Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT regarding the afternoon commute, westbound on River Watch Parkway. At the light at the intersection of Claussen Road and Interstate 20 West, some drivers approach in the right-hand lane, then jump over in front of the traffic that has been waiting even though that lane is marked overhead and with a sign stating right turn only – into the Pilot Station. What makes you arrogant jerks think you are too good to wait like the rest of us? I wish the sheriff would put a deputy there and hand out tickets for those of you that do this.

THE GOOD PART OF the black community is losing credibility with the whites because of the behavior of the race baiters, criminal element and parasites in the black community. When a black criminal fatally shoots a 2-year-old white child in the face in a robbery, where was the outrage in the good black community?

WHEN WILL PEOPLE wake up and realize what is going on in the South Carolina Legislature? They are now allowing deer baiting. This is not hunting; it is killing. This is not fair.

CONGRESSIONAL members and their staffers exempted from the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Isn’t that special?

A SLEW OF gang-bangers are bonded out of jail. Does anyone want to bet how many are dead or busted on other charges before their current crimes see trial?

THINGS ARE REALLY upside down and backwards when the head of Russia wants to stop so-called gays while the president of the U.S. wants gays to be happy …

A HUGE RANT TO the management of SRNS for deciding to end their community outreach program supporting the Aiken Rehab, and the handicapped people who work there.

LOWER TEST SCORES, low morale, high turnover. Do the math, the common denominator is Brian Campbell. Wake up, Lincoln County!

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/13/13 - 07:15 pm
Rant # 2

Strongly agree, Race Baiting has been seen for what it is by to many.
The only ones still at it have an investment in it for Frame, media or $$$$.

Or can't let go of their own Anti-White racial issues.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/13/13 - 08:58 pm
Rant #4

Have always said it is a conflict of interest to have lawyers writing Laws they put loop holes into, to use later.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/13/13 - 09:03 pm
Rant #5

So much for equal treatment, protection and status under the US Constitution. We now have a clearly defined Privileged class vs. the Voters.

Many argue about what US Constitutional Amendment needs to be next.
I feel it should be:

"Congress shall subject to the same laws, as written and the ways the laws are interpreted regarding the ALL citizens of the United States of America."

KSL
KSL 08/13/13 - 09:28 pm
noc

That would also make them subject to insider trading laws again.

JggrNAUT
JggrNAUT 08/13/13 - 09:44 pm
Credibility

The Black community has enough issues to deal with. Approval of any other sector of the American public should not be that high on the list in comparison with education, unemployment etc.... By the way, there are many levels to ANY community. Kardashian, Duck dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, Doomsday Prepper, etc. Don't presume to have answers for any group of Americans. It's never that simple. Don't be so myopic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/13/13 - 11:17 pm
Yeah, about the lane jumpers

Yeah, about the lane jumpers at the light on Riverwatch, don't you wish we drove bumper cars sometimes and could just bump inappropriate drivers off the road?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/13/13 - 11:24 pm
Could This Actually Be True?

Knowing the Mindset and action of the Hammer & Sickle man with his Gestapos........Maybe!

400 Surface-to-Air Missiles Were Stolen from Libya and Are Now ‘in the Hands of Some Very Ugly People’, Says Whistleblowers’ Attorney

Aug. 12, 2013 10:00pm Jason Howerton

A former U.S. attorney representing Benghazi whistleblowers is claiming that 400 surface-to-air missiles were “stolen” and “taken from Libya” and are now “in the hands of some very ugly people.” He also said the Obama administration is “deeply concerned” that the weapons may be used to shoot down airliners.

In an interview with WMAL radio, Joe DiGenova explained that the stolen missiles also represent one of the reasons the U.S. State Department shut down 19 embassies across the Middle East last week.

This file photo taken on September 11, 2012 shows a vehicle and the surrounding area engulfed in flames after it was set on fire inside the US mission compound in Benghazi. Credit: AFP/Getty Images
This file photo taken on September 11, 2012 shows an armed man waving his rifle as buildings and cars are engulfed in flames after being set on fire inside the US consulate compound in Benghazi. Credit: AFP/Getty Images

He said the development has the Obama administration “deeply concerned” and on alert.

Even more potentially shocking, DiGenova claimed the missiles are now in the hands of Al Qaeda operatives, according to his sources. His sources include “former intelligence officials who stay in constant contact with people in the Special Ops and intelligence community.”

“And it’s pretty clear that the biggest concern right now are 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten in the hands of some very ugly people,” he added.

What was not immediately clear is why the U.S. government had stockpiled 400 surface-to-air missiles somewhere in Libya, or when exactly they were stolen and where they were taken from, although the suggestion seems to be the were taken around the time of the attack.

When asked if the weapons were taken from the annex on the night of September 11, DiGenova said “that I do not know, whether they were at the annex.” However, the attorney said “it is clear that the [CIA] annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles.”

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 04:10 am
That is just great.

That is just great. What a mess this corrupt and inept administration has made of things.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 08/14/13 - 04:49 am
I think the reason you don't

I think the reason you don't hear anything from blacks when they see/hear/read about black-on-white crime, like the example of a black youth shooting a white child, is because blacks feel "turn about is fair play"....in other words, "Hey, it happens to us all the time. Now let them see how it feels.". I've actually had black co-workers say this.

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 06:50 am
"IN THE GOOD OLD days,

"IN THE GOOD OLD days, government was headed by businessmen who understood finances/budgets. And lawyers, who understand nothing but fostering confusion, were kept in the courtroom instead of being allowed to run rampantly amok in Washington, D.C."

Actually, many of our US Presidents were attorneys, very few of them were businessmen.

Some people don't know their American history.

Here's a few:
Abraham Lincoln
Franklin Roosevelt
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon
Currently, Barack Obama
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
Bill Clinton

and the list goes on and on...

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 06:55 am
I know, JMO

But the young blacks who are acting out are going after the wrong people. They have been afforded a hand up like none in the past. They have turned their backs on opportunities to learn job producing skills. Illegal immigration is takings its toll on them, because semi-skilled illegals are taking jobs either paid under the table at a lower rate, and/or sending money out of the cointry, keeping it out of our economy.

And before I close out this post, let me quicken to add that it is not just blacks. Plenty of whites fit that bill, as well. I chose to single out young black men only because of the high unemployment numbers on them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/14/13 - 07:05 am
Good Morning "New Parenting Strategies" America

I just have to tell you this story.

Friday around, 04:30 the CIC and GrandGirl decided to got out an eat. On the way she ask me to stop at Wal-Mart because she had to get something. Lucky I was able to park in the spot at the main entrance next to them there easy parking handicap spaces. They both got out and I stay in the truck to listen to Austin R&R about the RC po-po that horrendously brutally beat that poor indecent, God fearing 15 year old that refused to stop when asked too. Had my windows down to catch a rain front wind that was rolling in. In parked a very new large, white SUV in the handicap space. Out rolled a maybe 300 lb lady with maybe an Hammer & Sickly man phone to her ear and meet her maybe overweight, 13-14 year old, free lunch, blue poke-a-dot under wares in full view, son next to my window.

Here's where the New Parenting Strategy comes into play........Guidance Given......

"Pull Up Your Pants, There Are Many "Whites" In This Store"

I felt so bad knowing I was being racist to have heard this.

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 07:08 am
Wait just a minute, Corgi

Don't pick on lawyers per se. Are you trying to tell me Bill Clinton and Hilly, who worked for a private law firm, and both who knew how to pick investments, didn't know anyrhing about business. Wasn't Hilly's father a business man in Chicago? Didn't Thomas Jefferson own a plantation?Roosevelt came from a wealthy family. Just how did that wealth come about?

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 07:09 am
Rant #3- Deer are nothing

Rant #3- Deer are nothing more than big four footed rats with antlers. Yes, bait for them, kill them. They are vermin, they aren't Bambi.

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 07:12 am
GG

At least she didn't call ahead and have the electric cart delivered to her parking space.

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 07:19 am
Corgi

I am going to have to contact my high school biology teacher and tell him the classification system he required us to learn was all wrong.

fatherinevans
fatherinevans 08/14/13 - 07:20 am
Rant #9

Why not Thank them for what they have done instead of what they can no longer afford to do. Its people like you that think these free handouts are free to the ones doing the giving. Unfortunately there are ALOT of businesses that can no longer afford to participate in these type of programs. Thank You SRNS for ALL you have done and will do again when the economy allows you to.

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 07:25 am
And I beleve each one of them

And I beleve each one of them started out like a Bambi. If they are such a nuisance, why are they protected part of the year?

KSL
KSL 08/14/13 - 07:33 am
And Corgi

I have enjoyed venison that wes shared with us. I don't plan to ever dine on a rat.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/14/13 - 07:43 am
Speaking Of Deer

I know of 4 or 5 that will be seeing a hanging rack pretty soon....those that I continuously hear about eating the CIC's roses.

KSL and anyone that wants deer meat, just let me know.

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 07:55 am
KSL, deer are one of the most

KSL, deer are one of the most destructive animals that live in the US. They have no natural predators, so they have overpopulated to the point that yes, indeed, they are vermin. They spread disease. The definition of vermin is a pest or nuisance animal. They destroy farm crops. They are responsible for many car accidents and human deaths.

Feel free to call your biology teacher. That doesn't change things.

The deer population has exploded across the US in the last few decades, perhaps your biology teacher failed to explain that to you.

I don't think that animals starving to death is humane or beneficial in any way, but you are free to think differently.

They aren't Bambi, which was a fictional story. They aren't cute and lovable. They are a wild, very destructive animal and should be treated as such.

I don't know if you've ever lived around a big deer-hunting area, and no, Aiken doesn't count. It is downright dangerous to go in the woods during hunting season, even wearing blaze orange. For that reason alone, deer hunting is restricted to specific times, because there are too many idiots out there that will fire at anything that moves. And as rural areas get built up with houses, it becomes even more dangerous.

There is nothing wrong with baiting and attractants, any more than it is wrong to put cheese in a mousetrap.

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 07:58 am
For corn's sake, KSL, who

For corn's sake, KSL, who says I'm picking on lawyers?

Did you even bother to read Rant #4?

Wow. Just wow.

But if you want to talk about Presidents who were businessmen, you could talk about Jimmy Carter, the worst President in history, or Harry Truman, whose business failed. Having a President who was a businessman means nothing, because the US is not a business.

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 08:01 am
Now, here's an interesting

Now, here's an interesting concept in the fight against gangs. And Augusta tends to look at Charlotte closely. Perhaps this is something that Augusta should consider

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/13 - 08:16 am
Yall are funny this am..:)

CGee...YOU listen to austin?? lol

If we ever have a depression again...I think some on here would welcome that deer meat...

corgimom
corgimom 08/14/13 - 08:19 am
But KSL, there's this- "Now I

But KSL, there's this-
"Now I definitely agree on Barack Obama. He WAS a lawyer, but didn't something happen to that? And I don't think he has ever so much as run a lemonade stand."

I would like to point out to you, and others on here, that nobody knows who I voted for in the election, or the one before that. I've never said.

But I don't feel the need to demonize any President, and it doesn't matter what political party they head. Because I know that the President has very little to do with running the country, it's Congress that does that. And Congress is the most inept and corrupt body of government that has ever existed, and it gets worse with each passing year.

Obama doesn't need to run a business. After he gets out of office, he will be given gazillions of millions of dollars for his memoirs, so will Michelle. They both will make lots of money being on the Board of Directors for a bunch of high-powered corporations- I guess you can say he'll run a business in that respect- and they will make millions travelling around the world giving speeches and fundraising. He will be worth far more than you and I. He will be one of the super-rich. He would have no need to run a business and would be foolish to do so.

Not bad for somebody who never had a lemonade stand, you think?

But the Congress loves people like you. They love people that demonize the President- of either party, it doesn't matter. It takes the attention and the heat off of them, and they can continue to get reelected year after year after year and use their office for their own personal gain, and continue their incompetence and corruption and cronyism.

If people paid more attention to Congress, and demanded accountability, that's when you would start to see change. But as long as you, and people like you, focus on the President, nothing will ever change.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/14/13 - 08:23 am
corgimom - Its a scary morning

I have mostly agreed with more parts of your comments, than not.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/13 - 08:25 am
I don't demonize many politicians but

I won't spend a dime on any book the Obamas will write in the future....I have heard enough about them on the adoring tv news.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/13 - 08:26 am
funny nocnoc

Hah...What kind of coffee does corgi drink in the morning?

bigj706
bigj706 08/14/13 - 08:27 am
Good morning seenit

Good morning seenit

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/13 - 08:38 am
Good morming right back bigj

I didn't win the big powerball so I guess you are safe for awhile......:)

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.