’re in a rain delay again for the Braves and I’m AGAIN watching the "Chipper Jones Story" after a swim. It has long bothered me about Chipper’s disrespect for women as he’s had children with three different women and has left his last wife.

One thing tonight caught my attention. The night of his senior prom his father called him and told him he had to come home immediately, because the Braves’ brass was there and wanted to talk with him about signing a contract. He left the prom to go talk with them. I wonder who that girl was and if she would comment today about that night that ruined HER prom night.

I wish he had told them, he would be there after taking his date home after the prom. Number one pick and all has power, ya know?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/14/13 - 08:54 pm

River

Chipper had one child with the Hooters girl and three with his second wife.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/14/13 - 09:35 pm

Ranter #9

Actually, the WJBF story was about peanut butter bushes.

allhans
21945
allhans 08/14/13 - 11:31 pm

I remember very well pulling

Good one, LL - I remember very well pulling peanuts up out of the ground, shaking off the dirt and loading them on a small trailer. (With the plant still attached.)

I wish I could get excited about the royal family but somehow it just doesn't do it for me. One of my ancestors, a paternal grandfather many times removed, a Norman named de Marshe, was with William the Conqueror in 1066 when he invaded Englnd and took over the throne from his cousin Edward. They weren't exactly nice people.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/13 - 05:19 am

Chipper and the Naked Chicken Wings

Oh, yeah, well Chipper was having the naked chicken wings at Hooters while still married to his first wife to be accurate. To update things he is now divorced again and with the former Playboy playmate who also does videos in the shower.:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/13 - 06:19 am

New GRU Signs

There has been discussion of whether the new signs for GRU will have Augusta on them as was promised. I have done some research and found out. The new signs for GRU will say:

Georgia Regents University
University System of Georgia
President Ricardo Azziz

allhans
21945
allhans 08/15/13 - 06:32 am

Chipper..The first marriage

Chipper..The first marriage was a travesty in the beginning. An older woman going for a celebrity who was barely out of his teens...

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/13 - 06:46 am

Allhans, wait a cotton pickin

Allhans, wait a cotton pickin minute. They met in Macon while he was playing minor league ball and she was in college. She's only two years older than he is. She is now a PhD, by the way.

fatherinevans
fatherinevans 08/15/13 - 07:02 am

Disrespect to women.....

There would be No disrespect to woman if they know their role and know where the stand or step. Period.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/13 - 07:26 am

Azziz on Twitter

Okay, I better fess up before Azziz complains. The above comment about the sign is a joke. He wouldn't dare put his name on the sign, would he? I figured I had better tell the truth because he reads EVERYTHING on the Internet about himself and GRU. Know how I know? Look at his Twitter comments. He finds everything and retweets it if it mentions him or GRU.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/15/13 - 07:31 am

Chipper

He was just young and naive. If he knew how that prom date was going to end he would have told the Bravos to hold on until tomorrow with that $20 Million dollar contract.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/13 - 07:56 am

JTF, ain't that the truth.

JTF, ain't that the truth. Hey, did y'all see the photo up on the sex offenders story list? Heh, heh, heh.

navycubfan
navycubfan 08/15/13 - 08:01 am

Wow FIE

I guess women just need to be barefoot and pregnant and stay in the kitchen.... I hope you were being at least a little sarcastic.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/15/13 - 08:12 am

Surprise

Took longer than I thought for someone to flame Fatherinevans.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/15/13 - 08:38 am

I have no problem with them

I have no problem if they wear flip-flops, as long as my dinner is on time and not burnt!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/13 - 08:44 am

Stand or step...??

I'm female & I guess I don't know where to stand & step....please come on & tell me...

I hope this is not a barefoot & pregnant statement!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/13 - 08:46 am

Chipper who...haha

Yall kill me with this worshippping a baseball player.....reminds me of the groupies following Tiger.

Question...If you two (RM & JTF) were women..would you marry Chipper if he asked?

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/15/13 - 08:48 am

"Hey, did y'all see the photo

"Hey, did y'all see the photo up on the sex offenders story list?"

Book--->Cover

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/15/13 - 08:53 am

seenit

Chipper - a baseball player?

That's like saying AJ Foyt was just a race car driver.
Or Tiger Woods is just a golfer.
Or, umm, eh OK I get your point.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/13 - 08:56 am

Well Fred

He was/is just a baseball player...right?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/15/13 - 08:59 am

Some of you ed-u-ma-cated people

either just don't understand Sarcasm or don't know a good reverse negative joke.

The "Bare foot and pregnant and supper on the table for her man",
has been a Southern Straight Face joke to get a wife's blood boiling,for many generations. It is the usual husband response to not clearly winning the discussion. Because the wife changed the debate topic in mid-stream when she was losing.

Besides
Barefoot means rough feet in bed, a Pregnant wife gets in the way of her doing her chores or making the hubby happy. Also babies cut into the Beer Budget and the mans fishing time.

So likely, those serving up the joker for breakfast have been pranked.
Or a liberal set us for a heated discussion.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/15/13 - 08:58 am

Seenit

What worship? We were discussing his personal life. I admire his athletic ability. He provided great entertainment for me for 19 yrs. One of the best major league players of all time. First ballot Hall Of Fame. Would I marry him if I was a women?? Hell, he has $100 million bucks, I would marry him now!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/13 - 08:58 am

I have to hit & run myself this am

I did check the sex list & something does stand out to me...WHAT is going on in Hephzibah? I see that address pop up a lot on the list....a small city for so many on the list.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/13 - 09:00 am

Best answer of all time!

Thanks JTF...I'm lol this am..♥

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/15/13 - 09:13 am

Hephizbah and the Sex offenders

The Hephzibah Zip Code really needs to be broken up.

It is misleading for now, but maybe De-consolidation with take care of than in the future?

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.